All categories

Mobile & cloud kennel management & online booking software

visit website

Kennel Booker Reviews

Pros

With his help, it's perfect for our business and it's extremely easy to use which is great as we need something quick and reliable.

Rebekah T.

Shana M.

What I love most though, is the wonderful customer service. My business is a little unique in some areas and the support staff was on the ball helping to tweak the software to match our needs.

Heather M.

Shana M.

Inability to copy and paste regular and repeating reservations.

Pierre D.

4.8

Easy to use, but very powerful.

It makes running my cattery so much easier. I can't say there's anything that I don't like about KennelBooker. There have been a couple of things where I've thought "This could be better", and I've emailed the rep and he's fixed it the very next day!

Pros

KennelBooker includes everything I've needed to get my Cattery admin running smoothly - customer and pet records, booking schedule, at-a-glance views of which rooms are in use at any one time... On top of that, it has an excellent, yet simple, online booking tool for customers to use. It's mobile friendly too, so I can easily check the schedule and confirm online bookings when I'm out and about. I've...

Kennel Booker Review

Great!

Pros

It is easy to use and easy for clients to understand.

Cons

Would like it if a booking reminder could be sent via email - I don’t want to establish a text relationship with my clients and that is currently the only option. Since confirmations show my email I don’t understand why that isn’t an option. I would also like it if there was a way for my clients to see their booking - perhaps by setting up a kennel booker account?

Hi Kristen, Thanks for the review, There is a online booking portal that you can add to your website, once set up your customers can log into their accounts, view and edit their data as well as their pets information. They can also add bookings request, sign digital booking waivers, upload pictures of their pets and upload scans of vaccination documents. You can find all of the settings to...

Good support to change the program for your needs

Pros

Good support group to work with to get the software set up the way you operate your business

Cons

Basic reporting is good, but in depth data hard to get. Not good for accrual based accounting.

Hi - thanks for the review and feedback, We do allow kennels to export their booking data into excel of more in depth analysis. Also we can add custom reports into the software if there is a specific way you wish to view your booking data. We are working on integrations for both Quickbooks and Xero accountancy software packages - which are better suited to handling the complexities of actual based accounting. Thanks Stephen

Easy to use all around

Kennel Booker makes doing business easy.

Pros

We were growing faster than I could keep track of all my pet vaccines and client information. Kennel Booker was a perfect solution for us. Now it is easy to keep track of all our pet and client information and Kennel Booker alerts me when vaccines are out of date. One less thing to look up when booking return clients. I can schedule for my specific site, runs, and services, sending tailored confirmation emails for all. The support we got when setting up for our site was wonderful. They were super attentive and helpful, walking us through each question we had, even adding new features that addressed specific things we wanted!

Cons

The only thing I wish I could do on Kennel Booker is to sort my financial/payment information by payment date, rather than just by booking/stay date. Lots of our clients split payments between drop-off and pick-up. When they are in the same month, its not a big deal, but when it crosses two months, my financial data is off.

Purrfect for cat hotels!

We noticed that a cat hotel in Southern California was using KB. After having had many demos from competitors that did not impress me because their solutions offered way too much for what we needed, even as we expand, we selected Kennel Booker. We made the absolute right decision. Despite being voluminous information on virtually everything on KB, I tend to take the lazy route sometimes and inquite via Chat. Stephen is highly responsive, informtive, and gracious never missing a beat. He has accommodated suggestions we've had on improving the customer experience which speaks volumes about Kennel Booker's desire to help its customers succeed.

Pros

Very user-friendly, intuitive system. I really like that KB is designed for maximum efficiency while not compromising efficacy. I also really like that I'm not paying 3x as much to use a program that I'm using only 30% of features / functionality - which is a waste. I am used to working with CRM software that has so many features and functionality that go unused. However, what I like the most is that we receive excellent customer service from Kennel Booker. That really makes all the difference in any industry, particularly for small business owners.

Cons

The only downside for us is that we cannot accept Discover payments for customers here in the US. This may be a Stripe issue not a KB issue as I know KB accepts Discover in other countries and Stripe has that option so it may just be that we are in the US. So far none of our customers have complained so not at all fatal. We just have not been able to figure out the problem.

