Evolve Library Logo

Web based library automation system for all sized libraries

Evolve Library Reviews

Suggested alternatives

surpass
resourcemate
mandarin

Knowing that help is just a phone call or email away gives me confidence as we go forward with this adventure.
Occasionally, we've had issues with searching if one letter/number character is missing or out of place.
Integration with digital services such as Overdrive. This could be because I'm unaware of how it can work.).
Sometimes we struggle finding cataloging records for independently published items and occasionally for preorders.

Anthony V.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Evolve at Newbury College

We had been overpaying for OCLC's clunky system that didn't work we;ll for us. Thank goodness we switched to Evolve.

Pros

Great price and value and the software does everything I need it to.

Cons

Haven't encountered a con yet. Everything works great.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Evolve Library is an excellent Integrated Library System

Pros

Although Evolve Library can be installed locally, our community library opted to acquire it through software-as-aservice subscription. We have avoided costs the institution could have incurred in form of huge ICT infrastructure, back-up, security and expertise. Both staff and patrons make use of the same software to meet their specific needs. While the technical service section use acquisition and...

Cons

I have noticed that computer literate patrons find it hard to utilise all the amazing features offered by Evolve Library

KD

Karen D.

Evolve Review

Evolve support is excellent and responsive. They are always willing to customize our system to meet our needs.

Pros

The software is easy to use and suits our needs as a small library.

Cons

Does not have some of the bells and whistles that other systems have. The OPAC could be a bit more modern.

ML

MacKenzie L.

Right from the start

In a world of overpriced Integrated Library Systems, Evolve Library allows small to medium libraries with a cost-effective product, which is integral for many libraries in maintaining their autonomy from consortiums.

Pros

Evolve Library is a reliable service that is easy to use for staff and patrons. On the rare instance when we've needed technical assistance, I've always been impressed with how quickly and attentive the customer service team is to our needs. For a small to medium library system, this ILS offers a valuable, reliable product.

Cons

Integration with digital services such as Overdrive. (This could be because I'm unaware of how it can work.)

Good news, MacKenzie. We do integrate with Overdrive. We will be in touch today to talk you through it.

KS

King S.

Excellent ILS!

Pros

The software itself is easy to use, even for new staff who have never worked with an integrated library system before. Infovision offers excellent customer service for their product and is extremely responsive to customer needs and suggestions. Even though we're a small client, the owner calls me by name every time we run into each other at a conference! Great personalized service compared to some of the larger vendors.

Cons

I can't really think of anything negative. We've looked at other ILS vendors in the past few years just to keep current on what's available, but we stick with Evolve because it best fits our organization's needs.

JE

Julie E.

Great customer service

I enjoy working with the folks at Evolve. I know that if there is an issue the owner of the company is a phone call away and that he will take care of it. I also, like that I don't have to call the owner, because the entire team takes care of any issues or needs before it gets to the top.

Pros

The customer service at Evolve is top-notch. Any report I want, they customize for me. It is also very easy to train staff on how to use it.

Cons

The webopac appears very generic. If we can update the backgrounds, I wish I knew how. Also, because it is a small company sometimes other specialized software doesn't recognize Evolve as a major ILS so they don't write their software to work with it (think wowbrary).

JM

Julie M.

No Looking Back with Evolve / Infovision ILS

Evolve's staff and owners are extremely quick to resolve any issues that we've had in training or reporting, and these have been few and far between. Staff have taken time to address any changes we have requested outside the basic ILS software package, and are quick to write custom reports. Custom reports are not billed additionally, but are included in customer support at this writing.

Pros

The software is incredibly flexible and easy, especially for new personnel. Nice look and clean feel.

Cons

Software requires some re-entry of patron data when switching between screens.

JC

Jessica C.

Libraries, 1-10 employees

Customer Support is Where It's At!

The best part about Evolve is the customer support. They provide individual attention for individual needs, whether its reports, interface features, or operating code. Support is quick to respond via e-mail and phone! They are wonderful to work with!

Pros

The software is easy to learn and easy to customize. The user-friendly interface allows staff and volunteers alike to serve patrons and work on internal processes with efficiency.

TK

Tammy K.

Libraries, self-employed

Ever Evolving Evolve

I have been very pleased with the support InfoVision provides for the Evolve platform. If I ever have any problems, they work in a timely fashion to solve the problems.

Pros

The Catalog Search feature that allows catalogs from various libraries to be pulled in when cataloging books. Plus the option to decide which tags I do not want imported, so I don't have to spend time deleting tags.

Cons

The Authority feature. I still haven't really figured out how to mass correct a Subject tag.

LM

Laura M.

