eVetPractice

Cloud-based veterinary practice management system

eVetPractice Reviews - Page 2

eVetPractice

From the migration to current day, the training and support staff at eVetPractice have been wonderful. If I have any questions about anything, I can jump on a live chat with someone within a matter of minutes and almost always have a solution to my problem. It is very intuitive for the user and administrator.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. The development team is constantly trying to improve and take suggestions to make it better. The support staff is very responsive, and if they don't have a solution to a problem, then they take a note of it, and put it on their roadmap to develop. The software itself is very intuitive, and even people who have never worked in the veterinary industry seem to pick it up very quickly. I have some employees who are not great with technology, and this software is easy for them to use.

Cons

The only thing that ever bothers me, is at the end of the day, the server seems to become less responsive. The loading times are longer. My assumption is that it is the time of day when everyone is trying to run reports, which is a very cumbersome process on the backend of the software. Having reports run in a more timely fashion, and the slowdown at the end of the day are the only downsides I've seen thus far.

EvetPractice

Evetpractice is a good general software system if you are willing to set aside being heard and ignored for things that you suggest to be updated. It works but has much that can be approved upon.

Pros

Its easy ability to quickly learn using the software. It has many features that are essential to veterinary practices. The customer services is generally good. Its nice to be able to access the software with any device that has internet.

Cons

The system and updates seem to have declined since Covetrus purchased it. Update are slow, issues arise alot more then before and customer service has started to decline. Many times we have asked for assistance and the agents have seemed annoyed. Requests for updates that are crucial seem to not be as important as they used to be. Its confusing because the Covetrus also owns several other veterinary software programs that have been around a very long time. Those programs have many of the options that are needed for this software yet they are not available on this system. I think there is much to be desired since the software was sold to larger company that values it customers less.

Hello Katie! Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad that you like your eVetPractice software. I've sent on your concerns about the updates and support. We're focused on continual improvement and always looking for feedback on how we are doing. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach us at US-CGSS_Solutions@Covetrus.com. All the best!

Excellent cloud solution, a good value

EvetPractice has eased my anxiety around daily backups, redundancy and hardware failures. Their update management has never left us without functional software. I have recommended and assisted 3 other hospitals transition to EvetPractice and will continue to do so.

Pros

EvetPractice allowed us to move to a paperless process. Integrations with 3rd party products have eased tasks like reminders and lab result management. Pricing is very straight forward - per doctor fee rather than per user or per client. High uptime availability, monthly updates, great tech support available via the app to all users.

Cons

reporting is only somewhat customizable. Many canned reports are provided, but new reports cannot be created by user

eVet Practice Review

Gets the job done. Easy to teach to new staff members.

Pros

Evet is cloud based which was the most important thing in our decision making. It gives us the ability to check appointments, invoices & reports remotely. We also have the ability to work from home which was extremely important during the peak of COVID.

Cons

If a mistake is made in the inventory modular- wrong vendor or date- I can not correct it & I have to reach out to tech support. Tech support will have an attitude about changing it. So fix it so the admin can ! Meds waiting to be picked up I am unable to leave those invoices open because they close with the record closing. It is an AR nightmare. In order to use the Pet Portal for payment you must use World Pay. World Pay is horrific. There customer service is non existent. They pass you from person to person & no one can resolve your issue.

Great for mobile vets!

Overall Evet is a good product with excellent customer service. Updates can be slow to come but that is understandable at this price point.

Pros

Evet is super easy to use on a daily basis. My favorite thing as a mobile vet is the easy access to google maps for my client's address. I love being able to access medical records on the go, and all my employees have easy access to their work schedules right there on the calender. Its very easy to check people out, change prices, etc. I've used Avimark and Cornerstone, and evet is by far the better product. The help chat feature always has all the answers to our questions in just a few minutes. Really good customer service!!

Cons

Setup took some time. It was also my first time setting up practice software, so I give it the benefit of the doubt on that one. I don't like the constant updates and changing location of buttons for no reason. Don't like the menu list in the gear icon, poor functionality for going deeply into the options.

