PetExec Reviews

PetExec

Cloud-based pet care business management system.

PetExec

Good quality, not really easy to use

Pros

If you can code by yourself you can do almost any personalization

Cons

If you can't code by yourself you need often to ask for assistance

Positive experience with a couple annoyances

Definitely a learning curve to switching, but it is meeting our needs.

Pros

Fairly flexible and full featured. Pretty quick to get functional.

Cons

Navigation can involve what seem like extra clicks - making a change then backing all the way out to the dashboard to make a couple clicks back to the screen you want. Pricing is good, but less flexible than some (can't make an employee discount % to apply to all services for all those in the pricing class for example). Nothing that is mission critical, but noticeable.

Great Software

I just need to get PetExec hooked up to a payment system and then we'd really be rockin.

Pros

I love the email blasts! They are easy to use and a great simple solution for everyone to read. I also love being able to have everything in one spot.

Cons

How many different things there are to learn. It can be difficult to teach others how to use the software.

PetExec is great and love that it keeps getting better

We are quite pleased with PetExec. The customer service has been amazing and are so quick to respond. With each update, it just keeps getting better and better. They really listen to their customers feature requests and continue to roll out new, relevant features that in the end make our lives easier.

Pros

All of the features that continue to be added.

Cons

Sometimes clunky....have to go through too many steps for simple result

Awesome pet software!

I use PetExec every day at work - it's very fast and user-friendly! I would recommend this program to anyone in the pet field!

Pros

Very user savvy and fast.

Cons

Sometimes glitches up.

Petexec review

Its a good program, pretty easy to use but sometimes it crashes and it is very frustrating. There is a lot of back and forth with clicking of the buttons so that could be eliminated to make it more functional.

Pros

I like that the tabs are really easy to use and they are all right there, I like how easy it is to make grooming appointments.

Cons

I don't like that there is so much back and forth with the buttons, I feel like there could be an easier way to get around the program.

overall good program

I am happy with this program as I use all features (daycare, boarding, grooming and training) I do wish that the program could be more custom to the exact needs of each business, since my company has different pricing options for weekday and weekends it is very difficult to use for this and you have to go into every dog's boarding info and change each day manually. I do like the check in and check...

Love this software!

Simple and easy to use, ive never experienced any problems with the program. When hiring new help they catch on to the program with ease

Cons

Growing software for managing your pet day care or boarding business

Pros

This software is easy to use and very straight forward. There's not much of a learning curve for users or clients. There's instant access to chat support for any help you might need. It's visually appealing and makes it easy to schedule appointments and track customers. New features are added often, and it's reasonably priced.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while for requested features to be added, but I feel like this is a growing platform that will only continue to improve. Every once in a while there's something I don't understand, but their customer service/tech support is outstanding and they're able to help fix it.

The Best!

Everything is so easy to use and the customer service is the best in the industry! I really enjoy using PetExec software.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Boring interface .

I love using petexec

Experience has been great ! Haven't had an issue which has been completely amazing ! Will recommend to others

Pros

The easiness of the software !

Cons

Nope

Improvements Are Fantastic!

PetExec has been so responsive to any questions I've had, and it's an extremely user-friendly software. Thank you, PetExec! We love you!

Cons

Although new to PetExec, it has already proven to be an asset in our kennel and grooming business

We have just started implementing PetExec in our business, and although it was different than our last software, it has been easy to catch onto for both our younger AND older employees!

Pros

I personally like the ease of checkout of the pets and the ability to send an email to promote or remind to all customers in our data base.

Cons

It did take some of our younger employees a little time to adjust to the new software and some had to have multiple lessons, but I assume this is normal for any new software and changes in general.

PetExec is fantastic, easy to use, easy to pull off reports and brilliant back up service.

I doesn't take long to find your way around PetExec, and in the two years we've been using it, the PetExec team have constantly found ways to make it even easier and better to use. I love the fact also that we don't have to store it on our computers, it makes it great for tapping into the daily activities from anywhere and any computer to see how the day is shaping up. Having looked at the other products out there, I think we absolutely made the right decision to go with PetExec. Also, even though we are in New Zealand, I feel like admin. are just around the corner to help with anything we need or any questions answered - well done team, LOVE IT!!!

Cons

Toni, it is so great to know there are such wonderful dog lovers in New Zealand. It is so great to be a part of your company growth. Keep up the amazing work you started for many years to come! ~ Paula

Love PetExec

PetExec does everything needed to properly run my business. It's a wonderful CRM system plus a million other great features that we are learning about everyday. You don't have to know how to do EVERYTHING it offers right away to get started in your business. As things have picked up we are figuring out how to utilize its offerings. Customer service if off the charts amazing and the system is never down. It's fast and very reliable. Setting up our credit card system was very fast and easy. They basically held my hand through the process and made me feel like i wasn't putting them out. It's really top of the line in technology but very easy to learn and use.

