ProPet Reviews

Pros

The customer support is fantastic. They take care of questions/suggestions quickly and resolve issues within 24 hours typically.

CC

Cheryl C.

They always seem to be working on improving it, which is great. Customer service is super helpful.

LN

Linzi N.

Amazing price, amazing program, and amazing response when you have a questions (Although the software is so easy to use, that we rarely ask for anything).

TR

Tami R.

Cons

Inability to book an ongoing daycare reservation without billing the client up front. Inability to include an add-on in a package that actually goes into the calendar for reporting.

SS

Stephanie S.

I absolutely hate that my clients can't pick an actual "service time/date" for their request from an availability.

JC

Jasmine C.

The mobile/tablet functionality is fairly poor, especially using the new Kennel View function, but it is in beta. The app is fairly weak as well and doesn't have many of the more advanced features.

DH

Dan H.

Nice looking user interface but lacks some of the features we want/need.

Pros

Friendly looking user interface with the ability for customers to have their own accounts. Customers like it. They can easily request reservations, upload vaccinations records and communicate with staff in one place. The customer support has been very good, but is only done through email unless you request a phone call.

Cons

Too invoice heavy. Some important reports for dogs are lacking or still in development. Some of the navigation is not intuitive or easy to use. Lacks some of the features we consider vital to ease of booking.

Hello Lori, Thank you for taking the time review our software. We appreciate your feedback! We are constantly working to improve the software and release new features and updates, so your needs will be fully met soon!

If you are looking for software that is simple to learn but big on options this is it!

It has helped me and my staff to be able to better communicate with customers, keep track of their pets needs and predict future revenue.

Pros

Customer service is top notch! Easy to learn software! Always adding new features! The modules can be purchased separately so you can add on as your company grows!

Cons

Hi Tracy, Your comments are very much appreciated! We're thrilled that our software is helping with your day to day.

Overall a great solution

Pros

It is very user friendly and the customers have a lot of control in their own accounts. It is fairly customizable. It can be accessed from phone, computer and tablet. It had almost every feature we needed.

Cons

It is a Canadian company so the date function works weird. You have to enter the year first and cannot manually type a date in.

Made My Life A Whole Lot Easier!

I own a new business (less than 2 years) and from the beginning, I have tried numerous booking systems but all of them came up short until I found ProPet. My clients find it very easy to book online and I love how all the necessary information is in plain sight. Booking is now a breeze and my life is a whole lot easier.

Cons

Hello Billie-Jo, Thank you so much for your review, we really appreciate your comments! We love having Calgary Dog House in the ProPet family.

Pretty good so far. Not liking that we can't send text message reminders for appointments.

Pros

Ease of adding a new customer is probably the easiest part of the software. Also like the reminders for expired vaccinations.

Cons

The most frustrating part of the software is no text message reminders for confirming appointments and no way to schedule appointments directly on the calendar.

Hi David, We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about ProPet! Thank you for your suggestions. We do plan to work on the SMS abilities as well as continue to build out the Beta Grooming Module. We are always happy to accept feedback from our customers!

Great Software that will soon be cutting edge

Thank you, Customer support for your absolutely awesome support. Looking forward to the daycare enhancement for indefinite bookings!!

Pros

Ability to move dogs from one kennel to another during their stay! Customer portal will be great!

Cons

Hi Stephanie, Thank you so much for reviewing ProPet! We're glad that you like the software, and appreciate your feedback and all of your suggestions.

Great Software

We love this software. We tried out many others before ProPet and I can say that this has been the easiest to use and it has a wonderful user interface. Customer service is awesome and they listen to each of your concerns as far as adding features and functions. We have no complaints so far.

Cons

Thank you, Heather, for your great review! We are always happy to consider our customers¿ suggestions.

Like having a Assistant

Have used other software. Love using Pro Pet it is like have a full time assistant. This software reduced my day by 2-3 hours.

ProPet is AMAZING!

I love this software, and I get comments from my customers all the time about how easy it is for them to set up their profile, make booking requests, upload vaccination info, and even pay their bill. Rep in the service department has also been amazingly helpful whenever I have had any technical questions. She is kind, courteous, extremely knowledgeable, and FAST!

Pros

I love how customizable it is, and how streamlined it makes the admin side of running a kennel.

Cons

A few little "bumps" along the way, but nothing significant.

Hi Sharon, Thank you so much for your thoughtful and glowing review! We are always thrilled to hear when our customers and their customers find our software easy to use!

This program is brillant so easy to use diffinetly recommend this to any one.

Just so easy to use. Has everything i need.

Pros

The ease of the program. Very comfortable to use on a daily bascis. As ive said below i did not have a lot of computer use so for me this has been a God send.

ProPet Software

Pros

We like the ability to combine all of our tracking in one product. Customers, sales, classes, boarding, etc.

Cons

It's still pretty new, and we have to wait for updates for features we need.

Fabulous Support

Getting started with ProPet couldn't be easier!! Customer Support has been spectacular and the developers of the product have been fantastic in customizing the software to our needs!

Pros

The ability to switch dogs from 1 kennel to another during the same stay. The ability for clients to self manage their information and bookings. The ability to list multiple colour codes.

Cons

The inability to make a recurring daycare reservation indefinite without charging the client up front. The inability to set up a package with an inclusion and still have the inclusion go into the calendar as a special service.

Happy with the full program

Pros

I don't have typical boarding and daycare but use those features for our training programs. It's great that the software adapts to our unique setup.

Cons

I really haven't run into any so far. It would be nice to assign a spot for daycare dogs over a stretch of days at once like for boarding vs dragging it Down per day. But this is something that is probably usueful to my business more than a standard daycare.

