Postage $aver

Low-cost software for preparing USPS postal bulk mailings.

visit website

Postage $aver Reviews

Pros

I have had companies overcharging for the same service, this product is great and provides great value.

II

ITZHAK I.

It shaves off hours of prep time, which makes our mailing jobs much more profitable. I'm so glad I stumbled onto this gold nugget in my Internet researching.

MR

Melanie R.

Frequent updates and customer service is extremely responsive to any issues. I've been a loyal customer for more than 7 years.

SL

Steven L.

Cons

Some of the spreadsheet sorting can be a bit awkward.

RP

Roberta P.

A little difficult to determine which class of postage to put items in. We process mail for other organizations that frequently change the pieces they are mailing.

ES

Elizabeth S.

SA

Steve A.

4.9

Mailing Made Easy

Instead of having to pay for the larger Mail Houses to process our jobs, we can keep in house with less concern about the Mail Houses going after our Customers. Postage Saver truly makes your job simpler and takes the guess work out when dealing with the USPS paperwork.

Pros

Whether you are using bar codes or not, the program is easy to use. Enter your information, locate the address list in question, then press 'start'. I use the program two to three times per week, you will not find a better product at this price point. Support has been great for couple of times I needed help, responsive and went out of their way to share how to fix spreadsheet issues.

Cons

Minor issue at best and more an issue with Mac OS, i have to separately print the Postage Statement, Qualification and Mail Prep sheets individually. Really a minor issue, takes an additional minute to go through and print each report separately.

Mike, Thanks for your kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad Postage Saver is working well for you. You should be able to print all the reports together when the report dialog comes up during the preparation process. Where you are limited, though, is if you choose "save as pdf" instead of printing, in which case it will only save one at a time. Again, thanks. We appreciate your business! Scott

Great Software is a Great Value

It enables me, as an independent contractor, to save my not-for-profit clients money by lowering their postage costs. Some of them have had to prepare bulk mailings manually in the past, and were confounded by changing USPS requirements. My ability to produce money-saving results with minimal effort seems like magic to them.

Pros

I've used Postage $aver for nearly 20 years, and it has greatly simplified an often-confusing and tiresome task time and time again. More recent versions, that produce high-quality versions of USPS forms, impress the staff at one of the Bulk Mail Acceptance facilities I use. Even as the volume and frequency of mailings I oversee decreases, I will continue to renew and support this software as long as I'm able.

Cons

Nothing, really, but I hope that a 64-bit version for MacOS will be available by the time its required.

Thanks for your kind review. I'm glad Postage Saver has worked well for you. We appreciate your longstanding business. Scott Postage Saver Software

Distribution Mail Outs

It's okay not great but okay.

Pros

That you can print out the tags even though I still have to mark them as non presort

Cons

I still have to fill out the forms to use for non presorted - parcels for Bound Printed Matter. The program doesn't recognize mailing out phone books. When I have called in the past the person I spoke with acted like I was an idiot and did not want to help.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. So sorry you had a bad experience. The software definitely prints nonpresort Bound Printed Matter, and does that automatically if you have fewer than 300 pieces per shipment. But the software still does perform presort, in order to get you better delivery, as recommended to us by USPS. That also prevents you from needing to sort by delivery zone. Can we talk about the problem you are having so that we can get that corrected? Scott Postage Saver Software

Appreciate the directing of the mailing list

Overall, I really enjoy using Postage Saver. It makes my job much easier, and I know that the mailings are being directed correctly.

Pros

I really appreciate that Postal Saver bundles the mailing list for me. Once we started using it, some of our subscribers received their mail more quickly as it was directed correctly.

Cons

I don't like that we can't select both trays and sacks for our mailing. We use mostly sacks, but one tray for our DDU mailing. It's not a huge deal since I use the Postal Wizard to enter the mailing. Along with that, the Postage Statement generated didn't display the DDU information correctly, but I was able to enter it correctly in Postal Wizard, so also not a huge deal.

