Oasis Insight Reviews

Oasis Insight

Client intake & reporting solution for food banks

Review Summary

Pros

I am very grateful that with the Oasis system, I can take care of everyone without much of a wait, and I have time to smile and befriend them as I am filling in the blanks.

Randi Elyse U.

I like that Oasis "remembers" tasks that you have been doing consistently. I also like the fact that it is easy to use, very user friendly, easy to pull up reports.

Luz G R.

Overall Oasis is great for the price and need that we have. I would love to see different levels of users and the ability to bulk upload data.

Evie M.

Susan V.

We hate that it collects a bunch of "mandatory data.

Susan V.

Increases productivity at the site level because it eliminates paper data errors: legibility, missed information. Easy to track client use of our Food Bank Network.

Andrea A.

The non profit life

This was the database our food bank used and it did its job but really needs some updating.

Pros

Oasis insight is a great data base that stores all of our clients who received food from us and also we track calfresh applications we submitted on behalf of the client.

Cons

The only use for this database was to store clients information. The database could be a bit more user friendly. The flow when entering information could improve.

Love this program!

I am now able to flag families that use the same address which helps alleviate shortage of food.

Pros

I love this software. Checked out a lot of different software programs before choosing this one. I love being able to get info on clients quickly. Some people dont like adding dependents, but it is helpful for me to flag potential duplicate names and addresses

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble printing reports, but the support team is always quick to respond to my problems.

Worst software application I have encountered in 30 years

(continued from above) … in that window in order to record one shopping visit. When first required to use this software, we asked if it was possible to set and use default settings to reduce the number of keyboard/mouse interactions and was told it was not possible. Most recently, I sent a message to Oasis asking if the red banner warning that the USDA Eligibility Expiration Date had expired (a decided improvement) could be altered so that the same display that reads "Almost Due" could have its background color changed (a simple code change) to yellow to allow readily distinguishing these alerts to support different actions with clients, I received no response.

Pros

There is nothing about this application that merits any commendation, except the recent addition of the banner warning that the USDA Eligibility Expiration date has passed (and that is problematic in that the related "Almost Due" display is distracting, making it difficult to be alert to the needed interaction with clients. I wrote to Oasis about two months ago asking if the "Almost Due" banner background color could be changed from red to yellow (or other distinctive color, a simple coding change), but received no response.

Cons

I have volunteered over 20 years checking in client shoppers at Micah 6 Food Pantry in Austin, Texas. We initially kept records of registered shoppers and their visits to the pantry using an Excel spread sheet program that suited our purposes. When required by the Central Texas Food Bank (formerly Capital Area Food Bank) in Austin to use Oasis Insight to register and record shoppers, we became burdened...

great inventory management software

this software works great for the company and works for amy size

Pros

very easy to manage and teach others how to use can customize each user to specify things there able to do

Cons

wish this software was mobile friendly other wise nothing i would change works wonderful works well on tablets

Oasis Insight

We use Oasis for our SNAP outreach team to track the work they do. Oasis allows us to pull together information quickly to report out to the larger organization and also for us to gauge how we are doing.

Pros

The customer service experience has been very positive. Any time I've run into an issue I can't resolve, the customer service has been prompt and thorough.

Cons

There are a few occasions I have not been able to pull together the information from a report myself.

Pros

Robust...can handle a lot of accounts and data.

Cons

Difficult to use from a marketing perspective. IE: mass emails, campaigns, etc.

Oasis Review

Trying to understand the geographic location of the people that we are serving has been a great benefit.

Pros

The value is great! Low cost for very robust features and great customer support.

Cons

While this may not be Oasis's problem to solve, finding ways to speed up the intake process when looking for a client would be great. Perhaps a suggested "kit" that food banks can provide to pantries?

Oasis Review

We are a non-profit organization that runs a good pantry and we are easily able to track our clients.

Pros

The overall functionality is good, ease to navigate and has good reporting. The screens are pretty self explanatory.

Cons

Not being an admin of the system, it would be nice if users could delete duplicate records from their own organization.

