Point of Rental Software Logo

Cloud-based rental store/inventory management software

Point of Rental Software Reviews - Page 3

mr

marty r.

point of rental

I like how POR is set up for everyday use. Especially for searching either equipment or customers.

Pros

The search feature for both looking up Customers and Equipment.They are both easy to find what you are looking for.

Cons

My biggest concern personally with POR is that I don't like how reports are exported into Xcel. They don't transfer smoothly, there is too much excess that is not needed and it takes too long to remove it for the reports to be efficient.

Hey Marty, thanks for the review! We're glad it's set up well for your everyday needs, and I'm letting our product team know about your reports concern - I know I hate having to clean up reports when I have to generate them, too. =) -Brian

mb

mike b.

Construction, 51-200 employees

The in's and out's of POR

explained above.

Pros

all of the available functions, it could be a all in one system

Cons

There is no "return needs checked out" function for when rental equipment comes back. If you complete the contract, the equipment comes right back to available. What about a time delay after completing the contract (so you can get the customer finished up/handled), but then to get the equipment back to "available", it needs to be sent to a "returned needs checked" waiting screen. Then the mechanics or shop lead would close that out after it's been checked out, verifying it is actually ready to rent..

Hey Mike! There's definitely a way to accomplish what you're trying to accomplish in our software. Can you email me (Capterra only gives me a first name and last initial) and I'll connect you with someone who can help you get it set up? -Brian

MA

Mark A.

Awesome Product

Pros

It is easy to use, and easy to train new personnel on. Once you have the basics of the program down, it pretty easy to dive deeper into the programming and start retrieving all the benefits of POR.

Cons

Personally, the mundane stuff like changing passwords every three months. I understand why but annoying.

Thanks for the review, Mark! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future! -Brian

KO

Karen O.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Administration

Overall has been great. Great support and ease of use

Pros

Entering hire contracts and off hiring, and the driver schedules

Cons

When entering a new customer in the CRM I find that there is a lot of repetition. You add address and phone number of company and then contact person details which are the numbers and email you have already entered.

Thanks for the review, Karen! We're glad you're enjoying the software. That Con does seem like a real inconvenience; We've put in a uInnovate suggestion to request a checkbox for "copy business info" in that screen with the ability to change fields after doing that (often that flexibility is needed for a different phone number or email). Hopefully, it'll be on the product roadmap soon. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to continuing to work with you! -Brian

DJ

Douglas J.

POR review

Pros

Ease of training. Ability to monitor asset income

Cons

We need better integration between POR & Bookkeeping. Currently these is no integration between POR & QuickBooks

Hey Douglas, glad you enjoy the software! There's definitely an integration between all of our software products and Quickbooks, although because there are a few different versions of our software and several different versions of Quickbooks, some integrations may work better than others. Can you send me an email (I'm going to include it in a private response) and I will get your information to someone who can help you better than I would be able to? -Brian

SE

Sue E.

Retail, 11-50 employees

POR good value

the software is great overall, the tech help has always been quick at getting back to us. POR has helped us greatly in looking after our inventory in retail and rental.

Pros

for our rental inventory, it has saved us time and money. the billing cycle is fast and easy.

Cons

nothing that comes to mind, everything has been good.

Thanks for the review, Sue! We're glad you're having a great experience with us and we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future! -Brian

ZP

Zack P.

User friendly and intuitive

Pros

The software is very easy to navigate. Very user friendly and constantly updating with new technologies and processes. Integration was simple enough, and rolling out the software to employees was painless. Training went smooth and had very minimal issues with older employees learning the new system.

Cons

Database cleanup after the initial merge was difficult. None of the equipment specs transferred over from old operating system so we had to manually do that.

Thanks, Zack! We're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental and we look forward to working with you and your team for a long time. =)

BJ

Bonnie J.

Rental Review

About the same as other rental programs

Pros

The ease of finding a rental item and renting it.

Cons

Sometime confusing on which screen to find something

Hey Bonnie! We're glad our software makes it easier for you to rent things. =D If you need help figuring out what screen you need to be in for particular actions, uLearn is a great resource and has hundreds of video tutorials and thousands of help articles to guide you through things. And if you have suggestions for what might make it better, let us know about them in uInnovate! We'd love to make the software even easier to use. =) -Brian

BE

Brian E.

Best Software I have ever dealt with

After dealing with rental software for 15+ years, we made the change to POR and I can't believe how good they are. I regret not making the switch 10 years earlier. POR is rental specific and they have made our process very seamless. THE best in the industry!!

Pros

Everything!!! Value, ease of operation, reports, functionality, service second to none

Cons

If I have to point our something...They are in Texas and we are in Georgia. So we are operating a couple of hours before they arrive...but they have always had an "early bird" on call to answer the simple technical questions.