Hi Janet, Thank you so much for your kind review of ProPet. I'm glad it's working for your specific facility set up and appreciate your daycare suggestions!

Propet's support is second to none. You are not alone!

Organization is much improved including biling and scheduling

Pros

The ease of use for all of our staff is fantastic. Generally fairly adaptable to different types of businesses. The support from the company is top notch.

Cons

Hi Dan! Thanks so much for your kind words about ProPet! We are so glad it's able to help Dog Training Now. We do plan to update the mobile ability and the app - thanks!

I have had zero issues with Pro Pet and I am happy I chose it for my business.

Pros

Pretty much everything. I like the inflexibility and tbe add ons is great for my business as I offer a service but sell retail.as well. Im glad I did my reasearch and used them.

Cons

Customer service alone makes it worth every penny

Pros

It's easy to find where I need to go. I'm not going through a million different steps to get to a client from the home screen. I can access it from many different places with just one click.

Cons

I do retail sales (and I know there is an update coming soon), so it's one extra step to make sure I get the sales tax included. Not difficult by any means, but I just have to REMEMBER which can be difficult! And there are a couple other little quarks, although I can't remember them for the life of me right now, so must not be too important.

Amazing customer service

I recently switched to Propet from a different software and they have made the transition seamless. Amazing customer service that always has rapid and helpful responses. They appreciate feedback and will work with your individual situation/business. The software itself is easy to use, the layout is nice and intuitive and it's easy to go back and change details in the past. It automatically emails clients booking and invoice confirmations. It does everything a daycare and boarding interface should. Overall I'm loving my decision to switch.

Cons

Hi Casey, We are so happy that you chose ProPet; thank you so much for your kind review. We look forward to our future with Canine Existence!

This has been awesome for my business

time saver, organization, easy to use, customers comment that they love it, customers can personalize their info and shot records themselves

Pros

Easy to use for my customers as well as myself. I love the kennel view. I can look ahead at my week. It saves me time from taking phone calls.

Cons

I would like this product to alert me on my phone when requests come in. The company told me they are looking into this addition.

Hello Sandy! We really appreciate your review of ProPet Software and are glad you are liking it so far. We are always happy to hear your suggestions!

Should be the standard in vet care!

Pros

I have a vet friend who needed some help around the office and had recently switched to ProPet software. The staff at the office were super impressed with the software. They were able to move many of their existing tools onto the 'all-in-one' type software with ProPet. When I played around with it, I found it incredible well built with things where you wanted them to be. It didn't take long to become familiar with the layout and the location of the items you needed. The owner really like the ability to add modules as needed (ex. boarding/daycare).

Cons

I didn't get a chance to play around with the software enough to find my own con's, but the staff complained that moving from existing systems was tough as data elements were either not aligned or not present. Therefore it took them a while to update records, which in the long run is a good thing.

Amazing program that our clients find easy to use and convenient!

Pros

Love its functionality and how user friendly it is. It does 99% of everything we need for our business. Looks professional and high end.

Cons

Wish the private training options could be more customizable and that employees didn't have access to the dashboard or full kennel view options.

Hi Liliana, Thank you so much for your review of ProPet! We are so glad that it helps you with your business. That is a good point, regarding the employee access to the dashboard/kennel view and we do plan to make refine the user restrictions more!

So Happy I chose this one!!

Pros

Everything I need it to do it does! So easy to navigate and my clients are finding it super easy to use. Cuts my admin time in half!!

Cons

There are a few features they are working on which I would like to see done quickly. Such as the credit card processing integration.

Hi Christine, Thank you very much for taking the time to review us! We're glad that ProPet is making things easier for your business. For payment processing, we do integrate with both Payfirma and Stripe, but we are also planning on adding more options in the future!

Best software design ever.

Ease of use better connection with clients

Pros

Easy to use and access anywhere. Clients become connected to your facility and get knoledge from the customer portal.

Cons

There needs to be a app for clients to beable to receive the information and details they put onliner and so they can book apts from a app

Hello Ryan, We really appreciate your wonderful review of ProPet. I completely agree with you, it would be great if we had an app for the customers and it is something that we plan on offering in the future!

Perfect way to manage your pet business

Positive! Lots you can do with this app to make sure your business is running as smooth as possible!

Pros

Very user friendly & helps keep scheduled super organized! Love how you can text/share pictures with clients right from the app, accept payments, manage daycare/boarding schedules & activities. Keeps great track of all the dogs you interact with & their health history!

Cons

I don't really have bad things to say about this app, sometimes it freezes & refunding customers is still an issue.

Great program!

Pros

They always seem to be working on improving it, which is great. Customer service is super helpful! It's pretty easy to tailor to my specific needs.

Cons

There's a couple of little things, like how to do refunds with payfirma, etc that I know they are working on. Customer service sometimes takes a little while to get back to you but most of the time it's within a day.

Hello Linzi, Thanks for your review of ProPet! We're glad that it suits your needs and are always happy to help!

Used for a week. Not worth it

Really a waste of money really mad I actually paid money to use this program.

Pros

Truly nothing beyond hard to get a hang of the system.

Cons

Everything. Never did me nor my staff get the hang of how to use it.

Hi Samantha, I'm sorry you were not happy with our services. You selected the Pet and Client Manager subscription, which does not include booking functionality, so perhaps this is why you had difficulty. We would have been happy to help you with your ProPet account in any way we could, however you did not reach out to us. We do everything we can to properly train our customers and their staff so that everyone has a good grasp of the system and feels comfortable using it. All the best, The ProPet Team