Could not be more happy or satisfied after my first year with eVetPractice!

Pros

I'm a small animal House Call practice, but we also set up Express Wellness Clinics in the Birmingham, AL area doing low-cost vaccine clinics. In July of 2016, when I started to do my county wide Express Wellness Clinics, I was looking for a good, affordable, reliable, and cloud based software system. All achieved. I had used eVetPractice working with a local shelter the year before. For a single...

Cons

Hello Dr. Walker, Thank you for the wonderful words. Sincerely, eVetPractice Team

eVetPractice

Frustrating. Part of the situation was we did our original migration 6 months prior to going live. We should have done a second migration, which I found out months after going live. We also scheduled onsite training, which they canceled because they overbooked the day and never rescheduled (you honestly don't need it - their online training to utilize the program is good, but it might have helped with our multi-location functionality. Inventory management is not their strong suit.

Pros

Customizable, ease of use. If I were a single location practice, it would be great.

Cons

We are a multi location practice working off a single database. EVetPractice is not friendly to this setup, it takes hours of extra work to keep the multi locations identicle. They have an "Enterprise" function - but then it does not share medical records.

eVetPractice is an economical and useful tool

Pros

Ease of use, easy to upgrade, accessible from multiple sites

Cons

Some of the financial reports are difficult to use. We get conflicting results on our accounts receivable in different reports.

Thank you for the kind words, Dr. Reiter! Check out the September 2019 release, we've made changes to our accounting side. Be sure to let us know what you think!

Best Software I've Used

eVet has really streamlined our wellness plans. We have over 500 pets on wellness plans and have very minimal issues.

Pros

The customer support is amazing! Any time we need help, we can chat with support and they'll walk us through it or jump in and do it for us. This system is extremely user friendly. We offer in house wellness plans that we used to manage at a local bank but switched from Cornerstone to eVet because they have the built in wellness plan function. Everything runs seamlessly! We love the fact that it's a web based program that we can access from anywhere.

Cons

Switching from Cornerstone to eVet was cumbersome but that was at no fault of eVet. They made the transition process as easy as possible and helped us every step of the way. While we do love the fact that it's web based, any time the internet is down, we can't access the system.

Excellent Software with one problem

Overall the experience has been very good with E-Vet. I would like to see the server issue / speed issue be improved. I could deal with slowness every once in a while, but having to contact them constantly about the issue is getting tiresome, especially when we have so little time in the day because of of increased business.

Pros

Software is straight forward and simple to use. The user interface is excellent and the features make it some of the best veterinary software I have used in 20+ years. Customer Support is available to help quickly.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have, which is a significant one, is that the E-Vet servers cause significant speed issues very often, at least a few times a week, sometimes everyday. These issues typically are at their worst right after E-Vet launches a monthly update release. It is something that seems to have become worse since this past November/ December 2020. When this issue occurs the software loads...

eVet Practice

I have been using it for about 7 months and thus far I love it. The staff loves it. We are very happy.

Pros

This software is easy to use and efficient. The company is always working to make things better and seems to come out with new updates frequently. The updates have always been helpful and are usually driven by the companies that use the software.

Cons

There are aspects that could become more efficient but they will get there. The updates the company does is great.

EVet is a Godsend

So happy to have joined the eVet Users team, we're discovering new things everyday to make us more efficient and to provide the best patient care.

Pros

The customization of eVet is what drove me to the product, the price tag sealed the deal. Being able to access the software, anywhere, instead of being chained to our antiquated server is glorious and the support team has been nothing short of gracious and helpful.

Cons

No hot keys or text expander....we miss those things the most. Reporting is cumbersome and awkward.

So happy you're having a great experience with eVetPractice. Thanks for leaving a review!

Falling short

Pros

Integration with our previous software was fairly seamless. The basics of the software are easy to use . Emailing records and downloading documents is a plus. eVet support is amazing - live chat is an excellent feature!

