PetLinx Reviews

4.56/5 (88 reviews)

Pros
  • ease of use
  • Very easy to use.
  • Grooming specific
  • easy and menu good
Cons
  • Nothing comes to mind immediately
  • I lost some files, customer records.
  • I dont like the daycare being limited to 22 dogs
  • I have. O issues with the software works and suits our business
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Susan Cochrane

Pet friendly!

Reviewed 2016-08-07

I find Petlinx very easy to use and have been very impressed with the updates that appear after we have flagged a feature that we would like to see added in. The support has been fantrastic from Laurence and his team!

Pros
Keeps an easy record of all the relevant information we require

Cons
When printing daycare lists, they are not in alphabetical order for the dogs names!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks Susan, we love having you as a customer :-). With regards to the Daycare Lists, remember you can customize any report in PetLinx and change the sort order.

Cyndy Wolhuter

Great Software for Pet Grooming Industry

Reviewed 2019-04-01

Very good. Support is great as well. Very fast to assist with any fault issues.

Pros
Easy to use. Interfaces with QuickBooks our accounting package which is great.

Cons
Would like to see outstanding amounts owing by the client when the grooming appointment screen is open which will help us to bring it to the clients attention.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your awesome review Cyndy! Great idea about showing the client balances, we'll get this added to our to-do list.

Sandra Brabon

PetLinx is certainly a vital part of my grooming operations record keeping.

Reviewed 2018-01-03

Pros
I like that I am able to easily look at the invoicing and grooming history of my clients. Quick referencing is essential when you are busy.

Cons
Would like to see more accounting reports such as yearly sales and period tracking to see where gaps are in the year on a monetary level.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your review Sandy we appreciate having you as a valued customer, and yes we'll be adding further reports over time :-).

Carole Clifford

Overall a great package for boarding but would like a more in depth help section.

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Pros
Pretty easy to use if you can operate a computer and are Word efficient. I like the day view of boarding. Connection to email when verifying boarding, birthday, vaccinations due etc. The new alert at the beginning could benefit with a boarding day and on the ribbon if possible. There's actually very little I don't like!!!

Cons
Help section is not in-depth enough, I feel it just covers the basics. Need more info on cancellations and moving booking and linked payments to new bookings.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Carole :-)

CAROL ROWLAND

HAWARDEN HAPPY HOUNDS

Reviewed 2016-07-13

Petlinx is very easy to use, could not get hold of technical support with living in UK very quick thanks

Pros
easy and menu good

Cons
I dont like the daycare being limited to 22 dogs

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Carol, thank you for your review! The 22 dog limit for daycare groups in your older version of PetLinx has since been increased to 58 in PetLinx 5. Please get in touch with us and we can discuss your options for upgrading to PetLinx 5.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Kim Leingang

It was easy to figure out without having to watch tutorials.

Reviewed 2017-11-15

Pros
That there is not a monthly fee to use software and you purchase it. There are monthly installments available too which is nice because money a lot of times is pretty scarce when just starting up a business.

Cons
Can't change invoices if you mess up on it at all. Good for keeping employees honest but should have administrative override with a password or something.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Kim, thanks for your great review and we're glad you've found PetLinx easy to and financially affordable. With regards to invoices, yes invoices can be edited, please give us a call and we can show you how do that. We do have administrator access with logins and passwords in our Network or Cloud editions, so if you are interested in perhaps moving to one of those please get in touch as well.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Nerida Sharrett

Amazing support. Always over and above what is expected.

Reviewed 2016-10-01

Not that I have had many issues but the two times I needed assistance Lawrence was on the phone and working me through things within hours. This is a great tool for boarding kennels big and small. Has a great reporting function that makes end of month super easy.

Pros
ease of use

Cons
need to make separate entry for each animal in boarding if in separate pens. Would be easy if it had an option to make another booking for same dates and times.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you so much for your great review Nerida! BTW you can create a booking using the same date and time now with the "Duplicate" option.

Cyndy Wolhuter

Great. Any issues I have had have always been promptly sorted.

Reviewed 2018-03-02

Runs my business and bookings for clients, stock, and invoicing

Pros
It answers all my grooming practice needs for bookings, repeat bookings, styles, special needs etc. Easy to use. Love the upgrades.

