Kennel Booker Logo

Kennel Booker Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend9.14/10

See full reviews by rating

Good features like being able to email your clients confirmations for bookings and send postcards of their pets to them during their stay. Nice summary view to get a quick overall picture.
Very good as any suggestions are considered by rep immediately. Great you have a person who understands the business very well.
Email confirmations and cancelations. Its hard to tell if the reason is being sent to the client.
Unfortunately no app, but all web based. Who knows in future updates.

Kennel Booker users...

Gingr-logocaret
listing-logo

Gingr

Revelation Pets-logocaret
listing-logo

Revelation Pets

How would you rate Kennel Booker?

Easy to use, but very powerful.

It makes running my cattery so much easier. I can't say there's anything that I don't like about KennelBooker. There have been a couple of things where I've thought "This could be better", and I've emailed the rep and he's fixed it the very next day!

Pros

KennelBooker includes everything I've needed to get my Cattery admin running smoothly - customer and pet records, booking schedule, at-a-glance views of which rooms are in use at any one time... On top of that, it has an excellent, yet simple, online booking tool for customers to use. It's mobile friendly too, so I can easily check the schedule and confirm online bookings when I'm out and about. I've...

Big fan of KB

We've had an overall great experience.

Pros

Easy of contacting customer service, for my entire team. I needed software that the team members could troubleshoot so it made my life easier. We like almost everything about Kennel Booker and the things we would change are pretty minimal.

Cons

I listed most of them on the previous screen. I didn't list one thing that would help tremendously and is probably one of the most stressful parts of my life during Dec/Jan. The subscriptions and the services are very difficult to update pricing for. The subscriptions are tied to Stripe, so I am sure there's not much that can be done about that. I noticed when we updated prices that we had to manually change them in each portal location for each scheduled service.

Lovely and confusing

Purpose wise, our needs are met. But It would be awesowe to be able to decide what yoy would like on the "first page" så the features we use more often could be easy access...

Pros

I like the fact that you are aloud to klick on different parts in the program and still manage to get to were you want. there is not just an ONLY WAY of access, but several.

Cons

The fact that we still have't figured out how two customers that booket the same dates of stay - and get different quantity of days/nights. One had 7 nights and the other one 8 nights... How come? :) And some functions is hidden in text that work like links but with no appearence of that function...

Good program

it has been an ok program to work with. good for the industry

Pros

good at keeping client information, and online bookings

Cons

the individual pages get bogged down, when you use the activity portal, we had to create our own airtable to record activity, since we have dogs that stay with us long team. Also, when a client has multiple dogs boarding, it will not separate them out on the boarding calendar, so if the client has 5 dogs, it will show all 5 dogs in 5 different slots on the calendar (this sucks). would love for the activities to have a portal on the daily overview page, so that you could from there input items, but that will only be helpful if you can keep the individual dog pages from bogging down.

Best Bang for your Buck

Pros

Great customer service -[SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team are very responsive and take customer feedback into account when making updates! The cost is fantastic, and a lot of features are customizable in the settings, from what individual pet spaces are called (runs, rooms, kennels, etc.) to what invoices and run cards look like. The built in email capabilities are awesome - that alone has saved us so much time.

Cons

The overall interface can be a little clunky from time to time, and periodically there are system glitches. They’re always solved quickly, but are frustrating nonetheless. Looking at the calendar from one month to the next isn’t possible without changing pages, which makes viewing reservations over those periods a little more challenging.

Kennel Booker - Excellent for Daycares & Boarders

Kennel Booker keeps our business flowing and we can see ahead and optimize our bookings

Pros

Ease of use, good support, you can see quickly the coming weeks business

Cons

Subscriptions model only available for daycare. We would like see subscriptions extend to dog walking, grooming and any other services offered

Dog Daycare

Puts the customer in charge but allows the business to control the extent

Pros

Easy to use, once set up this software is a dream. Customers have the ability to book in which makes the business run so much more efficiently. With the exception of the con below generally very happy

Cons

One issue really .... Example Tuesday evening, you have set out customer name boards for all the dogs who are booked in for Wednesday say 45 dogs You arrive Wed morning and you now have 55 dogs now booked in.....there is no way on KB to see who the extra 10 are !!!!

