Global Shop Solutions Reviews

4.16/5 (64 reviews)

Pros
  • Does a good job of managing inventory.
  • Exporting data to excel. most reports are easy to use.
  • Built with manufacturing /production accountability in mind
  • This software is a complete package at an affordable cost. It provides many options
Cons
  • Cumbersome to use, glitches and not very intuitive.
  • I like everything about this software and the vendor.
  • Sometimes, tech support can be a bit slow to respond.
  • I would like to see R&D special requests be a bit faster.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Steven Brezwyn

Global Shop ERP Review

Reviewed 2017-04-04

Global Shop has helped our organization improve has a whole, provide us with the tools to manage and evaluate true costs and help us provide the service our customers demand.

Pros

Cons
Takes time to master it but once you have played with it for a while it is a time saver

Kelly Elders

Global Shop Solutions Review

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The product is very user friendly and powerful. The APS is a great tool for scheduling.You can easily find out questions from your customers within seconds as to where there product is and when it will be completed. We use Global Shop for everything from quoting to invoicing. The support team is wonderful, I would highly recommend this product.

Cons
I personally have nothing i do not like, if anything they could make there quality module stronger but it works just fine.

Rich Crossen

Very dependable and great customer service!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Appreciate the follow up by Reps but really no explanation necessary. I would say 99.9% of the time we get efficient and effective response times from Global Shop. I wish all my vendors were as good as Global Shop! Thank you again for your efforts and yes you have your hands full with training but a very important business process! Go Training!

Pros
Continuously improving systems to meet ever changing business demands. Technical support very good and tremendous potential to customize.

Cons
Add-in such as ARC and GAB need more explaining of purpose and functionality. A lot of "Script" or User Fields with little explanation.

Chuck Ensink

A Buyer's Review

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I am a purchasing manager so I am in the purchasing and inventory side all day long. They are easy to use and I can have both modules open at the same time which makes my job easier. The vendor is great - very responsive.

Cons
The one thing that annoys me the most is limited number of characters that can be used when making a new item number in inventory. some of our numbers can be long and sometimes we need to abbreviate them to get them to fit.

Joel Jr. Plumo

Beyond your Expectation

Reviewed 2018-06-05
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The GS system was very helpful in terms of production planning, inventory, capacity and monitoring of the items, status and finished date.

Cons
The product works great in manufacturing, but the accounting flow was complicated and the price was indicated in every product.

Eric Stroud

We have used Global Shop for almost 18 years now

Reviewed 2016-09-06
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I like how integrated this software is. It seamlessly combines all departments into one software package and allows traceability through all stages of product realization. I like the promptness of the vendor on technical support.

Cons
What I dislike about this software is the learning required upfront to navigate through this ERP package.

Donna Burns

Making it with Global Shop

Reviewed 2017-04-04

This system allows us to be in command of our inventory and know our cost of doing business in all aspects of our product offerings. The help functions are probably the best I have had to work with and are written to assist the new user as well as a seasoned one. You can drill down to the level of information that you need to get past your user issue. Being in the medical device industry we must have spot on tracking and GSS provides us with the ability to retrieve information reported on raw materials as well as our production activity: who, what, when, where. I really like the inventory supply and demand function - it gives the option to collect information from one screen such as usage, routers and where used, lot and inventory history and much more. We have been using GSS for over 2 years and still find new ways to better use this system. This company offers free training in the Friday Features making sure we stay in tune with existing functions as well as new offerings.

Response from Global Shop Solutions

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for us and being a great, great customer Donna. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you on Friday Features!

Adam Dean

Global Shop Review

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The product offers a wide range of capabilities from end-to-end of the business. The capabilities of this product allow strong users a broad array of capabilities to drive business stability and growth.

Cons
The user interfaces are not clear or naturally intuitive. It's a powerful tool but it can take years to navigate the product.

Lamar Ballinger

Everything you need in one package!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-03-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
From tracking inventory quantity, cost etc.. to managing employee labor hours, Global Shop Solutions makes life much easier. GSS has played an essential role in helping my company streamline its processes and they continue to innovate and bring fresh new ideas to a constantly evolving program.

Cons
No Cons to speak of. If any issues arise Global Shops Tech support team is always there to lend a helping hand.

Greg Collins

Highly customizable but does take time to figure out optimal use

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Will take feedback & follow up on questions / requests. We tend to be at the 'front edge' of implementation and come up with things that require research.

Cons
Having to be a few updates behind in order to keep system reliable. The maintenance module does suck, but we were told that when we loaded it up, so we appreciate the honesty.

Jackeline Cardona

Business consultant

Reviewed 2018-12-05
Review Source: Software Advice

The technology it’s really advance for the price

Pros
This product it’s great it helped my company to have a better control of our inventory. Keeping track of it was a lot more work.

Cons
Sometimes the product it’s so easy to use that it make it complicated because we were used to go around through so many steps and this is in front of us!

matt landis

Global Shop Review

Reviewed 2017-04-05

I have been using GS for 7 months. There are some good features and some things that could be improved. I am coming to training at the end of April, so hopefully i will learn more tools and tricks.

Pros
Exporting data to excel. most reports are easy to use.

Cons
Using some modules are slow. Need to be able to speed up access to data.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

John Trainor

Global Shop - The never ending nightmare

Reviewed 2017-01-19
Review Source: Software Advice

We looked at several ERP systems - but decided on Global shop almost Seven years ago - to put it best it is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you are going to get. We were just forced to do another update - We avoid and delay doing updates because global shop does not do any testing to see what and how the updates will affect other parts of the system. Many behind the scene issues take a time to realize you have a problem. They do like to make sure the issues make an impact on the financial statements. I was reading reviews recently (I wish I would have read them seven (7) years ago) but I have zero confidence in the financials produced by global Shop. Global Shop CRM is completely useless - a complete waste of time - This was a feature they did a demo and was a big reason why we went with Global shop - when they installed the system CRM was not available apparently it was a new feature - was not on the market yet - What is on the market now is nothing like what was in the demo.

