Ovatu Manager Reviews

4.83/5 (115 reviews)

Pros
  • Accessibility anytime anywhere Patient appointment reminder messages.
  • Love it! Very user friendly and whenever you need clarification, customer support is readily available to you
  • Easy to use, and user friendly. A app for my iphone! I can book appointments anywhere. Happy clients, happy me!
  • Easy to use & always evolving. Love that you can use it if your offline. Is o e of the best I have trailed and used.
Cons
  • So far Ovatu has addressed all my needs.
  • Nothing at all love it, so easy to use and all my staff would not want me to change to any thing else.
  • I love it cant think of any cons- except when there's an apply upgrade sometimes bugs appear on system.
  • I use it for scheduling golf lessons. I wish that it had some features that made scheduling groups easier.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Libby Gore

Experience with Ovatu has been overwhelmingly positive. An excellent choice for my small business.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
I like that I can manage all appointment scheduling and products for all aspects of my business. I like that the app is available on my phone as well as iPad. I love the automatic sms confirmations sent to my clients.

Cons
I would like to see a way to integrate my products with my webpage, so that I did not have to manage 2 product systems. I also would like to see Ovatu integrate the Square payment system. It would make the system even better if the web-based version and the app had the same functionalities.

Laurel Silverman

Ovatu works great for me to keep track of where my clients are in their packages and run reports.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

I can keep track of my clients sessions/packages with ease. I no longer need to remind clients of session times or payment due. The ease of running a report for month end, year end or invoicing a particular client.

Pros
Cost. Ease of use. Automated email reminders. Even though the customer service is through email, Dave and his staff have always been very prompt and responsive about taking care of any issues.

Cons
I wish it functioned with a better cc system like PayPal or venmo or customers could set up to pay from their bank as a transfer of funds.

Rachel Gibbs

This is a super program for hairdressers!!

Reviewed 2018-02-28

Pros
easy to use and set up to your needs. well done A++++++ Particularly, for hairdressers I think, when it comes to colour services, being able to set it up so you can automatically have your colour application time and processing time and finishing time all automatic once you have easily set it up Super!!

Cons
That its not linked directly to square. Square is great and easy to use without the monthly fees!! It would be amazing if Ova2u could link up with square to we didn't have to jump out of one program and into another, as all our prices are set up in ova2u it would totally top it off if it was supported by square.

Response from Ovatu

Hi Rachel,
Thanks so much for the amazing review! It means a lot!!
Just to let you know, Ovatu does now offer Square integration, you can find out more about it here: https://ovatu.com/updates/square-integration

Kim Cramond

Brilliant service, almost 24/7 care. The system works perfectly for me.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
I really like how attentive the support team are. The system works really well, simple to use and navigate but when you dig deeper, there are so many more uses for the system, like reporting, tracking sale etc. You can use it simply as a diary or a way to run your whole business.

Cons
The only issue we ever have is if staff don't sync their phones and the bookings don't show on everyone's phones or iPads. This is completely user error so cannot be blamed on the system!

Valerie Tait

This app has been an invaluable tool to myself as a small business. Tech support has been great!

Reviewed 2017-08-03

reminders sent to clients. I did not want online booking capabilty so I control my schedule.

Pros
My schedule is right there! And i love how detailed the reporting options can be. Tech support is mostly quick but always responsive!

Cons
Changing a booked appointment; have to scroll through my entire list of services. Search option would be great. Having to go back and back to reach main toolbar. Having tool bar remain visible would be great! ie. on schedule page then wanting to see roster for that week.

Nicole Moore

I have been using Ovatu for several years now and I'm always impressed by the ongoing improvements.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Pros
Ovatu is easy to use for both staff and owners. The POS is brilliant but it's the functionality for me as an owner that I love. I can track staff performance, income, stock levels and so much more. Booking reminders are brilliant and so necessary. It has saved my business truck loads of money as it helps reduce those dreaded "no-shows".