Cons

We received little to no training. Because of this, I'm sure we are not utilizing the software to its fullest potential. 80% of our calls are to schedule or move appts. Moving scheduled appt dates is cumbersome. There should be a feature that allows you to highlight the appt and click move, then find an available time and date and paste the appt. Multi tasking is a must in this industry and eVet makes it difficult to be working on more than one thing at a time, because you can't go back one page w/o being redirected to the calendar home page.

Solid Software

Its easy to go eco friendly and streamlines communication with Clients. Takes a lot of programs and brings them all together

Pros

Transitioning to Evet software was relatively easy! Our team was able to easily and quickly catch on to how it works and the intricacies. Love the ability to add or subtract (activate and deactivate) settings and reports, it is very easy. Our technicians love the online anesthetic monitoring form. Finally all of us love that this system is accessible from anywhere. If our internet goes out, we love having the ability to remotely access the software.

Cons

Integration was not difficult, it was actually the opposite. What is difficult however, is how evet shuts down (slows down to the point of not functioning) during our office hours. When Evet does maintenance we are still open and cannot get our tasks done that need to be. Every Wednesday of every week there is some type of slowing down that happens with Evet. We are open till 8-9pm on Wednesdays and when it get closer to the end of our evening, evet slows to the point of not working anymore. The other con would be the inability to store Clients Credit Card numbers, it is high in demand. Printers and label makers are incompatible with Google Chrome - so we often have troubles.

Love EVet

Love it

Pros

Ease of use, easy to train staff on, accessibility on phone.

Cons

Financial reports need to be more in depth and easier to compare year to year

Extremely busy Veterinary receptionist review.

I feel like I am always learning about the system as I get more comfortable with it. So many different features to it.

Pros

I do like the estimate feature which I use everyday. I really like the download update feature which I use all day long to input prior records . I do like how I can go to every invoice and return a product.

Cons

I don’t like the search option because I know the client is in there but for some reason it does not pull it up. Very frustrating and takes up too much time which I don’t have. The biggest problem is trying to send records to a specialist and the system says the file is too large. That’s ridiculous to deal with. I have to send multiple emails. Boarding needs to be seen on the daily screen so I see boarding reservations as well as appointments on my daily screen and don’t get surprised when boarders show up. And I need to be able to put 2 pets in one run.

Definitely recommend eVetPractice

Overall I am happy with the software & definitely recommend it.

Pros

This software is quite easy to learn. New employees and relief staff are able to jump in quite quickly. Customer support has been good.

Cons

There is more "clicking" than I would like. For example, when I write a SOAP, I don't use the premade sections for the S, the O, the A & the P, I just write the whole SOAP in the S section & add a line of dashes inbetween the sections. Much faster this way. I have mentioned this weakness to eVetPractice several times & they acknowledge it & say they are working on it, but it hasn't been addressed in the 3 years I have been using it.

Excellent cloud-based software!

We were a start-up practice in 2015 and did many trials of various cloud-based softwares. I had previously used Cornerstone and can say I am so happy we picked eVetPractice. It really does everything we need. We just finished our 4th year open and eVet has grown with us and met all our needs.

Pros

I love being able to access our EMRs from anywhere. It allows me to work out of the office. It is also very intuitive to use and has many helpful integrations (QuickBooks, reference labs, etc)

Cons

I have few complaints about the software. It has less report options than other programs I have used like Cornerstone, but the ones available have been all I have needed.

Thank you, Dr. Shumaker! Happy to have you as a Raving Fan!

It's pretty good

Being the first time we're on the internet, it's been a nice change. Would be nice to have a written booklet to reference when trying to do something new.

Pros

Ease of emailing records, looking up information, inventory setup and edit. Nice to be able to scan in documents to medical history.

Cons

Patient alerts and client notes do not appear on medical history. 'Check in' papers don't have enough info, not easy to read. Medical history takes a long time to load when over a certain amount of pages.

