PetLinx

Grooming, boarding kennel & cattery, doggy daycare software

PetLinx Reviews

Andrew P.

Andrew P.

Overall I think this is the best program out there. I have looked at others to see if I am missing any thing, and for the price and reliability I have the best.

Vonda D.

Cons

It's really hard to find a pet booking system and I was scared to purchase one then be stuck with it.

Kelly B.

Missing features accountancy part incomplete, editing formulars are troo complicated.

Jenniefer H.

JEFF M.

4.6

Adaptability and value. After a year and half, we are very happy and satisfied with the program.

Pros

Best features are flexibility, value and service. Pet care is very often a small business that is highly individualized. Having a program that can be purchased in sections (boarding, daycare, grooming) and then having a good amount of flexibility within the program to adapt to each business is a good thing. The entire program is a good value and can be purchased outright with just service as an annual investment. The service is outstanding and responsive.

Cons

The manual is the weakest. The manual is there as well as "help on this page". However, the help index rarely seems to actually help and most explanations are brief. Sometimes you need the long version!

Thanks for your great review Sandra, we really value having you as a customer and appreciate your suggestions which are always helpful :-).

PetLinx....... in a word GREAT!

This software is a reliable and easy to use product and, we believe, good value for money. It will take a lot to beat it.

Pros

Easy to use, clear instructions, easy to transition to, fabulous timely personal support, and not a "static" product - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team continue to improve, build and refine the software to include wants and needs of its users.

Cons

I would love more financial type reports without having to upload to my accounting programme.

Thanks so much Anne, it's been our pleasure to have you as our customer :-)

Great software and fantastic support!

We have used this software for a few years now. I love how the developers continue to make it better.

Pros

The new update in 7 that sends boarding reminders with our cancellation policy attached. This will help cut down on no shows.

Cons

A way to input daily reminders for staff that will alert at a certain time

Thank you for your awesome review Melissa and great to hear you're loving the latest changes, it makes our day :-)

There are a lot of updates that could be & someone in the industry should be consulted

used as our schedule for bookings

Pros

layout and colorful design and ability to add multiple employees to the calendar as well as the right click and drop down boxes i also like that it integrates so well with cayan also the ability to make dtailed groom notes on every dog

Cons

unable to split tips between a bather and groomer on the same transaction a handful of technical glitches and i feel like an industry professional should be consulted on future updates

As this reviewer has chosen to keep their details private we can't verify that they are an actual customer, but it does appear suspicious and we have asked Capterra to remove it. A strange comment that we need to consult an "industry professional", we would like to think our customers that we interact with on a daily basis are industry professionals :-)

Use friendly and customizable

Pros

I have a new boarding and grooming business and was looking for an easy to use software to keep client and pet records organized, create and modify bookings, send reminders to clients, and allow clients to request reservations. Petlinx has it all! I started with the built in tutorials which were very easy to follow along with for initial setup and getting to know the modules. Petlinx perfectly strikes...

Cons

Connecting my work email to send email confirmations and reminders to clients was not a tech skill I have done before and I needed quite a bit of help to find the settings in my email to allow Petlinx to connect. Thankfully there is a tutorial on the way!

Thank you so much for your detailed review Megan, we're glad to have you with us :-)

Petlinx

A+++

Pros

Features and support is very responsive.

Cons

None really its a really good program that I would recommend.

Thank you Robin, we're glad you chose us and very happy to have you as our customer!

Woofys

i couldnt find a catagorie for my work (boarding kennel & doggy daycare) hence why i put Veterinary. we run a luxury dog stay (kennel & daycare) in our Castle looking over the whole of Wellington. we love PetLinx!

Pros

I like a lot of things about it. but if i had to choose would either be the range of reports you can read/print or how you can get the outstanding balances to pop up when the software is opened. and this was my google review: We use PetLinx at Woofington’s at it is great, especially after it’s latest update. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing and so easy to deal with and always has an answer to any problems we have and fixes it pretty much instantly, can’t recommend this company enough, if you have a kennel, doggy day care or grooming business I definitely recommend getting PetLinx!

