Pet Sitter Plus Logo

Wed based software for dog walking & pet sitting businesses

Pet Sitter Plus Reviews - Page 2

JS

Janet S.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Thank goodness for Pet Sitter Plus! Lifesaver!

Overall, I couldn't be happier. I've loved it since we've started using it many years ago after struggling with another service. During our onboarding, I would ask about a feature I needed and my coach would take me right there. It was an amazing feeling!

Pros

The ability to customize the fields and the thoroughness I can be with details because of the customization. Allowing us to see when people are checking in and out and adding an approximate GPS is fantastic.

Cons

If PSP could figure out how to calculate drive time and mileage, that would be amazing! We spend a great deal of time dealing with our mileage. I wish there was a way to mark an employee unavailable/available for certain times on specific days. Not just the whole day, if that makes sense.

Thank you very much for providing this great review of our software and for your feedback about additional features. I am happy to say that some of the features you have suggested have been added to our future development list. Thanks again  Richard Richard Booty  CEO  Pet Sitter Plus

CC

Carol C.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

I have enjoyed using PSP for 11 years.

Pros

It is easy to schedule, and invoice clients. The customizable client database is really great as well.

Cons

You can not shut down future dates to client requests. For example, if on November 1st I am already booked solid for Christmas I can not turn off requests for the Christmas date, I have to shut down all visits from November 1st through December 25th. Over the many years this has caused me to loose a ton of revenue in missed visits and admin work when I receive emails for visits on the dates I do have availability. This has been the hardest obstacle to work around and will be the main reason why I decide to leave. I am giving till the end of 2024 and then I have to make the change if this is not a feature that is added.

Thank you Carol. As a much-valued client for many years, we thank you for your feedback and additional feature suggestions. I am happy to tell you that blocking off dates in the client portal is one of our next big projects to work on as well as a Calendar view and Xero Integration. You might also like to know that we have some soon to be released new features with our QuickBooks integration and exciting enhancements to the Planner. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review of our software and our team would love the opportunity to personally discuss any features or issues you may be having. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

LD

Lucy D.

Utilities, 1-10 employees

5 Star Petsitting Software!

I've streamlined everything through PSP so everything runs through the software (bookings, invoices, wages, client data, email templates). This has made my life a lot easier and I've had more time to grow the business. I'm really excited about using the new features PSP will be offering in the future!

Pros

PSP is very easy to use. I found the initial training sessions over the phone very helpful. The customer support team are always available when you need help with any of the features. Using PSP has saved me so much admin time. Before using PSP I duplicated a lot of my work and at times i was working on admin late at night to get everything done. PSP condenses everything and I like how the client is in charge of their booking and everything is in the one place. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been my main point of contact and she's been a wonderful help!

Cons

Transferring existing client data to the PSP database was quite a time consuming process but that had nothing to do with PSP...that was more to do with my previous data storage system. So i had to do a lot of data entry to set things up.

This is a wonderful review Lucy. Thank you for taking the time to write it and we are delighted that you are getting so many benefits from using our software. I am really pleased to hear that you feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this review. We have also been delighted to welcome your sister to the business too! Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

TS

Tim S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Well Designed & Documented, Customizable, Total Software Solution for Your Pet-Sitting Business!

My wife and I are SO encouraged to have all of her client information, dog information and schedules transferred from calendars, notebooks and Post-It notes!!! We couldn't be more pleased with our choice of Pet Sitter Plus!

Pros

As an eCommerce professional with over 20 years of progressive experience working in Internet technology, I have worked with more software solutions for various tasks than I can begin to count. Some well designed and documented. Some not. Having just completed several training sessions with my PSP Software Coach, and having nearly finished configuring and customizing the software for my wife's dog...

Cons

Because this software is so full-featured and customizable, learning how to use it is not for the faint of heart! Fortunately, I am a very analytical guy, so between coach's excellent training and thorough documentation I did fine configuring the software and adding all of my wife's clients and dogs, as well as their schedules. Those not analytically inclined need to go into this being patient with themselves, trusting that they can count on their software coach to guide them through the entire process.

Thank you so much for this fantastic review Tim. It's great to hear that you continue to feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this superb review and that you love Pet Sitter Plus! We will continue to be there to support you as you business grows and develops. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

Luz G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Pet Sitter Plus is Top Notch for us!