Cons
Wish the interface with Quick Books was more extensive, as I have to do a lot manually each day, with payments.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Cyndy :-)

Andrea Collins

Excellent Cattery Software

Reviewed 2018-10-02

Pros
The software includes everything that I need for my cattery and once you know how to use it, it is easy to work with. It is good value for money and a well thought out program that has probably more features than I realised that I needed when I first started out.

Cons
My IT skills are average so I have needed extra tuition to work some of the features out. The back up support is excellent and Laurence has been very patient with me!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Andrea :-)

Victoria Schroeder

Petlinx

Reviewed 2019-03-25

Great! Excellent customer service and prompt attention to issues.

Pros
Very easy to use! Love the way the screens are set up.

Cons
When using the scroll wheel on the mouse in the boarding calendar it scrolls thru the days and not down on the screen thru our runs.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you Victoria, we love having Dog Days as our customer :-)

Raylene Watson

Boarding Cattery use of Petlinx

Reviewed 2016-08-01

We have been using this in our boarding cattery for a year now. We can house up to 200 cats and find this great for allocating pens, keeping track of our customers and payments.

Pros
Very easy to use.

Cons
Have had two issues, one being deposits, which has since been updated. The second is that the system doesn't allow for price increases from a certain date. I have however found a way to update this and that is to put a high season rate as of the starting date of our new rate and will then update to current rates when we reach that day.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you for your great review Raylene, we appreciate having you as a customer! We'll take a look at the best way to handle your suggestion for handling price increases.

Kelly Bennett

Reviewed 2018-05-19

It's really hard to find a pet booking system and I was scared to purchase one then be stuck with it

Pros
Great that it's a New Zealand made software system, easy to contact for help especelly in an emergency.

Cons
These arn't cons just thing that would work for us; It would be good if it were colour coded for easily identify the booking details, entire male - we only take a few at a time but there is no easy way to find this out while making a booking.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Kelly, thank you for reviewing us! For identifying entire males you can create a pet attribute which then displays a warning when the dog is selected for a booking, get in touch if you need help with doing that.

Jelle du Chatenier

We use Petlinx grooming module for 4 years now, and the employees are willing to help you.

Reviewed 2018-08-01

it saves time,

Pros
easy to use, reminder e-mails, software is also in Dutch, Petlinx helped me with the set up at the second pc.

Cons
Not possible to fill in middle names for the customer. The reminder e-mails are not sended automaticly.

Response from Software Revolutions

Dank Je Jelle, we appreciate having you as our customer :)

Lizzie Rogers

Overall good quality

Reviewed 2017-01-04

Hard to get fluid in using it, especially entering in bulk data. Seems like it does a lot that I don't know about or make use of but is just too confusing to play with. Was also disappointed the email confirmation for customer appointments was not automatic.

Pros
Grooming specific

Cons
Can't change the order of customer/pet/grooming information. For example, I don't take vaccination records so a lot of room wasted. Would like to be able to customize that space with things that are important to me.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your review Lizzie, we don't provide for customization of the screens in PetLinx unfortunately. If you ever an help with any aspect of PetLinx please get in touch and we'll help you out :-).

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Raylene Watson

Petlinx Keep it all Sorted

Reviewed 2016-12-04

Petlinx allows us to run our cattery smoothly and efficiently. Standard emails are quick and easy to send and keep us in contact with customers.

Pros
Ease of use and it's record tracking.

Cons
Doesn't automatically allow for price increases from a certain date.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you for your great review Raylene :-)

Sonia K

Finally a user friendly software....

Reviewed 2016-09-14

We tried quite a few softwares before choosing PetLinx. Ease of use and navigation, not overly complicated stuff that is found on some other softwares are some of the features that steered us in the direction of PetLinx :)

Pros
-user friendly -simple and easy to navigate -great technical support

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you for the great review Sonia :-)

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Dr Blythe Baillie

PetLinx keeps everything running smoothly.

