Onward Vet

Veterinary practice management software

Onward Vet Reviews

Pros

I have not been disappointed and am continually impressed with how "user friendly" it is. The support I receive from Rajat is the best.

Annette S.

Additionally, whenever we have had questions or suggestions to improve the functionality for our practice, The customer support team have been great. Definitely recommend this software.

Heather B.

Heather B.

Cons

At the start it was a bit confusing and frustrating to learn the flow of the program.

James T.

We do not have to search for lost paper records anymore.

Tara M.

5.0

This was the key to carrying my practice to the next level.

It will add a level or organisation and continuity to your clinic life that will make you efficient and highly productive.

Pros

Very simple and easy to use. Information is easily accessed and has good flow. The developers are always trying to improve on the software which makes your practice evolve daily. Customer service is second to none !

Cons

Software is internet based, so when there is internet issues you are unable to use the system freely.

Thank you Dr. Ravi and team, we really appreciate it!

A functionally simple and elegant EMR system with constant upgrades!

Pros

We have used this system for 3 years and have been very pleased with the functionality and simplicity of the software as well as the ability to train new staff members on its usage. This software is easily used by everyone from the complete computer novice to the IT savvy. Additionally, whenever we have had questions or suggestions to improve the functionality for our practice, The customer support team have been great! Definitely recommend this software!

Cons

My only minor complaint is that there is no way to know when someone else is making updates to the patient record which occasionally results in the second person into the record losing their modifications.

Thank you Dr. Brookshire and team, we really appreciate the great review! The new "Audit/History" feature tracks all changes and allows recovery of any notes in case multiple users are updating the exact same section of the SOAP for the same patient.

Has worked well for us, very responsive to changes and suggestions

This has been very functional for us and the price is excellent.

Pros

Ease of customization, particularly for our holistic practice. We can easily add procedures such as acupuncture and chiropractic. The company also was great when we initially signed up for this software, adding wellness plans and doing other custom things to help streamline our processes. Also like that it's in the cloud so we don't have to do our own backups and can access anywhere.

Cons

Still some things I'd like to see in terms of financial analysis that align with AAHA figures to make it easier to compare to other practices (reports). Also wish there was an easier way to schedule appointments when we're using cell phones out of the office.

Hello Dr. Leonard, thanks for your awesome review! Update: In the beautiful new interface that was launched in May, 2020, there is an easy to use cell phone/mobile device appointment calendar available. AAHA specific financial metrics, and many new integrations also on their way in 2020.

Dyanmic Veterinary Software

Pros

The interface is very intuitive and easy to use, and fast. Customer support is excellent and always prompt. Being cloud-based, we can access it from anywhere. There is easy access to all the patient information from a single landing page. In-house and outside reference lab data are automatically uploaded. Whiteboard helps us keep the patient flow moving efficiently throughout the day We are able to use the inbuilt 2-way texting feature to keep engaged with our clients. Onward Vet is responsive to our needs and suggestions and comes up with new features on a regular basis.

Cons

We have not encountered any drawbacks so far.

The Best Cloud Based Veterinary Management Software

We do not have to search for lost paper records anymore.

Pros

Onward Vet is very intuitive and easy to use program. Most of the information is on the home page. You can navigate to different parts of the program from the same page with a few clicks. Client communication feature is great! You can text and email clients from the software. The lab results come directly to the patient record, therefore, eliminating the need to print, scan and upload to patient files. Its easy to create reports. You can analyze how new client come to you and target advertisements accordingly. Easy to create custom templates and estimates. The program can be customized to meet your clinics unique needs.

Cons

There are absolutely no cons about this program.

Thank you Dr. Miska and team, we really appreciate the great review!

A key asset for a successful start up veterinary hospital!

Speed Quality and Value are apparent with this system. OV thinks outside the box and brings process and efficiency to the veterinary hospital

Pros

OV is simply elegant and highly intuitive for our fast paced doctors and staff. It can be tailored to our unique practice needs and optimized to drive efficiencies and processes that improve costs. Lik sour new hospital it has evolved over the last 2.5 years and is now better than ever.

Cons

For the value - Nothing! I would like to see in the future a Voice to Text solution that can keep up with our hospitals pace. The current voice to text solution exists but is about as fast as traditional keystrokes.

Thank you Dr. Cordes and team!

From Paper to Paperless

My practice has been a sole paper practice for 44 years. I researched all of the other veterinary software options out there over a 2 year period of time. I needed a software program that would not slow down my high volume practice and make me more inefficient, as most of the time we cannot afford to slow down. I ran across this software at a conference and decided to make the switch as its ease of...

Cons

Hi Dr. Standridge, thank you very much for this nice review!

Great Vet Software !

CSR has been very accommodating any time I've had questions! We are glad we chose Onward Vet!

Pros

This software is easy to navigate and keeps things organized in our very busy mobile vet vans . Very helpful customer service department.

Cons

Being cloud based remember to refresh the screens so everyone can see whats going on ! Small clitches on updates with different browsers but they figure out fast.

Thank you Rebecca and team, we really appreciate the great review!

The perfect software for our clinic

Pros

We have been using onward vet for the past 3 years , easy to use , always up to date , customer support is 24/7 even with the time difference we always get a prompt answer for any inquiry.

Cons

Just the transition between the old and new interface we faced minor issues

Thank you Dr. Azeim and team, we really appreciate the great review!

GREAT SERVICE

Very good!

Pros

Easy to use. Customer response is great!

Cons

We have had some issues with treatment plans, but have been dealt with by the team promptly.

Thank you Dr. Sophia and team, we really appreciate the great review!

Dr Stenson

We started using Onward Vet as a new practice in 2012 and have grown with Onward Vet. They were fairly new at that time and have been very good about adding and improving features. They have been a real asset to a young practice and their being web based has been great. My staff commonly looks up and puts in histories on their smart phones.