Excellent Software

Kennel Booker has been a great experience. When I couldn't figure out how to do something they were very responsive to my questions. They always get back to me quickly and help me solve my questions. I find this program easy to use and set up. Kennel Booker regularly makes updates and improvements to the software. They are always listening to us that use it daily when we run into things or request new improvements.

Pros

This software is easy to use and provides everything I need to effectively run my boarding kennel. This product provides a full service from scheduling to maintaining clients’ accounts to sales of products and services. It has an easy to use setup for online registration and booking for clients. This software is customizable to suite your needs. The software developer is very open to helping develop specific items you may need to make your business work. This software also intrigants with several online payment systems and with QuickBooks. It's a great product.

Cons

Although, they are very good at helping provide customizable integrations there are a few things that I wish it had. I wish there were a few more financial reports available. There is a nice timecard option I wish that intergrated with Quickbooks payroll. I wish there were a bit more things that could be customized by me such as automatic emails or messages to clients. Few more customizable settings for online registration and bookings would be nice. They have a help section but it could be a bit more complete. There has been a few things I looked for that wasn't addressed.

The silent king of kennel software

Phenomenal. I spent a lot of time playing with it before I signed up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] spent a lot of time answering my a million questions and still, when I forget something or don’t know where to find it, they’re always so helpful. You basically can adapt almost every aspect to cater to your needs. I couldn’t be more pleased.

Pros

Hands down, the ability to customize almost every aspect to fit your needs is by for the most important feature this software offers. Most all issues I encounter are resolved usually within the hour if not less. The programmers really listen to the needs of their clients and they take suggestions and often implement them. I can’t imagine using any other software.

Cons

The inability to send customers our waivers to sign via email without them having to log into their account and/or request a service. Who knows, they may have fixed this but last I asked they hadn’t. This is important for my older clientele who are not really keen on the use of technology. I generally have to spend more time walking them through the steps when I could easily fill out all the info and just send their waiver to review and sign in an email.

KennelBooker was the best thing I did starting up

I love it. I looked at other booking software and this is the best for the value by far.

Pros

It is so easy to use, track vaccinations, organize bookings and see my daily to do

Cons

I would love an app I can send my clients. I would also like to be able to put private clients notes (like if we have had any issues in the past)

Great multi platform system

Really positive. Great responses to any queries I have had and overall a really simple and effective tool. I have two other friends both having stared catteries since I have been using the system and both signed up for Kennel Booker on my recommendation. Would happily recommend to all.

Pros

Great having all the bookings and info accessible on a range of devices so as to quickly check availability or status of booking wherever I am. Customer support is great, always responsive and helpful.

Cons

It would perhaps be great to have a rolling 4 week calendar with optional start date instead of calendar months so it is easier to check available space over the end/beginning of months. And I would LOVE an option to drag and drop bookings into a different pen in calendar view or 'swap' bookings rather than having to open the booking. It can be fiddly to move bookings around to create linear gaps. Doable and not a deal breaker but could be easier I think. Likewise a month view of walks/visits etc so you can quickly see when you have visits booked in without scrolling through the days individually would be a great addition.

Fantastic software and service

Everything required and more. Great platform for a business to flourish and grow.

Pros

This software has become the back bone of may of our operations. Its extremely efficient and keeps everything organised and professional. Customers seem very at ease and have confidence in using daily. In any event we have offered suggestions to improve any features on our end it has always been welcomed and actioned quickly and effortlessly - a fantastic service that makes us feel like privileged customers. Efficiency is alway key in any business - Kennel Booker without a doubt helps us be as efficient as possible in terms of record keeping, booking processing and accounting purposes - to name a few.

Cons

In all fairness there are no issues. Moving forward we would like to see some deeper integrations with the likes of Mailchimp etc for marketing benefits. Not been mentioned to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the team yet, no doubt they'll be as helpful as possible when discussed.

Kennel Booker Review

Great!

