All categories

Fully Featured Cloud Veterinary Practice Management Software

visit website

Hippo Manager Reviews

Leigh C.

We have had good experience...we were not previously computerized and this was a pretty good intro. We don't use all the features available but hope to someday.

Christy N.

Overall the experience with the software itself is great my staff love it and its easy to use. Helped so much with cutting paper down.

Shaylin M.

Cons

Unfortunately since the calendar integration issue was not able to be corrected, we were forced to abandon the program.

Rhonda w.

It is extremely buggy, frequently creating fake charts at the start of the day. Making appointments for multiple patients takes so long.

Katie W.

It seems to be completely incapable of keeping track of how much tax my practice has collected.

Leigh C.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Hippo Manager is worth every cent!

I am very satisfied and recommend it to anyone that is looking for software!

Pros

I just love this software. I went from Impromed Infinity to Hippo after a full system crash. This system is like night and day to Impromed. It is so easy to set up and use. The customer service is also great! They cater to their clients and want our fred back since we are the ones using it in day-to-day operations.

Cons

I think the thing I like the least is that there are no alerts that pop up automatically and you can not all alerts to the client unless you add to each pet under their account.

Stephanie, Thank you for your review of Hippo Manager Cloud PiMS! We are so pleased that you find our software reliable and our service meets/exceeds your expectations. We DO value your feedback. We strive to build a future-proof product that is ready to empower veterinary professionals to thrive. We're ready to incorporate most-requested feedback from our partner practices and build into more features and more functionality. We have an average 99.997% up-time and our clients love that stability and dependability. I'll have our team reach out regarding that alerts so we can be sure we've got what you're looking for, or, log it as a feature request for near-future development. Thank you for being a member of the Hippo Herd!

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Hippo Manager Rocks!

Overall, I am very pleased with it's reliability and the timely improvements that have been made to increase efficiency of the system.

Pros

I like that the company has a sense of humor, but they also listen and take suggestions seriously. The customer support team is friendly and sincere.

Cons

Some parts are confusing and some areas require too many "clicks" to get task performed. Customer support, online manual and help page all aid in getting questions answered.

Hi Dr. Barling, Thanks for providing a review of Hippo Manager. We appreciate you being a member of the Hippo Herd! We do take practice partner requests seriously and our support and training teams are always there to help with any question. We make sure we log feature requests and as part of our constant improvements to our app, we work in practice requests as soon as possible! Are you saying you like our Hippo jokes? Glad you enjoy our sense of humor! We love what we do, so we infuse a lot of light-hearted elements into our approach and our practice management software. :) Looking forward to delivering more growth and improvements your way as we met the demands of veterinary professionals such as yourself and the ever-changing veterinary industry.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Easy to use and freedom to access outside the clinic is great. The follow up and reminders need to be improved to be useful and functional. It would be nice to also have the ability to have people have credits on their account display as well.

Pros

I like that we can access the program outside the clinic. The program is pretty easy to navigate.

Cons

The follow up and reminder system is not good. It would be better if we could customize follow up dates and have these alert on a list each day to ones due. Email reminders would be great if we could in each patient individual send an email.

Hi Justine, Thanks for your comments and feedback using Hippo Manager as your cloud veterinary practice management system. Easy to navigate, use and simple to learn is what we aim to achieve with our approach and we're glad Hippo is helping you provide patient care from anywhere. Native email reminders in Hippo Manager are free and unlimited, we do understand that they don't always fit what...

Hippo Manager is Excellent

Overall Hippo manager has been a huge part of getting my small and lean practice start up off the ground and running. Having a quality medical records system for a low price helped to get our practice up and going. Working remotely was a huge plus with having small children at home.

Pros

I love the intuitiveness of hippo manager use--staff quickly catch on to the software even if they are unfamiliar with it. A plus is being able to upload and store and view DICOM images in the medical records. For quality of the software at the price point offered cannot be beat. Also, customer service is responsive to needs and makes customization when requested. Love working from home too!

Cons

Sometimes the plus icons are a little small if working on a small touch screen such as a tablet.

Dr. Baum, Thank you for your review of Hippo Manager. We're so thrilled to hear that it's helping you get home faster and work remotely when you can, versus being stuck in the office. Our team is super response and we're glad you've experienced that first hand. We are always working to improve features and functionality and take the feedback from our practice partners, seriously. Our built-in DICOM viewer with unlimited storage is so popular, we love to see that you're taking advantage of that and delivering excellent patient care with the help of Hippo Manager. Thank you for being a valued part of the Hippo Herd!

Overall recommend

I liked the amount of training available for us. The support team is always available, and really easy work with.