Reviewed 2016-10-17

We're a small 16 room cat kennel but we can't imagine being without Petlinx. Whenever we have questions the online support is excellent, friendly and prompt. Petlinx is user-friendly and the available options are exactly what we need. Very highly recommended!!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you Blythe and David, we really appreciate having you as customers :-)

Kim Leingang

Unleashed Review

Reviewed 2018-08-02

We use petlinx for our Boarding,Grooming and dog daycare and it works great to keep all different departments organized.

Pros
Ease of adding other modules and the online booking

Cons
No internet access to my programs to schedule away from computer

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Kim! For access when you're away from your business you would need to switch to our Cloud edition, please get in touch if you would like to do that.

Denis Thibodeau

Good Kennel Management Software

Reviewed 2018-12-08

Pros
Just learning it, the program is very powerful, I have been using a DOS based program for about 22 years, and it was a great program, but since you cannot buy a powerful 32 bit system anymore, I had to upgrade. I feel this is a user friendly software that will help me save time and money in bookings.

Cons
I have a huge database, and I need to input all existing clients, which will be very time consuming. Also, I wanted to keep my numbering system for the clients, once you enter a client, you cannot change the client number, but we will work around it. I haven't used the program enough yet to have most like or least like.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you for your great review Denis, we're glad to have you as a valued customer!

Teresa Clark

Good product.

Reviewed 2017-11-01

Pros
Easy to see what is coming in and out and kennel space. Quick and easy to use, has most information that is needed.

Cons
Freezes often. Shot records are hidden under the animal. Alerts aren't very easy to access. Invoices are confusing.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Teresa, thank you for your review :-). Please get in touch with us so we can understand further the few issues you have had. Don't forget with the invoice you can customize it's appearance if needed to meet your needs.

Diane ONeill

Business owner

Reviewed 2019-10-02

Excellent to deal with

Pros
Easy to move around from screen to screen

Cons
I have. O issues with the software works and suits our business

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you Diane, we're glad to have you as our customer :-)

Leola Lamarche

over all a good program

Reviewed 2016-10-18

It was relatively easy to learn. Still not using full modules as intended. Using program 15 hrs a week with limited time to invest in learning modules. Easily adapts to aviary services and day care stays. Instruction booklet easy to follow. I find some files are lost, or not easily retrieved. ... have to try several times to retrieve by pet name with no hits but yet it appears under customer name???? I would recommend this program to other avian service like business. ... but nothing is perfect so I rated it a 4 over all.

Pros
easy to follow instructions

Cons
I lost some files, customer records.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Leola, I'm glad you have found PetLinx useful for your type of business. Your files would not be lost but rather they may not be showing for a reason such as the pet has an inactive or deceased status. We'll be happy to help you go through this :-)

Karen Leslie

Well worth every cent

Reviewed 2016-09-14

Love this system, have had great support in times of need, and all Staff find it easy to use. Enjoy being able to personalise to suit my business

Pros
Bookings generating invoices

Cons
Nothing comes to mind immediately

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for the great review Karen!

Terry Tuccillo

So far so good.

Reviewed 2017-07-13

Help make running my business a lot easier.

Pros
Easy to customize fields and other fuctions. An intuitive interface makes learning how to use it pretty easy.

Cons
It's not free and it won't wash dogs for me no matter how hard I try. There is not much bad to say about Petlinx Software.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your review Terry! We'll get to work on that dog washing function :-)

Kim Watt

Makes managing my kennels so easy

Reviewed 2015-07-15

After trialling 6 different kennel management programs, I found Petlinx to have by far the most features that were important to my business. The amount of detail about pets and customers and the flexibility to easily create data lists and edit reports is fantastic. Managing bookings, customers and pets is all very easy from the main screen. Invoicing is very easy once you get used to it, but at first I found it a bit awkward when people paid a deposit or make multiple payments. My biggest problem is that I haven't been able to find a way to automatically change the rate when two dogs share a run as our runs are all the same size, so I just change it manually, but this does make the possibility of undercharging greater. All in all I think this is a fantastic program and the continual improvements that come through with the regular updates are great. Highly recommend this program to help you manage a boarding facility.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Kim, thanks for your great review! You can set up automatic rate changes for multiple dogs by adding a rate variation in the Boarding Rates screen - we'll send you details on how to do this.