MarinaOffice Reviews

Pros

Its easy to use, customer service is wonderful and typically fixes things in a jiffy when needed , and always makes wonderful recommendations.

Stacy H.

We are very pleased with how everything works and would recommend this software solution to others.

Lee J.

The entire suite of MarinaOffice has been wonderful and very helpful in our operations. The use of all the Scribble programs has helped us grow as a business.

Mark G.

Jim w.

At the same time, we began a beta test [with our customers] of the E-Bill Pay and E-Signature features.

Lee J.

Sometimes I need to trick it to give me answers for reporting purposes unique to our operating situation.

Jim w.

4.6

Scribble Software. . .A great Partner to have!

SOUTH BAY Marina Green Bay WI Product Solutions: For the past four years, we have been gradually converting our marina operating systems to the MarinaOffice suite of products. We have used a phased approach during this transition, to ensure a smooth roll-out of each of the elements. Phase I began in 2013. It involved creating a marina map and entering slip / customer data into MarinaOffice...

Pros

Easy to use and very relevant to the marina operating environment

Cons

The integration / connection time with Quick Books is slow. It is somewhat cumbersome to have to go into Quick Books to change retail prices.

Thank you so much for your review and kind words!

We feel very lucky that we found Scribble Software Solutions.

Solutions: "Our 135 Slip Marina was still using the old Z-Tape cash registers and paper cards to keep track of transient slip rentals. Our staff had never used software for managing slips or for point of sale. It was intimidating researching the different software options and to think of changing our comfortable paper system and going digital. It was a big step in changing how our company operates....

Pros

It is easy to use and gives us the functionality that we need. Love that we can make our own SKU codes. The best thing about Scribble Software is their sales and support staff. They are great people.

Cons

The SKU search functionality in the POS system could be improved.

Thank you so much for your review and kind words!

For upgrade to our hardware SCRIBBLE forces a COMPANY ONLY install and cannot do it for 30 days.

Although we patch together and do not use all the features, it works for multi-point data entry for our marina complex.

Pros

It is dynamic. It works well for multi-points of data enter (i.e. customer can charge in repair shop, motel, gas dock and the statement will show charges for all areas) Pureretail can handle a large quantity of items and customers.

Cons

It has lots of bugs that the company refuses to fix. It does not handle Florida sales tax using the proper brackets. It write incorrect data to Quickbooks.

Hello Danielle, We appreciate your feedback. MarinaOffice suite is an enterprise level system and not an out of the box solution purchased from an office supply store. To ensure the highest quality and customer service, our technicians perform the installation and upgrade of our software solutions, which is standard for complex software platforms. Our records indicate you are using an older...

Scribble Software

We've been using Scribble Software since 2015 and are very pleased with its ease of use. Our employees who have been working here for several years, were very reluctant when first introduced to the new program, but are using it with ease. We are a commercial fishing dock and with the help of the Scribble Team, were able to We were able to customize PureRetail and MarinaOffice to bill out our fish across the dock and other services we provide much more easily than in the past. Service: It was an easy transition once it was all set up. Scribble Support is excellent, even using the standard plan.

Pros

We've been using Scribble Software since 2015 and are very pleased with its ease of use. Our employees who have been working here for several years, were very reluctant when first introduced to the new program but have adapted well to it. We are a commercial fishing dock and with the help of the Scribble Team, were able to We were able to customize PureRetail and MarinaOffice to bill out our fish across the dock and other services we provide much more easily than in the past." It was an easy transition once it was all set up. Scribble Support is excellent, even using the standard plan.

Marina Office -- Evolving Functionality

The functionality of Marina Office allows us to configure and tailor the software package to conform with the practices and procedures our marina management has directed. Specifically, this has involved using Marina Office as the central repository and source for all information about customers, slips, and monthly invoicing. While the Marina Office interface with Quickbooks is essential, most of the day-to-day queries and ad-hoc reporting requirements are far more easily accomplished when Marina Office is used as the central information source about the marina and our customers.

Pros

Marina Office offers a fine balance between being functional, while flexible enough to configure its use towards a specific set of marina application requirements

Cons

I think the graphics package could use a few enhancements such as ease of use and more options for color-coding schemes. Also, the software needs a larger number of user defined fields for ad-hoc selecting, sorting , and merging.

Thank you for your kind words!

Continually getting better and better!

We decided upon Scribble Software after an extensive search for the right marina management software. The products seamlessly integrate to QuickBooks which was a major criteria of ours because we did not want to rely upon a different accounting package. We were able to easily adapt to the software because it is flexible, intuitive and the Scribble Team was willing to make sure we were trained properly.