Pros

Loved the ease of use, scheduling, and billing flow through. I found the inventory management intuitive, and the point of sale options were flexible for staff and for clients. Easy to navigate, and very easy to train people who are not tech-saavy by nature. We had full user uptake, which gave us much more efficiency in all of our client interactions.

Cons

The veterinary practice is located in Canada, while the software is American. Tax reporting functionalities were not designed to support Canada's tax and accounting needs, so we did have difficulty in getting some of the tax information initially. As well, the Accounts Receivable could be improved by allowing a user to see the AR for a date in the past.

Hippo review WAH

This software is good for all of the basics for veterinary medicine but seems to have a lot of fine tuning to do.

Pros

The software is quite easy to use and figuring out how to do things on it is pretty easy. Also, mistakes seem pretty easy to correct. It is very convenient that it is accessible from anywhere. I like that you can personalize the patient screen.

Cons

The reminders system creates a lot of extra work for staff. It would be nice to have reminders generate emails to send to owners and if due for more than one vaccine or labwork etc would be nice if sent only 1 email to owner instead of 5 separate emails. The estimate feature needs to be improved- it shows an open invoice whenever estimate is made and saved which is confusing. Also, it makes it difficult...

• Likelihood to recommend0.00/10

Tracking taxes needs to be fixed before you consider this software

Until it gets its ability to track taxes fixed, this software is going to set you up for trouble with the CRA. I have 2 taxes, RST (provincial sales tax) and GST. The report that keeps track of how much of each we have collected has broken 3 times in the 8 months we have been using the software. Currently it is listing the 2 taxes separate on the invoices, as it should, but it is lumping the total of both taxes together when I run the end-of-day reports. I am going to have to go through and print off every single invoice from the past month and enter it into Excel. If you want to use it for billing, this software is a liability until this issue is fixed.

Pros

Medical records are straight-forward. To-do-list allows me to find all the medical records I need to finish from the day, which is great for me. Ability to store documents (labwork, previous files) and radiographs is nice.

Cons

Hi Leigh, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback about Hippo Manager. Regarding the tax area, taxes are accurately tracked in the Balance Sheet and with an update dated this week, we will have released a NEW tax breakdown report for practices using multiple tax types. This will remove any confusion for practices who have the tax breakdown in the Balance Sheet but would like to see a more detailed report. This is a great example of how we take feedback very seriously. We're agile enough to be able to tackle suggestions on an ongoing and priority basis. Thank you for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd! We enjoy working with your team.

• Likelihood to recommend1.00/10

Built for the back end not the front end of veterinary

Executive has been great to deal with. Very helpful

Pros

The charting/treatment aspect of the software is really good. It’s very intuitive and well thought out. The billing aspect of the program is ok.

Cons

The software is patient based, not client based. In veterinary it’s not the patient that books appointments, pays the bills or confirms appointments, it’s the client. The process to find the client info within the patient info is a process, as is adding new patients to said client. Communicating with the client with anything other than a phone call is frustrating. “Reminders” can be somewhat helpful...

Paige, Thank you for leaving feedback regarding our cloud veterinary software. We aim to make the usability and experience for every user, simplified and straightforward and we're sorry we've missed the mark with meeting your expectations. We will have a training team member reach out to you regarding client and patient info to be sure you've got access to best practices and customization options within Hippo. We look forward to continuing to work with you and the team at Case Veterinary. We've also logged your requests for feature enhancements and since we're an agile cloud-based solution we can take partner practice seriously and work it into a priority timeline for a future update. Thanks for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd.

Stepping out

Pros

This is an awesome ground floor vet software, and they work hard to update it to what is needed constantly. The price e is PERFECT, and the Cloud capability makes them even better!

Cons

Some of the needed updates are frustrating to work around, such as nesting items within 1 charge, refilling scripts and signing charts easily, but we know they will eventually be available!

We're so glad that you've acquired Hippo Manager as a software solutions provider that has a competitive price point, is simple to use and increases efficiencies, at your practice. We DO work very hard at constantly upgrading and updating our software to exceed industry standards and our veterinary practice partners expectations. Some of the small frustrations you've listed will actually be updated and refreshed very soon in mid-late 2018! We're looking forward to sharing our continued improvements with you and appreciate your partnership, business, and time it took to provide feedback.

USER FRIENDLY

As a new business this software was great! I loved how integration was built in, that made start up a whole lot less complex.

Pros

I found Hippo software to be very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

The feature that I would like to be added is a button to print out client lists with all their data. This would be useful when organizing group emails or analyzing data points for sales/use.

