All categories

Stephanie M.

KYLE Y.

Ronnie M.

Jane P.

I can see the different lots, but the numbers are locked, I couldn't change them. After many failed attempts.

KYLE Y.

Sara H.

4.1

E2 First 6 months of use Survey

Overall we enjoy the product, it has helped us reach a new company milestone and will continue to help us into the next company leaps in the future.

Pros

The Manufacturing organizational aspect of the software is great! Helps keep the manufacturing workflow running smoothly without much intervention from administrative staff. Once the software is learned, it is a pretty intuitive and easy to use product.

Cons

Ability to modify standard document layout should be included in the software and should not be an add-in. Especially working from a French/English Province we need the ability legally to have 2 languages shown on the documents but shouldn't have to pay for it. It would also be useful to have a basic functioning walkthrough tutorial for when you first start up E2.

Transitioned from QuickBooks to E2 MFG

Having no prior first-hand experience with an ERP system myself, as a company we are overall very satisfied. The reduction in phone calls between offices throughout the day to gather bits of information, the elimination of duplicating work or "copy and pasting", the decrease in errors due to not having to transcribe information any longer are all very welcome improvements. We hired an outside consultant...

Pros

Improvement of inventory tracking coming from an Excel-based, manual process that'd grown to be quite cumbersome. MFG's capabilities eliminated many spreadsheets and many hours maintaining those spreadsheets. Visibility throughout the organization of order status; pieces completed, what's in-process, what's already shipped, etc. Searchable criteria in MFG is quite robust. Prior to MFG we were only able to search via customer part numbers, this left a lot to be desired. Now we can search based on many, many more variables.

Cons

The biggest hurdle/challenge in learning and implementing MFG was understanding a whole new terminology; allocations, transfers, material/job requirements, processing, etc. and how those functioned in MFG specifically. As well sometimes, certain terms are used interchangeably in certain places and this can lead to temporary confusion. There are many ways to accomplish a single task. This flexibility is nice once you're used to the system but can be overwhelming in the beginning.

Over thought and over engineered nightmare

Pros

Customer support is good. You can always get someone on the phone. They do work with you to try and get things figured out. Although you may be on the phone a long time, so plan accordingly.

Cons

Everything pretty much. It's the least user friendly software we've encountered. It's not a visible system, everything is buried deep within. It takes many different clicks and screens to see what is needed to see. Doing any retail type business with different price levels is very troublesome. Information that should be simple to look up in near impossible. This system also puts your parts from a PO...

Excellent customer service and value - MFG user

Pros

Excellent customer service with support on software and hardware questions. I have had consistently outstanding support from the customer service group supporting the E2 MFG system. Good value for the product provided. Accounting module works well for us and allows us to use one system for our manufacturing processes and our accounting functions.

Cons

Some of the changes made through upgrades have been pretty frustrating and seem to be focused on a select few customers and don't make sense for the rest. (most recent example: Purchasing Module - addition of required Location entry for Receivers as a default instead of a choice to be made within the company preferences.)

E2 Manufacturing Review

Crescent has had a great experience with E2. I feel like we are uncovering new functionality almost every day. The whiteboard and scheduling module has helped us greatly.

Pros

E2 is a huge step forward from where we were as an organization. The powerful features and endless options make the possibilities for this software seem endless. If you want to perform a particular function odds are E2 has a way to do it.

Cons

E2 was such a drastic shift from where we came from that eployees took a long time to adjust, Those that are willing to experiment with the software and its capabilities have had a much easier transition than those who are not.

Couldn't implement what they promised at sale

Very disappointing. Couldn't actually get it to work. Continued on with current system. Understood that they couldn't get there even though they promised they could at time of sale. But then they ghosted me and said all sales are final even though their experts said they couldn't do what they said they could do. Not very good ethics in my opinion.