Thanks for the kind words, Brian! We're glad to have had you as part of the Point of Rental family for so long and we're excited to continue to work with you and Northeast Georgia Rentals (even if it means we have to come in early =) )!

JR

Julie R.

I've been using POR for about 2-3 years. I learn more functions weekly. Very happy with the product!

Pros

Functionality is amazing. Learning weekly! We are definitely not using POR in all manners, so much to learn! Love the customer service and always willing to help us.

Cons

I wish delivery costs were able to be calculated by entering zip codes and not regions. I'd like to be able and type in where the delivery begins and where it ends to calculate the cost, especially since we have 2-3 store locations.

Hi Julie! We're glad you're enjoying the software! I have good news for you as well: You are able to calculate delivery costs by entering zip codes and, in the 2017 version (which you have), you're even able to charge by the mile. If you have any questions how to do that, you can call our support staff and they'll help you out. We're glad to have you as part of the Point of Rental family!

JC

John C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Rental software for growing company

good training during implementation, very good phone support, stable platform with good updates

Pros

Continuation Billing process, Day at a glance, Integrated Payment Processing, PO processing

Cons

Paying for optional module that do not work out after 1 month , no refund on balance of year term.

Hi John! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience - thank you for the review! -Brian

JS

John S.

Purchasing/Admin

fairley good customer service has gone way down hill since the pandemic

Pros

ease of use intergrated with old software

Cons

no way to back out of a contract page must delete or complete contract

Hey John! We're glad you're finding the software easy to operate. You ought to be able to back out of contract pages fairly easily in all of our products - can you email me and let me know more about what you mean, specifically (and which software product you're using)? -Brian

CS

Cindy S.

Point of Rental Rental Essentials

From 1-10. 10 being amazing...they are a 100 😊

Pros

I came to Point of Rental when my ow EXPENSIVE rental system crashed big time. Without my system, and found out just how poor customer service was with their competitor I was ready to give up. Then we heard of Point of Rental. Apprehensive we moved slowly with lots of hands on before deciding. Best advice I can give, DO IT. Do not wait. Best decision I have ever made.

Cons

I love my Tech Support person, She knows the ins and outs and I am so blessed by her service. I do feel the other Tech support people can take the lead from rep.

Thanks for the kind words, Cindy! We're glad to have you as part of the Point of Rental family. =)

CM

Charlene M.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Event & Party Rental

Overall our experience with POR has been a very pleasant and helpful one.

Pros

POR is very user friendly, and the IT department if very helpful.

Cons

POR and Web Pictures could be more easily shared.

Charlene, we're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental and we'll let the IT team know you've appreciated their help (and I'll share the picture feedback to product). Thanks for the review! -Brian

TS

Tim S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Versatile software

We have already solved alot of our issues using point of rental and looking forward to use the future to updates to help us take it to the next level

Pros

I like how many options there are with the software. I alsonoike the way we can have a say so in new features of the software.

Cons

Dont like inspection/Workforce. They both needs some features to make them a complete app. Sometimes I also feel that you have to click to many windows to go through some of the options.

Thanks for reviewing us and for helping ensure we'll continue to innovate, Tim! We're glad you're with us and we look forward to helping East Tennessee Rent-Alls "take it to the next level" as we add features to our apps based on your (and our other users') feedback.

AC

Andre C.

501-1,000 employees

Extremely happy with PoR. Excellent support from both the IT department and the support staff

Inventory sharing is great. We still have issues with the accounting aspect but mainly caused because we are new at using the software. Quick and easy to get information on a specific store. Also nice to have access to the databases. Reports are great as well.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use. Training is less than 3 days. We like the inventory sharing as well.

Cons

Dispatch center needs to be upgraded. The maps are outdated and it is extremely difficult to route routes when you have to pick up equipment at different sites. The logistic tickets does not work for us. In many places in the software the system does not keep the filters or sort whenever coming in and out. The administration of users is really hard for us as we have over 500 employees. Not easy to find the user as you need to scroll down until you find the proper user.

Thank you for that feedback, Andre! We appreciate your input, as it helps us guide the future of our software - we look forward to working with you to overcome the obstacles you're facing now and make the benefits even better!

DJ

Dustin J.

Point of Rental has increased our workflow 10X.

Pros

Our rental division Venue Services uses Point Of Rental Cloud version on a daily basis. The software keeps track of inventory, deliveries and pickups, and flow logistics. We like the inventory feature the best as it will notify us if we don't have any rentals items avail or enough of an item that specific day.

Cons

Point of Rental Cloud version is still growing. We wish it had a better yearly and monthly calendar view to see more events instead of just weekly view.