Pros
Does a good job of managing inventory.

Cons
The system has a way to many internal issues - too many items not connecting - behind the scenes processing that does not connect the dots within the system. When you get technical help - they either go in a back door and fix something (short term) or they tell you there is a "bug" - And this is the first time anyone has experienced the issues -

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Rajan Agrawal

Go for it!

Reviewed 2018-08-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I was looking for a s/w for my business that I can introduce to my employees. I come a cross with this product and I decided to buy one. It is very impressive with high in features.

Cons
It took us about 2 hours to learn about the features but I would recommend this product to everyone.

Randy Bailey

Pretty usefull tool when applied correctly

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Built with manufacturing /production accountability in mind

Cons
Would like to see it come with an actual user manual with the descriptive users instructions. IE: the how to use manual if you are the operations manager. The how to if your the Quality manager. The how to if you are the scheduler etc etc.

Ben Bucklew

This is a great product!

Reviewed 2015-05-07
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The best part about this product is that it's an all-inclusive product which includes; payroll and accounting functions.

Cons
The CRM included within the Global Shop Solutions platform isn't up to par compared to Salesforce.com or Microsoft Dynamics CRM. However, the CRM does assist you in some areas if used.

Amy Delaney

Global Shop is a flexible solution with many advanced/custom features

Reviewed 2014-12-02
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
It's flexible software with continuous upgrades, and they have responsive employees. It's a good, solid company with good values. They listen to the needs of their users and find solutions. These solutions are shared with other customers. This software allows for company growth. It's a fully integrated solution that is extremely reliable. This is a solid company that is family owned and operated. They take pride in their product, and it is reflected in the software solution.

Cons
I like everything about this software and the vendor.

SCOTT KOON

IT HAS HELPED ME WITH PURCHASING AND ASSIGNING COST

Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
BE ABLE TO MANAGE ALL ASPECTS OF THE BUSINESS AND PURCHASING AND ASSIGNING COST TO JOBS AND TOOLING FOR PARTICULAR JOBA

Cons
SOMETIMES IT CAN BE REALLY SLOW MAKING PO'S AND INITIALIZING THE THE START UP CAN TAKE A LITTLE WHILE

Jason Trembly

Great software!

Reviewed 2014-04-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The software comes standard with all the modules. It is all-encompassing and very user-friendly. The software is very customizable, and the ability to generate detailed reports is great. Global Shop has a great customer service team. They are able to answer all of our questions in a prompt and efficient manner. When we updated from our old DOS-based ERP system, I thought that data transfer was going to be painful. Global Shop has developed an elegant solution, and the process was quick and smooth.

Cons
At times, the speed of the system can lag, and it varies from module to module.

Bob Richardson

Needs a lot of work

Reviewed 2016-11-28
Review Source: Software Advice

I have used GSS for almost 2 years. The program is pretty powerful and has some nice ideas, but it is not intuitive and tends to have a lot of glitches. They make it so you need to have 17 step (click, open window, close, click another part of the program, screen-shot it, click close, click open... etc.) process for something should be one or two steps max. The program makes it so if someone messes up any one of the many clicks it screws up everything. For this reason it's hard to use and requires lots of continuous physical checks to make sure you are not snowballing problems. I don't understand why they can't make it so you can look something up in supply and demand and just click to do your required transaction. Instead, you need to have 6 screens open to gather all the information half of which you can't have open at the same time so you need to screen shot or write it all down just to finish a simple task. It's a great idea, but the user interface is cumbersome to use and less intuitive than a bag of bricks.

Pros
Could be a great program if they payed any attention to detail and how someone uses the program.

Cons
Cumbersome to use, glitches and not very intuitive.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Fernando G Moreno

At implementation stage

Reviewed 2018-04-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Great implementation program, it includes a Program Manager and several consultants. Weekly meeting helps to keep on track Easy to use

Cons
The safety stock does nothing to the MRP, it is the re order point and we are trying to figure it out how it works because we only have safety stocks on FG

Greg Manfredi

Shop Manager

Reviewed 2019-01-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Allowed us to purchase the system outright. They do give you all modules out of the box and provide free training (although it is very weak)

Cons
Do your research THIS IS OLD SOFTWARE. Their system's source code is written in the old language of COBAL. The user interface looks nice but I assure you this is old software! No screen functions the same we keep getting Cobal Error codes when we try to do simple tasks like enter a dollar amount into a quote. There is no continuity in the system. Every screen looks like you are operating a different software.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Lisa Miller

Global Shop is the solution for growing companies

Reviewed 2014-11-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
I like the flexibility to have the software work for the way you run your business.

Cons
It would be helpful if you knew the formulas the reports were using and where the data was pulled from. It would also be helpful if there was flow chart type data that showed how all the information inter-related. Something that would tell you if you changed this setting or that setting what results to expect. Also, a way to know that by changing something what the trickle down effect would be. The search feature in the help section needs to be refined.

John McKeon

Most significant companywide improvement in 15 years

Reviewed 2014-04-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
They are committed to the continued development of the software.The software handles all aspects of my business. They are also committed to customer support. It handled my business 10 years ago; it handles my business today; and it will continue to grow with my business into the future.

Cons
I would like to see R&D special requests be a bit faster.

Andrew Kates

Global Shop

Reviewed 2014-04-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The system has an easy user interface. Their customer service is knowledgeable. They are constantly looking to add modules to improve business functionality. When customer service responds, they usually have a resolution.

Cons
Sometimes, tech support can be a bit slow to respond.