Kings Things Review

Love using Insight. The monthly SFPP and TFAP reports are so easy and quick to generate!

Pros

Ease of use Love the layout Great reports available

Cons

I work with a lot of computer-phobic seniors, so we basically do a batch update offline. Our live training session left a lot to be desired. The video's helped, but basically we fumbled our way through it until we mastered it.

Best Life Food Ministry

It makes ease of entering our food pantry information much more user friendly.

Pros

I enjoy how user friendly it is. It makes training new people easy.

Cons

No real flexibility in creating reports.

The Oasis Overkill

Continued from above...do you have any idea how labor intensive it is to maintain up to date barcode ID cards on EVERY client we serve? It's a nightmare. We thought this would be a fantastic route to go down and we were VERY excited to be able to collect online signatures. AS it turns out, it's been a disaster and as soon as I can ditch this software for another (in the process of testing another method) we will.

Pros

We like that it collects a bunch of data

Cons

We hate that it collects a bunch of "mandatory data". We seriously despise the "creating a report" process, it's ridiculous. I have many volunteers who interface with this software and frankly, it's just overkill for us. It is not user friendly. We neither have the time or desire to enter the dependent of EVERY client we serve. We SHOULD have the option to enter a Number of dependents and list whether...

Easy to use software and convenient data download capability

We use Oasis Insight to track client data for a food pantry. We have thousands of clients and track their demographic data and their visits to the pantry using various categories (some of them are user-defined). We use the standard reports to retrieve the data for grant applications, our newsletter, and other purposes that come up from time to time. The software is absolutely critical to managing pantry client data and having reliable, verifiable data for grant applications.

Pros

Data input is fast and easy, and being able to search for client records using a combination of various criteria (last name, first name, DOB, case #, etc.) is very flexible. The option of easily downloading our client data to Excel is a great help for analysis and for completing grant requests that ask for client data sorted and grouped in various ways and within varying time frames. Report criteria can be saved for rerunning again at a later time, and can edited if needed. Because the software is web-based, I can sign in from home to do data input or run reports - super convenient! Customer Service is fast, efficient and cheerful. I'm very pleased with the software and recommend it highly.

Cons

The software is very functional and we don't have any complaints.

Format Change Suggestion

I work specifically with identification and resolution of duplicate cases. It would be helpful if the case numbers used would appear anyplace the names are written. OI is a good program and works well for our purposes.

Pros

It generally works well although there are times when the program is sluggish.

Cons

The on screen format could use some updating please. The background of the screens for clients is grey and the writing for words in that area is white. It is very difficult to see clearly. In my opinion, a simple writing color change co9uld make it so much easier to read and much clearer. If the writing was darker in color it would be much better.

Best Value in the Market

Oasis has been a phenomenal partner in our work. When we present an issue with tracking they are always willing to take as much time as necessary to help us figure out a solution or explain potential work around.

Pros

It is simple and easy to use. It is easy to generate reports, input client data, and see information about clients. Compared to others in the market the cost is very low.

Cons

It's hard sometimes to change something if you have been doing it a certain way for several years. Also the ability to import large amounts of data can be limiting.

Great Tool to Have

With our volunteer base, it is not easy to train new users with this program. Making some changes that will make it more user friendly would be very helpful. For younger, tech savvy individuals, it is easy to figure out if time permits.

Pros

I like that we are able to connect with other agencies using this software. If you know how to use it properly, it can be a great tool to have!

Cons

It is not the easiest to use. There are too many ways to have a duplicate case. Running various reports can be confusing. It is too easy to get lost in the information.

Oasis Insight is such an intuitive software, easy to implement with Food Bank Partner Agencies.

Using Oasis Insight gives the Food Bank the data it needs to drive program development and track funders' requests for information.

Pros

The ability to query reports customized to the needs of the Food Bank. We can filter to get the date ranges or specifics we need. We can detail the aggregate numbers we need. If we need to go deeper, we can export as a CSV file and manipulate through Excel.

Cons

A few little areas for improvement, but the Simon Solutions team is very open to feedback and makes improvements whenever we suggest something.

