PetLinx Reviews

4.56/5 (88 reviews)

• Easy to use.
  • It's industry specific
  • Dedicated to looking after pets
Cons
  • Pure statistics
  • The upgrades can get a little spendy.
  • Customizing reports is a little tricky and time consuming.
  • Doesn't scale very well on our computer screen, quite soft
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Raylene Watson

Keeps My Business Running Smoothly

Reviewed 2016-10-01

I run a very busy boarding cattery with the capacity to house up to 200 cats. Petlinx does everything I need and more.

Pros

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for the great review Raylene!

Daina Jarmalavi¿ien¿

Very good software for small pet hotel

Reviewed 2017-03-02

Perfect customer support, often updates for better works, good solution for small pet hotel, a lot of information about customers and pets.

Pros
Big amount of information about customers and pets, vaccination and birthday reminder, online marketing.

Cons
Pure statistics

Response from Software Revolutions

We appreciate your great review and having you as a customer Daina. A¿i¿!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Victoria Schroeder

Dog Days Hotel and Day Camp

Reviewed 2016-07-06

We love PetLinx! It's the only software we have found that works best for us! We love the ease of the software and the boarding schedule is awesome. Very user friendly. We have just recently started using the collar printing module and it works great, too!

Pros
The calendar view of the boarding schedule.

Cons
Customizing reports is a little tricky and time consuming.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you very much Victoria, and we love having you as a customer!

Julie Gross

No more confusion!

Reviewed 2017-02-18

We love Petlinx, so easy to use! I didn't even need to read the tutorial, it was so simple. I love that you can add a picture, so there's no more confusion about who is who. Our older and younger groomers picked it up in minutes! I love the rescheduling option for our weekly clients. Figuring out comps and monthly figures are a breeze now. I was also happy it had an outright price vs. monthly fees. Also had a very affordable payment plan as well!

Pros
Financial record keeping and clientelle files

Cons
Wish you could search for pet through the new appointment on calendar vs only clients last name.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review and choosing PetLinx Julie! With regards to making a new appointment via pet name we may provide this in future :-)

Shannon Coleman

Love PetLinx

Reviewed 2016-09-14

I like PetLinx so much cause it was cheaper then a product I had used at another shop but it was very similar in how it worked. Didn't want to have to relearn too much.

Pros
Since I had used a similar product before this only had a small learning curve to figure out.

Cons
The upgrades can get a little spendy.

Greg McNamara

Fast, simple and good integration for our business

Reviewed 2017-11-03

Helps keep track of bookings and accounts

Pros
Ability to invoice, email and sms clients from the package. Stand alone so no problem with data security. Easily backs up to external pen drive. No subscription fees. You own the product. Updates easily integrated. Easily see daily, monthly, yearly bookings.

Cons
Just needs a online booking code that can be put into a website(which is coming). I cant fault any of the product as it really does well at running a boarding kennel and our cattery.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hey Greg thanks for the awesome review, you rock :0. Yes we'll have the online booking system ready for you to use very soon!

Shirley Catterall

Everything to do with Petlinx is AWESOME!

Reviewed 2015-07-14

I started using Petlinx in May 2011 for my cat boarding facility at Arnold Creek Cat Retreat. I have been in business since 2004 and the Petlinx Boarding Program not only makes scheduling and recording client information easier it has helped me grow my business from 400 clients to 700 clients in just 4 years. My employees and I find the program easy to use and it saves us so much time that we can spend more time taking care of our boarders instead of writing notes to each other on bits of paper. I am not computer savvy and so I have occasionally had questions for the support team at Petlinx. I have been very impressed by the speed of their replies and grateful for their patience with my lack of knowledge. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Petlinx to anyone considering starting a new pet boarding business or enhancing an existing one. It is simply the best!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Shirley! It's been our pleasure to assist you over the years :-)

Julie Manser

Petlinx Review by Tiptree

Reviewed 2016-07-13

Petlinx was installed when I bought the business. I have submitted various suggestions and advised when options not working

Pros
Nothing stands out as a winning feature

Cons
The data from the dog and booking is not printable as a booking form . This still needs to be done manually

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Julie, with regards to printing out the dog and booking - the Booking Card report in the Boarding Calendar provides you this information. Please get in touch if you need help with this :-)

Duane Luther

Petlinx Software

Reviewed 2013-11-26

Before I bought any software to run our Pet Boarding business I actually downloaded three programs that I thought would interest me and our operation. I was looking for ease of use particularly as we have a constant turnover of employees being so close to a college town. Taking for granted that most of our vet techs were computer savvy, training time needed to be held to a minimum. I found that Petlinx was the easiest program to work with. No complicated things to teach. I have had Petlinx from day one and I have not regretted taking the time to explore them all. It was a good decision. All I can say is Thank You Petlinx. You have made my life easy with your reliable software. I have had zero problems and this software is over 10 years old. PS. The reason for the 3 stars on customer service was the difference in time zones. Otherwise I would have given it a 5 star rating also.

