All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

EnergyCAP

Utility Bill Accounting & Energy Managemment Software

EnergyCAP Reviews

I have been using EnergyCAP software for three years. It is an essential tool for of my job.

EnergyCAP software allows institutions, businesses, and anyone wanting to save energy a quality tool to quantify that reality. It takes the conservation work we do on the ground throughout our facilities, and highlights our success as well as areas where further opportunities exist. EnergyCAP allows me to run a wealth of reports to show others in our institution how we are doing. Benchmarking with this software can show us what has happened, whats happening, as well as what to expect. Without the data generated by EnergyCAP, we would be comparing apples to oranges and people in our institution would not be able to see how their energy conservation efforts add up.

Cons

We use EnergyCAP to manage all of our corporate utility bills.

We've been using EnergyCAP for around 2 years now, and in just that time period alone, we've saved thousands of dollars in direct refunds to our company from errors found in bills. EnergyCAP has allowed us to understand our energy consumption profile better than we ever have, to see areas where we can save energy, and to assess possible sustainability initiatives. The greatest value that our company receives from EnergyCAP is transparency in our utility cost and consumption and enhanced ability to find potential billing errors that often result in refunds or bill credits. Savings and refunds found through the software have essentially paid for the cost of EnergyCAP.

Cons

Works to meet many needs.

We use this softwre to track a very large number of accounts across a diverse state that is completely deregulated for electricity and natural gas supply. We have many locations, vendors and reporting needs. This software has met all of the ones we have faced so far. There are custom fields that can be developed for meeting special reporting requirements, over 200 canned reports and all of them import into spreadsheets. The company has been terrific with great response time and better yet, they are always friendly and cheerful no matter what we have done or problem we have created for ourselves. Great software and company.

Cons

Have used the on-line version for two years, before that used the off-line version for eight years

Pros: I can access it anywhere, which makes it easy to get the information I need anywhere, 24-7. Pros: As I gravitated to the new system, the customer service in resolving problems was some of the best I have had in 30+ years of dealing with computer systems! Cons: No way of tracking solid waste and recycling. I still use the old system for that. Cons: After eight years of pulling information out, it has been a struggle for me personally to be able to convert my thinking over to the new format. There are a lot of new reports and I have to really think about which ones can tell my story. Thanks

Cons

EnergyCAP is a great product and the company provides very responsive customer service

Pros

what I like most about the EnergyCAP software is that it has a good variety of available report options and responsive customer service

Cons

what I like least about the EnergyCAP software is that the navigation can take some time to learn and it could be more user-friendly

Pros

The user interface is intuitive and easy to use. There are a lot of filter options to help narrow down what you're looking for.

Cons

As a limited user to approve bills for payment, I haven't found any cons for the software.

This software has made us a more energy conscious company

Prior to using EnergyCAP, we had to track our energy usage in Excel for all of our 200+ facilities across the country. We relied on our facility managers to fax over utility bills on a monthly basis. Not only has EnergyCAP saved us time and made us more productive in tracking our energy costs, but we have been able to identify misapplied payments, ensure that when facilities move the utilities get disconnected, identify missing bills and more importantly, we can identify our energy costs down to the use/day! This has all caused us to be a more energy conscious company.

Energy Conservation

The City Council made energy conservation a priority for our organization, in part so we can mitigate the impact of rising utility costs and protect our taxpayers. The integration and automation features of EnergyCAP will greatly enhance our efforts to manage our many utility accounts, track and analyze usage data, and find ways to reduce energy consumption in City buildings. The City of Chandler will be a more efficient organization with EnergyCAP.

Cons

10 years using EnergyCap and 5 years using Faser(old version)

This is the only utility software to use if you are doing true energy management. This software program does everything you need it to do. From collecting energy data, GHG Emissions, Energy Star, weather data, custom reports, and reports of every kind. Don't settle for some half baked program we you can have the best. I just got a refund of $350,000 from using EnergyCap data to prove to the water company were being over billed.

Cons

It has been an extremely useful tool in my position as energy manager for a school district

The desktop version certainly had its limitations, but still a very useful tool. When we switched to the online pro version, I was very excited about the possibilities. To have so many reports available at any given time is very helpful. Ease of use is great. I wish there was a way to adjust for conditions pertaining to water usage as it does with gas and electric.

