MagaRental Reviews

MagaRental

Web-based vacation property rental management solution

MagaRental

Review Summary

Renato Mario C.

Angelarita d.

Magarental is an impressive software for holiday rentals with the best customer service ever.

Cecilia V.

Cons

At not one point were they apologetic, in fact, their attitude was blasé and unconcerned. There was no curiosity as to why I had decided to leave whatsoever.

Allan C.

Instead, they insisted that I still needed to continue to pay the contract fees. A few weeks later someone from administration threatened to cut our service, which they did promptly.

Allan C.

Strange that when they are after their money, you can get an instant response, yet when you need customer service and support, no one from Magarental is able to respond quickly.

4.6

🥇Go Magarental! Thank you we finally have the right solution and the right partner to success

I have tried and observed over the last 10 years many Property Management Sofware. The optimun does not exist even because we are in a field in continuous evolution and most of Property Manager does not work according to a unique standard practice/flow. I find this the most complete software that can empower a Property Manager to become a SuperPropertyManager saving time on low value added duties (automatized), sharing information/reports to Property Owners, Managing information flows from guests and the facility team. You need as with every software to take your time to try, understand and get the value. Once you understand is perfect.

Pros

😍 Easy and integrated. A Property Management Software that covers also the Channel Manager tools features. Flexible and easy to connect. 📱 Mobile/pad friendly 🎪 Integrated a very nice website customized with payment platform 🤹‍♂️ Improved continuously 🎯 Customer service that knows not only the software but the business providing insighs beyond their traditional role. 🎮 Allow a remote control of operations on the field very efficient 🎬Integrated with analytics tools! Power BI. 🏆 Great price for value

Cons

We there are many minor things that can be improved as with any software but I see day after day new improvements so I am fine with everything.

Thanks William, we appreciate much when a professional of vacation rental understand all aspect of our application. Will try to do the best for improve always Maurizio

The Best Vacation Rentals Software

Pros

We have been working in the field of vacation rentals for more than 10 years and we have tested the most important vacation rentals software. Magarental is currently the best software for those who manage a considerable number of apartments in one or in serveral cities. The possibility of having in a single software all the functionalities necessary to automate the internal management processes is...

Cons

The software is ideal for those who manage many apartments for those with strong growth prospects and need a partner with whom to grow their business. It is not suitable for individuals, small real estate managers who do not have personalization needs and strong growth. It is a system with many features that require some initial time (as it should be) to configure it. Considesince it will be the most important system for your business I suggest you do it. If you don't have the time to manage such a powerful program, don't start.

OUTDATED, NOT USER FRIENDLY, TERRIBLE & NON-EXISTENT SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE. STAY AWAY!

It brings me no pleasure at all to leave this review, I write this only to share my experience so that others considering Magarental can make an more educated and informed decision. Initially I chose Magarental as I saw the potential it could have in helping our business more productive and efficient. It offers an "all in one" solution which includes a PMS (Property Management System), Channel Manager,...

Pros

The "guest reservation area", where your guests can update their arrival time and set their bed preference, is a great feature. However, customer support is so slow, that even after 6 months of setting up the channel manager and building the website, we never even got to use this feature, as it had not been setup correctly by the Magarental team. Federico was a pleasure to deal with. I felt he genuinely had a desire to help when I had a problem.

Cons

The system and its interface is old and archaic. In the day and age of iphones and android phones, using Magarental is like living the the dark ages. A PMS should be be intuitive and user friendly - Magarental is extremely flawed in this, costing your more time, rather than saving you time. The customer support and service is terrible. Communication between their team is non-existent. When I had...

I'm very surprised by reading this review from a person who has always been late paying the flat rate. He only paid the flat after many reminder emails of admin, he's not a professional P.M.Furthermore he signed for a basic agree which means a template without any modifications but it worked out completely different. We did many modifications upon his request and he was satisfied fro this.He did not...

Magarental, a great choice, but not for everyone.

Our overal experience with Magarental is positive because of its functionalities, possibility to adapt to our requirements and its price quality ratio, especially compared to alternative solutions.

Pros

First of all I need to mention that we use this software for connecting our vacation rental product to ota's and other platforms only, hence we are not too familiar with the crm/pms/cms functionalities it has to offer. Magarental has proven to be quite a different product than what we initially could image, having had previous experiences with larger alternatives. The possibility to personally tweak, verify, adjust or adapt a large number of settings is not for the faint of heart but therefore more appreciated by who has an understanding of the matter. What is most appreciated is the flexibility of the system and the collaboration we have with Magarental.

Cons

It can take some time and patience to understand the software and the features it offers.

Professional and reliable

Magarental is professional and reliable. They are professional in their conduct with clients and also their products allow your business to move to the next level. Thanks to rep, the website is looking very appealing to Naples Villas' target audience. Rep, who is part of the customer service team, is very reliable and delivers what she promises. Her technical knowledge and support have been invaluable...