Cons
I find occasionally the software can be a little "laggy" at times but this is usually resolved with regular updates.

Lisa Paterson

Excellent system

Reviewed 2017-08-02

More bookings from online customers Less no shows as it has a great reminders system Great to capture deposits Easy to track employee performance

Pros
Easy to use Great reporting Ovatu You app So many great features and functions at a great price for small businessess

Cons
Only set to weekly roster , fortnightly would help us greatly Waitlist feature is great but if it had an automated reply feature to the customers when appointments became available that they requested it would be a great help

Andrea Bath

I was looking for a fully computerised system to rival the ones I used in NHS for a long time

Reviewed 2017-08-02

This software revolutionised how I run my clinic- saves me time-its very professional-it sends emails and text reminders which are all customiseable and much more.... I recommend this system to all my clients in business.

Pros
It's like a member of staff at the fraction of the cost. I love that the team will develop areas of the system to work for your clinic and I've been with OVatu almost from the start

Anna M

Ovatu

Reviewed 2019-02-27

Pros
I have been with Ovatu for years. I am very impressed with the software and all the features that make running a salon much easier. The Ovatu team goes above and beyond to make the Ovatu experience easy and effective. Any assistance that is needed, not only are they more than happy to help but the speed in which they do this always amazes me. You won’t be disappointed in Ovatu!

Cons
So far Ovatu has addressed all my needs.

Thashna Ainley

Great experience but improvement needed

Reviewed 2017-08-03

A work interactive booking system and accounting for business

Pros
Accessibility anytime anywhere Patient appointment reminder messages.

Cons
Can't look at specific lists by the touch of button. No Active Birthday reminder for the practitioner. Keeps deleting the discounts after they have been set. Have to open the appointment to see names as sometimes hidden in 10 minute slots on the mobile app. Can't add pics via mobile app to marketing emails as photos on phone incompatible.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Wendy Frye

Very easy to use!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Makes my job easier and more efficient

Pros
I think I have been using Ovatu for approximately 10 years, I had a couple of problems and contacted them they got back with me and fix my problem with in 24 hours. It was very easy to contact them and very easy to work with him.

Cons
The thing that I do not like is when my customers respond to a text it does not come to me in the form of a text it comes to me in the form of an email.

Lee Hetherington

Excellent, reliable faultless easy to use system,

Reviewed 2017-08-06

It has saved our company many hours and cut down our missed appointments by around 90% Again saving on costs. It has also made us look much more professional and slick.

Pros
Reliability!!!!hardly ever had a problem and when we have it's been sorted out very quickly. We would not change to another product because this is 100% the one for ourselves.

Katrina Edwards

Love love love these guys!! They go above and beyond! Always easy to reach and deal with.

Pros

Cons
Can't think of any. Perhaps more couloir options for treatment categories? Would like option to use themes in the background and Birthday pop ups & loyalty points per price views on client booking on the description so you can see it as soon as you open in the mornings & we don't miss them.

Andrew Romano

Great software and very helpful support staff

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Management of clients/appointments/stock inventory system-all at the touch of a button anywhere in the world! It's pretty awesome I must say. In the past, it was lacking some features but it is constantly in development and the features that team have added have now made it awesome-we can do pretty much everything we want on the software.

Pros
Software integration on all popular devices-we can access and edit our appointments/client details at ease anywhere in the world.

Nikolas Nikolaou

me,my partner and my customers live with it 24/7. Is that enough?

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Value for money. Easy to use. A lot of features to integrate with customers. Book OnLine. Reports.

Pros
Value for money for ALL these features the app is giving us. The easy way/steps for customers to book OnLine and be informed.

Cons
Perhaps some features/filters more to be come in reports tab just to have easily and fully the option to dig and help us in data analysis. the option to have in my language (Greek) the SMS

Cortney Johnson

I have been using Ovatu for 4 years now and love the ease and value of your service.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

I can reach more clients with the ease of booking on-line. I use this software as my website as well.

