eVetPractice Reviews - Page 5

Conversion to eVetPractice

Just wanted to share my experience with converting from a server bases PMS to a cloud based PMS over the past weeks. I decided to go with evetpractice as my initial interaction with the owners (husband wife team) was so awesome. I found them to not only be very nice, but extremely receptive to input for product improvement. I was very skeptical as to how all my data would be converted yet extremely...

Cons

All encompassing vet software.

Overall, experience has been good. Easy to learn but would like customizing to be less time consuming.

Pros

Software is pretty much self-explanatory. Easy to find "how-to" articles on using the software. Quick learning.

Cons

Customizing was quite time consuming even with templates offered.

Pinnacle Equine eVet Review

Overall, I am very pleased with eVet Practice! I feel that it is very user-friendly and your customer service is awesome!

Pros

I enjoy the ease of transferring and/or correcting client records when needed. I also enjoy how easy it is to separate invoices for clients to understand.

Cons

I wish there was a way to make account balances more noticeable to clients. Also, I would prefer for previous payments on invoices to not be included on the receipts. From time to time, I receive complaints from clients that the receipts are hard to read. Lastly, I wish there was a way to make your email notifications more recognizable. The emails we send often get blocked or redirected to client spam folders.

evet

decent

Pros

cloud based software accessible from anywhere

Cons

not as user friendly as led to believe not as responsive to client suggested changes as led to believe

Great Option for SA or Mixed Practices

Great product, in my opinion. I would 100% recommend a demo at least if you are looking for a cloud based veterinary CRM

Pros

I've always used Avimark in SA practice. When I moved to FA practice we started looking for a CRM to fit our needs. Unfortunately, as we are a poultry specific practice, many programs do not meet our specific needs. However, I found the demo to be very intuitive, flexible and there were many features similar to Avimark. Overall, if the software had worked for our practice, we would have signed up in an instance

Cons

I didn't like the demo of the software. You were restricted in that you had to practice within their demo model. Many companies will give you a free trial for a month, allowing you to enter in your own clients, logo, forms, etc. This would have been beneficial if we had in fact gone with this software, as we wouldn't have had to enter in all of our information twice.

Thank you for your kind words, Amanda! I've shared your feedback regarding the demo model to our Product Management and Sales teams. If you ever have any additional feedback you'd like to share, please email us at HSVS.Solutions@HenryScheinVet.com. We wish you all the best finding the right fit for your unique poultry practice!

Bulverde Animal Hospital Review

Easy to start using but awful when you need to use anything beyond the surface level. Customer service used to be great but now it’s terrible and not even worth using because my trained staff know more about the software than they do. The graphics keep changing making the software almost unusable. The changes to the graphics make the product worse and because of all the graphic changes and the poor customer service, changing software has been discussed with my leadership.

Pros

It’s easy to train people to use the software

Cons

Boarding, inventory, and customer service are terrible. The constant changing of the graphics make the product almost unusable.

Good value for smaller practices

This is a good product for the money for a smaller practice. We have outgrown it considerably (do not have days in end to work through data spreadsheets). We are currently looking to switch to A more robust system.

Pros

On the user side this system is pretty easy to use and relatively inexpensive.

Cons

Reporting functionality is terrible. Several of their reports simply don’t work (and they acknowledge this but still have them as an option to select. Once you find the reports that do work, you have to export to multiple excel spreadsheets then use your sort and search functionality to get any usable information. You must be very proficient with Excel to get any good data from this system.

Financial Reports

Don't need "pretty updates", need updates that makes our staff and doctors easier to use.

Pros

Cloud based, but not robust enough for doctors to use on daily basis. Frequent updates are appreciated.

Cons

I do financial reports mostly related to the Sales Report Category. The downloaded Excel file contains formats such as "Fill Color" which are blue and absolutely not necessary. I am not interested in a preety report, I am in interested in a basic informative report on how the hospital is doing. I have to reformat the entire file to Arial, 10 pt with NO color fills. I am interested in Category Revenue...

Did a veterinary hospital even test this first before launching??