I am extremely please with Pet Sitter Plus, the software, and with the people behind the scenes that run it. I have had nothing but positive experiences with both, that surpass my wildest expectations! I can truly not imagine doing without it. Acquiring it has been the best business decision I have made for my small, yet growing, business. I have complete confidence that they will be alongside me, as I grow and expand. Lastly, their rates are very fair and reasonable! They are worth every penny of my investment in them!

Pros

Pet Sitter Plus has been a definite plus for my small business! It is an extremely robust software that does more than I ever imagined or expected. Scheduling is a breeze and it allows me to have peace of mind. I am able to review schedules by the Day, the Week or the Month, and to catch any potential mistakes ahead of time. My Independent Contractors and office assistants are delighted and very...

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about Pet Sitter Plus. I have had nothing but positive experiences with it. I haven't yet implemented all of its features, so I'm not fully versed in all of its capabilities, though. This has nothing to do with anything lacking from Pet Sitter Plus or my trainer. I have just been taking my time to implement features at my own timing, which is something that I also appreciate. Nobody is pushing me to use all of the available features, but they're always there to work with me at my own pace. I really appreciate that!

Thank you so much Luz for this fantastic review. It's great to hear that you continue to feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this superb review and that you love Pet Sitter Plus! We will continue to be there to support you as you business grows and develops. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

LS

Laura S.

Package/Freight Delivery,

We could not run our business without this great bit of software...

We would not be able to run our business without this software, it allows us the time and freedom to get on with other things and develop further our services.

Pros

First and foremost the excellent, speedy customer services. The team are wonderful and every time we have needed help, we've never had to wait - someone is always at the end of an email or phone call. It's so rare to get such a great personal service and even though this company has grown since we first started using the software, this area of their business has remained first class and that's what...

Cons

There's not a lot that we don't like and anything that might need attention, we drop the company an email with our ideas and they go through them at software meetings and if you're lucky, it might be on the next software release, they are always developing the system further. We would like to be able to search on pets birthdays so that we can send them cards and birthday treats, just always looking to delight our clients and would like more diary features and integration with an electronic signature company for the signing of our documents, so are keeping our fingers crossed for the next software release.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software Laura. It has always been a pleasure to support you and we hope to continue doing so for many years to come. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

XH

Xuan H.

11-50 employees

Pet Sitter Plus has enabled my pet business to grow by leaps and bounds! Could not rave enough!

Pet Sitter Plus has enable Tails of the City Pet Care and Born to Run Pet Fitness the ability to centralize all client ' pet details for easy access by managers and sitters/walkers. As a mobile-based business, the ability to retrieve important information on schedules, emergency contacts and pet care routines has made life for our managers and sitters so much easier. Allowing us to handle complicated...

Pros

I started Tails of the City Pet Care in DC in 2002. During the early years, pet sitting had not exploded as it has now so the available pet sitting software was extremely lacking. It was just as easy to manage using spreadsheets and Quickbooks. To cater to the ever growing pet professionals, there are now more options out there with sophisticated, powerful features that cannot easily be replicated....

Cons

Thank you Xuan so much for this fantastic review. It's great to hear that you continue to feel that we have been a great partner for you. We really appreciate this brilliant review. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

Chun Soon L.

11-50 employees

We once built schedules, invoices and payroll reports - all manually. PSP has been a GAME CHANGER.

Saves a ton of time, helps us focus on new client acquisition and employee training rather than the rote back-end stuff

Pros

About 4 years ago, we evaluated PSP, Pet Tech and other similar systems, (and in recent years, we cast a sideways glance at newer, app-based solutions like Leash Time and Time to Pet) -- while some of these services may seem as robust, or have a slicker user interface, we've found that PSP provides all the features a company of our size needs... and is uniquely able to scale with us. We're now at...

Cons

Well, we're in NYC so some of the terminology in PSP takes a little getting used to. For example, "Diary" will always conjure a tween girl's secret journal, not the daily schedules of our employees... and it's always a little charming to "raise" our clients' invoices rather than send them. I'd say the biggest example of this language difference, or perhaps more a cultural one, is that in the USA when...

Thank you Chun-Soon very much for providing this great review of our software and for your feedback about how we could improve the language interface. I am happy to say that this is being looked at in our new interface. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

LW

Laura W.

Absolutely Amazing Time Saving

I really liked the fact they pair you up with a coach to walk you through everything. It was really reassuring having that person we could go to with any questions. We've been using the system for about 3-4 months now and we've got all of our customers and staff into it. Whereas there's often pushback to change, I can honestly say that the reaction has been overwhelmingly positive on both sides.