Pros

Built on SQL database so lookups are simple

Cons

We were sold a list of things during the sales cycle that they weren't able to make good on come implementation time. Then turned their back on me and ghosted me like I didn't exist. About as bad an experience as I could have dreamed up. Be very careful with this group. All sales are final, even if they can't deliver.

E2 Review

It has been a mixed bag over the years, but the people are the best!!!!!!

Pros

This software is very versatile and covers everything from quoting through shipping. The accounting module keeps everything in one interface so there aren't any integration issues.

Cons

The quoting module uses estimate codes that you can not see all at the same time. Reconciliation of accounts only works on a calendar month basis. Credit cards require jumping through some hoops!

A Turnkey ERP system that excels in connecting all the dots

Shoptech is completely dedicated to their customer's needs and their successful use of the software. The customer's voice is heard and improvements are expedited and implemented. Simply The Best Product Support

Pros

From the initial RFQ to Final Shipping, E2 MFG is there every step of the way. This is turnkey platform for Aerospace/ISO registered companies.

Cons

Hoping to add a 1st level viewer of PDFs or solid model plug in. one click printing of print, job label and traveler.

E@ makes it easy

Since 2009 and going

Pros

The software allows you to quote and then enter and order using that quote and then invoice right in one platform, easy peezee!

Cons

The RMA portal needs a little revamping

Shoptech is a full-featured ERP application that covers all of the bases

Still in the setup phases

Pros

The integration is well done, there are many facets to the software setup that enhance the integration.

Cons

I wish the training video's were more up-to-date on some of the advanced features like scheduling and the web interfaces.

Metalfab Manufacturing, Inc. Review

Overall its been really good, it takes a lot of figuring out, but it really does put all our information together and keep things organized in a way to produce usable data and reports.

Pros

The ability to bring everything together in one place, where all management and supervisors can access it has been great. I like to ability to use shop floor terminals for data entry and the ability to generate reports from that data.

Cons

A regular challenge I face is trying to figure out the right location or combination of steps it takes to change certain items within the system. There are not explanations of pathways. For example, the other day I wanted to pick specific lots of material for a job we were running. I thought I would be given the option right at job material processing. Nope. I can see the different lots, but the numbers...

Excellent software for small manufacturing businesses

I know it's difficult to launch a software and continually upgrade it to meet the customers needs. Not only from a development standpoint, but from a tech support standpoint. The team at Shoptech has always been friendly and very willing to help. The tech support team has some strong players on it, both in software and hardware, and that is making a huge difference in the customer experience.

Pros

Overall, the product is very easy to use. The modules "talk" to one another and the data flows with ease. Our A/R and A/P departments use the software in conjunction with purchasing and sales and their experience has been positive. The data collection system is very user friendly for the employees on the floor and provides great feedback and reporting for the management team. The quick analysis reports, or dashboard reports, provide a snapshot of what's going on in your business at a quick glance.

Cons

There are nuances to the software that only a "seasoned user" would know exist. If the user is unaware of the nuances, the data could be skewed, or the user could be stopped in their tracks, or worse yet, the action of the subsequent user could be negatively impacted. To that point, the overarching concern I have is that we have a lot of tribal knowledge when it comes to E2 MFG and if an employee chooses to leave our company, the next hire will "learn" the software, but they won't really "know" the software for quite some time.

Very detailed, excellent Tech Support

I am very happy my company switched from E2 Pro to E2 Mfg, this new system has much more versatility, detail, and is a lot more user friendly. Very happy with the new E2 Mfg product.

Pros

This software is very detailed and makes it easy to make changes that keep production going. There are a lot of different steps to assist with making sure changes are correct, which helps with accuracy and decreases human error.

Cons

I wish there was a grid in the Order Entry tab to search for the Part Number. When I need to see what orders are open on which parts, I have to use the binoculars to search and there is no part number available until I go into edit those orders.