Hi, Thanks for your kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you are getting better delivery now. If you're mailing periodical flats, we do give you the option of trays or sacks, so please let me know what you want to do that you can't. Also, let me know what you think is wrong with the DDU pricing - it is a confusing rule and we find that some post offices allow discounts that are technically legal, but I'm happy to look at it. Again, thanks!

Best bang for the buck

I have used this software for years to handle our small to mid size First Class and Marketing Mailings. Easy to use and dependable. Updates are provided as needed and normally uneventful. Often this was not true of the more expensive heavy duty products.

Pros

Simple. Enough features to do execute the mailings that we handle

Cons

absolutely nothing

Jayson, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. Glad that Postage Saver Pro is doing well for you! Scott Postage Saver Software

Thank You for a Great Product and Support!

I've been using Postage Saver since 2004. We use it to mail two magazines using Periodical Class Mail and barcodes. Very easy to use. The couple of times I had a problem, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was right on it with help. Even on the weekend! It has saved us a lot of money and time. It is not bloated with a lot of unnecessary stuff to slow down my old computer.

Pros

Postage Saver was very easy to set up and is very easy to use. Updates come in plenty of time and are easy to do. Postage Saver takes care of all of the Post Office forms and supplies easy to mail preparation instructions. Easy for an older non-tech person to use.

Cons

Have been very pleased with Postage Saver, no problems or complaints at all.

Brenda, Thanks so much for your kind review. I'm glad Postage Saver Pro has worked well for you. We appreciate your business. Scott

The best, most accurate and reliable mailing & postage software!

Have used Postage Saver for over 10 years, reliable, priced right and makes the Bulk Mail process easy.

Pros

Extremely easy to use, constantly updated to stay ahead of USPS postage rates and increases. Interface has an easy Step by Step walk through that guides the user through each mailing. All forms needed for mailing are conveniently printed out for the mailing.

Cons

No cons on Postage Save at all, Perfect!

James, Thanks for your kind words. We appreciate your business and glad that Postage Saver Pro is working well for you. Scott Postage Saver Software

Saves me $100's and I only use its a couple times a year

I have saved a bunch of money on my marketing mailers and customer gifts. really easy to use.

Pros

this program is straight forward, easy to use, customer service is helpful with any questions.

Cons

I think that the design could use a refresh. looks like it was make by an engineer in the 2000's. needs some TLC from a graphic designer.

Hi Robert, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad Postage Saver Pro has worked well for you. Your point about the graphics is well taken, and we have made some improvements in the past few months, but it's still on the agenda. Best wishes in the new year. Scott Postage Saver Software

Been using Postage Saver for years!

We have been using Postage saver for years. During that time we have used several different CASS software packages. Some have also offered software to sort and bar code trays. Postage saver has remained our favorite.

Pros

Easy to use, Forms are the same as the current USPS forms in appearance. It checks for current updates when it starts.

Cons

We mail several different types of mailings. I would like a easier way to switch between the setup information.

Chuck, Thanks for your kind review. I'm glad Postage Saver has done well for you. Scott Postage Saver Software

Great for small Nonprofits

We have only been on it for a few months but so far it has been great! My postmaster has no issues and our recipients are getting our mailings. Great customer support and it has a great price. What more can you ask.

Pros

We are a very small operation but used to be larger. I inherited a competing software that was better suited for large organisations. When I found Postage saver I was so surprised at how easy it was to get my bulk mail ready to go. I had a few questions in the beginning and i sent an email to Postage Saver and got a response that answered my question and a question i didn't know i needed to ask in less than five minutes! SO i guess ease of use and customer service are my favorite things. Oh and I save 95% over the cost of my previous software!

Cons

I wish it was easier to set up a mailing and save it for future use. When I started a new mailing for a speacial mailing I overwrote my normal monthly mailing and had to redo it from scratch. This might be an issue of me being newwe to the software.