Pros

Equally as important as the software itself, the Technical Support Team is incredible. From installation to continued support, they respond quickly and resolve any issues and questions we may have. Scribble continues to add functionality to existing products and create new products that will help us remain competitive and profitable.

Cons

Thank you for being such a valuable customer since 2013!

Scribble Software/Marina management software

Software: "As Chief Operations Officer of Safe Harbor Development I am responsible for the smooth operation of 9 properties. As we acquire new properties, the first thing I do is convert to Scribble Software. I have been using it for nearly 15 years and it is 'tremendously reliable', intuitive and easy to use. It saves me so much time with reports and is an integral part of understanding how my...

Pros

Ease of use and great customer support

Cons

Taking time to set it up, but always worth it. There is so much available that its easy to make it more complicated than it really is or needs to be.

Thank you so much for your review and kind words!

Incredible Experience All Around!!!

Solutions: "The incredible team at Scribble Software has yet to leave an issue I have brought to their attention unsolved. I have always been overly impressed with their problem solving skills when giving them obstacles unique to our marina. The Techs are very knowledgeable, the Sales Team is always well versed in the products offered, overall I could not be more thrilled with my experiences receiving...

Reservations

Resolves lost and duplicate reservations

Pros

Easy to see who is in the marina, which and when slips are available and when they arrive and check out

Cons

Lacks recurring billing for transients extending their stay.

DIctatorship

Not good.

Pros

ease of use, It does most of what you would need software to do.

Cons

Company forces you to use their buddy credit card processor - Open edge- who overcharges you. I would go with a software company that gives you options. Once you sign on with them, you have to do what they say.

Long time user

We have been using MO for at least a decade. It has done what is required and has truly allowed our office to be a one horse show. We are a small "mom and pop" size operation in Victoria, BC, Canada. MO is used for posting monthly charges to our commercial and residential building occupants and for services rendered to our marina customers. I am happy enough that I will be upgrading for a 2004 version in the very near future.

Pros

Allows automatic monthly billing for rent, moorage, and services. It is rock solid.

Efficiency Made Easy

I have been using Scribble Software since 2011 and the software has really made our operation so much more efficient. Because of the ease of use of the PureRetail software, even my “anti-computer” employees are now using it regularly and without issue. The PureService module has answered all of our needs and then some. We can now easily track work order progress while also keeping written records of what has been done. Invoicing is also so much easier for work completed. We are very happy with the package that Scribble Software has put together.”

Pros

Easy to use and understand

Cons

All software has it's quirks, but nothing that technical support can't rectify very easily.

Thanks for the kind words and review!

MarinaOffice

Software: We would like to thank all the members of the Scribble Software Staff for their hard work, support and training. Bay Point Resort is a very unique property with various aspects including a marina, fuel dock, service department, campground, market, four quick service restaurants/bars, a full-service restaurant, and watercraft and RV rentals, while using three different companies within the...

Thank you so much for your review and kind words!

Scribble Software is the best marina software on the market.

"Scribble Software is the best marina software on the market. We have been using this software for several years now and this has been great. The staff at Scribble has been very helpful when we have questions. I recommend this software to every marina."

Pros

ease of use

Cons

none

Thank you so much for your review and kind words!

Awesome capability for customization for your business.

automation! what took 3 people now takes one!

Pros

layout and customization, ease of use, singe POS for all sales. By far the best out there for marina management. great functionality Backed up by Quick books.

Cons

some features need to be further developed and enhanced such as cash register selection for sales on that register only.

Thank you for your review!

I was looking for a new POS, then realized I had everything I needed!!

Wonderful

Pros

Cons

I would like it if there was someone to configure this for me :)

Excellent Service

"I have been a long time user of Scribble and always found them very accommodating in my numerous requests. I started with Scribble back in late 2007 and brought them in to help with a municipal marina I was running at the time. We also had a fuel dock and they built the fuel module to integrate with the POS system which was a game changer. Now I run a yacht club and still use Scribble with great success and I love how it runs on the QuickBooks program. Between the two of these programs I can keep a real updated daily pulse on my business and they provide a multitude of reports for the owners that makes my management team look great."

Versatile Software and Great Customer Support

We have been using Marina Office since 2003. The software is versatile enough to cater to our specific needs as a restaurant, pub, marina and fuel dock along with all our various outdoor activities we offer. The customer support is top notch and very easy to work with to get any problems solved.

Thank you for your kind words!

Best marina software for the buck

I`ve used both of the top 2 marina software programs. For the money, this is far and away the best.