Rental Essentials Reviews

4.52/5 (75 reviews)

gail pennock

my review

sorry pressed for time

Pros
you can do rentals and sales, easy to learn. staff are very helpful

Cons
that if you are doing a return of a sale it does not show ;amount refunded, I have asked for this many times already,

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Gail! From what I've been told, you should be able to see the amount refunded on returns of sale. Can you contact our support team so they can help make sure everything's operating properly?

Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family - we look forward to working with you and Turkey's Party Makers for years to come. =)

Arden Steffen

Been using it a few years, really helped us to modernize

Reviewed 2017-11-06

Pros
Ease of use and ability to understand it is fairly easy. The set up is very user friendly, even our oldest employee has found it easy to use.

Cons
Communication bewteen multiple stores can be improved. Sometimes when calling in for support I feel they aren't as trained as they could be.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thank you for providing that feedback, Arden. We'll get the new support staff spun up quickly on the software and get you back to the level of knowledgeable service you expect from Point of Rental. Thanks for being a part of the POR family!

Nazli Rahman

Using POR for over 4 years, use it on a daily basis.

Reviewed 2017-11-06

Pros
Very user friendly, net help feature has tons of useful information. Support staff only a phone call away, ready to help. This software is great when training new staff. Website integration with the software.

Cons
Somewhat challenging when it comes to having the layout compatible in the French language. We need that for the market we are in.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Merci, Nazli! We're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental and we look forward to working to make the software more friendly for our POR Francophone family.

Sarah Wheeler

Point-of-Rental_Review

Reviewed 2019-03-21

Couldn't ask for a better one !

Pros
They always have someone there that will help you ! if you can the helpline I recommend you ask for rep, she's super awesome!!!! very very helpful an patient. The net help is also pretty cool step by step directions for anything you search!

Cons
I don't have anything bad to say about point of rental

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Sarah! We're glad you're enjoying the software and happy to have you and Action Equipment as part of the Point of Rental family!

Mary Schwarz

Customer Support used to be great, now you can't get them on the phone!

Reviewed 2019-03-22

In the last 6 months: 1. we can't get anyone to call us back after we leave a message for support - they are always too busy to help us when we call in. 2. we can't get them to help us with new issues - such as scanning a new drivers license (POR blames the scan company, the scan company blames POR). We were sold on your system in large part due to this feature - and now we won't be able to use it! 3. today we got someone who had an attitude that was really not needed on the phone - when I asked to speak with someone else to help us, I had to request this 3x before she would agree to let me speak to someone else.

Pros
Great features for our industry. Used to love the way we could scan in a drivers license or info and photo, but now we don't have that option for the new MN drivers license. Like that the website automatically updates from information we input about our inventory!

Cons
Redundant features - having to click many times to close a contract when it is a simple close with no changes.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Mary, we're sorry to hear we haven't been living up to our standards in your interactions with us. Our team has investigated the issues and we've reached out to explain what's happened and how we're resolving those issues - hopefully you'll be able to return Keith's call. We look forward to working with you to ensure this doesn't happen again, for you or others.

We're glad you're a part of the Point of Rental family and thank you for keeping us accountable!

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Karen Anderson

Point of Rental

Reviewed 2019-03-21

We love the software. If we ever need support they are always so very helpful. If they don't know the answer immediately they are really good at finding the answer and getting back to us.

Pros
It is so easy to use. Reports are just a click away. They understand the rental business so the software is perfect for our rental business.

Cons
There is nothing I do not like about the software.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Karen! We're glad to have you and All Star Rental as part of the Point of Rental family!

Sonya Lopez

Amazing Customer Services

Reviewed 2019-01-11

I absolutely love this software any time I have questions or need help they help without any issues and are very prompt in getting answers for me.

Pros
What I like most about this software is that it's user friendly. The customer service is awesome along with the IT support. They never leave me unsure of what I'm doing.

Cons
I like everything about this software. No complaints!!!

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Sonya! We're happy to have you as part of the Point of Rental family!

Matthew Widing

POR

Reviewed 2018-11-05

Game changer for us as a small family owned business.

Pros
The ease of use and the customer service is always on point. Love when someone actually picks up the phone and helps us out.

Cons
Wish there was more automated printed reports weekly.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Matthew! We're glad you're finding Point of Rental worth your investment, and our support staff loves hearing they're appreciated (by someone other than us marketing folks telling everyone else how great they are). =)

Ralph Shaw

Ease and Efficiency

Reviewed 2018-11-06

There is so much I’m not doing that POR can help with, and I love figuring more out to make our job easier each day

Pros
Dispatch Center for routing trucks efficiently and tracking our staff throughout each day

Cons
Things I like least continue to be worked on and improved

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Ralph! We're glad to hear about your experience with Dispatch Center and to hear that our team is always working to meet your needs. Thanks for joining us at the International Conference!

Tim Heer

Perfectly happy

Reviewed 2019-03-21

Pros
Ease of use. Program was written intelligently. Their support staff listens to my concerns and help solve whatever problem I may discover.

Cons
Nothing comes to mind. If I think about I might ba able to come up with something.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Tim! We're happy to have you as part of the Point of Rental family and hope to see the A Tool Shed team at the International Conference again this year!

Heather Wismer

we LOVE Point of Rental

Reviewed 2019-03-21

So incredibly impressed with the quality of product and people they are putting out. GO POR!

Pros
Their customer service team is incredibly helpful and friendly. Calling them is never a chore.

Cons
It's not the prettiest, but it doesn't have to be.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Heather! And don't worry, your software is going to get prettier in the future. =) Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family!

Justin Prusi

Point of Rental

Reviewed 2019-03-20

We have trimmed operating costs, increased internal communication and enabled better planning for the future with Point of Rental.