Very user friendly

Definitely minimizes the clerical work. It does take time to getting it customized to fit our needs.

Pros

It can be customized to suit your needs. It’s seems very basic at first but can be built the way you want it. Customer service is pretty helpful too

Cons

Invoices, etc can’t be sent digitally. Downloading the PDF to send to clients is time consuming and wastes space

Hi Stacy, Thanks for the review! We added a new feature a couple of months back to allow you to create and send an invoice directly from KennelBooker - I've added a link below to our knowledge base article on the feature. http://help.kennelbooker.com/invoicing-and-payments/send-an-invoice-to-a-customer Stephen

A must for dog park owner

It is a great program and has definitely made keeping track of customers much easier.

Pros

Organization of each customer. Picture of pet and vaccinations all available

Cons

The post cards with pics aren't easy to attach and send. I would like to be able to take a pic from my phone and insert with a note and send to customer. Would also like Kennel cards to have larger pics

Hi Allyson, If you log into KennelBooker from your smartphone, you can attach images straight from your camera, we also let you customise the text of the postcard template to save you a bit of time when writing notes to customers especially when on a phone. For the Kennel Cards we do have a number of templates that you can use and there is one which displays a larger image of the pet! You can find the templates here https://www.kennelbooker.com/kennels/sitesettings_boarding.aspx#runcards Thanks Stephen

Kennel Booker Review

I've been a Kennel Booker user for about a year now and I've seen how much more user friendly it has become. Any time I had a question or needed a feature added, the team was always so helpful and responded very quickly.

Pros

I love how I can customize nearly everything to fit my business and any feature that I may need, the team helps create it for me!

Cons

Right now, the struggle I'm having is creating daycare package bookings. Because I have my daycare clients pay during the booking process, I have it set so they are not able to book packages themselves. I have to create them in order to apply credit. I have to keep the packages set as unavailable so they don't see it as an option and turn it on when I'm ready to book. Unfortunately, this last time someone requested it, the package option wasn't available to me so I had to charge the package amount for a regular daycare booking and will have to remember to zero out the remaining days as they get booked.

Very Simple Software For Kennel Owners

If you aren't extremely tech savvy, or simply looking for a very easy way to manage your kennel business- Kennel Booker really can't be beat. It's extremely intuitive and takes only a few minutes to really figure out all of the features. If you're looking for software with a lot of extra features, there are better options out there.

Pros

Out of all of the kennel boarding software that I have used, Kennel Booker is by far one of the simplest interfaces. It's very easy to navigate and has a very simple layout that makes booking, tracking, and managing appointments very easy. If you have a kennel that provides other services (daycare, training, etc) you can also manage all of those aspects in the same place- and can even view all appointments varying different services on the same page- which is very nice if you have only one or two employees managing all aspects of your work.

Cons

I have switched to other boarding software that had a few more features. This software is definitely a "no frills" approach to dog boarding organization- but there are other options out there that have a much more in depth interface. I prefer softwares with more features that really allow me to manage every single little aspect of my business in one place.

The best pet biz program!

I honestly have no complaints. Love this program and the people involved in putting it together and servicing our needs.

Pros

The customer service is above and beyond! They always respond to my emails right away. We are cats only and I do wish we could customize a little more but they have been amazingly helpful in customizing as much as they could. We used other programs and Kb’s ease of use is sueruoir to what I’ve used and seen. Love this program!

Cons

I do wish there was more detailed customization to my particular kennel.

Kennel Booker

Decent option compared to others out there. I would love to see it integrate with practice management software. More custom options.

Pros

Easy to use. Good features like being able to email your clients confirmations for bookings and send postcards of their pets to them during their stay. Nice summary view to get a quick overall picture.

Cons

I wish you could customize the care card layout better - it prints awkwardly and causes us to have to flip pages too often. Also the medication layout needs some work.

You cant find better than Kennel Booker

Excellent and we have trialled a lot of packages. We are in Australia and the software is very configurable. Very good customer service and rapid fix if anything found out of ordinary.

Pros

Excellent online software and compatible with all devices that we have. Makes taking bookings without hardly any interaction from us. Integrated payments with stripe work excellent.

Cons

Very hard to fault. Looking forward to Quickbooks integration to keep accountant happy.