Thank you for the review! We are very happy to have you as a part of the Hippo Herd. Our support team will reach out to walk you through how to use and print some key reports that you may find useful, or provide you with a custom report. We are glad you find it easy to use!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

I am very happy with hippo!!!

I have been very pleased with Hippo for record keeping. It is so easy to use and I have very rapid access to my patients' records. I really appreciate that they are constantly working to update and improve Hippo. Also, I met the Customer Support at the CVC - great to meet the people who have helped me initially, CSR routinely for technical questions. I also really appreciate that Hippo seems...

Pros

Overall, myself, my receptionist and assistant/technicians are very pleased with using Hippo. We use it all day most days and having document storage capacity and accessibility is key!! It just seems very easy to navigate and access easily from multiple locations. The customer support has been amazing!! There are a few changes that I think would be helpful and the capability to set up certain types of reminders and service codes that would be really useable for us, which I will include below.

Cons

I am so happy with it overall, that is hard to say but the things I would like to see change, are the number of decimal points/zeros on an invoice after each item. See example below. Seen By: Serena Turner Chart Note: Phone 2019-09-11 08:55:00 Patient Item Qty. Total Gypsy Cefpodoxime 200 mg tablets 20.00000 $47.00 Phone Consultation 1.00000 $20.00 Euthanasia Housecall Large Patient 1.00000 $200.00 Paw...

Dr. Turner, Thank you for your feedback and review of Hippo Manager. We are dedicated to providing a future-proof veterinary practice management software that remains ready to deliver on the needs of our partner practices and the emerging trends of a highly evolving industry. We focus on our mission of empowering veterinary professionals to thrive by, delivering excellent customer service and making improvements as well as adding new features, a regular part of our day to day operations. Our customer success team is made up of a lot of individuals ready to assist practices in getting the most out of Hippo Manager! Thanks for being a member of the Hippo Herd!

Hippo review

Pros

It is pretty easy to invoice patients and tech support has been helpful

Cons

We have glitches sometimes with link with credit card processing.

Hi, Dr. Nicely, We're so happy to be your chosen software as you moved into a computerized veterinary practice and cloud software. Hippo Manager is robust and full of features that are ready to grow with practices of every size! When you're ready to take advantage of all that Hippo Manager has to offer, all users receive 100% free and unlimited customer service and training so veterinary professionals...

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Medical records software for acupuncture/chiropractic practice

Pros

I like being able to set up Hippo manager to meet my practice needs. I can customize templates that are specific to my type of practice.

Cons

There is a patient portal for clients to access, but the veterinarian does not have control of what goes into that portal unless you leave items unsigned. The portal also does not have a separate medications tab for clients so they have to search through every visit note to find what their RX is. The software does not automatically notify clients if there has been an update in their portal so they know to look at it. Hippo manager is accessible on mobile devices, but is not very usable at least on an iPhone. Can access charts, but scrolling through to read them is very difficult. I use the iPhone the most to upload photos and videos.

Dr. Marziani, Your feedback regarding our built-in patient portal is appreciated. We take partner practice feedback seriously and make improvements based on this feedback as soon and as often as we can. Additional functions that further improve the usability of the patient portal is a part of our continuous development cycle and your suggestions have been added! Hippo can be used on any mobile...

Overall Fantastic Program

Everyone in the Clinic is able to access the software program and put in their notes without us having to purchase multiple licenses. We only have one Veterinarian, but with our former software program, we had to purchase a license for each computer it was used on.

Pros

Accessibility - I love that people can access it from their phone, tablet, home, etc. Customer Support - The fact that we do not have to pay extra for customer support is a huge plus. In addition, Customer Support is knowledgeable and prompt. Details - The Veterinarian's can put more details in their SOAPs than what they could with our former program.

Cons

Having to learn new ways to do what we did in our former software. I have found that in Hippo we are able to do everything we did in our former software, it is just done a little differently.

Hi Elaine, We're so glad you've made the switch to Hippo Manager. Our support team is poised to help practices such as yours, make the switch and shorten the learning curve. Learning a different way to do the same things is challenging when switching any software, not just veterinary PiMS. That's why we offer support and training on an unlimited basis as everyone has different learning needs. We think that complicating pricing or linking pricing to licenses and then additional charges are not ideal for busy veterinary clinics. That's why we only charge per vet per month and never any upcharges or surprise billing for accessing your secure account on any device from anywhere. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd!

Overall good quality

Pros

Ability to quickly scan each entry for the one you want. Patient page gives excellent Quick overview of the record, although recent update resulted in poor scaling that previously existed so you have to scroll both left-right and up-down to see all widgets. Not just focused on receipts and finances. The medical record component is robust.

