DVMAX Practice

Practice management software for veterinary clinics

DVMAX Practice Reviews

Pros

I was very excited about DVMAX when we were looking for a new PIMS system a f ew years back. It ease of use was a good indication that would be very easy for some of our tech challenged people.

Roberto P.

Meghan E.

The search engines to search a client is fantastic.

Jill H.

Cons

Complete lack of customization for our communications.

Heather C.

We talk with the front staff and they know the issues but they only pass it on with no results. I sold the practice recently but if I still owned the practice I would switch to a new software.

James O.

3.4

Works great on PC

Pros

Allows you store all needed treatments in one central location (treatment plans) for all hospital and boarding. Updates in same time so multiple users can see what task are needing to be completed.

Cons

You can not add onto the invoice if a patient chart is opened on another workstation.

Incredibly customizable, intuitive, easy

I went from a brick and mortar practice with many users (7 workstations + 2 laptops)and a 10,000+ item pet supply store to a solo house call practice on one laptop, all using DVMax. I am always making improvements to my practice management software. There is almost always a way to improve my protocols and DVMax helps me do that.

Pros

1) Customization. I have created exam templates for many different species and situations. My fish exam template is nothing like my senior cat template. I am constantly changing my Super Items so that I can easily point and click to common procedures and products given a certain set of circumstances. Macros, pick lists (finding items), treatment plans, estimates, everything is super easy to create...

Cons

Since I have it on Macs, there are fewer choices with compatible outsourced services. For example, not all pet portals work in a Mac environment and not all integrate with DVMax in *any* environment. The financial reports need a lot of work; just being able to export them directly to quickbooks would be nice.

DVMax review

meh. Not the best program but not the worse. Works on both IBMs and Macs which might be a nice feature to some

Pros

very easy to train on. 5 different ways to do each thing so you can find the way that works best for you.

Cons

easy to use but not a ton of options/features

DVMAX - simple and easy PMS

Good experience. Low training level and very user friendly.

Pros

I liked most that it was very simplistic. We didn't have to memorize a lot of hot keys. Extremely user friendly.

Cons

Unable to print a complete chart. Had to print out day-by-day records. Upgrades take more time and inconvenience a practice that operates on a 24/7 basis.

Needs innovation

Enjoyed it while we had it.

Pros

DvMax did a sufficient job but really needed to be brought to the next level. Loved leaving invoice open if needed without having to close it. Word processing was nice.

Cons

Lack of innovation. Inventory management.

Intuitive

Pros

This software is easy to learn but has alot of depth for advanced users. It is hard to find that in the same software

Cons

At time reporting seems somewhat restrictive.

Outdated

Pros

It's easy for staff to utilize. Very simple. Easy to navigate.

Cons

Complete lack of customization for our communications

New version has so many bugs and no fixes. Their response has been non-existent.

Pros -- our practice has used the soft ware since 1999 and generally the product has worked OK. Cons -- with every upgrade the data does not fit the screens, data screens get smaller and less user friendly and of course there is no fix for appointments in military time. We talk with the front staff and they know the issues but they only pass it on with no results. I sold the practice recently but if I still owned the practice I would switch to a new software!

Cons

DVMAX needs a serious overhaul.

Pros

Cons

It lacked some of the more needed integrations with our Lab equipment. Lack of upgrades or service packs to fix bugs in the system

Out dated

Pros

I found no positive note for the software.

Cons

Outdated and not user friendly at all. It was difficult to navigate.

It’s ok

Overall it is an ok practice program. I have worked with others that are more user friendly but I do prefer this search better than others.

Pros

The search engines to search a client is fantastic.

Cons

Not extremely user friendly. There are other programs that are better to use.

I come from a practice using Cornerstone. Dvmax is a definite downgrade. A bare bones software.

Pros

Very little. Tech support is friendly. Setting up email and attachment features requires a lengthy process. Not very Mac compatible.

Cons

Minimal functionality. Outdated. Not user-friendly. Has a subscription only fax capability. Attachments hard to use.

Dvmax review

I used this software for years at a veterinary hospital. It was very simple and easy to use. However, the lack of updates pushed us to use a different program to keep up with the newer computer systems (Windows) and to give us more options to do paperless documentation. This would be great for small practices who prefer paper records and would only use for mostly scheduling appointments.

DVMax review

Easy to use for the not so technically advance however does not save any time on paperwork, actually adds time to your day

Pros

Very user friend in that even the "close to retire" clinician can use without trouble

Cons

It is not compatible for high volume/ caseload practices. I had to do all my paperwork on a word document then transfer it over to the program.