Thank you for your review, Nancy! Have you checked out the knowledge base articles? You may find this a great resource to use when referencing something new. We also offer webinars, keep a lookout in your email for the monthly schedule.

eVetpractice.com

Having started with eVet 4 years ago this month, I have appreciated their customer support and the capability for the system to work how we need it to in most situations. Two years ago, I made the mistake of being lured away by another cloud based program, and after a grueling 13 days with that system, and being treated rudely by their staff (and owners), I quickly went back to eVet! Improvements are being made all of the time.

Pros

It is powerful and adaptable to fit your needs.

Cons

Reports are sometimes difficult to navigate, and there are not enough filters to generate reports that are useful. For instance, the on hand inventory alert report does not let you exclude inactive items, which makes the report useless.

Hello Dr. Powel, Thank you for your review! We are so happy that you came back to us!

Winner! Functionality! Ease of Use! Cost!

Can't even brag enough about EVetPractice for running a veterinary practice smoothly. The developers are top notch. Always available and responsive via their help chat box in the lower right corner. They make upgrades easily. The integrations, like VPR Cloud Formulary, Demand Force client communications, laboratory integration, email within the system- just cuts tasks down to a minimum. We use the...

Pros

Functionality, common sense approach, ease of use, employees find easy to train on using, cloud based accessibility, integrations from 3rd parties and of course- price!

Cons

Not two way integrations with all laboratories

Hello Jennifer, Thank you for the kind words! Eddie and eVetPractice Team

Overall a good program for the veterinary business

The program has been working very nicely for us. So far, every one who uses it has had little to no issues with use. Testing in clinic has become easier with the tests being linked and added right into the patients history.

Pros

Ease of use is most important. We need a simple and effective program that we can quickly teach to other employees. Each user has his/her log in information. Inventory is set up nice and is easy to use.

Cons

We have multiple practices and some clients receive two statements when they visit two different offices within the same month. Takes time to check with the other offices to see if they also have a statement for the same client. Frustrating because some clients get very upset with us.

Evet Practice Review

Our overall experience has been positive. It's streamline our practice and made report keeping and ease of medical record sharing much easier.

Pros

We were very impressed with the reporting features, the ease of keeping patient records, and the ease of learning how to use the software. Having gone from no practice software to eVet was seamless.

Cons

It would be nice to have a few extra features added for less clicks between functions, and with the resolution of google cloud print, it has been a struggle to get our network printers working again.

Customization for unique needs

Evetpractice is simple to use and helps keep me organized. It offers the capability of much more involved EMR software at a fraction of the cost.

Pros

We chose evetpractice because we were able to customize and individualize settings to meet the unique needs of our veterinary practice, which provides lifetime care for geriatric elephants.

Cons

I loved evetpractice when it was a very small company. I know that growth is important, and the customer service has remained great, but I miss calling them when they were just a few employees big because everyone knew everyone.

Good for mobile work, veterinary specialist

I'm really happy with the software and wonder how I did my work without it. I am mobile so I like that I can use it most anywhere, as long as I have cell service or wifi. It's easy to use on my laptop or ipad.

Pros

1. Ease of use: I can easily do charts with templates I've put in, run reports I need (I don't use them all), putting in charges/treatments. 2. Pragmatic: Entering new clients, patients, packages is very intuitive and straightforward. 3. I can easily enter information from other veterinary hospitals, radiographs and documents. 4. The referral system set up is super easy to use and generate referral documents.

Cons

1. The jumble of words/sections when I go into the settings is my least favorite thing about eVet. I end up searching for the section I want every time and I don't like the appearance. 2. Customer service was not so good for a month or two, approximately one year ago; I think there were some transitions happening. However since then they have been truly SO helpful, willing to find out an answer for me and help solve a problem. I use the chat quite a bit. I wish there was help available on the weekend or even Saturdays. 3. I disconnected it from Quickbooks Online as my bookkeeper continued to have issues.