Hi Mark, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to submit a review. I'm glad Postage Saver Pro is working well for you. There is a way to save a particular setup. You can use the Backup function in the File menu to save everything, then restore to go back to where you started. Let me know if you have other questions. Thanks again. Scott Postage Saver Software

Postage Saver for Mac

My mailiings are pretty simple....flats automation compatible...and I never have to worry about the changes. I love the software and particularly the outstanding customer service [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provides whenever I need answers to questions....exceedingly prompt replies and simple answers that can usually understand without having knowledge of the ins and outs of the postal system.

Pros

I am so happy that every detail of the postal system is covered by this software and that there are never errors. I find the postal regulations daunting and especially because of the frequency that the changes are made. There is no doubt that the system is complicated but the Postage Software software simplifies it for me beyond belief. I am always confdent that when there is a new change, I can rely on the software to address every one of the changes.

Cons

Not really anything.....I have never considered not using it. I would like to be able to view a copy of the postage statement before printing everything for those instances where I have not met the minimum weight. I sometimes have problems computing how many pieces I need to see the 50 lb minimum...my husband often has to help me with that.

Hi Arlene, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you've found Postage Saver so helpful. We appreciate your business. Scott

EXCEPTIONAL! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Working with this software over the past few years has been a blessing. I'm a small marketing & printing firm. It's a time saving, cost efficient must have for all those in the mailing business.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use. The reports, barcodes, etc are better than the USPS reports. Easier to read and navigate through the system. Whenever I had a question or was certain about an option, they were right there to assist me. They also provide regular software updates to remain compliant with USPS mailings. I would recommend this software to anyone responsible for regular mailings. It doesn't get better than PostageSaver!

Cons

Absolutely nothing. They have thought of everything down to the smallest detail like a box printed around the tray labels.

Phyliss, Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad Postage $aver Pro has worked well for you. We appreciate your business. Scott Postage Saver Software

Best Mailing Software

Any time I had a problem, either with the software or the post office saying something was not correct, I was able to contact PostageSaver and they were able to answer or correct my problems. I have been using this software for MANY years (I think more than 15 years) and PostageSaver has been right on the money.

Pros

This program fills out all of the marketing mail and periodical mail forms required for the post office. It saves a lot of time not having to manually fill out those forms. And it does it correctly. If you do any bulk or periodical mailings, this software is a must and it is very reasonably priced. It also does first class presort and bound printed matter mailing, although I have not had the opportunity to use those features. Once i found this software, I wouldn't do a mailing without it.

Cons

As far as I have found, this software is as complete as I need.

Kerry, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad Postage Saver Pro has worked so well for you, and we appreciate your many years as a customer. Scott Postage Saver Software

Postage Saver Makes Bulk Mailing Easy

We really like the fact that we save money on postage!

Pros

We like the fact that Postage Saver links with our MuniLink billing software, and sorts everything. It's great that it calculates the postage. Tech support has been very good when we have needed it.

Cons

There is one thing which could use tweaking, and I'm not sure if this is the billing software or Postage Saver. But, when the postal codes which tell you what bin to use and which bills go with them are printed out - the hand sorts are at the beginning. This would be fine, but the numbering is off - ie. Handsorts can be numbered 1-19, but this throws off the subsequent numbering. The user has to add 19 to every number in the list - not fun.

Hi Cathy, Thanks for taking the time to submit a review. I'm glad Postage $aver is working well for you with your Muni Link software. I'm pretty sure the issue you describe with handsorts is a MuniLink issue, since we don't use the term "handsorts" in our software anywhere. If you can send me a copy of what you are looking at, I can work with MuniLink and see if we can figure it out. Again, thanks. Scott Postage Saver Software

Worry free software for mailers

This software does the job for much less cost than other options.

Pros

As long as I can keep up with the required software on my Mac, this works well. It is simple and easy to use. I worried when Bulk Mailer switched to Windows only years ago. But I found Postage Saver to be less expensive and perfectly suited to my frequent 200 to 300 piece mailings. I am glad I found it and will continue to use it as long as I publish my little tabloid magazine (since 1981).

Cons

I have older computers and do not like having to move up to current systems. I recently bought a small MacBook so I could keep up with system updates that are compatible with current versions of Postage Saver.