E2 Review By AMSI

We are please and satisfied with the product and we recommend it for other business

Pros

The most we like about E2 is the following, 1 user friendly , specially the help line 2: database module an bill bill of married module and part search engine 3: project setup and process routing 4: real time cost capture 4: we envoy the accounting module

Cons

The most we like least about E2 are, 1: Converting proposal to order 2: Lack of creating report to show the Balkance of non invoiced for any particular order

E2 Shoptech

Pros

Visibility is key for us, and with this software you can follow an opportunity through from initial stages of quoting through final stages of billing and everything in between. And Customer Service is Top Notch!

Cons

It can be difficult to make changes to orders once in process, but hopefully that is something their team recognizes and will help to rectify in the future.

E2 - Powerful and well worth the investment

E2 has helped us be able to reign in hundreds of variables and see an organized shop floor and schedule. It takes dedication to learn and upkeep, but well worth the time and cost.

Pros

It is very intuitive and extremely detailed. Nothing is missed.

Cons

Hard to learn at first, but customer support more than makes up for it. Very helpful and professional.

E2

Very good, Very helpful customer service

Pros

The amount of report options is wonderful you have many different options to retrieve your report

Cons

trying to figure out the best way to get a report

Works great for us

For the most part, E2 does all we want it to.

Pros

Great support from knowledgeable employees at Shoptech

Cons

The level of user customization could be a bit more in depth

E2 Sunrise Packaging

Pros

The way the data flows through the entire process of production to invoicing.

Cons

The help option needs a bit more step-by-step explanation. I have trouble finding what I need.

Pros

Ease of use. Navigation of windows. Ability to run many custom reports in Hotspots.

Cons

Cost of additional users can be expensive.

E2 MFG Implemented 3/4/2019

As Production manager, I have so much more data available through E2 than I had access to prior to implementation. I have been able to customize some of the standard reports using Crystal Reports and find it very easy to export CSV files for analysis in Excel. Overall the synchronization between QuickBooks and E2 MFG has been smooth.

Pros

There are multiple ways to perform functions within the software. The access to data through QuickView and report hyperlinks makes finding the information very easy.

Cons

Once a job is "In Process" making changes becomes very difficult. The lack of being able to use UPS ground freight pricing has added extra work onto our Shipping department. Hopefully, the interface will be completed soon.

E2 Manufacturing has helped us plan schedule of manufacturing.

We are only using a small subset of the capabilities at first, but we have solved our manufacturing scheduling issues by tracking machine and personnel usage time.

Pros

Easy to use. Broken into modules so everything is grouped together. You can have multiple tabs open and traverse in-between them. Being able to access SQL backend is beneficial for writing customized reports.

Cons

Would like to see what users are logged from login screen as sometimes concurrent licenses are orphaned.

Compared to three other ERP/MRP systems

Having used a couple of other ERP systems, I find that E2 gets it right. E2 is easy to use, but not so much so that you still don't have to grow into all it can do.

Pros

Ease of use. This software has all the bells and whistles that other ERPs have, but with an easier to use set up. If your system is too complex, or you have more than you need, it becomes difficult to use. I also appreciate that there are training sessions on line. Watching them has given me ideas about what else this system can do.

Cons

I would have liked an "old school" hard copy manual that I could read through and highlight.

E2 MFG

Pros

We love the order, purchasing, inventory and accounting modules. We just started exploring the quality module. Also the support is top notch. They always take time to review the question or issue with you can provide the best possible solution.

Cons

We struggle with the MFG Shop and Scheduling as its not easy to manage and requires a full time person to manage. Also the shop users found it slowed down their efficiency as they scan, job, employee, pieces accepted, etc.

My Review

I love using E2! Literally the easiest and quickest software I've ever used. There has been times E2 has froze up on me, but the Support team has helped me through it in timely manner, and for that, I am grateful.

Pros

I like the speed and the accuracy of this software. Its easy to navigate through and get the job done a lot quicker than other software(s) I've worked with in the past.

Cons

Sometimes can be not so user-friendly, I often get confused when orders don't want to "Process".