Thanks for the review Greg, Quickbooks and Xero integrations are on the way! Stephen

Brilliant!

The first thing that comes to mind is how amazing the representative was, his customer service skills are exceptional. Any questions I have are answered very quickly despite the time zones and he is willing to help us accomplish what we need to for our business. I have yet to find someone as willing and patient. I also really really like Kennelbooker itself. I tried a few different sites but as...

Pros

Easy to use, it looks professional, lots of customizable features.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that I have a problem with as you can customize so much to suit your needs.

Great easy to use software

Pros

Best customer service by a far if we’ve ever had an issue or needed something to work differently the staff gets on it instantly

Cons

I truly can not think of any issues with the software

LOVE KB - Excellent program and has everything I need to run my business

I must of looked at 10 plus kennel programs before choosing Kennel Booker. I am so glad I did choose KB. Very easy to use and train staff on. Stephen is very good to work with, always happy to hear your ideas and take them on board and add it the program. Online payment system talks perfectly to the customers booking. I am also looking forward to new features what will be added in 2017. 110% makes my life easier!

Pros

easy to use, Stephen is great to deal with

Cons

there are little things here and there but it is nothing major.

Best kennel software out there

Pros

- if they don't have an application you need there willing to figure out how to add it for you -super easy to learn -all of our records are now in one place

Cons

I really wish it could integrate with a processor other than stripe, maybe square other than that it is great

This program has been great for my business! Cost effective and works great.

Pros

I like a few things most about this software. First is the fact that it has helped me to organize my boarding business and stay on top of bookings. Second the very reasonable price compared to other programs.

Kennel Booker review

makes scheduling easy

Pros

Ease of sorting and managing appointments. Ease of financial detail review.

Cons

Inability to copy and paste regular and repeating reservations

Love the Product

We love the product. It is easy to startup and maintain.

Pros

Kennel Booker is easy to use. My staff have been able to learn and utilize the product with out difficulty.

Cons

I would like to see a module for sanctuary dogs, where we would be able to store intake and immunization records.

Hi Connie, Thanks for the review and the feedback! Can you email me at stephen@kennelbooker.com to explain a little bit more about your requirements for sanctuary dogs and we will see what we can do! Thanks Stephen

Great product easy handling

very helpful in making adjustments to our needs. great and easy to handle by all in our company. great advantage for being a cloud based product.

Pros

Easy to handle and cloud based

Cons

nothing

Small kennel with big software

Pros

Online booking for clients, auto email confirmation and postcard.

Cons

Our kennel is small we just have boarding and daycare...I would like to have the complete software with the accounting.

I wish I found this program years ago!!

This is an incredible program with amazing customer support!! I'm still working on using all of the options properly but with the great support I think I'll figure it out before long. Its much easier than any others I have tried. One huge bonus is it auto updates to my google calendar on my phone! no more missed appointments! My customers love it and think its really easy because all they need to know is their email and no need to remember a password. If you are looking for a booking software stop looking now and use this!

Pros

Prompt customer support, ease of use and flexibility.

Cons

Needs a mobile interface for customer and kennel owner.

Easy to use and packed full of features to make your life easier.

Pros

After doing lots research I settled on using Kennel Booker for our Cattery and have now been using it for 2 months. I can honestly say that I couldnt be more pleased with my choice. There have been a couple of occasions when I have needed the software to be tweaked to suit my needs and just a quick email and he made the changes I need.

Cons

I would like to be able to pick holes in this software but am having trouble thinking of anything. Again, anything that isnt as I need it, I just let to know and will amend the software.

Skip the rest, this program is the best hands down.

I tried several highly rated programs before luckily finding kennelbooker.com. It's the easiest, most efficient program out there. The customer service is superb and they immediately met all my needs tailoring the program to what I needed. And it's half the price of the other less efiecient programs. Plus there was no set up fee. Why? Because it was so easy to learn I don't need any help setting it up. Do yourself a favor and skip all the rest. This program is hands down the best out there!

Pros

It's so easy to use. The customer service is prompt and is able to tailor the program to your companies needs.

Cons

Hmmm honestly I have no complaints.

Excellent customer support

Pros

Ease to use, and customer support. good tuturials

Cons

Some functions not needed for NZ market and aren't able to be taken off