Helen Cook

Country Retreat for Dogs and Cats

Reviewed 2016-09-15

We have tried several types of software to maintain data integrity to no avail. However this system seems better and the booking in system was a bonus and so we trialed both and are comfortable to use the booking system now.

Pros
Dedicated to looking after pets

Cons
A bit cumbersome when booking in at the moment but may get quicker when we get used to it.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you for your nice review Helen, please feel to get in touch with us whenever you need help with anything :-).

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Linda Streatham

PetLinx makes the adminstration of my business a pleasure!

Reviewed 2013-10-01

Pros: PetLinx has greatly helped the efficiency of my business, I was using spreadsheets and cards before but the amount of time I have saved since I found PetLinx has been amazing. I tried a number of different products but none of them were as easy to learn and find my way around as PetLinx was - it does come with a tutorial but I have not had to refer to it once! Tasks such as making appointments, sending reminders (I send both SMS and email), checking my financial position, are all so simple to do. Oh and if you need it the support is great as well, fast and concise. Cons: None that I can think of! Overall: I couldn't work without my PetLinx, it has all the features I need and does it so well.

Maeve Marchok

Excellent software and customer service

Reviewed 2016-06-01

I have used Petlinx since opening my business in May 2012. I started off with just the grooming package and then several months later added day care. I am not particularly computer literate and was concerned that without someone 'on the spot' to show me the ropes I would be confused but was surprised to find that I had no problems. It is a very user friendly system and Laurence is always available via email (bearing in mind the time difference) to answer any questions. The many updates over the years addressing issues that customers have raised is great.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you so much Maeve for being a great customer! It's always a pleasure to hear from you :-)

Maeve Marchok

Simply The Best!!

Reviewed 2015-07-02

Was worried about starting up the system referring to printed pages rather than having a human tutorial but that turned out not to be a problem. The other worry was the time difference between New Zealand and Ohio (they are 16 hours ahead) but all it takes is an email to get the support process kicked into high gear. Emailing a back up is the easiest way to show the problem and they have phoned me when the problem has not been resolved that way. 3 years later, I would not consider changing my software - Petlinx is very easy to use, the support is amazing and the numerous updates keep you right up to date. 5 stars!!!!!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks Maeve, you're simply the best too :-)

Andrew Cunningham

Liking the new features of Petlinx 6

Reviewed 2019-01-17

Quicker to do a booking than previous version

Pros
Ability to search for customers and pets and drag and drop to create a booking

Cons
Doesn't scale very well on our computer screen, quite soft

Response from Software Revolutions

Glad you're liking the new PetLinx 6 Andrew! Unsure what you mean re "soft" scaling, please send through further details to us.

Stephania Cheng

The Best Appointment Software for Groomers

Reviewed 2016-03-02

I spent many months researching different appointment programs, and most of them just weren't suitable for us. After just 3 days of the 30 day trial, I knew PetLinx was the right program for us. I have not been disappointed. PetLinx is very easy to use and has completely changed how we do business. Lawrence and his team are great with customer service, usually responding within a few minutes to emailed questions and requests. You really can't go wrong with PetLinx. It's an awesome program created by great people who stand by their product.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thank you for your great review Stephania, very flattering :-)

Kimberly Thom

Petlinx Experiences

Reviewed 2015-06-02

I have been using petlinx since I first began grooming in 2002. Overall it is a great product and our business couldnt do with out it. It is easy to input customers an dogs and it holds alot of information about our customers and their pets. I love the SMS reminders!!! It would be great if Petlinx had a better POS interface, as at the moment we have to use 2 seperate programs to run my business, one for bookings and one for POS. We run petlinx on 3 computers and if we have every had an issue to support has been great!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks Kim for being such a great longstanding customer of ours, we really appreciate it!

Tasley Wheeler

Hard

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-11-27

We switched to Proper and won't switch back.

