PetPocketbook Logo
PetPocketbook

Pet sitting software for pet care and dog walking businesses

visit website

PetPocketbook Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.65/10

Reviews by rating

I 100% recommend PetPocketBook to fellow pet sitters. It’s also super affordable and the website/app are very intuitive.
The only complaint I have is that there is no mobile version yet.
I guess there are very very small UI/UX design inconsistencies on different pages of the settings. It is by no means an inconvenience as finding it is usually still extremely easy.

Frances H.

Excellent Business Management Software for Pet Care Professionals

It is a great option for pet care businesses that I feel will live up to higher expectations as updates are developed and become available.

Pros

I love that it is a Boston-based company because it's important to me to support local. I really like that the PetPocketbook staff is pleasant and knowledgeable and personally helps you set up your business in the software by way of easily scheduled video meetings. They are also very easily reached by, and highly responsive to an up-front integrated email help portal which also includes an easily searchable...

Cons

The calendar cannot be integrated or exported to outside calendar apps. The app is still in beta and lacks a lot of functionality. The mobile version is also not as fully functional as the desktop version. I also hope to see more calendar view options than just the day-at-a-time option currently available. I also find that I do not receive notifications when someone messages so I have to check the software frequently for updates. I would also like to see an option to have staff schedule emailed and/or notifications alerting staff/clients of anything new and/or upcoming.

SG

Shilo G.

Veterinary, self-employed

Set up for success

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Pet Pocketbook. The Intergration was quick and easy especially since they offer to do it all for you. They set you up for success from the beginning by showingyou how to use the software. This software saves me several hours a week. Before I had to accept requests through multiple platforms, enter approved dates in my calendar, manually do invoices, send paid invoices, keep track of all pet birthdays, etc. I can't believe how reasonably priced this software is compared to other competitors yet in my opinion has so much more going for them.

Cons

Too be honest there isn't much to dislike though I do have a couple of things I'd like to see changed. Pet Pocketbook bills the day after each service is completed which may work perfectly for some. My policy has always been that payment is due the day of service except for holiday sleepovers I request 50% down 3 days after the service is requested. As of now I have to ask my clients to do so and explain...

thank you for your support Shilo!

DP

Deana P.

Performing Arts, self-employed

Business changing

Incredible. So grateful that someone recommended PetPocket Book to me

Pros

How much time it has saved me and how much more efficient it has made my company!

Cons

It is becoming more and more efficient through my phone which is helpful. Sometimes I can’t always make it to my computer and there are things I can only really do through there.

CL

Chantel L.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

The Absolute Best Software Decision you could make for your business!

PetPocketbook has streamlined my invoicing, scheduling and payroll process.

Pros

Pet Pocketbook's sleek design and ease of use are the two features that I like most about Pet Pocketbook. The product is SO well thought out. I tested a number of other products before finding PetPocketbook and this is the only one that not only met my needs, but completely exceeded all expectations when it came to their thoughtful design, exceptional customer service, and truly well planned features. They are far and away the BEST decision you could make when choosing a scheduling/invoicing product for your company. I honestly can't recommend them enough if you have a pet sitting/dog walking service.

Cons

I have no negative comments. If anything, it will be awesome once their product is available on the APP store for clients which is on the horizon!

Thank you for the kind words! The ease of use is exactly where we hope to differentiate! 🙌

ST

Savanna T.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Top Notch Customer Service

After using another system, we were so happy to have found PetPocketbook! The customer service, affordability, features, and simplicity truly made it a no brainer in our decision to go with PPB.

Pros

We were attracted to how passionate the PPB team was about their mission! The team was quick to reply to questions and we were able to set up our system in one day with how simple the process was! We were shocked by how affordable it was with the extensive features available. Our clients and team members like using the system, so we consider that a win! :)

Cons

More customization in the billing features and being able to enter in the clients card information on our end would be great. Email notifications sent to the business daily with the pet visit itinerary for the day would be a great feature add on.