Pros

It's very customisable - we trialled a lot of options and found so many that were limited - for example could only do walking and not boarding, couldn't do invoicing, couldn't do timesheeting, could do boarding, but couldn't do a csv export. As we offer so many different services and have quite a lot of customisation, we really needed something that could do it all. With the ongoing cost of living crisis, when reviewing options, cost was also critical. Pet Sitter Plus was one of the most, if not the most economical option, and because it did absolutely everything it meant although we started out looking for just a scheduling system, we could actually streamline several of our platforms into Pet Sitter Plus and save hugely on subscription fees overall.

Cons

Because it's so customisable, I can see there being quite a steep learning curve for complex businesses or for people with limited experience of software or computers etc. Having said that, I think we must fall into the category of one of the more complicated set ups in terms of all of the services we offer and the fact we ended up merging four separate platforms into one, and it was absolutely fine. Their customer service is amazing, our coach was brilliant, breaking the set up process down into chunks and always being on hand to answer questions and recommendations.

This is a wonderful review Laura. Thank you for taking the time to write it and we are delighted that you are getting so many benefits from using our software. I am really pleased to hear that you feel that we have been a great partner for you and we will continue to be there to support you as your business grows and develops.  Thanks again  Richard Richard Booty  CEO  Pet Sitter Plus

MK

Melissa K.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

I love that clients can access their accounts, but there are some changes I would like to see.

my overall goal is to spend less time at consultations and at the computer updating client information. It has only been a month and we are still dealing with adapting. So, it may be too soon to tell if I am 100% happy I switched to PSP. But so far what I appreciate most is the customer service, specifically Becky Eberly. She has been such a great support in helping me learn the system. Without her, I would have been a wreck.

Pros

clients are able to log in to update information as well as request or cancel services

Cons

Development changes requests: 1. when a sitter is in a clients account and looks at the schedule, I would like the sitter to be able to click on the name of another sitter assigned to other sits for that client. to access their contact information 2. When tips are allocated to the appropriate sitters when a client makes an online payment, I would like the sitter to be able to either be notified or...

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. It's much appreciated and we are glad to be of service to you and that Becky has been such a welcome support to you. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

AT

Angie T.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Money well spent and time saved= Happy Days!

Time saving, easy for staff to use and see their work load. Usability on mobile so I'm not always needing my laptop.

Pros

Once set up (can be time consuming for a established company) this will save time and headaches with all aspects of business from invoicing to planning diaries and staff. I have used Petsitter for 5 years + and always found the company most helpful even with my silly little questions! Customer service is top notch. There have been "bugs", however, they have always been ironed out and dealt with in a professional and quick manor while keeping me (and other I assume) full informed of updates. I have even made suggestions of things I would like in the software and they have managed to run my ideas into the software! How often do you get listened to that well? I love Petsitter and wouldn't be without it now. Thanks to all the team who have made my life easier :)

Cons

I didn't find it sooner! Other than that I can not fault this software and can not recommend it highly enough, if you have a pet business you should have this software!!!! (I'm not being paid for this review!!!)

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and it continues to be a pleasure to support you. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

EM

Ericka M.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Was not customizable to suit my business.

It was very informative and gave me ideas on intake forms and the setting up of my online appointments, payments etc.

Pros

That it was user friendly and had pre made client intake forms.

Cons

Although it helped that they had the software set up to help give you a boost. The software couldn’t be changed to fit with the needs of my business. It just focused on just pet Sitting I was unable to incorporate the Grooming services I provide to clients online.

GB

Genevieve B.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Incredible Support

I am a sole trader in Dog Training and Behaviour. I used to have to write out my invoices by hand, had a personal address book for my clients and was stuffed if I didn't have a client's details on me when I was travelling because I couldn't access them easily. Not only does PSP fix all of these issues (invoices automatically, easy client look up, access via mobile) they offer incredible, friendly and prompt customer service when needed. They also were happy to save my details for later when I needed to take a step back for monetary reasons during the COVID crisis, even though I wanted to continue with the product when my business was back up and running. (Did not hold me for ransom!)

Pros

Pet Sitter Plus is extremely user friendly, and the few things I got stuck on I know I would have support with in no time!

Cons

Honestly, I haven't encountered anything I disliked about the software. It has features I do not need or use but they are easy to switch off!

