All categories

Katana

Smart and Visual Manufacturing & Inventory Software for SMBs

visit website

Katana Reviews

Overall great experience with Katana - Available features still need some work but great app overall

Supper easy Material and Production planning for our workshop

Pros

Very User-friendly and great customer support. The team are clearly hungry to add features and are always willing to listen to user feedback. Gives great Manufacturing planning at a fraction of the cost and complexity of large ERP's

Cons

Feature list still needs maturing - especially ability to draw reports, and interface the system with real-world workflows (Example - Ability to export lists, or print MO's)

Thanks for sharing your experience with Katana!

Katana does the job

With Katana, I could implement all our very special "recipes" we use to create our products as well as easily manage our inventory of raw materials as well as finished goods. The integration is seamless with Shopify, which is what we needed. Very good product!!

Pros

All the features I need to manage our manufacturing and inventory for our Shopify stores is in this app ! Easy to use.

Cons

It is a bit slow at times and the creation of product recipes is a lengthy process.

Thank you for the feedback!

Simple inventory solution with BOM

Pros

A simple solution for tracking ingredients and manufacturing operations tied to work orders and final products.

Cons

Covers most the basics but missing some nice to have features like custom metadata/fields for orders and the ability to bulk modify delivery date. I also would like simple ways to adjust work orders and inventory for scrap or loss during production. Seems there are workarounds for these though.

THank you for sharing your feedback!

Katana Mrp is an excellent platform for managing our company warehouse.

Thanks to Katana I can always manage the materials and products of my warehouse in the best way and keep the purchases and sales under control.

Pros

It is easy to learn and to use and in case of need the support is always ready to solve any problem. Absolutely recommended.

Cons

It is a young project and therefore some features are to be implemented, but there are no shortcomings that make the platform unusable.

Thank you for taking the journey to grow together! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Recomended for made to order businesses

Pros

Most useful feature for me is to be able to import orders from multiple sources, like Shopify stores. Easily manage all my orders on one place. Also Katana has easy onboarding, just start using it.

Cons

It seems to me that Katana does not meet the price level at the moment, but it is constantly being supplemented and improved. New features are added regularly. Definitely soon it will become the best software in its niche.

Almost everything we need in one app

Satisfied.

Pros

Batch tracking was something we needed and always faced issues with. It is now solved using this software.

Cons

To raise a PO to purchase certain materials from suppliers, it would be good if a list of all the items supplied by the selected supplier can appear on the screen to select from rather than remembering which supplier each ingredients come from.

Katana helped me to move my team from using Excel-based planning to a web-based platform. It is easy to use and was easily adopted by my team. Team Katana has been helpful in proving some work-around for some features not available in Katana.

Pros

Katana is an easy to use platform that suits most of my needs for planning and scheduling.

Cons

Allow partial delivery for a Sales Order

Thank you for the review and we will work on developing the software in the suggested direction!

Every small manufacturer should give it a try!

Katana brought the long-awaited structure to my small manufacturing business. I have not missed a delivery deadline since!

Pros

The features that I really like about KATANA: -A good inventory control -Visual production schedule -Automated re-order points -Great customer support

Cons

I can't say that there were any big cons for me. ;)

Happy to read that you have gained so much from using Katana! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Simple, Straightforward Manufacturing Integration

Pros

Fast, powerful, easy to learn, with a clean and consistent connection to QuickBooks Online. Great user interface and robust support materials.

Cons

It can be a bit pricey, starting at about $100 for the first user, but it’s been worth it. I’d like to see native, integrated barcoding support.

Thank you for the feedback! We're working to develop the software in the suggested way.

Katana for small specialised manufacturer

We are happy to use Katana. It makes our life easier, and it will be even easier to catch up with our growth plan.

Pros

We were long searching for inventory and production tool to move away from excel sheets and paper. When set up, it helps to track everything in real time, which helps to make faster decisions.

Cons

It takes quite an effort to set-up. The hardest part is not to set-up but to think through thoroughly all the system, naming materials and products, grouping them smartly so it would be set-up conveniently and it would be easy to manage as well as team members would be able to quickly learn and use the system instantly.

Thank you! We are glad to hear your business is succeeding with Katana.

Excellent

Pros

Katana is a game changer for small manufacturers that must track batch id's and other inputs. Really wish we had this when we started our business.

Cons

Batch tracking for ingredients will be a huge improvement. Apparently it's coming Q1 2021, so that will be nice.