Thank you for your support and feedback, Savanna! By the way, you can actually add in client card information on your end. We'll be sure to follow up directly to show you how to do that!

EM

Erin M.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Love our new scheduling and payment software!

The customer service has been amazing - they have held our hand throughout the entire onboarding process, and have been there to answer any and all questions we have had along the way!

Pros

The mobile access on the go is the most helpful for us and our staff members, so we can get real time information and updates about animals, appointments, etc.

Cons

Initially there wasn't a printing option from the software, which was a hold up for us - but they were able to write this into the operations and make it a function, which was really helpful!

Thank you for your support, Erin! ❤️

BK

Brian Kieth M.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Perfect fit

We love it.

Pros

Easy to manage, help organized schedule.

Cons

Lacking some features like tracking walk package or overnight function.

Thank you Brian for your support! Excited to release our packages feature and a more streamlined booking process for overnights later this year! Looking forward to growing together in the years to come!

ST

Shelby T.

Very very happy so far

Pros

The easiest software I’ve ever used (tested out far too many when opening this business). As someone who has been in this industry 10 years it’s very innovative and the customer support is incredible

Cons

Only complaints I truly Have are minor ones. I miss Being able to invoice daily as opposed to weekly. It would be easier if the schedule was an actual calendar and you could drag and drop without having to change times of appointments

Thank you so much for your support and the kind words, Shelby! We actually do have a daily invoice option and the ability to drag and drop without changing appointment times. I'll be messaging you directly so that we can hop on a quick call to walk through these features as well as anything else that we could help with to make your life easier! We appreciate you!

VJ B.

Best Value for the Cost

The team is incredibly responsive but it mainly drives itself. It takes a lot off my plate for me.

Pros

It’s incredibly easy to use, it just makes sense. It’s clear a lot of thought went into the design.

Cons

Honestly not having any issues with it.

Thanks for the review VJ!

TP

Tessa P.

Veterinary, self-employed

Absolute life saver for small business owners

Absolutely amazing. Has helped simplify the book keeping and scheduling, giving me more time to prioritize other business subjects.

Pros

Everything, financial reports, client management, invoicing, mass message or customized messaging…etc the best!

Cons

Nothing, love everything. Couple service issues however that’s on the wireless provider not the software.

Thank you Tessa for your support! Excited to grow together in the coming years!

BC

Bob C.

PetPocketbook is Awesome!

I've been using PetPocketbook for 2 years now and it has vastly improved how I run my business for both myself and my clients. I can't imagine that there's a better way out there to do what I'm doing with it and I have no inclination to even check to see if I'm wrong.

Pros

There are so many pros. The app and site are so easy to use for both the business owner and the clients. My wife and I run a daily doggie playgroup on weekdays. For a long time I didn't see the point in paying someone else to do all of the admin work that I could do myself. But a couple of years ago I decided to just start looking to see what was out there. I found PetPocketbook and it changed...

Cons

If you are going to force me to find a con about this product, I would have to say... Nothing. Honestly. The money I spend on it is minimal and well worth the price. I would be willing to pay more for it, but don't tell them I said that. The few times I've had an issue, I just sent them a message and they got back to me very quickly with an answer that addressed it. One time it was user error on my end, one time it was me not understanding how something worked, and one time it was a glitch on their end that they fixed within hours. There are a couple of things that I would like it to do, but it's still pretty new and they're constantly improving it, so I imagine that they'll get to those things sooner than later, but I can always put in a request for something if I need to.

DH

Dave H.

Life Changer!

PPB is just such a well rounded, user friendly, intuitive and pretty to look at software! I am saving so much time now, and this has allowed me to focus on other tasks with my business including expanding, but also it has freed up time for me to do more things I enjoy in my personal life. The relief of finishing up a month and knowing that all invoicing is already sorted is a pretty good feeling! I couldn't be happier with it.