Dear Genevieve, This is a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to write it and we are delighted that you are getting so many benefits from using our software. I am really pleased to hear that you feel that we have been a great partner for you during the Covid-19 crisis. We really appreciate this review. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

KC

Karen C.

Love this program

I can now organize my dog visits, boarding and daycare in such a short time. I now have time to work one expanding my business!

Pros

I have been using PSP for over 3 years now, and can not do without it! It is easy to use for everyone, me, my employees and my clients. My clients love the fact that they can schedule their services online. The real time visit updates and GPS confirmation of arrival is an excellent tool. My clients love receiving pictures of dogs during the actual visit! There all a lot of reports that can help...

Cons

The only con is that you can not change the invoice once it is sent. It does cause confusion for some of my clients.

Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and it continues to be a pleasure to support you and help you to grow your business. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

LM

Leslie M.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

The best!

Our experience has been beyond EXCELLENT! The support is top notch, quick, clear, thoughtful, skilled and timely. The features are everything we need and more. I can't say enough good things!

Pros

The ease of use and thoughtful features make this the best choice for our Dog Walking business. There are so many hepful features and it is 100 percent clear that someone who understands the ins and out of the pet walking/ sitting industry created the software.

Cons

The only thing that can require timing on our end is training our walkers on the system. This is not exactly a con. There are great built in tutorials for them.

This is a wonderful review Leslie. Thank you for taking the time to write it and we are delighted that you are getting so many benefits from using our software.  Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and it continues to be a pleasure to support you.  Thanks again  Richard Richard Booty  CEO  Pet Sitter Plus

MG

Michelle G.

1-10 employees

Great software reviewed by House Pets Spa - Pet groomer & Pet care company

Bookkeeping, diary, invoicing online, customer portal, terms and conditions agreed, visit update for owners.

Pros

I have used this software for over 4 years and have recommended it to other local companies who have also bought and used it. As a qualified book keeper I can confirm the invoicing system allows your year end figures to be given at a simple click of a button. It allows HMRC to see what is scheduled e.g. Your diary is your income (especially useful with cash businesses) it allows you to keep track of customer payments and outstanding amounts allowing you to simply email a account summary to them with a request for payment if needed. It's simple to see your diary schedule and to add any details you need to keep things up to date. The customer portal allowing customers to request services online and frees up our time answering the phone.

Cons

As with every software things can always be improved but this is not much of a con as every time I email a request for a new feature it has inevitably been added in an update.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this positive review. You have been a valued client for many years now and so it is great that you still feel that we continue to support you well. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

AD

Annie D.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Truly the Best Pet Care Mgmt System

Very grateful PSP exists! Their software best fits our needs and their support helps with anything complex I encounter using the platform.

Pros

Somehow very few pet care software platforms offer the option for tipping?? That was essential to me. Pet Sitter Plus handles the scheduling logistics in a very clean way and it's built with attention to pet needs specifically, and doesn't require a ton of tailoring to get a build you like. I went through soooo many softwares trying to find one that was a good fit for my biz and PSP was by far the best I found.

Cons

The learning curve for building some of the systems (like recurring invoicing) wasn't hyper intuitive, but their customer care team is very helpful and thorough via email and on video calls so it's been a non issue.

This is a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to write it and we are delighted that you are getting so many benefits from using our software.  Your positive feedback is very much appreciated and it continues to be a pleasure to support you.  Thanks again  Richard Richard Booty  CEO  Pet Sitter Plus

Nick O.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Just what I needed

Fantastic experience with PSP! Free trial - excellent option to spend time figuring out if the system is for you. The customer service support you get is second to none! Very quick to help you, very patient, friendly & understanding. Can’t rate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] CS high enough!

Pros

There are a few Pros to this software. The diary/planner. The email templates are so so useful! The invoicing side of things is a breeze.

Cons

I don’t know how possible it is but automation for other payment services than Stripe would be great. Also, a ‘Birthday report’ in the same way there’s a ‘vaccination report’. Payment services such as PayPal and bank transfer. It’s rather complicated to use. Could be more user friendly but like with anything, it gets easier the more time you spend with it.

Thank you very much for providing this great review of our software and for your feedback about additional features. I am happy to say that most of the features you require is on the short term development list, and we will be in touch with you directly about PayPal as this is available to you to use. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

SH

Stephanie H.

11-50 employees

PSP is the best petsitting software out there!

