Jonas Enterprise Reviews - Page 3

Challenging

Overall, the system once you know how to do the functions is fairly easy to use. If you don't know the system, the information is difficult to find, however, the customer support team is very helpful and timely to help.

Pros

There are many things you can do to track costs in this program. It is fairly easy to use once you know how to use it.

Cons

You can't leave very long descriptions, the help documents aren't very helpful to find how to do a specific function, you can't adjust things easily (you might need to do a couple things to fix one thing)

Happy User

We've using Jonas for about 5 years. Implementation of the system was relatively easy with the consultant. He was available to us whenever we needed him and the conversion from Aacpac was pretty smooth with all the files being converted to CSV files and imported. Having a dedicated support person for the first six months was a great help. We called her constantly for small issues and always got...

Cons

Worst job cost software that I have ever used

Pros

There is nothing about this software that I like.

Cons

Every module has issues and it is obvious that it was not written by an accountant

Well worth the investment.

Pros

A progressive company that melds the accounting systems with the ease of use for those whose primary job is in the filed.

Cons

old program functions that haven't been fully removed. This may be because there are still some customers using them, unfortunately it become clutter.

Country club must have

Easy point of sales system to use. Best experience so far in my career.

Pros

Jonas is pretty easy to navigate and customize. Changing buttons and prices are easy to do. Training others to use the system was easy.

Cons

Glitches would happen often. When there was a change in the system there should be a tutorial for staff.

Very User Friendly Navigation!

Pros

The system is super easy to understand and use, it is able to keep good track of all data flows and entries, a very good combination of accounting software and project management

Cons

A bit pricy Price is definitely in the higher range of the market, but worth it. Convinced my director to utilize in a very hard way.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are proud to be a member of the Jonas family. We are now entering our seventh year with this solution, and I'm happy to say we appreciate the support and professionalism we receive from Jonas Software representatives. They have a very quick response time on any queries and/or concerns that users may have, and will go the distance to ensure that we understand all aspects and functions of the software system. Time is no concern for them - they are patient and respectable. Jonas is very user-friendly, from the software system itself to the representatives who cater to your every need. Their software is up-to-date with the business challenges we face every day. Jonas Software offers the security, reliability, and ensured accuracy that you want for your data. Thumbs up!

Cons

Jonas is helping bring us into the world of 21st century construction.

Pros

Fully integrated software that brings all of our accounting, payroll, and field mobility needs together under one umbrella.

Cons

As with any software, setup, training, and getting to know the in's and out's has been time consuming and, at times, daunting. However, the promise of greater control of our productivity makes the investment of time and resources worth it.

Learning to use Jonas has been smooth and pain free. Exiting what you can do with the program

Technicians in the field have good comments so far.

Pros

Ease of use and it's functionality. Opening WO's and issuing PO's is as simple as any program I have been involved with

Cons

As a remote user, it is often slow but that could be our system. I am still learning the reporting functions but they seem ok.

Horrible

Pros

The one thing I do like is that you can customize reports. This is probably the only good thing about this software.

Cons

Everything else about this software is bad. The customer service us horrible, the accounting system has glitches all the time, Information is hard to find in all of the menus they list. These menus are ones that were customized for other companies but show up on your menus. There are some items within the menus that cannot be accessed because they are old yet they do not remove them. Trying to pay out retention is a nightmare. Do not make any mistakes or have to change anything in parables because anything you do will print on the suppliers remittance slip. Lets not even go into customer service what a joke this company is horrific.

Warehouse manager

Pros

It's easy to get a hold of the customer service people to help figure out how to use this software.

Cons

The inventory management side of Jonas is not good. I've been with my current company for about four months and still can't use the min/max part of this software because of the multiple warehouses we need as a company. The simple way of entering a min max does not work for my main warehouse. To go to a different screen in Jonas is tedious. It should be a simple couple digit key strokes. Also, having multiple warehouses that are treated as a stock warehouse is not good. As a person that deals with outside customers, it's ridiculous not to be able to see what is in my pickable warehouse at the first glance. The cost of an item isn't connected to the PO. To add a cost in the PO and then have to change it in the parts master is ridiculous; it should update automatically.

Dated but Functional

At the end of the day this software does what it needs to do. From an administration perspective it can be difficult to manage.

Pros

Jonas software is reliable and gets the job done. The functions of the software meets the business need.

Cons

This software tends to be rather finnicky to get running in any environment. Frequent issues are often frustrating to resolve with support. Their reps tend to be hit and miss I've dealt with very helpful and completely useless support agents when reaching out for help.