Thank you for the positive feedback! Batch tracking is indeed in the works and will be available soon.

Great piece of software, perfect for small-medium size businesses actually producing stuff

lot of time saved, and organizational headaches removed

Pros

The team provides awesome support, listens to feedback and act on it fast + the interface is clean and easy to use

Cons

Some features are still missing but are due to be released in the coming weeks. But even as it is right now it's already above other offerings.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and journey with Katana!

Great product

Pros

How easy it is to track the ingredients needed for your products. It gives you a very clear picture of where are you at with your production.

Cons

It's still relatively young product and there are few features missing here and there. However the Katana team seems to be very responsive and constantly improving the product.

Thank you for the support!

Incredible MRP System!

Pros

I absolutely love Katana and the integrations it have. It allows data to pass through seamlessly and allows my production team close and ship orders directly.

Cons

Not many Cons to Katana, I feel like they may be missing a few small features but I have spoken to them and they have said they are in the works!

Thank you for the kind feedback!

From the Kitchen to the Warehouse

Pros

Katana has been instrumental in scaling our skincare brand from small batches in the kitchen to larger scale operations and inventory tracking in our warehouse.

Cons

A drawback is the inability to track shipping supplies, leaving those to be manually tracked for replenishment.

Excellent Inventory Software

Pros

We manufacture beverages and need to keep track of every component. Katana is very streamlined and easy to use compared to some of the other programs we've tried. Plan to continue growing with them eery step of the way.

Cons

Nothing to complain about at this time..

Wish we had discovered Katana sooner!

Great for stock and inventory management, we are not running out of things now that everything is logged into Katana.

Pros

It has helped our business dramatically with speed and efficiency, increasing workflow.

Cons

That you have to pay extra to add more users.

Sara, thank you for the great feedback!

Great Tool to Help Growth Progress

Pros

Katana has proved a very useful tool for our mid sized business. We have been able to track inventory more efficiently and link our shopify orders. Since we both manufacture products and buy products, this was a great place that we could track both in. By linking the orders, it automatically depletes stock as well so seamlessly.

Cons

Initially setting it up was a bit hard at times (as expected) since we were trying to quickly connect all of our channels and we accidentally zeroed out inventory or duplicated inventory more than once. However, once we got it going, it proved very useful.

Great Materials Management Tool

Pros

Lots of inventory apps out there but none are as solid on the materials management side as Katana. Its definitely added value from day one with materials management, out of stocks, and building flexible bill of materials. I can see my costs with real time averages and finally take tangible benefit on my balance sheet for finding cost efficiencies month over month.

Cons

It struggles to integrate with Shopify as efficiently as we need and the features tend to be a bit oversold by the team. We've found gaps in functionality each month that we've had to build process around.

Thank you for the feedback and support!

helps you keep your business ahead of the game

It has taken burden away for me that i didn't even realize i had. My confidence in succeeding is high instead of low

Pros

I am shocked at how easy this software was to setup and use, It has been a blessing for taking care of inventory which i was my biggest headache.

Cons

I'm a little slow with technology, so it took me a little longer than most to get the hang of despite it's ease of use.

Thank you a lot and glad to see you have benefitted from our easy onboarding!

Really useful for manufacturers

Pros

Extremely useful for those with raw materials -> manufacturing -> finished goods -> COGS This process can be very tedious and Katana has saved days of work each month.

Cons

Having a dashboard for analytics might help

Our Katana Experience

Pros

the Ease of use, cost calculation is very helpful, the ease of editing of the existing orders

Cons

if you add a financial module to the software it will a complete solution for manufacturers

Thank you for your feedback!

Small business production

Very helpful customer service. Could use more features, which I'm told are in development.

Pros

Helps organise inventory, BOM and production.

Cons

Don't not have enough integration options.

Thank you for the support!

Fantasic

excellent

Pros

easy to use sync great with all my apps very helpful customer support

Cons

price increase some minor issues with woocommerce

Thank you for the fantastic feedback!

Great Software

Katana is great for us to determine our true cost of goods sold as well as keeping our inventory super easy to manage. Having an easy way to maintain our inventory really simplifies our required reporting as well. Katana is just great software that simplifies our business.

Pros

Katana provided all the functionality that we were unable to get from Quickbooks while still providing a reliable integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

We're just starting our journey - so far Katana has everything we need!

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.