Cons

We used to have more than one computer connected to PetLinx and when that was happening the software ran quite slow and would freeze regularly but now we have switched back to just the one and no network connection we have had NO problems with PetLinx. so i dont really have something a like least!

Thanks Georgia, you're always such a pleasure to deal with! Just to clarify your comment about the software running slow - you were using our Cloud edition and the slowness was due to the terrible internet you have at Woofingtons. Now that you've switched to the Desktop edition your internet is not a factor :-)

Petlinx user

Over all would recommend as it does the job

Pros

Reporting is good, able to keep track of who owes money. Ease of use

Cons

Little on the expensive side - along with the subscription each year it comes at a cost. Purchased the network edition but now it won't communicate with the database and don't want to uninstall in case the backup doesn't work.

Hi Richard, thanks for your great review, we really appreciate it! Please see Quick Answers - General Questions on our Support page for information on getting the Network edition going again, and then contact our support team for help if you continue to have issues with this.

Great software

Great software. Great customer service. They are always working on improvements which is great.

Pros

Easy to use. Really like the reports for accounting purposes.

Cons

They have an app that they are working on. Right now I have crashing problems.

Thanks for your great review Dawn! With regards to the mobile app you may be using an early version of it, please ensure you install the latest update to resolve this.

We use Petlinx grooming module for 4 years now, and the employees are willing to help you.

it saves time,

Pros

easy to use, reminder e-mails, software is also in Dutch, Petlinx helped me with the set up at the second pc.

Cons

Not possible to fill in middle names for the customer. The reminder e-mails are not sended automaticly.

Dank Je Jelle, we appreciate having you as our customer :)

The best for your business

After downloading all the demos for all the software out there, we looked at speed and ease to use. Petlinx was by far the best all around software out there. When we noticed a quirk in the software we emailed them about it and they fixed it within days, we had not bought the software at this point. They are quick to listen to our concerns and suggestions to improve and implement them. So in 2005...

Pros

The ability to see your day in the calendar and to be able to just drag and drop appointments between groomer and even between days is important. There are reports for just about everything. Easy to use. Very quick tech support.

Cons

The retail end is a little lacking - but they are working on improving that as of the time of this review.

Thanks for the great review Brian! We've appreciated having you on board for all these years and value your suggestions and know-how greatly. P.S free demo is for 30 days :-)

Its good, wont switch, but it could be better.

Pros

Easy to keep track of pets and clients, easy to keep notes on pets and clients.

Cons

Limited capabilites w/o spending more money to customize, ie reports, changing input fields, etc. New updates take away features that were useful in the past. System is a little pricey, especially for the renewal for multiple computers

Hi Jennifer, thank you for your review and we're happy to have you as a customer for 7+ years :-) Just want to clarify some of the items you have listed however: - customizing reports does not cost you anything! There's a complete report editor built in to PetLinx. Adding new custom fields for you will of course invoke a cost as it involves development time for us. - Not sure which features you...

Simple, stable and reliable !

We were looking for a simple but modern software for our boarding, we live in France and we found many sharewares, many outdated softwares that use old technology and without support. Then we tried PetLinx, we we're a little afraid to use an US program because US is not our main language but we were pleased to see that a French translation is provided. Installation is really easy and the software is updated regulary, really simple to use but powerfull, without fancy gadgets that may overload the software.

Pros

-Updates, this software is updated regulary -Tech support is really fast and open to suggestions to improve the software -Really stable -Simple and fast to use, i can add a new client and reservation in less than 1mn -Report builder is powerfull -Full demo version available

Cons

-French translation can be better (but useable) -The main view (calendar) may be more customisable (eg box1,box2 with blue background color, box3,box4 with green background color ..)

