Point of Rental Software Logo

Cloud-based rental store/inventory management software

Point of Rental Software Reviews - Page 5

MK

Maria K.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Office Manager

Pros

Even though I spoke to a new customer service representative, he still provided excellent services, popping me on hold to check things he was not 100% sure of. He was very polite and sorted out my enquiry very quickly.

Cons

N/A

KL

Kyle L.

Arts and Crafts, 51-200 employees

Great software, great people

Saves me money by tracking every point of my rental fleet from my ROI to depreciation. Excellent customer service and an owner and staff that actually care about their customers.

Pros

The Day at a Glance feature, without it I would be lost at work.

Cons

Nothing, It has what I need to run our business.

Thanks for the kind words, Kyle! We're happy to have you as part of the Point of Rental family!

kg

kabe g.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Total Rip

None! Considering we never received a work program. We chose to go with POR because of the reviews and features it had to offer. We went with top tier to run everything from inventory tracking to delivery scheduling etc. However, after paying thousands of dollars for them to import all our data and give us training to run the software, we never received a working program after 8 months of going back and forth. They kept delaying and delaying. After hundreds of man hours that we spent with them, we just gave up and just asked if they can just let us log in and we would just enter our own data in. Even then, they didn't give us access or anything to work with. We are now currently dealing with lawyers to resolve this.

BP

Bridget P.

Wireless, 11-50 employees

Don't do it or get a visual ahead of time

Negative, lots of pain points, limitations, and workarounds to get it setup for us

Pros

We were excited to get a rental software to help make things easy. Some of the items promised in sales presentation, didn't happen and lots of workarounds.

Cons

Difficult to implement and onboarding was not organized or helpful. Continues to not work for our business. Sloppy data flow and not good with reporting.

AL

Andrew L.

Awesome Software!!

Point-of-Rental came into my life 4 years ago. I knew from the moment I laid eyes upon it, we were destined to be together. My life would be empty, soulless, and without meaning if it were not for Point-of-Rental. Over the years we have grown so close together, I honestly do not know how I survived so long without it. Its user friendliness is almost too good as sometimes I find Point-of-Rental flirting...

DO

Darren O.

very intuitive , you can do most anything from anywhere in the program

Pros

We really like all the changes that occur in the program to increase our business efficiency and profitability

Cons

Thanks, Darren. We're happy to have you as part of the Point of Rental family.Thanks for making the time to visit us at our Users Meeting!

CW

Chris W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

great people

Always good people to work with ., when I call I get answers , all ways upgrading software and looking for improvements so the software keeps up with the current times in the industry.

Cons

Thanks Chris! Glad to be a part of E-Z Rent-all and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

NW

Nick W.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Very poor initial training

Very bad initial set up, not enough time given to training. Extra training costs a fortune. Didn’t deliver what they promised when it came to reproducing forms, had to constantly push for action. A year on and still not using it.

Pros

Nothing. Very disappointed with the whole package.

Cons

Too generic, does not fit my business, very basic looking interface, it looks like it’s just a Microsoft Access programme, dated looking.

Thanks for letting us know there's been an issue, Nick! The issues you cite happen to be two issues we're investing a lot of time in right now - both a new interface and video training courses are in the works as I type and should be out later this year. I'll try to get someone on our UK team to reach out and see what we can do to help get you using the software in the meantime. I think once you're actually set up and are able to get the most out of it, you'll enjoy it a lot more. =) We appreciate the feedback - it only helps us as we strive to provide the best hire and rental software experience available.

SM

Scott M.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Top level support!

We needed to create an integration with POR that allowed us to provide data via the AEMP specification. We were able to do so in a few days; largely due to the high level of support we received from them. They were very engaged with us at every step and answered all our questions promptly. We now have multiple happy customers and are looking forward to adding more. Thank you POR Support!

Pros

The ease of integration using the AEMP specification and the ease of configuring the integration within the POR software.

Cons

We have had no negative experience whatsoever.

Thanks, Scott! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience! -Brian

TP

Tina P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Very User Friendly

Using the software makes renting a quick and easy process now. We are not wasting time writing, then entering data in 2 other locations. It is saving time, money and increases efficiency.

Pros

I like the tracking, the dashboard, and the reporting. Prior to using this software we kept a spreadsheet and had paper forms that took time. Now we are able to keep everything in a digital format. The only time we use paper is for internal use to pick, track and receive an item back.

Cons

Setting up price sheets was a little cumbersome, but after spending a little time on the phone with the setup team I understood it better. It is still a little confusing at times, but they don't mind me emailing for answers.

Thanks for the review, Tina! We're glad you like the software and appreciate you taking the time to review it. =)

NC

Nkwo Clovis T.

Computer Software, self-employed

Point of Rental Software Review

Inventory Management. Because of POR, we can now conveniently take track of stock in the warehouse. Accurate Order Fulfilment, Better Inventory Planning and Ordering, Increased Customer Satisfaction. Thank you for your services.

Pros

This is great rental software. User friendly and very helpful support staff. They are very responsive to requested features from their users. They have many years of experience in the industry. They have a wonderful system to manage availability of rental items. I will always recommend them again and again.

Cons

Just to encourage them to keep going to greater heights and equally keep upgrading their services to give customers the best user experience.

Thank you for the feedback, Nkwo! We're glad you're finding the software helpful. =)

CM

Chris M.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Overall Great for Rental

Pros

Easy to manipulate to in order for specialized items.