E-Vet has the potential to be good but they should have (if they did it doesn't show) had veterinary hospitals test the program. Every person I know who's used it has been unhappy and would rather have Cornerstone or Avimark. It has so much wrong and so many things that should be changed to make working more efficient but it acts as a set back instead. The help desk via chat is sometimes helpful but usually they'll just say "Do you want to be added to our list for when we update/remove that feature" and have not once ever seen an modifications. It's not user friendly and beneficial for veterinary hospitals.

Pros

For the most part e-Vet is easy to use. It's very self explanatory in most aspects and can easily be customized (to an extent) for your practice.

Cons

LOTS of flaws. -You cannot search by phone number, the feature does not work properly -You can quick add a client, but cannot quick add a patient to an existing client -When using the quick add feature, it does NOT flag if a client is already in the system & it will duplicate -You cannot work with more than one tab open or it will cross add/delete the info on the next tab of the patient/client you're...

Thank you for your thorough review. I have shared your concerns with our product management team.

Disappointing, a waste of time, energy and money. Very sad.

I really have no pro's. The "idea" of what this software was going to be, was very far from what it ended up being. I loved the idea of going to the cloud. I loved that we would be able to access both of our locations from off site. There were numerous ideas on paper that seemed like it could be an ideal fit. Unfortunately, the idealistic roll out in my mind was far from the reality. I'm going to...

Pros

Cons

The facts of our run: Our first migration failed after the eVet team believed we wanted our two practices to be merged (however, there is not a mention of the word "merging" in any correspondence). This caused multiple issues both in confusion and legal issues. Although the time invested into that was a waste, and the havoc caused by switching software's back and forth was frustrating for the team...

The Vet Visionaries project was a disaster from the start. The conversion process was written and signed by them to merge both clinics, and only after we finished the conversion the group decided it wasn't what they wanted. So fine, mistakes happen, and we restarted from scratch. Then we finished that process and they decided to pull the plug. The failure of this project was communication breakdown,...

Easy to use Practice Management Software

We love it!

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

The reminder system and reporting systems could use some touch ups

Work in Progress

Appreciate updates that take user feedback into account. Looking forward to the exam form improvements due this fall

Pros

Cloud-based so access from anywhere Ability to control security of who has access Easier functionality compared to Impromed Infinity

Cons

Laborious to enter patient medical information Must download to view/print Unless manually copy/paste - written rx, outside pharmacy rx, specialist reports, Radiographs (dental and body) are single hyperlink on main record view -- this is easily missed when scanning the record for specific information

review

excellent

Pros

user friendly, integration w/ idexx, ease of learning

Cons

nothing really, small issues - would be nice if when you go back to an invoice after going to a different screen the invoice would show what was originally put on it and not go back to a blank invoice

Feedback

I enjoy that I can logon from home. Overall, easy to navigate.

Pros

Easy to do invoicing and soaps. Easy to look at records.

Cons

Customer support could be better. We called when ours wasn't working last week and were told there were no issues. About 15 minutes later, there was a warning message popping up. Also wish reports were easier to navigate.

Great software

Pros

This software is very user friendly. My accountants and myself love that it generates the reports into both excel and pdf.

Cons

The only thing that I can think of is in inventory, procedures etc is I wish that there could be a page selection at the top of the page instead of only at the bottom.

Lots of clicking but easy

Overall we have been happy. It’s a way for us to go about 75 percent paperless. We like the system and how the company values the users input to make changes and upgrades.

Pros

This software has been used at our practice for two years. It’s a huge upgrade from our previous system. It keeps your schedule nice and organized and can be customized. Information is detailed on a pet and subgroups things ie tests, appointments, medications etc.

Cons

Sometimes it’s very slow. Other users complain of the same thing. Also you have to do a lot of mouse clicking to get to different screens. Somethings are not easy (boarding animals can be a pain)

Lots of things still need to be fixed

Pros

Ability to email any possible document that the client would need including medical record and vaccine record. Also the option to be paper light instead of keeping paper medical records.

Cons

In our case we have a second practice that mainly does grooming so the medical settings don't really apply to that practice. Maybe add some grooming settings like grooming notes, regular notes get mixed with medical notes. There's also lots of clicking for certain things, when one click could be enough. I also have to be in control of multiple things because I am unable to give the gear icon access...