Pros

The scheduling and invoicing features have been especially amazing and time saving for me. Being able to easily drag and drop dogs to different walkers and groups. I save a huge amount of time each month invoicing because PPB automatically invoices from the completed walk schedule. The ability to easily store all client and staff info. I also save money as I do not need Docusign anymore, on PPB I can have my client agreements/T&Cs sent out, filled in and saved. Clients can check their walk times, request and cancel walks which saves me more time. The PPB team are super friendly and helpful, always available and happy to clearly answer any questions. They are also always looking to improve PPB and open to suggestions and feedback on ways to do this.

Cons

Honestly nothing to fault. PetPocketBook ticks every box for my business.

Thank you so much for the support and for giving us the push to come to Australia! We are excited to have you in the PetPocketbook family!

SM

Shaunna M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Best decision I've made since starting my business!

PetPocketbook really changed so much for me. It saves me time, which is money. It is SO worth the price, in fact, I think its a steal. It keeps everything organized. It elevates my small business to a more professional level.

Pros

I have 2 favorites. The simplicity, and the staff support! The simplicity of the software by far exceeds any of my expectations going into choosing a software. I feel as if I can feel how much this software means to the founder and the staff. They are all very hands on and extremely accessible. I love working with passionate people, and people that are always looking to crowd source to keep advancing their product. They truly care about your experience with their software.

Cons

I don't think that there is much that is hard to use. The demo is very thorough, and they really make sure that you understand how it all works before you get started. I don't really have too much criticism. I would love to see the app a bit more functional. It would be awesome to message customers from directly in app, and I'd love to see an app for the client too! I know that PP constantly has stuff in progress, so I am excited to see what comes next.

Thank you for your support, Shaunna! Looking forward to growing together in the years to come!

SG

Steven G.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

The best software for a dog walking company!

Exceeded our expectations. We had been using google calendar and excel for years. This is honestly one of the best decisions we have made as a company. We make less billing mistakes and saved 5+ hours of work each week.

Pros

PetPocketbook is the best at combining full functionality with a clean and easy to use UI. Their automated billing, reminders, and payment system has been extremely valuable; everything runs automatically for us without any input. Customer service is top notch, I’ve had some weird requests and they have always responded within a few hours.

Cons

Calendar/schedule on mobile is only a list view, hard to see spacing between individual appointments. Limited accounting functionality for employee paychecks, no way to allocate % made off employees back to your own paycheck.

Thank you so much for your support Steven!

CW

Caleb W.

Can't live without it!

Our experience with PetPocketbook has been 100% positive! From our very first conversation with [SENSITIVE CONTENT], we knew we chose the right software for our growing business. She and her team are always super helpful and responsive and treat us like family. :)

Pros

PetPocketbook is very user-friendly and acts as an all-in-one type of program that meets so many needs from scheduling to customer demographics to invoicing and more. It's incredibly reasonably priced and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and her team are AMAZING! They're all so nice and helpful...we're super thankful we found their program. :)

Cons

While there are always ways to improve any kind of software, especially when considering individual needs and wants, there really isn't much that's lacking with PetPocketbook and they continue to add and improve features. A few extras that we'd certainly find value in, though, might be email integration for emailing lists and scheduling purposes, the ability to add notes to a group of already scheduled appointments at once rather than by individual appointment, automatic appointment reminder emails, route planning, and a PetPocketbook app. However, even without these extras, PetPocketbook is great as is!

Thank you so much for the kind words and your support! :)

CM

Casey M.

All Good Dogs LLC

Overall, its been a very positive experience so far using PPB. It has helped save me so much time and the PPB team is an absolute pleasure to work with!