Pros

Cons
Would like more options like paying for services and gif certificates on-line. My clients find if they don't save there reservations emails they can't rebook or review my service.

Jackie van Heerden

Overall great experience.

Reviewed 2017-08-03

Pros
The reminder SMSs that get sent to the customers. Adding services & customers is very easy. Once I found out "secret" steps on how to use or find some of the functions then my previous frustrations were dissolved. Great support!

Cons
Creating Sales: There are definitely more user-friendly changes that I would suggest to be made. We've had to adapt to make it work for us.

Raine Hewlett

Best booking system I’ve ever used

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Highly recommend! Even when there were slight hiccups for me setting it up, customer service (I have dealt with where amazing!) cleared it up so fast. Best value you’ll find!

Pros

Cons
Email notifications to customers could be “fancier”. I’m just reaching for something here because it’s requiring me to lol

Liz Guthrie

Fantastic, Revolutionised my booking system. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Time saving Reports on sales, bookings, performance Less no shows, due to reminders Customisable client notifications Great value for money

Pros
The support from Ovatu is world class. Questions are prompltly responded to, training is great. The sotware is easy to use for salon and clients. Ovatu generates detailed information which has literally have my admin time. The reminder and follow up emails are invaluable to my business.

Cons
Android app takes a bit of getting used to and is less user friendly than iOS or desktop versions. Some procedures in android app require several steps which can be a little time consuming. However Ovatu are very responsive and are working towards shortcuts.

Sallyann Penaluna

Excellent program. Dave you are so helpful and always so quick to respond and help with any problems

Reviewed 2017-08-03

Pros
online booking is fantastic. It has changed my business. The mobile and ipad app is fantastic. All my staff can log in and see their roster and bookings which makes life easy for everyone.

Cons
Sometimes the flexibility of the online booking rules in the background is a bit limited. It would be good to be able to set up personalised reporting functionalities.

David Pilsner

Ovatu has been a wonderful asset to my business. It's easy to use for me and for my clients.

Reviewed 2017-08-02

It helps me schedule my clients and keep track of lessons and payments.

Pros
I like that it works consistently well. I have had no real problems. When I have had a small problem or was unsure of how to do something, the customer service has been good and fast.

Tina Gauthier

Great

Super convenient booking

Pros
Love that this is an app and able to use online also and all my devices. Wish i would have used this app years ago.

Cons
Wish i could tap a time to book appts from the appointment calender vs scrolling down to find a time. Also would like an easier check out process online without having to open up sale so i can add tip.

Joshua Malpas

My little office manager in my pocket!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

Ability to run and manage our appointments every day within the one app

Pros
Keeps me running to schedule and manages a large part of my business, allows us to all synchronise even though we are all in different parts of the city every day.

Cons
Wish there was a more in depth customer reporting function... such as by last appointment, money spent, services used etc.

Verena Joyce

An easy scheduling app we use it for our monile crane business

Reviewed 2017-08-03

Easy convenient scheduling keeps our business running smoothly

Pros
Simple layout simple job entry without having to enter quotes. Easy employee use so everyone knows what is booked for the next day

Cons
Needs some adaptation for mobile house call style bookings but works well enough. Can only edit customers on computer not devices but again not a major problem

Michelle Peckham

Best decision our salon has made! The best way to schedule.

Reviewed 2017-10-30

Pros
Customer service: we have had every question answered (even though we are in the US) within the day. This company has made modifications to our individual program to suit our needs! They have been wonderful! We also love the reminders, it keeps our clients from cancelling last minute, and we have less "no shows." Easy to use, easy to read!

Cons
There are some additional features I'm sure we could be using, however not being super tech savvy, I haven't learned how to use them yet! Along the same lines we are trying to set up a barcode scanner to use for our sales, and haven't figured that out yet, due to linking/ syncing/ compatibility.