Cons

1) Bugs are slow to be addressed and resolved. ( Can’t enter multiple vaccines without saving and then reloading the patient page for instance. Still waiting months for fix) 2) Customization of certain fields (diagnoses lists, relationship field) not possible. 3) Vaccine history list printout unwieldy. 4) Entering dates from the calendar function requires multiple clicks if it is a historical date.

Dr. Sandler, Thank you for your review of our veterinary software. We work to make sure that our total practice management solution includes robust features such as EMRs, inventory, checkout and more, as you mentioned. If you are adding multiple widgets to the patient screen to customize your view of the patient data you wish to see, you will have to scroll in order to see all the widgets you...

We like it

I have enjoyed using Hippo and plan to continue using it.

Pros

This has been the most user friendly software I have found for veterinary use. All my receptionist take to it right away. Even those that say they can't work computers can use this program with no difficulty. The customer service is great. They have responded to all my questions and if I need something customized they are willing to try it. I love that I can reach help through email when I need it and I dont have to spend hours on the phone.

Cons

There are lots of report options and they are constantly updating them. Customizable reports would be the only thing I would like so I can search for clients from specific town or with specific breeds.

Hi Jenifer, Thanks for your feedback! Smile abound over here when we saw that both you and your team are finding it so user friendly. Our customer service team aspires to meet your every expectation and we're proud you're seeing that. Thank you for your suggestions. We take feedback very seriously and because we are an agile company that is built for the future, we can often work in client requests that meet the needs of the larger veterinary community. Thank you for being a valued member of the Hippo Herd!

Hippo Practice Management Software a good deal

This is my first experience with digital medical records and I have been overall very pleased. Hippo includes a lot of functionality on top of DMR, including tracking inventory, invoicing, and scheduling. Any moments of frustration I've had are compensated by excellent, prompt customer service/tech support. I think the dollar value for this product is excellent.

Pros

Hippo is a robust product with excellent customer service and support. It can take a while to figure out the details of how to use the program efficiently, but customer support is always extremely responsive and helpful. I have found the software to be better and better the more I use it. Being cloud-based has been a very useful feature.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to know if the current patient is active or if the screen needs to be refreshed to display current info. The learning curve is a bit steep as a new user, but once one gets the handle of Hippo's system of "templates" then usage is very efficient.

Hello Dr. Mertens, We really appreciate your detailed notes and feedback regarding your use of Hippo Manager. We're so happy that you've used our five-star rated customer service and support to overcome and obstacles that you've encountered. Using templates and item kits and avoid missed charges. We know that once the chart templates/travel sheet templates are created at a practice, revenue increases as missed charges are almost all but gone! We're proud to offer robust features that are continually upgraded and added to. We're so glad you're part of our continued growth and look forward to always providing you the tools to complete excellent patient care alongside practice profits.

basic veterinary software

As mentioned, I have duplicate files, records under an owner that are not their animals Because of this I do not yet have a reminder system which I would very much like to have. There was a learning curve, but it did not take too long before I was comfortable with most of the system. One of my employees is good with computers and she has helped a lot and fixed many of my errors without much difficulty

Pros

this is a low cost, relatively easy to use software compared to larger, more expensive veterinary software I looked at. there have been many improvements and expansions since I started using it in the spring of 2016. My practice is small and this worked well for me by being easy to use.

Cons

I had difficulty adding new clients to the software, and as a result have many duplications. Also had trouble with individual records for 1 owner with multiple animals. Some of that is my computer inexperience

Hi Dr. Otto! So great to hear we've been the best solution for your mobile practice. We HAVE done so much since 2016 and just you wait - so much MORE is to come :) We're constantly updating, adding features and more functionality. We will have our team reach out to you regarding the duplicate clients, we will make sure we help you get it sorted out. It's an easy fix with instructions that your staff can complete, but our team is here to help! Thank you for your review and for being a wonderful practice partner!

What I think about HIPPO Mgr

The support group is very responsive and try to get back to you ASAP. Overall they have solved our issues. They have been providing updates to the program on a regular basis so it's exciting to see the new developments and our suggestions come to fruition.

Pros

The layout and customizability of the access to the program. The Dr really likes the charting/medical notes area.

Cons

Financial access - definitions of the reports available. Also being able to pull info from the database ie Being able to pullup certain species due for a certain procedure along with the client information to create specific call/reminder lists.