Sandra, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write. I wish we could afford to support all Mac systems, but Apple continues to make changes that requires different code that's not compatible with older systems. As a long-time Mac guy, I know how frustrating this is (as we have to keep buying newer hardware to stay current as well.) I hope your MacBook is compatible with the new Apple requirement for 64-bit! Scott Postage Saver Software

Lives up to it's name

We have saved money since day one. Easy to train new users on how to use the software.

Pros

Easy to use and literally saves us postage over other products we have tested for our publication permit mailings. Excellent and timely customer service. Excellent sorting on our Excel files.

Cons

Will not do some discounts allowed under postal regs.

Hi Dale, Thanks for your kind words, and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad Postage Saver Pro is working well for you. Scott Postage Saver Software

Praise for Postage Saver

Postage Saver has made our mailing a blessing to the Post Office as it is so "correct"; they always smile when I deliver the trays!

Pros

I cannot narrow my praise for Postage Saver to one thing. We are a very small religious non-profit with a bi-monthly mailing of around 3000. When our previous software (Envelope Manager) was no longer available to us, we only found very expensive alternatives. I don't remember how we stumbled on Postage Saver, but it was a life saver for us and allowed us to continue to mail since 2012. While we are experiencing a change in direction at this time and haven't mailed for 4 months, we still intend to keep Postage Saver with the thought that we may resume our bi-monthly mailing in the future. If you process bulk mail, you need Postage Saver (coupled with Smarty Streets)!

Cons

I can't think of one thing I do not like about Postage Saver.

Jessie, Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm glad the software has worked so well for you. Scott Postage Saver Software

Exactly what I needed to send out business mail and save!

I have been able to sort, address, and send my business mail myself without paying for a print shop to do that for me. It's saved me potentially hundreds of dollars each mailing. (print shops usually charge about 10-15 cents to address and barcode the mailing per piece.) I'm a small business that only sends about 1200 mailings each month, that's a big savings. It's been very easy to use. I've even had an issue where I've had to call customer support, and was pleasantly surprised when the owner answered and solved my problem. I'd recommend this for any small or large business.

Pros

I like that Postage $aver is a pretty much is a "mailing for dummies" type software. It's very easy to use, sorts and barcodes my mailing lists for me and creates the mailing forms to turn in. I've never had any mailings rejected nor corrected using Postage $aver.

Cons

I don't really like anything the least. Probably if there was some way in the future to integrate this with the USPS Postal Wizard, as I still have to fill out the USPS Postal Wizard forms online for online job submission. The pre-printed forms from Postage $aver do make this step very easy though.

Steven, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad Postage Saver is working well for you. Unfortunately, USPS does not allow us to hook directly into the Postal Wizard, and while there are workarounds for that, they'd be pretty expensive to implement for small mailers. Thanks again. Scott Postage Saver Software

Works for us!

We've using PS for years and are very happy with it. It automated (to some degree) a manually system for us, saving lots of time and minimizing errors.

Pros

It's easy to use. The prompts are pretty straight-forward and processing time is quick. Integrates easily with Excel.

Cons

I do a mail merge from Excel to Word to print labels. It would be great if there was some sort of indicator where the each new tray starts, or if it can automatically insert blank rows in the Excel sheet for each new tray. Right now I have to go into Excel and insert blank rows manually to separate the label set for each tray.

Karen, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad Postage Saver has worked well for you. Re your suggestion, we are looking at ways to meet that need, but are really reluctant to add blank lines to a user's own data file. Do you print the tray numbers on the labels? Would it be helpful if we added a star (or something similar) to the tray number for the first piece in a new tray? Again, thanks. Scott Postage Saver Software

Saved my hair

Too many times, an upgrade is a harbinger of problems (Thank you Microsoft) The updates and upgrades have worked flawlessly, every time. And, not insignificantly, the price is VERY reasonable.