Cons

Dear Alfonso, Thank you for your exhaustive review. Our Onboarding Team strives to follow our customers in the best way possible and they try to build a complete application which is usable for every Property Manager. In the last six months we have been working hard withyou to reach one target together, your satisfaction!. While reading you words I believe we have achieved that goal and this makes us work harder, more and with even greater commitment. Un abbraccio Maurizio Project Manager

All in one : Channel Manager - PMS- Booking Engine- MarketPlace

Happy to it use overall It has simplified our communication

Pros

The one stop shop solution 1. Channel Manager: Airbnb , Booking.com, HomeAway, Expedia, CTRIP, Agoda and some niche channels 2. PMS: Simple Property Management System with planner, cleaning scheduling, Check-In and Out 3. Booking Engine: Natively integrated 4. Automation: Communications, gaps management, 5. API: reporting Platform, finance software 6. Tablet and Mobile responsive 7. MarketPlace 8. B2B access

Cons

GDS connection will be nice to have as it is important for us.

Excellent software for accommodation renting

I have changed several tools before Magarental, and they always promised a lot, but couldn't handle all my issues. Either they had problems with iCal, or XML or I received overbookings anyway. Magarental is a little bit complex tool for start using (there are tons of functionalities that I still don't use), but once when you get familiar, it's excellent, and it does job you are paying for. I definitely recommend!

Pros

I doesn't make mistakes. It really synchronizes all channels.

Cons

You need to invest several hours to get familiar with software. It's too extensive so you could intuitively use it.

Thank you David! Is the true, Magarental is complex because have many..many functions and we're waiting some PM who use all! Ciao Maurizio

Magarental the King of Vacation Rental Softwares

One of the most relieable, if not the most, vacation rental software I came accross im my career. It is has been incredibly hard to find a stable, reliable solution able to satisfy our needs of Vacation Rental Managers. Also the price is very reasonable.

Pros

Magarental is the most complete vacation rental software there is on the market now, which gives you the possibility to integrate with pretty much all major channels, including Expedia.

Cons

Like in everything, there is always room for improvement but at this stage I cannot fault anything, as the software does pretty much all we need.

All that i was looking for!

I manage around 500 properties and I was fascinated by kigo... than in London I met Maurizio Lecce (Project Manager) and it was something like a miracle... Magarental is the property management software i dreamed... Instantly update prices and availability on all the channel manager linked to the software and, when there's no connection, it gives you the chance to link at least the availabilities...

Cons

Finally found a serious management program

After having used most of the vacation rental software on the market and found that many have major bugs, or have security or legal issues that are definitely to be avoided. I have finally come across magarental who not only are much cheaper than comparable software, they are fast, courteous, precise and their customer support greatly excelled my expectations. I would recommend to any agency that needs a REAL WORKING software and a BEAUTIFUL website.

Pros

Pretty complete, fairly easy to use ( they guide you through the more complex parts) and they customize the software for each agency at a very reasonable cost.

Cons

Pricing could be made a bit less complex, but in reality our agency has a complexpricing system so most agencies will not have this problem.

Frustrating

Time saving in organising reservations into work

Pros

The power of the product - this product puts the user in control and has many features that allows you to manage reservations, payments and messaging in the front end to services at check in and check out and other times at the back end.

Cons

The support is appauling. They give ZERO documentation, provide no useful help in english (Italian owner and staff) as they waste a lot of time waffling instead of listening. And their website development add on takes them nearly 6 months to create despite being templated. Cheap powerful product but woefully understaffed - such a shame.

Hi Mark I want to say thanks for your comment about the application and the features and functionality and try to improve our customer support. How you know we are not simple channel manager like our competitors but also a complete PMs that permit in your case to have 4 websites in one application. In the next months, we have a plan to increment the internal resources in different languages so we can help better our customers and create more documentation off line. Thanks Alessio

Not user friendly and customer service could be better

We did leave a good review when we first joined Magarental but it was in the first few weeks of using the product. The customer service was good at the beginning, 2 years ago, but this did not last. We should have waited longer before writing the first review.

Pros

It is a fair price and it is good for book keeping and accounting.

Cons

It is not not user friendly at all and is an archaic system. Although there are lots of functionalities (you don't necessary need them all), it could be much more straight forward and less complicated than it is. There are other software options which offer the same functionality or more but are much more user friendly with a more modern design. Be prepared to spend lots of time getting to know the...

Dear Alfonso, We really feel sorry about this negative review of our company as always your inputs are important to us. We wish well in your future endeavor and hope that you will come back to see the new streamlined Magarental 3.0 we have just launched. We take comfort that we were not too harsh on us in our valuation of our overall Rating, Features & Functionality as well as Value for Money. Our...

Magarental is an impressive software for holiday rentals with the best customer service ever!

Already during the first demo, it was love at first sight because it has what a vacation rentals REALLY need: it's "easy to understand" for those who want to make a booking. According with my long experience with other similar booking engine systems and after 4 months of use, I can confirm that Magarental is an impressive software for holiday rentals. But the best part of this company is the...

very easy software

Pros

I like this software because it is complete in every part, when you manage holiday house you have a lot to take care from the cleaning to the invoice and this is perfect...