Cons

Thank You Melissa! We feel very passionate about what we do and love hearing about your experience. We look forward to working together for many more happy years to come!

Excellent program, easy to use and the customer support is amazing!

PetExec is heads and tails the best program out there for doggy daycare and boarding. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The program is easy to use and has all the features needed for tracking and organization. I would definitely recommend this program!

Pros

It is easy to use and has all the features that are necessary to run a daycare and boarding business.

Cons

It is sometimes hard to find things or figure out how to use but once you know where to find something that goes away:)

Petexe review

Overall we have been very thankful for its organization of handeling our business. We reccomend this software. We wish we could purchase a license copy.

Pros

Works great

Cons

Learning how to use it for new employees

User-friendly with a few minor glitches

I had an easy time learning this software, and teaching other people how to use it as well. There have been a few hiccups along the way, and a few features we'd like to see implemented (like being able to assign daycare dogs to a kennel just like we do with boarding dogs, for example, or being able to easily rearrange the "boarding by kennel" section when we add new crates). For the most part though, on a daily basis, petexec serves our needs as a business and helps us book and process hundreds of transactions per week. Thanks Petexec!

Pros

I like how easy it is to schedule daycare, boarding, etc.

Great, highly recommend!

Great software, highly recommends. My only frustration with it is how confusing it can be to set up. I've even used the golden paw program, but still feel a little unprepared. I fully comprehensive manual would be wonderful.

Pros

How customizable it is and it being in the cloud so you do not have to constantly back up. Love the online support as well.

Cons

It can be very confusing when first setting up and getting used to. Really kind of wish there was an all inclusive manual to reference.

A+ Customer Service!

It is obvious the staff at PetExec really care about their product and customers. They have been available for my questions and to help at all hours and most days. Pet care options are so varied today no product could possibly cover everything for everyone. None-the-less PetExec is so responsive to requests by its customers it comes closer than any other software I've seen in this category. I've been...

Cons

Great! Just a few things.

The overall product is great. It is easy to learn and easy to use. I would only change just a couple of things. Firstly, there should be an option to print a grooming pdf directly from the grooming appointment page. It is a hassle to exit the page and pull up the grooming schedule in order to print the document. I also think that previous grooming prices should be viewable on the grooming appointment page. To find a previous groom price you have to go to the modify pet screen and pull up the grooming history. I think that these changes would make the product that much better. I do like how easy it is to pull up histories and reports and have an up to date listing of all available kennels. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for boarding/daycare/grooming management software.

Petexec review

I use petexec at work. It is significantly more user-friendly than the old system we were using, which I love! Checking dogs in and out is so easy and adding products to the cart is great! Taking mistakes in the cart out after checking someone out is a bit of a difficulty though because I have to locate the purchase history instead of being able to just go back to the cart. This is problematic if a customer changed their mind or I make a purchase mistake and the customer has to wait until I can make the edit to their cart. I wish that was easier to do. Report cards are a great tool for customers to feel like we are paying attention to their animals without them having to call to check in every day. Overall, petexec is awesome and I'm very happy my place of employment uses it.

Cons

New user - so far so good!

I just started with PetExec about a month ago after switching from Pawloyalty, which had tons of buggy features and terrible customer support. It's been night and day so far. The pet exec team are friendly, get back to you almost immediately and are super helpful. They have so many great features in their system and I'm excited to keep learning about it and using it to its full potential!

Pros

Customer service, various features, layout and design

Cons

Customer service, various features, layout and design

Pet Exec Review Paws At Play

Pros

Overall Pet Exec is a very good system. Creators issue constant updates for ease of use & functionality. Yellow areas to assist you in training work very well for new staff we are training. Would like to have an option to move pets from one enclosure to another during busy holidays and also see if a pet is arriving or departing from that enclosure when selecting a separate boarder enclosure to prevent overlap with pets departing and arriving in same suite. Overall pleased with Pet Exec.

Cons

Thank you Julie! We love working with you. You will love the boarding changes coming up in PetExec 3.3 in October!

Strong customer service support and good functionality

We have used PetExec for our business for the past 8 years. We were one of the early adopters for PetExec. One of the things we have liked is that through the years they have been very responsive to suggestions for improvement and bug fixes. The online format is useful as we often are checking accounts or managing from offsite. The downside is that the program does not have an offline option that can be used in the event of an outage. The format is easy enough to use but the layout and look could use an update to be more user-friendly and intuitive. Overall we have been very pleased and although we have found other software that addresses some of the issues we have with PetExec. We prefer to stay with a company that has proven itself for almost a decade.