Merci beaucoup Florent! We really appreciate your great review, and are glad you have found PetLinx to your liking. French is not our first language so please feel free to send through details to us of where the translation is not quite right, and we will get it fixed. Merci encore :-)

Petlinx AAA+++

I started using Petlinx 2 or 3 in 2008, after a rocky start due to my lack of knowledge of computers and how they work I found Petlinx staff to be most helpful and always fast to respond to my questions and problems. I have just upgraded to Petlinx 5 and couldn't be happier, Having Petlinx in my salon has made a huge difference to my workload with me being able to download reports for my accountant as well as day to day tasks, stocktake is much easier as well, I love it:)

Pros

Easy to use, upgrades fix little things as the program evolves

Cons

I would like to be able to delete or move a vendor or vet, for example if they close down or are no longer required into a seperate file so that the lists are showing currently used/needed entries

Thanks very much for your great review Gail, we've appreciated having you as a customer all these years and trust we'll have many more! We've added you suggestion into our to-do list.

Petlinx software review

Modernization of bookkeeping with the grooming, able to keep accurate records of pets/owners. Overall extremely pleased.

Pros

I like the different modules taylored specifically suit my industry, which is pet grooming. It (the program) is highly customizable and has many reports that also can be modified to suit an indiviual business needs as well as integrate with your financial programs such as quickbooks. Customer service is outstanding.

Cons

It is a little difficult or at least for me to modify some of the reports, if not comfortable with computer programs, but there are tutorials and support that is more than willing to walk someone through it.

Thank you for your great review Donna! Yes the Report Designer enables you to customize any report and can take a bit of learning to use it to it's full potential, but we're always here to help.

The program does more than I had hoped for.

We have been operating a successful boarding facility for 18 years with a database that we long ago outgrew. As my husband is an ex-computer engineer, we were reluctant to switch because we 'knew' that with any change of computer systems problems follow. Not so with PetLinx. I introduced PetLinx into our very busy business on the 1st January, so that I could link it with the financial quarter. So from...

Pros

The flexibility.

Cons

Wow, what an awesome review Ray - we're lucky to have YOU as a customer! It's been a real pleasure dealing with you and we're glad our little changes have made all the difference for you. Here's to many more years ahead :-)

Functional pet hotel software.

Pros

The software makes my administration easier, especially for the accounting part. It saves time and money.

Cons

I find the forms and documents very difficult to adjust and almost impossible to design yourself. Customized forms are very expensive for small businesses. I try to come by with the available forms, but they are often not optimal for my business. As I only use the pet hotel part there are frequent updates that are of no use to me and in that case the yearly fee for updates and service is quite expensive for the use I get out of it.

Thank you for your review Rebecca! We're glad it's making a positive difference for your business. I believe you're referring to customizing the built-in reports, for which we supply a report editor. While it is a full-featured tool with a ton of features, to do common tasks like add/remove fields or change fonts or labels it is quite simple to do. We'll be happy to give you a quick training session on using it if you like? As you use the boarding module there will be some updates that only contain grooming or daycare related fixes. In these cases you can choose to not install these updates. Dank je :-)

Pampered Puppies Review

Overall very good experience. Like the fact that you have the option of purchasing the software instead of being forced to have a monthly subscription.

Pros

I like the ease of making bookings, adding new clients, and adding their pets.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a way to create an invoice or ticket for services or items purchased without having to create a boarding invoice. As it stands now it is difficult or impossible to modify an invoice after completion. We have clients pay at time of drop off. Sometimes after they have paid they may decide they want some of our extras or have forgotten to add something.

Thanks for your review Jeff. You can use the "Retail Sales" section of an invoice to charge a customer without creating a booking. And we will soon be enhancing the invoicing system to relax the rules around modifying an existing invoice, to make it easier to adjust charges :-).

PetLinx for Dog Groomers

PetLinx have saved me so much time on administration. It's very user friendly and if I travel, I simply make a back-up from my desktop computer and I can still book clients on my laptop. I won't use any other software.

Pros

PetLinx is really easy to use. What I like most about this software is the fast variety of jobs I can do with it. It reschedules the appointment times to my customer's individual needs; I can enter as much information on each dog as I need to. It's truly a GREAT system and makes my admin so much better

Cons

I cannot find anything that I don't like about this software.