Cons

We have been using this software since 2006. We are very pleased with the data reports available .

The software is user friendly easy to access reports and input monthly data. We provide reports to building administrators and head custodians to share with staff . These reports are provide each month. Support for trouble shooting is readily available. We have experienced a minor problem with retrieving data prior to 2008 which has been corrected.

Cons

EnergyCAP web based version is an easy to use, powerful system used to manage our utilty portfolio

EnergyCAP has very good powerviews that provide a very quick snynapsis of consumption or cost anomolies at a site, regional or global level. The benchmarking and reporting capabilities allow us to focus on directing our energy and limited resources to the "problem" buildings. The technical support services are very responsive and easy to work with

Cons

The software provides versatility and access to utility information in a useful and organized format

pros: utility bills are organized and easily accessed cost information over time can be used for reporting environmental information on GHG's can be analyzed many reports can be created comparisons can be made cons: with so many reports and filter settings it's difficult to navigate through to generate what you're looking for

Cons

It has been an easy learning process.

I am in the infancy of learning the power of the software. It has been very easy to input data and to use the recommended reports. My one interaction with the customer service over a forgotten password was very good as they responded to my request within the hour. I am looking forward to learning more and more about the software.

Cons

I have been using this software since we began our program in July 2012.

This software of very user-friendly. I am not a computer expert, but I have found this program useful and easy to navigate through the various options available. There have been very few problems with this program even when we transitioned to the online version. The assistance from the EnergyCAP personnel has been excellent.

Cons

EnergyCAP allows me to track, monitor, analyze, and report on utility use and Carbon Footprint

EnergyCap is very useful in pinpointing issues within locations that may have water leaks or higher than usual utility usage. When reporting on Carbon Footprint, it allows a quick roll up from locations to a common hierarchy and in calculating the greenhouse gases. It is so much more than a typical utility database.

Cons

We needed the best solution for any scale of organization to offer to our clients.

We looked at the market to see what was out there, and that's when we came across EnergyCAP. We found they had the best solution available and the best staff to support the product, so we developed a partnership with EnergyCAP. It's been an excellent partnership for the past 7 years.

Cons

Once I spent a little time getting familiar/comfortable with the software it is very easy to use.

There is truly so much information available. I can't think of a thing you would want to know or track that isn't available. I like that you may share the information with other user through view only. The weather being automatically updated is also a nice feature.

Cons

I have not used the new e-cap as much as the old vers. But the energy specialist likes the improveme

keep up the good work. We will continue to use the software after our contracrt with Centergistic is completed. An awsome tool I just asked for new reports on true cost and other reports and energy specialist said no problem. Thanks. Brett

Cons

Great software for tracking utility data

I have enjoyed using EnergyCAP. The interface is really easy to use. I can trust that my data is secure. There are so many reports I can choose that I sometimes get lost in it. I would rather have too many choices rather than not enough.

Cons

Excellent experience so far, great support, beyond our expectations!

We have very specific goals to reach certain levels of conservation and efficiency. So, EnergyCAP supports all these initiatives. EnergyCAP is going to help us do the benchmarking and from there we can prioritize energy efficiency projects.

Cons

Online version is much improved

I am liking the online version of ECAP. Many more reporting options are available and the interface has a more user friendly Windows feel. Updates are constantly making improvements to the product and issues are always resolved promptly.

Cons

Easy bill imput & bill detail.

The on-line version of EnergyCAP has great reports. The inventory of reports is awesome, but finding the right report for our needs can be cumbersome. When I have requested help, your responses are quick and very helpful.

Cons

EnergyCAP saves precious time when comparing different facilities accross campus to one another.

Easy to use. Like the way you can navigate from the "buildings" component to the "accounting" component. We can do the same with spreadsheets but EnergyCAP cuts that level of customization to a fraction of the time.

Cons

Work with the software several times a week.

The pros of the software is its functionality. The cons would be that there needs to be more training for the energy education specialists to be able to navigate and use the software to its full capability.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.