Pros

Having everything in one place is great! Scheduling in PetPocketbook is locked in. I was using Google calendar before and it's cut my scheduling time down a lot. PetPocketbook probably saves 2-3 hours a week on just scheduling alone. Before PetPocketbook I bounced between TD bank invoice system -- didn't like it. Then I went to Venmo but when tax season came around there were so many roadblocks. With PetPocketbook it's super easy especially with AutoPay and automatic tips too. I love that with the reporting dashboard I can go in and see stats and financials and really just have invoicing be automated.

Cons

I've been using both the web app on my phone and the beta app. I use the beta app throughout the day as I'm doing visits but can't do admin stuff yet like last minute visit requests, so I tend to bounce around. I'm really looking forward to the app soon!

CL

Cassidy L.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

PetPocketBook has made our day to day operations so much easier

Overall I have had wonderful experience with PetPocketBook, every step of the way their team has been there to teach me and answer all my questions in a timely manner. They are a personable business that clearly cares about their clients and learning how to make a system that works best for them. The system itself is exactly what I was looking for, it saves me time and money. I am a small growing business that is in the middle of trying to scale so I needed something like this. A software geared towards the pet industry that allowed me to have team members so I can continue to grow without it costing me an arm and a leg.

Pros

Their scheduling features are incredibly helpful to our daily operations. I can make quick adjustments, add appointments or cancel appointments on the go which is great since I am often in my car for work traveling from job to job. Our clients love the profile features that allow them to see their schedule, pay their bills, and set up personal profiles for each of their pets. Which allows me to save time on updating profiles, or adjusting our calendars. Their automatic invoice system is also a time saver. Finished appointments are automatically put into an invoice and you can easily adjust when your clients receive those invoices.

Cons

There are no big cons to this system, they are still growing and developing certain aspects of the software but most of the things I would improve are more personal small things to how I operate. For example I would like to see a month view option for my schedule instead of a day or a week at a time.

Thank you for your support Cassidy!

MP

Michelle P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

If you own a pet care business you need PetPocketbook!

Pros

As the owner of a dog walking and dog boarding business, I was constantly managing incoming service requests, organizing my schedule of upcoming appointments, and sending out invoices. When I found PetPocketbook, I was able to sit back and let the software do the heavy lifting of scheduling and invoice creation. Now, all of my client's information is in one safe and secure location where I can access it at anytime. I love the overall aesthetic of the software, it's fun and easy to use, even for my clients who don't consider themselves "tech-savvy." I recommend Pet Pocketbook to anyone in the pet care industry.

Cons

PetPocketbook is always being updated and improved by the developers. In the future, I would like the option to block off booked up dates so clients can see that those times are not available for service.

Thanks for the review Michelle!

GB

Gus B.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Infinitely Helpful and Worthwhile!

Pet Pocketbook has expedited almost every aspect of working with new clients. Having all of their information in one place speeds up booking, but also allows our trainers and clients to exchange information in a central location. As the office manager, I am spending way less time prompting people for necessary information, since they are able to enter it themselves. Pet Pocketbook also makes our clients feel that their financial info and personal details are secure, which ups their trust in our company and services as a whole. The software has also enabled us to stay current with technology, something our core client base (Gen X-Millenials) appreciates and understands.

Pros

The ability to organize client information and securely store financial information. The software is easy to use and has very few issues. The ability to add multiple appointments is very time saving. Even non-tech savvy clients can use the software with few issues.

Cons

Some of the bulk editing options don't allow for what I need, but I've found ways around it. There's no option to require users to add a CC# before finishing the account set up. It's not always clear to our customers how to add profiles for their pets, so that requires extra time and emails explaining how to do it.

Thank you Gus! It's been so wonderful working with you, and looking forward to continuing to grow together in the years to come! And yes - we will be addressing the CC requirement for companies requiring it!

MM

Mary M.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

if you run a pet care business, you NEED Pet Pocketbook

Pet Pocketbook is great! I can't say enough good things about it. It has improved the communication within our company, and has also streamline many of my old tasks. Things that took me many hours to do every week are now automated, so I don't have to give them a 2nd thought. It's a lifesaver & a timesaver!