Oasis Insight helpful for food pantry documentation

Oasis Insight helps us go paperless and it allows us to pull reports easily. We are able to serve more families in a faster time due to the ease of record keeping.

Pros

Oasis Insight is extremely helpful in managing all of our information about food pantry clients: their demographic information, how often they come to the food pantry, what programs they qualify for, how much food they receive each month, etc. The report generation is also beneficial for crunching the numbers on aggregate data.

Cons

We have had several problems with recording signatures. While this may be more of a problem with our web browser, it is still annoying.

Food Pantry user

Before we used Oasis Insight, our whole sign-in process was on index cards and the reporting was all done in an Excel spreadsheet, so there was obviously many more man hours needed to manipulate data. Oasis has made our process so much more manageable and the time savings are tremendous.

Pros

It's easy to learn and mostly intuitive. It has all the functions we need for tracking relevant information and assistance. The reporting offers everything we need to generate monthly reports for our local food bank and for gathering statistics for grant writing.

Cons

I wish the reporting could be a little more customizable. There are some fields you cannot uncheck and sometimes just a list of names is desirable. Also, it would be nice to customize the screens to our organization, as there are many fields that are not relevant to us.

Super easy to use

Pros

Oasis allows you to train your staff quickly on features and use. They keep client information safe and secure!

Cons

Customization is pretty limited and reports are sometime slow. Data can't be pulled all together; ex. case report and application report info do not talk to each other.

Great software for a food pantry

We have had a great experience. We would recommend it to other pantries for client management.

Pros

It is easy to use. Our volunteers are mostly seniors and they adopted it quickly.

Cons

We received the software as part of a package from our regional food bank, and they shouldered some of the cost. I know the functionality is there we just can't use it as much as other users.

Oasis Insight

The time saved has been immense. We can track data inhouse and with other agencies. If a person has a household change, it's simple to update. As noted above, I'm new to monthly reports and it still seems clunky. Overall, it's a great tool for business.

Pros

It's very easy to enter and update in search mode.

Cons

I'm still getting the knack of monthly reports, but it seems a bit trial and error to get the correct data to show. Also, there is not a provision for accounting for people not in the data bank yet they are on the roster.

EASE OF USE

FINDING DUPLICATE CLIENTS WITH MORE THAN ONE CASE #.

Pros

WE LOVE THE EASE OF CHECKING CLIENTS STATUS.

Cons

HOWEVER, WHEN WE NEED TO MOVE SOMEONE TO ANOTHER ACCOUNT, IT GIVES THAT PERSON ANOTHER CASE #. THIS CAUSES CONFUSION WHEN WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PARTICULAR CLIENT. WHAT WE DO IS US THE FIRST CASE # FOR ANOTHER CLIENT.

Easy to track clients and their benefits

Pros

Queries and Reporting. This is a relational database, so most fields are can be selected. The database is used to gain important information on years of clients, active and inactive, who receive monthly assistance of food. Reports are often run to see how many are under 60 or how many receive federal assistance in several different areas. The data entry is easy, but the resulting information is what make this a very valuable database to our organization.

Cons

There is not much wrong with this software. Limited training was required, though online help is available. The Greater Boston Food Bank oversees all use.

Food Pantry Database

We started using Oasis Insight in December of 2017. I like not having to thumb throught multiple pages for my reports and having to input everything into a spreadsheet. I can process our clients every day we are open and just run a report at the end of the month.

Pros

I like that this program is cloud based and I can access it from work and from home. I also like its reporting capabilities. I can customize my reports as I have different reporting requirements for different agencies that I partner with.

Cons

The only thing I would change is that when I pull up my EFAP report, it doesn't show the apartment or unit number, only the main address.

Excellent Product with a ton of Tools

This product allows us to keep track of our overall clients list and record their visits with just a few clicks. The reports we can generate provide us with all the statistics anyone could want

Pros

Ease of use and versatility of the reports generator

Cons

sometimes runs slow, I'm assuming from the number of users online