Cons

intuitiveness and it is really easy to use

Thanks Angela for your support! I the reason for do always better and help you in any new integration! Maurizio

Disaster

The worst experience ever..

Pros

None, there are other softwares much more user friendly

Cons

disorganization, impossible to contact support

Dear Diego, In your understanding you believe that Channel Managers can not decide with who to collaborate. But I'd like to make clear that you wanted to continue the collaboration which I will show here. Costa Paradiso Resort mer 18/09/2019 12:03 Buongiorno Maurizio, ho visto che ci avete inviato la nota di credito per la fattura di cui abbiamo discusso. Alla luce di cio, come ti anticipavo,...

Finally a serious vacation rental software!

After a long search and many delusions in the field of vacation rental software, my Company has finally met Maurizio and his Magarental. In 6 years we have tried many different software, but I have to say that Magarental is the only one that completely match with my Company's needs. With so many different settings and its friendly usability, Magarental became shortly an essential tool to work with....

Multi Functional

It took a long time to understand all options, and it is still not done yet, but once everything is fine tuned it will be a very helpfull program for our business.

Pros

This program has many possibilities which helps us to do our business. It's an end-to-end program which cover almost all our needs.

Cons

A lot of features are not always logic implemented, since there is no helping guide, it sometimes difficult to configure and understand all options.

The right partner for a busy short let company in London

We are so proud about our new website, new booking engine and the collaboration with Maurizio and Magarental staff. Our new website immediately received a lot of positive feedbacks from our users! But what it's very important that we are happy to have finally found an amazing and professional technology partner. The booking engine is become an irreplaceable tool in our daily routine. We can...

Cons

Tested since 2006 we can't leve with out it.

We manage more than 400 units and we used Magarental since 2006 and my business is growing every year 20% thanks to the constant developing of the software and the connection easy to use of all the major channel. We use for all the back office of our business including invoices and channel connection. We have all the updated for free and the monthly cost is very affordable the assistance is great, the customer satisfaction is very high. I feel comfortable do advise to all the vacation rentals property manager the Magarental software.

Cons

Hello Renato, thank you for your comment about the Magarental application. I want only clarify about the date, we meet in 2006 but the first release of the software was in 2011, :) Bye Maurizio

Can't work with out it, by Roomix.ch

Magarental is my tecnologie partner and I'm completely satisfaction by the service. I'm in the stage work to uploading information in the data base and the process is easy and intuitive, uploading images is easy and fast, manage prices is really efficient. On the other hand the PMS is able to organize and diplay in my site a extensive and complete number of info and images, I can set and organize static pages and all the endorsements of the web site and the database. The cannel manager is outstanding and complete with all the mayor and the particular channels on the market and it will be my resource to publish all over my properties and get great visibility. Thank you to all the staff.

Cons

A complete and flexible software for the vacation rental business

We have been using the Magarental software for almost one year to manage our rental service in Venice and it has demonstrated a powerful tool insuring the grow of our business. We needed a software developed merely for the rental business that can be adapted to the daily work to accommodate the requests of demanding clients and the peculiarity of a very special town like Venice. We selected Magarental because it is a "plug play" solution with the additional advantage that it can be customized. Even if the process required for the customization is not that lean and requires some time and attention. The only concern is the lack of CRM and customer loyalty tools, but they are working on it.

More Features for your money - Great Vacation Rental Software

Just moved from one of the big boys to Magarental a smaller company who offer vacation rental software. I needed to connect to all the main vacation portals and Magarental has this covered. The software has a lot of features that my old software did not have, they even have a guest area where the guest can login and see the booking, book activities, hire a car, tips on places to visit, places to eat. They can even ask for assistance in the property and look up medical service. The other factors to move where the cost and customer service, as they are a smaller company they are always on hand to help and the cost for the software is half of what I was paying.

The best Booking Platform

I'm using this booking platform since 2011 with great satisfaction for over 5 years. Magarental's staff is always ready to develop and customize every need technology that is used for my business model. Maurizio (Magarental's Ceo) has always demonstrated great qualities to understand the real needs and requirements of our company often anticipating and implementing technologies that have led us to establish ourselves in the market for holiday homes on the Italian territory. That personally I can say is that Magarental has the qualities to make a project slow and loser in a successful project.

Cons

Magarental is the best overall on-line management site for Holiday Rental businesses.

Magarental software provides comprehension vacation rental software covering all aspects of accounting and information needed to properly run a property management company. Any issues with the software I have are immediately solved and the IT support people are wonderful to work with and never fail to help me find a perfect solution for any issues. Magarental is easy to use, the web integration is perfect and reports are complete and professional looking. I have tried other vacation softwares and nothing compares to Magarental!

Excellent

After years of waits for implementations never arrived with another software, we finally found this product, a complete software, totally customizable to your needs. We just started using Magarental and we are already very happy with its features. The assistance is always ready to help you and it is also very fast. Definitely suggested.

Cons

Thank you Alessandro, we are happy to help our customer for their business and we try to do always the best!