Andrea, Thank you for your nice comments on our layou, customization, medical records and support responsiveness :) We will share your kind words with our team. I checked with our team, and I have great news: we do have the ability to run a report that will help you with your reminders list in the breakdown that you mentioned. I will send an email to you and support so they can get you set up on that. For the financial access, we have some great options in our online learning management system that may be helpful. Ashley from our training department will be in touch to send you those options. We appreciate you taking the time to share your input, and thanks for being a part of the Hippo Herd! -Sarah

Hippo Software

overall the experience with the software itself is great my staff love it and its easy to use. helped so much with cutting paper down. i do wish the support was better especially for how much you pay.

Pros

I like that is very appealing to eyes, i like the icons for all the different options, very easy to train staff on, i like that they give you online video tutorials to learn how to use the software.

Cons

Wish there was a bit more customization of forms and medical charts. I find the hippo software tech support never gets back to me when i email them, I wish the software was linked to like abaxis blood machines and idexx xrays so all the medical records are online and im not having to go between softwares

Shaylin, So glad Hippo has helped you go paper-lite at your clinic! So much is built so that practices can see patients from anywhere and take care of business, including payment, without the need for paper! Idexx is integrated into Hippo Manager, we will have a support team member reach out to you to get that set up for you asap! Abaxis is not far down the line as our integrations are growing...

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great startup practice mgmt program

As a from the ground up practice with minimal capital this is a very budget friendly option

Pros

Ease of customization, low price and ease of use

Cons

No local download option and minimal lab integration

Dr. Caccavone, Thank you for your feedback. We love that you're customizing Hippo Manager to suit your needs and that you've found it to deliver on your needs as your grow your practice. The great news is, Hippo Manager is future-proof. When you're ready to grow your business, you have access to all the built-in features and functionality you'll want to use down the road, with no penalties on...

Review for HIPPO

Good one.

Pros

Easy to navigate once you are familiar with it.

Cons

Need integration with appointment reminder like texting features. Email does not work, since may of us do not look at the email for a couple of days. These days with curbside assisting, the staff does not have the time to call the night before to confirm appointments. Would like to have added when entering new patient information a place to add weight and temperature. This will make it easier, since we do not use it a lot on doctors notes.

Marlene, We appreciate your review and for the feedback about appointment reminders. We have a new, expanded in-app email feature rolling out this week, and we just launched a robust, two way integration with ALLYDVM that addresses many of the client communication needs you mentioned. Our team will send you a link for more information on both this week. I will also share your note about weight and temperature with out team- you may find our upcoming whiteboard expansion release offers you an alternative way to do this very quickly. Glad to hear you are finding it easy to navigate! We are happy you are a part of the hippo herd.

Cloud Based Record System Still Growing

Satisfied given shared clients between two locations.

Pros

The ability to use on any device with internet access.

Cons

Some of the redundant features and lack of intuitive shortcuts.

Hi Brian, Thanks for your review! We appreciate you letting us know how you're using Hippo Manager and how others would benefit from our full service cloud veterinary PiMS. Working on any iPad, tablet or mobile device with an internet connection is so convenient for our veterinary friends not just for patient care but for better work-life balance. Take a look at customizing your quick-links so that you can get to what you do faster and the layout is customized to suit your intuitive needs. :) Thanks for being a part of the Hippo Herd!

The best choice for us

Now I can check reports, enter medical records, view charts, everything from anywhere as long as I have an internet connection.

Pros

It’s great for mobile practices and exam room checkouts. It’s customizable, easy to use, and cost effective. Customer service has been excellent. And the training videos and live (online) training have been very helpful. Their support center is responsive and open to ideas.

Cons

My previous medical record database had a glitch and couldn’t transfer to Hippo. That’s not Hippo’s fault.

Hi Kristi, We really appreciate your feedback on our cloud-based practice management software! So many features are customizable to suit individual practice needs so we're glad to hear you've put that to good use to increase efficiency at Graceful Departure. We offer unlimited training and support with access to hundreds of hours of online remote learning opportunities. We take partner practice feedback seriously, we address concerns immediately as well as add client suggestions to our update list as often as we can! We are able to evolve because we are agile and can move with industry and client expectations quickly. Thank you for being a valued part of that life-cycle. We love having you as a member of the Hippo Herd.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Easy to use and great cust service

Hippo is easy to navigate and the customer service is super helpful if there is a problem

Pros

It is easy to use and very user friendly. Makes finding records super easy

Cons

Sometimes user error can create issues if a wrong button is pushed. You can’t have a chart note open in more than 1 location or not all data will be saved.

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for your feedback on Hippo Manager! We love that you're enjoying our five-star customer support team and that we've delivered on our promise of easy to use and simple to learn veterinary software. Charts in Hippo Manager autosave, however, it is definitely the best data entry practices to have only one user in a file at a time. Having multiple users in a file encourages...