Thanks, Dustin! We're glad you're enjoying Rental Essentials. With our next update, you should be able to see your reservations using Google Calendar (hopefully that helps!), and we're developing long-term calendars within the software in a way that would work for all of our customers. We're glad to have you with us and we look forward to helping Venue Services further as we continue to add features!

SG

Sandy G.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Big Bounce

Awesome!

Pros

The control I have over every aspect of each rental, my products, the pricing, the photos. being able to just change the date of an event for a returning customer, instead of having to put in a whole new order. The time it saves me.

Cons

I want to get rid of stripe, and keep everything with point of rental.

Hey Sandy - we're glad you're having a great time with the software! We'll work on setting you up with a different payment processor - I'm 95% sure this is possible, but let me talk to our payments experts and have them reach out to you. -Brian

AG

Amy G.

Construction, 51-200 employees

We wouldn't be able to run our business without it!

As an expanding business, Point of Rental have been able to support us on our journey and implement processes which has streamlined our business, and made managing multiple depots easier.

Pros

Everything, we love the fact that the software is constantly developing and that there is a collaborative approach with our company, nothing is too much trouble and all suggestions are taken on-board developed into the product quickly and efficiently!

Cons

Nothing! All updates and feedback is taken on board so we can't fault!

Thanks, Amy, for the kind words. We're glad to have you and the team at Site Equip in the Point of Rental family - we love watching our customers' businesses expand!

EM

Eric M.

Retail, 11-50 employees

feedback

Overall the system works and is a good system for rentals.

Pros

Overall it is a good system. Has some good functions that help.

Cons

Overall Speed, crashes, printing problems that happen daily with no fixes, or solutions.

Hey Eric, we're glad that overall you think Point of Rental is a good system. The crashing and printing problems shouldn't be happening. Can you email me with some more information so I can pass along your contact info to our management team and hopefully we can get you the smooth, easy-to-use experience we pride ourselves on? -Brian

TO

Tina O.

Takes 3 times as long to do a transaction as necessary

None

Pros

I like the credit hold feature under customer account, that's it! I'm only writing this part because I'm being told that my pro review is too short.

Cons

Too many steps to do anything, constantly need to re-enter credentials every time you switch menus. Need to go to 3-4 different menus to complete just 1 task.

Hi Tina! We¿re sorry to hear that you¿re frustrated! Rental Expert, by default, is configured to require logins for each alteration in the system, which allows for more accurate tracking and logging of changes made. Computers (especially those at the counter) are often shared in rental stores, in our experience ¿ we want our customers to have accuracy in reporting without requiring users to log completely out of (and then back into) the system. For employees that have their own dedicated computers, there is an option that dramatically reduces the number of times you need to log in, however. We'll be reaching out to you today to show you how to do this. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

Nazli R.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

My Point of Rental Software story

I’ve been using Point of Rental Software since 2013 and I have absolutely using the software. The support staff is always there to help if you need them. I also really like the her help feature that allows you to read up on how to use the software.

Pros

Windows based Support team Ease of use Integrated website

Cons

Still working out the French translation

Thanks, Nazli! We're glad you're enjoying the software and our support staff. As you might have heard, we're making a push to get more French-friendly, having added a few French-speaking support team members and a French Canadian salesperson! We look forward to when we're able to be as magnifique in French as we are in English. =)

MM

Michael M.

Great System

It has been a valuable addition to our organization.

Pros

It is easy to train employees and easy to manipulate for individual use.

Cons

I would like to understand the fullest potential of the system.

Thanks for the kind words, Michael! If you'd like to really get into every aspect of the software with our team, we'd love to have you at our International Conference in November! You can register at conference.point-of-rental.com. =) It's three days of time spent on courses covering each module and processes, with one-on-one time to address your specific questions. (And of course there's lots of time to network with fellow rental experts and the rest of our staff).

AM

Amber M.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Alway Helpful and Fast

Pros

I like that there is so much to it, I am still learning what all it can do for the business

Cons

If we had a little more ability to correct things without customer support it would be easier than calling and waiting on the line, while customer support is always great it would be nice to just be able to fix it on our own within the software.

Thanks for the review, Amber! Hopefully some of the uLearn documentation and training videos that we added in mid-October will help y'all handle more of those data changes on your own. =)

Christina P.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Great experience, always something new to learn.

Staying on the forefront of technology, we are able to stay ahead of our competitors and provide our customers with professional services. The enhanced technologies allows us to better track our inventory and communicate easier in and around the organization. This software is the lifeline of our business.

Pros

I love how the company is continuously updating their programs and new technology is always being introduced to us consumers.

Cons

There is an additional cost to every facet of the system, but in the long run well worth the investment.

Thanks for your feedback, Christina! We're glad to have you as part of the POR family!