GenieBelt Reviews

4.23/5 (98 reviews)

Martin Hickey

Get this app and stop wasting your time and money

Reviewed 2016-05-23

I have been using for two years now. Getting up to date and accurate progress reports is key for us to save time on our projects by being proactive. I knew GenieBelt was a real game changer for us as soon as I started. I am really impressed with GenieBelt and would be surprised if it does not reduce expenses. The platform is about being flexible to change, share information, and adjust your plans according to the other stakeholders. It shows everyone's responsibilities, across the design team and the subcontractors and we are currently about 70 different operatives working on site that uses GenieBelt. - The ideal is that everyone does their own reporting, but as it is custom when implementing new systems, there have been a bit of resistance to change, where we had some mixed experience in getting all the contractors to do their reporting. But most people carry a smartphone these days, so it's possible, In general, the workers really like GenieBelt. We have worked about 130 years in the construction business, and we use some subcontractors more often than others. The ones we work with the most also use GenieBelt more, since they know we prefer to use it. - The main problem about delays is when people don't know where they are in a process. For example, a team may arrive on Monday and expect to be finished with a task Friday ' but gets delayed a day. This scenario tends to actually cost more than a day, since everyone else have to adjust their plans to it. And if a team finishes early and nobody knows about it, you cannot gain economically from it. Finishing quicker always makes money and that is how GenieBelt helps us.

Syed Jahangir Zafar

I am using this app since 2016. its amazing for us.

Reviewed 2018-07-05

No documentation work is required after completion of project. This app automatically makes a complete documentation work for your project,real time pics uploading. budget monitoring. task management and specially one thing that make this software is you can run it without internet on field.

Traficanto Ryan

A Review of GenieBelt.

Reviewed 2018-09-10

GenieBelt is ideal for CM and basic scheduling pertaining to an array of different project uses. Overall we enjoy the idea that it helps to connect our users' home office to our main work sites and shared sites, making it easy to locate blueprint and plans and PDF files. It is also useful in our team based progress reporting goals. We like that GenieBelt enables our employees working remotely, to function on close levels with corporate help. As far as construction management software, it is top notch. Multiple dashboard features and a cloud based storage platform make for a sleek and efficient module. We also appreciate the mobile reporting aspects and picture uploading tools.

Timothy Cocaro

Amazing project management tool for builders on the go

Reviewed 2016-01-28
Review Source: Software Advice

The staff at Geniebelt has worked closely with our team to ensure we are well trained and we get the most out of the application. The product itself is the first of its kind that lets our ground teams work closely with the office, updating status, planning and issues. It has saved our company thousands and is well worth trying if you want to improve your current processes particularly when it comes to an easy to implement, follow and update PM system.

Vladi Nedelev

School usage

Reviewed 2016-12-15

I really enjoy using it. It helped our group work to be way more organized and clear. The best thing is that is accessible from everywhere on every single minute.Accesible in different devices and OS

Ryan Morgan

Fantastic collaboration hub software

Reviewed 2016-03-11

AreaSq whom is part of The Fourfront Group runs about 100 projects a year. We had previously used Woobius until the website closed down and have been searching for a good replacement. There are a lot of Collaboration hub websites out there but we felt that they were either very complex (and expensive) and required a lot of training or you ended with a Dropbox style that used file space on your PC's drive. It was quite a relief to find GenieBelt which in my opinion is a vastly improved upgraded version of Woobius with so much more. The programme has a very easy means of issuing drawings & sharing documents, and the audit tracking is brilliant. We haven't fully explored the tasks side of the programme yet, but can see its benefits. The Geniebelt app is great for when you are onsite and urgently need to see the latest drawings. The customer service has been very good and practically instant when you have an issue. The team have also been listening to our ideas and are quite happy to accommodate our needs. Overall I am very happy with Geniebelt

Vladislav Nedelec

I just love it <3

Reviewed 2016-11-02

We used it in school and make our projects way more organised and easier for control! It helped us to know how the things are supposed to be done and what to expect in the future on our technical development.That it is online and there is an app

Patrick Fitzsimons

Very useful project management software with great support.

Reviewed 2016-07-01

Have started using GenieBelt recently. Early days but already using it on two projects with more to come. Very good for communicating and keeping audit trails for tasks, keeping record of documents and access to latest drawings.The ease of use. The support is excellent and it seems as if the team are keen to bring on new features but only when they are as intuitive to use as the current features. We found this to be in contrast to other Project Management software that try to do all and become impossible to use.

Jakob Hansen

A positive all round experience

Reviewed 2016-05-17

Simple, easy to use and has the required elements to use in the construction business. Provides a good interface for planning and executing a project, and if trust is established in the group, Geniebelt is a fantastic tool to maintain flow and focus. It's lightweight and versatile, and the learning curve is acceptable, especially on the mobile apps. The plans are easy to read and scales well. What you see is also what you get, there are no hidden limitations, and a superuser is not a requirement. Anybody with experience in building can use this and save time, even if its just for a simple visualization of a plan, file-sharing or monitoring progress. I've been using Geniebelt for 2 years and it's the best all round program, if not the only one, for the building process including contractors and building owners.