Pros

Ease of access and being user friendly.

Cons

Thank you Dr Stenson and team!

THE BEST DECISION I MADE BY CONVERTING TO ONWARD VET ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS

I had been looking into options to convert my paper based practice to a paper-light or paper-less system. Most of the common systems that offer this feature require very expensive overhaul of the computers, in-house network and expensive server. After a careful review of the pros and cons of different systems we decided to switch to the simple cloud based Onward Vet program. The program is easy to...

Cons

Hi Dr. Kumar, thanks for that nice review!

From no computers to almost all computerized.

We have been using Onward Vet for almost a year now. We had a small animal practice without any computers in the office, but were looking to computerize. After examining a number of programs we decided to go with Onward Vet. From the start, we received great support to help us get started and up and running. The program has a bit of a learning curve but with some time and experience, it becomes...

Pros

It is a very comprehensive program. It is cloud based and available anywhere. I helps me and makes me be a better record keeper.

Cons

Thank you Dr. Teare and team!

I won't ever go back to a network-based practice management system again!

I had my reservations about using a cloud-based system. What if my internet goes down? With Onward Vet, we can use our cell phones until it is running again. But then, I realized that my internet has never failed. My network failed fairly often and seemed to happen when I was my busiest. The cost of having an IT person get my network running again was prohibitive. I watched the technician play...

Cons

Hi Dr Mills, thanks for that nice review!

Product is solid, great service at a fair rate.

We hold all clients charts and cloud based makes it easy!

Pros

Ease of use, depth of options and reports. I like the system layout and how everything is put together.

Cons

Thank you John, and team!

Excellent solution for our cat hospital.

The solution offered by Onward Vet is a little different than some of the others we looked at, being "cloud based." We are a solo practice limited to cats. Most of the other practice management packages we looked at required extensive new computers and a server. Without a dedicated IT company or staff, this is a daunting if not expensive challenge. With Onward vet we could use the computer and...

Cons

This was crucial for me to take my practice to the next level.

This has proven to be very useful for us, and the price is very reasonable.

Pros

Really convenient and straightforward to use. The information is readily accessible and flows well. The developers are constantly working to refine the app, causing your practice to change on a regular basis. The customer service is outstanding!

Cons

Since the software is internet-based, you won't be able to use it if the internet is down.

Thank you Dr. Bellaouadi and team, we really appreciate the great review!

Cloud Based Veterinary Software

Great

Pros

Onward Vet is very intuitive software. It is easy to navigate. Whiteboard feature allows to monitor the flow of patient visits, communication within the team and with the clients. Easy to upload and access the patient records and lab results. Treatment flow sheet easy to use and auto populates for billing. Easy to create reports, statements, reminders.

Cons

No problems encountered after the initial learning curve.

Onward Vet is a great software!

I have been using Onward Vet for about 1.5 years for my mobile practice. I find the software extremely easy to use and the support is always available. It has all the features that I am looking for my practice and then some. Even on the road, I am able to connect to Onward Vet using my hotspot cellular modem. The system is fast, intuitive and the medical notes are organized very well. Onward Vet is completely paperless, I do not have to worry about printing invoices and estimates. Integration with Antech and IDEXX labs makes it seamless for me to place and receive lab results. I highly recommend the Onward Vet software for anyone looking to get higher efficiency in their practice, and to help grow the business by leaps and bounds, like it did for me!

Cons

Onward Vet is a comprehensive and convenient practice management software.

Onward Vet is very innovative and they are frequently making improvements for ease of use or as user needs change. The program also allows a practice to create and use forms within the program as needed. Since we are a mobile service, the ability to access the software from any location is also a great feature. The ease of use makes data entry quick and client / patient information can also be quickly accessed from several areas throughout the program. The ability to send invoices and documents directly to our clients upon completion of the visit has saved us time and additional expenses.

Onward Vet Software

After reviewing many "web based" software programs for our equine clinic, Onward Vet was the most appealing and our choice for our new program. I have not been disappointed and am continually impressed with how "user friendly" it is. The support I receive from Rajat is the best! I'm positive I would not have the support like this from any other company....very refreshing in this day of technology! I recommend Onward Vet to anyone in the veterinary field.

Cons

Hi Annette, thank you very much for the nice review!

Onward vet

I have been a vet since 2000 and have used a number of software programs. Onward Vet was easy to learn to use, from doing physical exam findings to putting in charges and printing out invoices. Whenever we have had a problem or concern Rajad has been available or has gotten back to us in a very timely fashion and has steadily made improvements to the software so that I Onward has become my top choice in veterinary clinic software.

Cons

Hi Dr. Pudwill, thank you very much for the nice review!

Less paper and more organized

We have gotten rid of the file cabinets...in a small clinic, space is valuable. I have the ability to review cases, complete write ups and communicate with clients anywhere, anytime as long as I have internet. The software is so easy to use. And they constantly improve it, making things even easier. No scary upfront fee. It has been 3 years and I can't find anything negative to say. Recommend it.

Cons

Thank you Dr. Salvador and team!

Great program

Onward Vet is very easy to use, even easier to learn. Being a cloud based program, allows me to access the program (tablet or even on my phone) while on house visit or on the road. I have had no problems using Onward Vet or their customer service, even though my practice is on a small Caribbean Island. All in all, great program and great customer service at a great price.

Cons

Hello Dr Halley, thank you very much for the nice review!

excellent software

This software is a hidden gem. It is easy to use and fully functional. Our very busy practice in Houston could not function without it. The price has to be one of the most affordable out there. The best feature is the customer service which has to be second to none. Highly recommend.

Cons

Hi Dr. Revere, thank you very much for that nice review!