Pros

The best thing about this software is that you can make updates in real time & share them immediately with everyone on your team...schedules, care instructions, and more are at your fingertips! It also has automated billing & offers payments options for your clients. It is THE software that every pet care business needs to run smoothly & efficiently!

Cons

There is not much that I don't like about Pet Pocketbook...it is awesome. If there was one thing that I would improve it would be to instantly make billing adjustments on invoices that have already been sent out. Currently, if you make a billing adjustment to a sent invoice, the adjustment doesn't post on the client's end until the following invoice. It's not a huge deal, but does confuse some clients.

Thank you for your continued support, Mary! We will be working on making billing adjustments for past bills more straightforward!

JG

Julie G.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Help - An Excel Spreadsheet Isn't Working For Us Anymore!

My business has grown from 78 clients to 246 clients on the books in the last 8 months since we signed-up with PetPocketbook in October 2021. There is no way we could have done that with the excel spreadsheets and outlook Calander we were using before.

Pros

- Onboarding was very easy. Loved that you input all our client data - Signing up new clients is easy - Credit Card Payment Option. I am surprised how many of my clients now pay that way - Very responsive to issues, both from users and their clients

Cons

- Would like to be able to sort/collate pending service requests by client, without having to go into the client message tab - Would like to have a real 'visit' count per day, verses a number of animals being visited that day count. That would show me my real workload. - New clients experienced issues with the software 'freezing'

Thank you for your support Julie -- we are excited to be growing with you! We are working on the items that you had shared and would love to learn more about what might be happening for those clients you mentioned experiencing the software freezing, since we haven't heard that one from others -- we definitely want to get to the bottom of this one!

RR

Ryan R.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Switching to PetPocketbook was my best decision of the year

Pros

PetPocketbook is a hit with myself (owner/administrator), my employees, and my customers. Everyone agrees that it is incredibly easy to use, the daily report cards are super convenient, and the customer service is top notch.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about PetPocketbook but if I have to choose something it would be on the accounting end- that it doesn't calculate our daily earnings which is a helpful tool when setting monetary goals.

Thank you so much for your support! We are in the process of working on that reporting, which should be coming out in the next couple of months! Stay tuned!

CG

Catherine G.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Extremely satisfied and pleased with our 1st choice

Extremely satisfied and most happy with our choice. There are many companies offering similar platforms but It would be difficult to find one as intrinsically strong from all angles.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden] initial approach was a determining factor. She travelled to CT to meet us in person. She is a smart, poised and amicable person. Their price structure was different than most other companies which worked well for us. The idea of growing a company assisted by a company who supports the same beliefs was also instrumental.

Cons

I have zero criticism. They are available 24hrs a day and very quick at responding.

AG

Abbey G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

A great software that has saved me so much time!

So far I have had a great experience with PetPocketbook. It's already a great program and it's clear they are constantly looking for feedback and striving to make things even better. The support has been really great and this program has truly saved me hours and hours of admin work time a week!

Pros

I like that I can schedule, invoice and have all my client information and waivers in one place. The layout is very user friendly and well organized.

Cons

I wish there was a fully developed app. That's definitely one thing other softwares have over PPB. I also find the website is sometimes glitchy and doesn't want to load from my phone. It would also be great to be able to schedule staff availability or has staff members able to set their own availability.

Thank you for your support, Abbey!

AS

Amy S.

Best Dog Sitting Software Out There

Overall, onboarding was fantastic and their free trial is a no-brainer. I took several demos with other software companies and PetPocketbook blew the others out of the water by far.

Pros

I absolutely love the after-visit report cards that are prompted and how easy it is to schedule appointments. The ease of use is also loved by my clients and having them request their own appointments has saved me hours every week with scheduling.

Cons

I feel there could be a better way to enter staff daily hours with a staff schedule, but I know this is coming in the future.

Excited to grow with you in the years to come!