Thank you so much for your awesome review Stella!

Petlinx. A user friendly, practical and multi functional database.

We have used Petlinx for many years after using the trial period. It has become and extremely useful tool for our business and has stood up to the growth that our company has experienced without failure. We have found the platform very easy to use and training our staff to use the system has always been easy. The regular updates are excellent and keep the program up to speed. Support is reliable, although its great to be able to say that its not often that it is required as the program runs so well it there is little need for the assistance!

Pros

Ease of use, fast navigation. Easy to train staff to use system. No limits to database records

Cons

Hard to say. Not a lot!

Thanks Alan, we really appreciate having you as our customer for the last 8+ years and look forward to many more!

Petlinx software review

PetLinx has enabled us to reduce our paper-based records; we can now generate pen cards with all the information we require. Support (when rarely required) has been timely and effective.

Pros

The cost; the fact the system can be configured by the end user; the features.

Cons

Reports are tricky to tailor when you are not familiar with report writing/configuration. Some of the payment/invoicing processes don't match our business model.

Thanks for your review Nicole, we're glad PetLinx has made a positive difference to your business. Yes using the Report Editor can be a bit tricky until you get the hang of it as there is so much you can do with it, but we're always happy to help out when needed :-).

First class software and support, and it has consistently met all my needs for running my business.

It makes my life so much easier, try organising 16 kennels on a daily basis without it when customers are constantly changing dates, no thanks give me Petlinx any day.

Pros

The developer is constantly updating and improving the software. If I have a problem the response is first rate, especially given the time difference, NZ - UK. It meets all my needs in terms of kennel allocation, invoicing and accounts management.

Cons

I cannot change the margins when I am printing a hard copy of the calendar. Inconsequential really in the big scheme of things.

Thank you Hayley, we're grateful to have you and Lincoln Lane Kennels on board with us :-)

Great customer support

Always a prompt response and takes suggestions into consideration and often implements it into next update. Thank you

Pros

The information available at a glance and ability to customize.

Cons

I am not really familiar with HTML code and this program allows to customize forms but I am not able to do that yet, although there is videos available to help..

Thanks for your great review Donna! The Report Designer that you're referring to doesn't use HTML code, it uses a point, click and drag interface similar to something like Microsoft PowerPoint. We'll be happy to help you this if you need further assistance.

Quality and Customer Service

PetLinx provides three versions of installation: stand-alone, networked or cloud. We required the network version to take care of our pet boarding facility. This product met those needs perfectly. I also cannot say enough about the quality, professional and courteous service we received during our evaluation, installation and customization of PetLinx. One of the few software products that we have purchased that met or exceeded all of our requirements.

Pros

The quality of the software is most impressive and their customer service exceeded my expectations. The product was new to me and I needed a little help in doing the network install. They answered every question I had in a timely fashion and even arranged a screen sharing session to help with the install. I also had one particular item that I wanted on a report that I was customizing which required changes to the software in order to accommodate my needs and I was completely surprised at how fast those changes were done and made available in the next update of the software.

Cons

At this point, I really don't have anything negative to say about the product.

Thanks for your awesome review Andrew! We've been happy to help you get up and running and glad our system is making a positive impact in your facility.

Petlinx is very easy to use and easy to learn. Everything is very organized and easy to find.

Being able to customize the software for what we need at our shop.

Pros

What we like most about this software is that we can set it up the way we like it to be. If there are ever any issues it is very easy to get a hold of people at Petlinx to get help. It is a very straightforward program and it is very easy to learn how to do stuff.

Cons

The thing we like least is that we got the second software for our second computer at our shop and the second software is always having issues when we're trying to use it. We haven't tried to get help with fixing it yet because we have stopped using the second computer for now.

Hi Brianna, thanks for your great review we've enjoyed having Dapper Dogs onboard as a valued customer! Feel free to get in touch when you're ready so we can find out what's going on with your second computer, it may simply be a problem with your local network.