Evolve Review

We have had a very positive experience with Evolve. We have been using them for years and have no complaints.

Pros

It is very straightforward and simple to use. It is fairly intuitive as well. Cataloging works well for our needs. Customer support is awesome, they usually get to it right away and fix whatever is going on.

Cons

The reporting module is a bit complicated. It seems like there are a lot of steps to get to what you need on a report.

SF

Sarah F.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

ILS review

Pros

We have loved working with Evolve. They have customized reports for us and are always open to suggestions. The system is easy to use and we have no problems finding information for annual reports. I like that you are able to talk to everyone from the head of the company to the software engineers.

JC

Jennifer C.

Evolve

Pros

I like Evolve is easy to use. People who are unfamiliar with computers can be trained to use the system. It is easy to run reports. The thing I like best is if you have a problem, the customer care is amazing. They have been able to solve all of my problems or at least tell me what I am doing wrong to adjust.

Cons

The thing I like least is if the internet it down, you can not use it.

NM

Nellie M.

Easy to Use

Again, ease of use is unmatched in my experience. Also, price is more than reasonable. And we always have easy, quick access to help from the company when it has been needed - of course the major positive there being it has been needed very little.

Pros

So easy to use and manipulate, especially for the price.

Cons

I truly have no complaints, any issues are always resolved quickly with frequent and conveniently scheduled updates.

DM

Darlene M.

Evolve Software Exceptional

It has been exceptional software and easy to use!

Pros

The company is outstanding to work with our small, rural library. They provide excellent customer service. We have found that they take time to listen to our suggestions and implement them.

Cons

Nothing as they have done an excellent job in responding to concerns for our library.

KD

Kristen D.

Libraries, 11-50 employees

Great software for our library

Pros

One thing that I appreciate most about this software is its stability. We never worry about whether or not it will work each day. It always works! Also, any time we need help from customer support, they are prompt and easy to work with.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of anything that we do not like.

AD

Adina D.

Libraries, 1-10 employees

I have shopped around and I always come back to Evolve since it is easy to use and extremely dependable.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and if I need a something specific it is easy to submit a request for changes.

Cons

I think the WebOpac could be a bit more user friendly

RK

Rebecca K.

Transition was fairly smooth; training was easily understood; help was readily available.

Albany Community Library, a small, volunteer-operated, donation/grant-supported library, recently converted our circulation/cataloguing software from a system that was obsolete to Evolve from Infovision. This was my third software change as either a school librarian or member of my community library board. This was definitely the smoothest and easiest transition and that is a tribute to the staff...

MM

Merna M.

Good product for small to medium sized library

We have been using Evolve for about 9 months. We downloaded all our records from Library World into Evolve. We have two branches in one program. The best thing about Evolve is the versatility. You have so many options, you simply request how you want it set up and they do it. Circulation is very complete with all the expected functions. Cataloging could be better, it is a little bulky, and takes...

EB

Elaine B.

Customer-oriented ILS

Evolve is a customer-focused, easy-to-use integrated library system. As a small library, we do not have the luxury of a support staff so we opted to have Evolve manage our server. They are always very responsive when problems arise and offer creative solutions. When I asked them to rearrange our reserve print slips to print vertically, they completed the task by the following day. Our library serves an older population that needs a good basic product. Evolve delivers a screen that is easy to read and well laid out. My only complaint has been occasional issues in the way the request system functions, sometimes causing odd results in the queue. Good ILS for a reasonable cost.

PB

Patricia B.

Overall my experience with Evolve has been exceptional.

I have been director of my library for 10 1/2 years having worked with the good people at Evolve the entire time. The customer service is second to none. It is not unusual to call customer service and have a conversation with the president of the company. The product is very easy to use. Training is always offered to help new users become familiar with the product. My library is not a large system with only one building. Evolve takes care of all of our needs. Evolve is continually evolving to meet the ever-changing world of libraries.

MA

Mark A.

Infovision Evolve is a Cut Above the Rest!!!

For over ten years we have enjoyed an exceptionally synergistic relationship with the Infovision staff and love the Evolve ILS. Using the latest technology, Evolve is streamlined and simple to use, providing us with the options we need and desire. The staff are always respectful, prompt in responding to requests, and a joy to work with. As a customer, we have enjoyed being listened to and have appreciated the efforts of the Infovision staff to customize our Evolve installation so that it works for us.

JR

Jimmie R.

Customer Service Excellence

Anytime I call Infovision with a question, I always get to talk to a "live" person, almost immediately and the issue is always addressed and fixed in a timely manner. I certainly don't get the level of customer service that I get with Infovision with most other companies that I deal with.