Problematic Software

We had expected less problems and headaches with evet than with Avimark, but have been disappointed. There really isn't that much difference.

Pros

It's nice that it can be accessed away from the clinic (cloud based).

Cons

We've been having numerous problems with our printers since installing the evet softeware. There are also a good many glitches and hiccups associated with the program. No program is perfect, but the continuous issues with our Dymo label printer and HP printer is very problematic.

Would like help with pet records often saying "files too large" when we attempt to send them

Pretty good, as customer support has been good :)

Pros

Presentation of daily appt calendar, Ease of switching from one pet to the next , going over to the client page from patient is easy as well.

Cons

Please read this review: How many charts are "too large" to send is a big issue that we frequently run into. Additional complaints: come over lengthy than other vet hosp records, complains from specialists that records are not easy to read through. Billing/invoicing can get a little sticky, I wish this was a bit more smooth for outstanding bills-would need to consult with some additional staff members to figure out better wording for this sorry. Also, it would be really great to have a pop up window for p's meds when an exam form of any kind is opened up- and to be able to edit it!!

Recommending eVetPractice

Overall, I like using eVetPractice. It is an affordable cloud based veterinary software. This software was a big improvement for my practice in 2018. I intend to continue using eVetPractice in my mobile small animal veterinary practice.

Pros

It is affordable as a monthly subscription. The exam forms are very useful.

Cons

Some days the software runs very slowly. As it is cloud based, if I cannot reach the internet from my mobile veterinary practice, I cannot reach the software at all.

eVetPractice Software

Pros

Very easy software to use with a logical progression through features.

Cons

Would like a more customizable invoice design/layout and the ability to customize all aspects of the vaccination certificates. The software currently doesn't allow this.

Great for mobile practice

I am very happy with eVetPractice. I have recommended it to multiple individuals and continue to do so.

Pros

This software is very convenient for mobile practice. No need for a lot of computer equipment. I can operate the system off of my cellphone if I’m in a bind.

Cons

I wish there was an option to use the software without an internet connection. As a mobile veterinarian in a rural community, I still land on farms where cell phone reception is non-existent. If there was a way to enter information then sync with the cloud when cell reception is restored, the software would be perfect.

Thank you for your review, Dr. Higdon! I'm happy to hear eVetPractice is working so well for your large animal practice. We love that you are a Raving Fan! All the best!

Overall happy with Evet

It is easy to use and I am happy with it.

Pros

I like how easy it is to look at a certain medical visit and distinguish it from a different medical visit. It is also very easy to find clients in the system, I like that you can search them multiple different ways. (Phone number, name, email, etc) I like that you can set appointments as certain colors to easily distinguish medical appointments from vaccine appointments.

Cons

There are too many "Quick Links" and I feel as though it clutters up the medical record. I feel like there are some unnecessary updates made to Evet as well.

Not a good fit for mixed or large animal practice, continued soliciation phonecalls and emails.

OnceI was out of the initial purchase and training period everything went downhill quickly. From the first payment I had an issue with using my rewards credit card; specifically an error message that information was missing and transaction had to be reentered. When I called eVetPractice they stated that it was an issue with Intuit, and they could not help me. I chose to do business with eVetPractice,...

Cons

We regret that you did not enjoy the software. The payment situation with Intuit was frustrating. We contacted Intuit¿s IT as we do not have access to their system. We did follow up, but you ended our service shortly after. The system will run on browsers including: IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Recent versions of these browsers should have no problem, but outdated may. Bluefin does reach out...

EVET Practice - great cloud based system with limitations

The overall experience has been great. I believe that EVET is off to a great start but needs some much needed improvements to help make it better.

Pros

Customizability and ease of use. Appointment scheduler is amazing, Packages are nice and easy to set up and being able to give doctors their production percentage on what they actually do has made the packages a great thing. Inventory in the system is amazing!!!!! Reports are good but would like to see them more customizable.

Cons

Takes longer to do medical records because invoicing and medical records are separate. Patients can only be on one wellness plan at a time so for hospitals that use short term medical packages (laser treatments as example), we cannot use the package on most clients and had to find a work around to this which is less than ideal.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We will provide this information to our product team for review.