Somar Hassan

Great innovative app

Reviewed 2016-12-15

My bachelor thesis was on smartdevice apps for the construction industry. In my research I found Geniebelt to be one of the most valuable apps on the market. It offers great capabilities for construction managers such as scheduling, state reporting, communication, drawings and file management. All offered in a very user-friendly framework. This app is ideal for managers to plan and get an overview of the ongoing activities on one or more sites, including quick communication and problem solving in collaboration with partners and contractors. I definitely recommend construction managers to try the app out.It is user-friendly and has a wide range of capabilities. Good for planning, progress overview and communication.

David Alward

Great Format

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-01-05

I used my trial subscription for a Project that we eventually did not get to do. However, I was evaluating several different PM software programs and Genie Belt was at the top of my list. I really like the format and the drill down feature.We are in the structured cabling industry so we work on many construction sites. I am impressed with the feature set but was not able to use it like I would have liked. The one thing I would have liked is some more templates. I am a PMP and therefore am partial to the PMI standards. So a PMI standard basic template set would be nice. I know we could use the document management but I like the integrated templates that some offer. I also very much like the Android App. I think the app had more features than other apps. I also like the access to the documents and the Task tracking of problems. I am looking forward to our next opportunity to use this service. The Mobile App and the features. I also like the drill down feature. The Dashboard is set up nice and the quick access to the budget is great.

Lina Berg

Excellent tool for collaboration, easy to use

Reviewed 2016-05-01

Pros: Simple and attractive interface, easy to use, there is smart phone app, relatively cheep, all online, saves time and gives good and quick overview of the projects. All main functions are working excellent and only couple of functions, which we are missing, are coming soon, as the developing team is working on it. We are especially looking forward for budgetting functionality.

Nis Boile Christensen

Project planning and management on the go.

Reviewed 2016-05-20

I've now used GenieBelt on several BIM-measurement projects - starting from September 2015, and it as been a good tool. Mainly due to the fact, that the measurement staff can update their individual tasks every day, on site, through the web browser. Also, when doing BIM-measurement projects in bigger laboratory buildings, it is evident, that I as a project manager knows exactly how far we are, so that the down time of laboratories is as minimal as possible. So by having my Time schedules updated directly to my phone has been a big plus!

Nigel Ward

GenieBelt Project Management

Reviewed 2016-11-02

I used this with my client, consultants and the builder to manage the running of the project. All parties found GenieBelt very useful for sharing project document and reviewing timescales and project milestones to ensure the development ran on time and to budget. I can highly recommend GenieBelt.We used the free version and was more than adequate for a small project

james pacifici

Fantastic programming software

Reviewed 2016-04-28

Great cohesion between site and project managers Instance access to the latest drawings Smartphone app and weekly task sheets makes it easy for all levels of trade 100% recommend

Diogo Magalhães

What a Fantastic Tool!

Reviewed 2016-03-14

Geniebelt is giving us a great help to control our projects. Besides some workers that forgot to feed it, it gave us the possibility of a real-time follow up about what is happening at the field. The Geniebelt team is always there to help at any question we have, and are always improoving the Tool. They are always open to listen any suggestion and make the improvements. Highly recommended.

bruno Coppein

Review of genie

Reviewed 2016-11-02

After trying genie belt for a while i found myself needing it more each day as it facilitate my work loadsEverything

Stephanie Aycock

Easy Tool for BIG projects

Reviewed 2017-01-04

This is an easy tool that makes planning projects with multiple users fast and easy. Projects often include individuals in other cities, states, and even other countries. Having the ability for everyone to log into a project and post updates makes these projects so much easier and more efficient. Ease of use

Joserra Borbolla

Very good!

Reviewed 2017-01-06

It's really good. In my opinion it added a bit more work to viewing attachments and a status of approvalIt's easy to use and functional

Luiz Gestal

Great tool an amazing customer support!

Reviewed 2016-11-02

Awesome tool for anybody who wants on task and in control of their projects. User friendly interface and very easy to use. But their customer support is hands down the best I've ever seen!How easy is to use and how easy is to get in touch with customer support.

Jose Funes

Excelent Company

Reviewed 2016-11-02

excellent company, I have 8 years buying with you and to date I have not had any problems. Congratulation . I congratulate you for the attention they have for the consumer and for being an innovative company. as a company with the best deals. I searched everything I have found with you. I have never been wrong.

Katrina Oldham

I love it!!!!!

Reviewed 2016-10-05

It is very easy to use. This is just what the construction world needed. The cost of this software is worth every penny and the mobile app works great. It is very easy to give estimates and calculate my mayerials and there cost.

Thang Dang

Really usefull to manage projects

Reviewed 2016-12-09

Only a word "Great!". I have introduced your software to my friends and the feedback that "this app really good and simple for engineers using to manage a project. Like it! But will be better if the price a bit cheaper.

Naja Algreen

I really loved it!

Reviewed 2016-10-13

I can highly recommend GenieBelt to small companies that need project management. They provide many different and nice opportunities for their customers.

Martin Panchev

Best Time Managing

Reviewed 2016-12-15

I have not met an easier and better platform than GenieBelt! When it comes to making a choice I would definitely use GenieBelt!