Pros

I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out the "new" postal forms several years ago, then I lucked on Postage $aver. It's easy to use, accurate to the mil ... and reliable. I can't say enough about support, although I've only needed it two or three times. I was contacted far quicker than I expected, and the support team knows their product. No hemming and hawing about, he got me fixed in an instant, or knew what MY problem was. You get rock star service.

Cons

My only complaint was years ago you couldn't figure DDU discounts on periodicals, but he fixed that problem in one of the upgrades.

Hi Paul, Thanks so much for your very kind review. We're glad Postage Saver has worked well for you. Scott Postage Saver Software

Fantastic Product for the money

It's been such a HUGE help for our receipting process and many bulk mailings ... has saved us Thousands of dollars. I love it.

Pros

Saved us many thousands of dollars in postage costs .... very well created, well maintained.

Cons

Could use improvements in the SDK for software developers who integrate this with .net programs. It's a little challenging to automate using vb.net. If that were fixed, this woudl be bullet proof.

Hi, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad Postage Saver has worked well for you. Scott Postage Saver Software

Postage Saver Review

My experience with Postage Saver, and with CSR himself, has been nothing but positive. He is very prompt and helpful whenever I have needed assistance and gets back to me in a very fast manner, which is refreshing. I have nothing negative to say. I highly recommend Postage Saver for those doing large mailings.

Pros

It takes all of the guesswork out of doing a large mailing. Everything is automated and very easy to use.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything I don't like about it. The only thing I can think of is the frequency of updates I receive from Postage Saver, but I'm assuming that has to do with changes the post office makes and Postage Saver is simply keeping our organization and software current.

Kris, Thanks for your very kind review. I'm glad Postage $aver is working for you. Yes, the frequent updates are a USPS requirement. They actually change the routing lists every month, but they give a months' grace, so we can combine them into just 6 per year. We appreciate your business. Scott Postage Saver Software

Great money saving software. Easy to use.

We have saved a great deal of money using postage saver. It has paid for itself many times over. Also, the developer is quick to respond if there are any issues, although I only had one problem in the years since I've been using it (about 5 years).

Pros

With Postage Saver I am able to add barcodes to my bulk mailing list which allows us to save a lot of money on postage and our pieces seem to be delivered quicker. Mailing services charge a lot of money to do this so by using Postage saver we save money and can mail out more pieces. New updates have added the AADC barcode which was missing before. It is continuously updated as well.

Cons

The user interface works fine, but it is not the most attractive software I have used. It is well organized though and easy to use.

Hi Steve, Thanks for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad Postage Saver Pro has served you well. Scott Postage Saver Software

Low cost, high quality postal sorting software - best in show!

I use Postage $aver almost every week to sort mailing lists and prepare postal documents. I'm a small direct mail company and simply don't have the budget for commercial postal software - but this is essentially the same thing. Easy to use with helpful tools and tips. Frequent updates and customer service is extremely responsive to any issues. I've been a loyal customer for more than 7 years!

Pros

Low cost, frequent updates and stellar customer service. The software is very easy to use with exemplary walk-through windows and instructions. This software is perfect for both new and experienced users of postal sorting software.

Cons

Nothing. I use it every week and saves me $$$ as compared to the more ridiculous over-priced "commercial" postal software.

Steve, Thanks for your continued business and for taking the time to write a review! Scott Postage Saver Software

A first-rate product with superior service and value

Postage $aver saves us time and money. It saves us so much compared to the complicated manual sort we used to do that it repays its entire annual cost every month or two. I've said this before to anyone who will listen: The rep provides the best, most responsive service I've ever experienced with any software product.

Pros

It works right all the time. When I report a question, issue, or suggestion, which is rare, it gets addressed very fast -- usually within a day, and often within hours. It's easy to install and use the product. The updates are also easy to install.

Cons

Hard to think of anything. They lowered the minimum sack weight at my request. I suppose it would be nice if they lowered it further, but we are OK with it.

Hi Alan, Thanks so much for your kind words, and for taking the time to submit a review. We'll keep working to make the product better, and appreciate your suggestions. Scott Postage Saver Software