Pros

It is easy to use and easy for clients to understand.

Cons

Would like it if a booking reminder could be sent via email - I don’t want to establish a text relationship with my clients and that is currently the only option. Since confirmations show my email I don’t understand why that isn’t an option. I would also like it if there was a way for my clients to see their booking - perhaps by setting up a kennel booker account?

Hi Kristen, Thanks for the review, There is a online booking portal that you can add to your website, once set up your customers can log into their accounts, view and edit their data as well as their pets information. They can also add bookings request, sign digital booking waivers, upload pictures of their pets and upload scans of vaccination documents. You can find all of the settings to...

Won't be changing

I enjoy using kennel booker. I like the daily emails I receive before my facility opens that informs me what activity will be happening on that day. I enjoy the online booking option and how easy it is to make bookings and prevent over booking.

Pros

It makes it easier for me to make bookings rather than calculating on a physical calender. It stops over booking and also is useful for customer to book on their own during busy periods where we are unable to answer calls straight away

Cons

I can be hard to navigate through the settings to set up booking forms etc to make them personal to your business regarding information needed to register. Once you gave figured it out, it gets easier.

Small Boutique Cat Boarding

Pros

We are a small scale (just 3 main kennels) boarding facility as an add-on service to a larger business. A kennel software did seem a bit out of our price range however, as the owner I manage most of the business remotely as I work another job and can't afford a manager. Having KennelBooker helps me manage the bookings remotely and keep an eye on any transactions/settings employees have done and spot errors and make corrections quickly. I also like how customers can upload their own vet documents and input feeding instructions etc.

Cons

Overall I'm happy with the software but I do wish it did not require customers to create an account just to check initial availability and the flow of some of the steps to confirming a new booking.

Easy to use all around

Kennel Booker makes doing business easy.

Pros

We were growing faster than I could keep track of all my pet vaccines and client information. Kennel Booker was a perfect solution for us. Now it is easy to keep track of all our pet and client information and Kennel Booker alerts me when vaccines are out of date. One less thing to look up when booking return clients. I can schedule for my specific site, runs, and services, sending tailored confirmation emails for all. The support we got when setting up for our site was wonderful. They were super attentive and helpful, walking us through each question we had, even adding new features that addressed specific things we wanted!

Cons

The only thing I wish I could do on Kennel Booker is to sort my financial/payment information by payment date, rather than just by booking/stay date. Lots of our clients split payments between drop-off and pick-up. When they are in the same month, its not a big deal, but when it crosses two months, my financial data is off.

Purrfect for cat hotels!

We noticed that a cat hotel in Southern California was using KB. After having had many demos from competitors that did not impress me because their solutions offered way too much for what we needed, even as we expand, we selected Kennel Booker. We made the absolute right decision. Despite being voluminous information on virtually everything on KB, I tend to take the lazy route sometimes and inquite via Chat. Stephen is highly responsive, informtive, and gracious never missing a beat. He has accommodated suggestions we've had on improving the customer experience which speaks volumes about Kennel Booker's desire to help its customers succeed.

Pros

Very user-friendly, intuitive system. I really like that KB is designed for maximum efficiency while not compromising efficacy. I also really like that I'm not paying 3x as much to use a program that I'm using only 30% of features / functionality - which is a waste. I am used to working with CRM software that has so many features and functionality that go unused. However, what I like the most is that we receive excellent customer service from Kennel Booker. That really makes all the difference in any industry, particularly for small business owners.

Cons

The only downside for us is that we cannot accept Discover payments for customers here in the US. This may be a Stripe issue not a KB issue as I know KB accepts Discover in other countries and Stripe has that option so it may just be that we are in the US. So far none of our customers have complained so not at all fatal. We just have not been able to figure out the problem.

Happy Tails Boarding

Overall my experience has been great. I have had very little trouble with the software, and it keeps my schedule for me in one neat place

Pros

So many people change their schedule or make adjustments to drop off and pick up days. I cannot imagine doing this by paper. This software keeps your schedule in one place and keeps all of your customer information, vaccination info, and animal info all in one place. I love the friends and enemy's feature; this has helped us take the guess work out of what we do. We already know who we have mingled the dogs with and who they get along with. It is great!!!!!!