Jonas Review

Pros

The ease of use compared to the previous system that we were using. this also includes the reports and views that we get Our trainer rocked. the VP's that I have dealt with and a few of the help desk staff - they are very patient

Cons

there are too many ways to do things (not necessarily a bad thing except when learning it), I am pretty sure the developers have never used the system as some things are a bit weird. lack of listening skills

Functional, Versatile, Robust Software

Pros

Jonas has given our company the ability to have an integrated software solution with the flexibility to accommodate internal processes yet allowing for many different customer requests.

Cons

There are very few, if any, negative comments I can make about Jonas. At this moment, I cannot think of one.

Great integrated program

Pros

Schedule dispatching is a fantastic function and the integration of accounting and time tracking is top notch

Cons

We have a lot of custom home projects with heavy client involvement. The interface on the client side is not as great. Windows based origins made it difficult for some of our workstations

Jonas Construction Software

Pros

Ease of use; whether your company is large or small, to me, it is a great program.

Cons

The one thing I think that they could consider is the amount of audit trails. Sometimes, printing them is not necessary, and there should be an option to print or not to print; just a thought.

Over promised and Under delivered

Pros

The features look great on paper. It would be awesome if it did everything that it's supposed to instead of being functional in theory.

Cons

The implementation team did not do what they should and we were told that multiple features didn't exist despite the fact that they were shown in the demo or promised by the sales team. Workarounds for everything.

Hello, I am so sorry for the problems that you are experiencing. At Jonas, we really value our clients and we want to help make the experience better for you. Since you didn't provide your name or company name we don't know the best way to get in touch with you to resolve the issues. Please feel free to email me directly at yana.tcharnaia@jonassoftware.com or call me at 1(888)789-9073 ex. 2255 so I can make sure that you are an Enterprise client and if you are, I will work with you to resolve the problems you are dealing with. With Much Appreciation, Yana Tcharnaia Sales Director, Jonas Software (US)1-888-789-9073 x2255 (CDN)1-800-352-6647 x2255 (Cell)1(416)902-7737

This reviewer only left a rating

Jonas Software's strengths include a low learning curve and a system that's easy to use. Reports are easy to write, and allow management team members to have at their fingertips the tools they need to make decisions. Fully integrated capability gives the entire team up-to-date information at any time it's needed. The system's weaknesses include slow run time for reports, and no job cost scheduling. Furthermore, we have to contact customer service several times before we receive help with our issues.

Does the job

Pros

The Jonas team has great customer support. They are very responsive.

Cons

It's not really user friendly and difficult to navigate some of the menus.

Jonas Construction Software

Pros

I like the ease of report creation, the ease of limiting user access, and the short response time after logging a case. There are also multiple defaults to facilitate data entry.

Cons

The initial setup of the system can be involved, but the vendor is most helpful.

highly recommended!

We have been using JONAS for our complete payroll, accounting, and job costing needs since 2006. We have grown considerably (number of companies and sales volume) since then, and it's comforting to know that JONAS has been growing along with us. They continue to add useful features and streamline processes. The customer service is very helpful, timely, and professional. I am proud to say we will continue to use JONAS for many years to come!

Great Software with Great Customer Service

We have been using Jonas Construction for 5+ years. It is capable of handing all of our Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Payroll, Job Costing and more. The support team at Jonas is always fast to help us work through any issues that arise. The software is constantly being updated and improved. Between the Weekly Tips and Tricks emails, the webinars and the yearly conference, Jonas always makes training a priority.

Poor User Interface

Pros

Jonas is a very powerful program. It is able to perform all accounting functions you would want it to and is very customization to your needs.

Cons

The biggest draw back of Jonas is the user interface. It is very difficult to find certain reports. The software needs to become more intuitive to allow people who are not using it on a daily basis to understand where to go for information.

Too many steps to get results

Pros

I like that I can change and add parts/labor after the job has been billed. Also, I like that I can change the work order number on the PO without having to move around parts. I love that I can change the bill very easily and that the same site can have different bill to's on the same account.

Cons

There are too many steps to get out an invoice. It is very hard to look up an invoice number. Inputting the tech's time takes too long, and taking out parts/time requires too many steps.

Jonas Construction Review

Jonas has been a great tool to help me and my co-workers manage their day to day work duties. There are still aspects of our modules that we have to explore to make full use of the Jonas system. It is nice to know that we have a complete software package that each person in my organization can use which allows everybody ease of communication and access to information.