I started using PSP in 2014 as my business grew and it was impossible to manually handle everything from schedules to invoices to compensation. After doing some research I spoke to Richard Booty because his was the only software company that would call me (instead of it all being a sign up process online). I liked how customizable the system was and that he would schedule Skype interviews with me to help me set it up to work for my business. Now every time I have a question I always hear back from him or a colleague within 24 hours, and sometimes even within a couple hours! they are fast, friendly and it feels very personal. PSP comes out with service releases that always improve the software on a regular basis. PSP is the way to go!

Pros

its very customizable to how you run your business. the interface is nice and clean. I like how the software has a sitter, client portal as well.

Cons

That once you raise an invoice you can't automatically add more visits from the service request into that same Service Order. We invoice ahead of time.

Hi Stephanie, Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software and our service. Your positive feedback is extremely valuable and very much appreciated. With kind regard Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

SB

Samantha B.

Great software and service

Pros

I have been a user of this software from its very early days. It has been developed with the users rather than just by software developers. This means it really works for pet sitting and walking companies, big and small. There are so many features, all developed from feedback from the users. I feel that they really listen to any feedback or issues you might have. It is extremely reliable. I can...

Cons

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software. It has always been a pleasure to support you and we hope to continue doing so for many years to come. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

GK

Gary K.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Helps a lot for owning a business.

Pros

ease to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

the extensive work needed if you have different pricing situations, and services. And you have to change EVERYTHING every time you change a price

EF

Ed F.

Simply Superb

I run a small but successful dog walking company in the UK. We have over 100 regular customers and typically schedule 250 bookings per week across 3 walkers. Before using this system I had tried various others however none were as intuitive or had the required features to do the job quickly and easily. PSP makes managing bookings simple by allowing me to attribute dogs to particular areas for each...

Cons

Thank you Ed for this glowing review. It is fantastic to receive this. I remember training you myself some time ago and it is gratifying to hear that you have enjoyed using our system and appreciate our service. Thank you once again. Richard

BO

Becky O.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Best product that I have encountered!

Pros

Pet Sitter Plus is the best product that I have encountered, and I have done tons of research on pet sitting software. My company manages hundreds of walks a day and we need a software that works effectively for our clients, our field team, and our office team to get the job done. We need to manage occasional vacation care and repeat services with ease. Our clients want something easy to use to manage...

Cons

Every pet sitting business runs differently, so it is impossible to create a software product that does everything for everyone, but Pet Sitter Plus comes close. My biggest con with the system is with the invoicing when a client changes their schedule. The original invoice is a static document, so it will not reflect the changes made. I am not used to this and neither are my clients. It is their biggest complaint and confusion.

Thanks for writing this fantastic review Becky. It was a great experience working with you and your team in 2017 to get you live on Pet Sitter Plus. We appreciate your valuable feedback and look forward to partnering with you in the years to come. Best Regards Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

SH

Shannon H.

This software is EVERYTHING you need to run your pet sitting business!

Billing, invoicing, scheduling, employee compensation and vacation request, client info, etc!

Pros

I don't know what I'd do without this software! From scheduling to billing and invoices, everything is run efficiently and effortlessly. I have gained SO much free time by using PSP, and my employees and clients also love it! The customer service is also top-notch! When you sign up, they have someone walking you through every single step, and they are there for you when you have any questions!

Cons

Although I do love this software, it is less "pretty" than others I've tried out. It's efficiency definitely makes up for it though! They also don't have any app, but are supposed to be coming out with one very soon!

Thank you Shannon very much for providing this great review of our software and for your feedback about additional features. I am happy to say that the 'new look' interface will be more appealing and we are sure you will like it. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus

TA

Tess A.

Life changing!

Saves me tons of time. Keeps us organized for scheduling, billing, payroll, and an easy reference point for revenue and compensation comparison.

Pros

PSP has been life changing for myself and my managers! Tasks that used to take me hours (and hour and hours) like invoicing can now be done in minutes, in bulk! It's also very user friendly and the customer service is top notch! Customer representative and company are responsive and seem eager to hear suggestions and the software continues to improve with regular updates. I'm very impressed and grateful! I highly recommend!

Cons

There is some room for improvement with the GPS feature, but it's something I know they're already working on.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our software and our service. Your positive feedback is extremely valuable and very much appreciated. Our next release is due out early May 2017 and I hope very much that you find the new features beneficial. Thanks again Richard Richard Booty CEO Pet Sitter Plus