Pros
It seems to have alot of features that we would have liked to explore but the basics were not user friendly

Cons
Customer Service was almost impossible to reach due to them being based in New Zealand. It was expensive for what we used it for and it had no customer interface to book online. It was not user friendly and it took up SLOT of payroll to support our reservations.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hi Tasley, I'm mystified as to why you have decided to review us just now considering it's been over 2 years since you cancelled your subscription! In response to your "cons"...we provide local support numbers for support, email support, and a Facebook user's group where other expert users can offer advice. Our prices are very competitive and are comparable with Propet, if not cheaper. We do indeed have an online customer booking portal. Most feedback we receive indicates that our software is intuitive and very user friendly, however we would have been happy to provide a free online training session to you to help with the areas you were stuck on, as we do for all customers. Not sure what you mean by "took up lots of payroll to support our reservations"? Sorry it didn't work out, but best wishes and good luck with your new software.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Jeannie Veitch

Excellent Program

Reviewed 2016-10-14

Help and Support is brilliant, quick and always very professional. This is a dynamic program with updates and changes regularly you need to read the documentation to stay on top of changes - not always possible in small business. They are always very responsive to any queries or suggestions I make for new functions or options and provide excellent personalised help.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your great review Jeannie! We appreciate having you as a customer. BTW If you ever want to catch up on the list of changes just go into the Help - About PetLinx option, then choose Version History.

Jacqui Ainsworth

Fog grooming

Reviewed 2016-11-01

I haven't found this s good s user friendly system . It is very time consuming and you have to go backward and forwards for entries of updates on customers . I barely use ours as it crashes all the time do I can't rely on it to get dimple information from . I'm not a fan . Sorry

Pros
It's industry specific

Cons
I can't retrieve customer numbers on it as it always seems to be not working . It's time consuming to keep records , do I have just been using paper

Response from Software Revolutions

FYI this review for some reason was only approved by Capterra today (Dec 4 2017) over a year after it was first submitted. For someone who claims they're "not a fan" and gave us a 1 start rating, our logs show you've been using PetLinx consistently for over a year up to today. So you've either grown to love PetLinx since the review or you're a glutton for punishment, we hope it's the former :-).

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Mayumi Nutter

Complicated

Reviewed 2016-06-01

The data organization part - keeping clients information and grooming history - works well. It took me a long time to figure out how to check out multiple dogs owned by a same owner, and to make a sprit payment. I lost some money because of that. I couldn't figure out in front of the customer, so I ended up let customer go without paying. When I input the discription of services in Grooming tab, for some reason, duplicate information appears sometimes. It doesn't calculate in total price, which is good, but gets confusing when I look at the weekly sales at the end of the week. I still don't know why and how it happens.

Response from Software Revolutions

Sorry to hear you have struggled with invoicing Mayumi, just remember if you're unsure with how to do something feel free to email or call, we're always available to help.
With regards to duplicate services, there was an issue in an earlier version that we resolved so I suspect that you were using that early version. Please always ensure you install the latest update when prompted to avoid issues like this in the future.

Amy Murphy

THE BEST IN PET SOFTWARE!

Reviewed 2018-10-13

Pros
Ease of use Quickbooks exporting Adds discounts by percentage (military, police, etc.) Great price

Cons
I can not say there is anything I do not like about PetLinx

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks Amy! We're glad you found us :-)

Nicole Cartaar

Great service from the team

Reviewed 2016-03-10

Petlinx has been a great update for our business, Laurence and his team are always on stand-by to help with any edits, changes, or support. They are easy to get in contact with and quick at replying! Being able to customize Petlinx to suit our business has been a real walk in the park compared to other programs that can not be customized at all. Thanks Laurence and Team!

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks so much for the great review Nicole, we pride ourselves on our service and we always like talking with you and the Cat Utopia nannies :-)

Amneris Ortega

At lot knowledge on to correct installation problems

Reviewed 2016-05-02

Lawrence was very helpful it took him almost two hours to properly install my new updated version of Petlinx. While to have like a brochure or something to maximize the performance of services for my customers. Thank you for your support.

Response from Software Revolutions

Hola Amneris, glad to be of service to help you resolve the Windows issues your computer was encountering. Hope you are liking the new version of PetLinx :-). We will contact you separately with regards to the brochure you are referring to.

Samantha Aguilar

Out of many softwares, this one exceededs

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Pros
Super easy to use and understable. Also like the ability for growth.

Cons
Customer service lags a little. My opinion it could be bettered.

John Allen

Software review

Reviewed 2017-01-05

The software is easy to use and very helpful in running my business. Good customer service was a plus.

Pros
Easy to use.

Response from Software Revolutions

Thanks for your review John, glad to have you on board as a valued customer!