Cons

Sometimes it takes awhile to get thru all security to make items. But it sounds with Elite it is easy with permissions

Thanks, Chris! We're glad the software's easy for you to handle and hope some of the tips you learned at the International Conference will help make it even easier in the future.

ES

Erin S.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

Point of Rental Review

This software has allowed me to confirm, with analytical reports, the profitably of our decisions. While this is an obvious objective, there are few systems that allow a business to do this with ease.

Pros

The software is easy to use and allows for the entry and management of very detailed information. The analysis reports are excellent and when fully utilized they are immensely valuable from an operational perspective.

Cons

I have struggled with custom report creation and there is little information in the Net Help

Erin, we're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience! If you need assistance with creating custom reports, our support team will be happy to help you out - you have full 24/7 phone support here to back you up. =) Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family!

PW

Penny W.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Dispatch

Pros

Dispatching and scheduling for the most part

Cons

The pins accuracy and should be able to move the order on front page

KR

Kyle R.

Make the investment in your company with POR!

In my experience with Point of Rental, I have noticed three attributes that seem to sum up the priorities of the company. The first is the company culture. I have visited the Point of Rental offices multiple times. With each visit, I have continually been impressed with the enthusiasm and dedication of the staff. It is evident that the staff enjoy their jobs and through that are excited about...

SR

Sam R.

Retail, 51-200 employees

A way better option than Total Rental

Pros

Way more robust than total rental and at a comparable price

Cons

It can sometimes be glitchy but overall is a solid product that offers us flexibility and growth

Hey Sam, thanks for the feedback - We're excited to work with you as your company continues to grow!

AD

Arturo D.

Furniture, 11-50 employees

From an IT Administrator

Pros

The complexity of what's needed for our organisation to run, POR had found a way to enable those features.

Cons

Slow response rate to tickets. Escalation takes days

We're glad we're able to help you run y'all's business! We're also working on training our CSS team to better identify calls that need prioritized escalation, so hopefully that Cons issue is resolved soon. =) -Brian

RG

Rick G.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Point of rental review

Not good

Pros

The presentation when making contracts was well laid out

Cons

Horrible invoicing system. It screwed up our finances for an entire year.

CL

Chris L.

HORRIBLE !!!

After purchasing this software for dollars and and receiving the worst software & customers service I guess can buy. I opted to cut my losses ( within the first 9 months. ) and go to a company that not only appreciates their customers, but makes sure you have all that you need to succeed in your business and not just try to milk you dry with fee's, add-ons, Lies poor service!!! Do yourself a favor and STAY FAR AWAY FROM " P.O.R "

Cons

We're sorry you feel that way, Chris. Everyone deserves to feel that their rental software company appreciates them, not only for their business, but as a person. While we've heard from hundreds of customers who feel that we appreciate them, apparently you didn't feel the same, and we're sorry we didn't convince you that we care. We're happy you've found that with your current software company, and if you ever want to talk rental, we'll be here.

SL

Stephanie L.

Class Options at the International Conference

My 2nd year as an attendee and the refresher courses as well as new software implementation classes are great! I would love to see advance course classes when attending next year's conference. For example, I came with the question of how to keep track of laundry bags for customers to return. David Jensen shared his experience with keeping track of products that are not a rental item, but yet leave our warehouse with the customer. Perhaps have the class specific to the industry; party, equipment, etc... and have q&a with POR panel and perhaps long term customers on the panel as well. I really enjoy learning from other companies and how they handle certain POR procedures. I really enjoyed the 4:15pm - 5:15pm time on Wednesday meeting with POR staff with questions.

PS

Pete S.

Could Be Better

We tried several systems and this one was one of the better ones but one of the main issues is if you lose your Internet connection, while it being not a common occurance, you're essentially dead in the water unless you go with their expensive Enterprise version. I also noted that almost all the reviews here were written October 16 - pretty fishy.

Cons

Pete, thank you for your review on Capterra and for using Point of Rental Software. We host our International Conference each October and that is where several of our clients were encouraged to write a review about their experience with Point of Rental Software. We hope you have found a software system that works for you. If not, please give us a call at 800-944-7368 or visit www.point-of-rental.com.

CG

Cary G.

Top notch Service!

Point Of Rental has been there 100 percent, every step of the way as our company began the journey of getting our rental equipment online and finding a place to inventory our products online. Any problems, Brian McBroom and Evan Fort have gone out of their way to make sure they were solved and they have exceeded any expectations multiple times over. if we needed something adapted to our needs, it was taken care of quickly and rolled out to the whole system. It has been nothing short of an extreme pleasure to work with these guys! A+!!!!

BA

Bruce A.

Rental stores

The point of rental software is wonderful for rental companies. The sales part needs work as far as when it converts to an invoice. I didn't pay for the support but they have the FYI section and a chat with reps. I would recommend this soft ware to any rental store it takes a little bit to figure out but once you have it its easy

Cons

We're glad to hear you're enjoying our software, Bruce! We're happy to see the Did You Know section is helpful; our training staff has put lots of time into it.

JS

Jennifer S.

Great Customer Service & Support!

We switched over to Point of Rental about 8 months ago and I have been extremely impressed with the level of support that we have received. Whether it's over email or by phone, I have always gotten thorough answers to my questions. The support staff and programmers including Joe White, David Jensen, Lynne, and the rest of the team have been very helpful and friendly!

SV

Sheryl V.

Outstanding from Start to Finish

We've been using this software for about 7 years and have been very pleased with it from training and implementation to continued product development to the awesome support team!

Cons

Thank you, Sheryl! We're happy to be a part of Williams Party Rentals and look forward to continuing to help in the future!