Cons

I don't like that when you have a dog boarded if you add a service such as a groom it doesn't put it on the top of the schedule. The only way we know how to do it is to make it two separate bookings and then staff have trouble with total cost. That is one thing I would change is the way you look up how much the customer owes.

Little Paws Playcare Review

Has really streamlined my business management and I love that the software caters to pet care businesses

Pros

Affordable, easy to use as an administrator and great for keeping track of payments and bookings without the need for a separate spreadsheet or payment management system

Cons

Some clients seem to struggle to book online - I think an app would help streamline this. Option for bank transfer would be great since stripe takes a percentage Would like to sort by pet name not client name Setting rates can be a little difficult for public holidays/peak periods with different tiers of rates

An essential part of running our business both day-to-day and forward-looking

Our experience in using KennelBooker has been excellent. We could not be more happy with the responsiveness of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. He is highly receptive to feature requests and suggestions. Answers questions quickly. And on the rare occasion that we must report a problem, the fix is delivered with lightning speed. We use this application daily and throughout the day to run the business. We simply could not be as organized as we are without it.

Pros

The interface is very easy to use and very intuitive. There are some features that require a short learning curve (accounting integration for example). But all in all, it is a critical part of running our business. We absolutely could not well manage our business (bookings, customers, pets, vaccination data, and so on) without it. I also like that the software is highly customizable and includes multi-language support. Many of our customers speak German, French and English. And the fact that the software supports all of them is really a plus.

Cons

The reporting features could use some improvement. We use some of the reports to manage feedings and medications for the pets in our care. But many of the reports would be more useful if they were a bit more customizable (sorting and filtering for example) and allowed you to pick and choose the fields that you want to have in your report instead of only offering canned reports. However, this is a minor improvement opportunity amid a sea of benefits to using this feature rich and highly functional application.

Kennelbooker is essential to my business.

Pros

When I began using Kennelbooker, my business was on excel sheets and paper folders. I choose Kennelbooker because I could afford it and it had the components I needed. What I didn’t know was that the quality of customer support was going to be off the chart! Anytime I needed help they were there, half a world away in Ireland. The reports are amazing and I had no idea that as my business expanded to more employees how important they would become.

Cons

I would like to have another payment option other than Stripe. I accept Square in my business and it would be helpful if I could be able to accept it online as well.

Great customer service

Overall this is a great program

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Favorite part is the customer service

Cons

Some things we would like are not available yet

Best software for a doggie daycare

Pros

Customer support is almost immediately, they fix any and all issues right away!

Cons

I have not find anything to dislike yet!

Very user friendly

Definitely minimizes the clerical work. It does take time to getting it customized to fit our needs.

Pros

It can be customized to suit your needs. It’s seems very basic at first but can be built the way you want it. Customer service is pretty helpful too

Cons

Invoices, etc can’t be sent digitally. Downloading the PDF to send to clients is time consuming and wastes space

Hi Stacy, Thanks for the review! We added a new feature a couple of months back to allow you to create and send an invoice directly from KennelBooker - I've added a link below to our knowledge base article on the feature. http://help.kennelbooker.com/invoicing-and-payments/send-an-invoice-to-a-customer Stephen

Kennel Booker Review

I've been a Kennel Booker user for about a year now and I've seen how much more user friendly it has become. Any time I had a question or needed a feature added, the team was always so helpful and responded very quickly.

Pros

I love how I can customize nearly everything to fit my business and any feature that I may need, the team helps create it for me!

Cons

Right now, the struggle I'm having is creating daycare package bookings. Because I have my daycare clients pay during the booking process, I have it set so they are not able to book packages themselves. I have to create them in order to apply credit. I have to keep the packages set as unavailable so they don't see it as an option and turn it on when I'm ready to book. Unfortunately, this last time someone requested it, the package option wasn't available to me so I had to charge the package amount for a regular daycare booking and will have to remember to zero out the remaining days as they get booked.