Pros
Too many time saving features to mention. Innovation and advancement are the culture.

Cons
Shouldn't it all be free? Why does it have to cost money?

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks Justin! We're glad you're enjoying the software and we're happy to have you as part of the Point of Rental family!

alan elder

We changed 10 years ago; it's been great. its been great

Reviewed 2018-02-18

Pros
Everything about the software has been great. The software and the support staff has been there providing help every step of the way.

Cons
Having to change to PCI compliance was more trying than I (and my team) would have liked it to be. -ae

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Alan. We're happy to hear our support team has been so helpful to you. Thanks for visiting our Users Meeting at The Rental Show!

Rachel Wheeler

Point of Rental switch

Reviewed 2018-11-05

Point of Rental has changed our company functionality for the better and we are so happy to have made this change. We wish we had done it sooner!

Pros
We switched from a different system and POR has so many more reporting options and better functionality than we’ve ever had. There are so many more options on how to move around the system.

Cons
The only thing I’ve found so far that I would change is the way reports export into Excel. The added rows are a little bothersome but not a make or break problem.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Rachel! We're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental and we encourage you to request that reporting tweak within uInnovate so our development team knows about it. =) Thanks for joining us at the International Conference!

Kyle Landua

Great software, great people

Reviewed 2019-03-21

Saves me money by tracking every point of my rental fleet from my ROI to depreciation. Excellent customer service and an owner and staff that actually care about their customers.

Pros
The Day at a Glance feature, without it I would be lost at work.

Cons
Nothing, It has what I need to run our business.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for the kind words, Kyle! We're happy to have you as part of the Point of Rental family!

Andrew Layson

Awesome Software!!

Reviewed 2014-10-16

Point-of-Rental came into my life 4 years ago. I knew from the moment I laid eyes upon it, we were destined to be together. My life would be empty, soulless, and without meaning if it were not for Point-of-Rental. Over the years we have grown so close together, I honestly do not know how I survived so long without it. Its user friendliness is almost too good as sometimes I find Point-of-Rental flirting with my sales staff. I get a little jealous sometimes but when you are built with amazing code, its hard not to gain attention from other users. I often have to remind myself that its just software, a robot incapable of giving human emotion yet when you yourself pour so much into it. Point-of-Rental gives back so much yet requires so little in return. Between its CRM and Logistics/Dispatching capabilities it is almost impossible not be attracted to this man-beast code! In one word I would say Point-of-Rental is amazing! Once you get this software you will never look back. You will finally understand how mistreated you have been all these years from other Rental Software companies that promise you so much yet deliver so little. Point-of-Rental is the only way to go and if the day ever comes; parting would be such sweet sorrow. Until then I absolutely enjoy every moment I can with Point-of-Rental. So many memories have been made and I will cherish them forever. Thank you Point-of-Rental, my life is forever changed. Sincerely, A Happy Customer

Darren Olshetsky

very intuitive , you can do most anything from anywhere in the program

Reviewed 2018-02-18

Pros
We really like all the changes that occur in the program to increase our business efficiency and profitability

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks, Darren. We're happy to have you as part of the Point of Rental family.Thanks for making the time to visit us at our Users Meeting!

Chris Weaver

great people

Reviewed 2017-02-26

Always good people to work with ., when I call I get answers , all ways upgrading software and looking for improvements so the software keeps up with the current times in the industry.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks Chris! Glad to be a part of E-Z Rent-all and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future!

Erin Scott

Point of Rental Review

Reviewed 2019-03-20

This software has allowed me to confirm, with analytical reports, the profitably of our decisions. While this is an obvious objective, there are few systems that allow a business to do this with ease.

Pros
The software is easy to use and allows for the entry and management of very detailed information. The analysis reports are excellent and when fully utilized they are immensely valuable from an operational perspective.

Cons
I have struggled with custom report creation and there is little information in the Net Help

Response from Point of Rental Software

Erin, we're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience! If you need assistance with creating custom reports, our support team will be happy to help you out - you have full 24/7 phone support here to back you up. =) Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family!

Kyle Roberts

Make the investment in your company with POR!

Reviewed 2016-02-16

In my experience with Point of Rental, I have noticed three attributes that seem to sum up the priorities of the company. The first is the company culture. I have visited the Point of Rental offices multiple times. With each visit, I have continually been impressed with the enthusiasm and dedication of the staff. It is evident that the staff enjoy their jobs and through that are excited about their products and service. That leads me to the second attribute: customer service. Whether it is an in depth issue or a mundane question, the POR staff is always willing to help. With each phone call, they ask your name and how they can help. Their staff is very knowledgeable with how the rental industry works and how their software applies to each scenario. The third attribute is their dedication to the software itself. I have been using POR for five years and am just beginning to scratch the surface of its capabilities. They continue to listen to their customers and update the software regularly. With an industry like ours, in which ROI is king, Point of Rental is hands down our best investment.

Tina Olalde

Takes 3 times as long to do a transaction as necessary

Reviewed 2018-03-30

None

Pros
I like the credit hold feature under customer account, that's it! I'm only writing this part because I'm being told that my pro review is too short.

Cons
Too many steps to do anything, constantly need to re-enter credentials every time you switch menus. Need to go to 3-4 different menus to complete just 1 task.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Hi Tina!

We¿re sorry to hear that you¿re frustrated! Rental Expert, by default, is configured to require logins for each alteration in the system, which allows for more accurate tracking and logging of changes made. Computers (especially those at the counter) are often shared in rental stores, in our experience ¿ we want our customers to have accuracy in reporting without requiring users to log completely out of (and then back into) the system. For employees that have their own dedicated computers, there is an option that dramatically reduces the number of times you need to log in, however. We'll be reaching out to you today to show you how to do this.

We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Stephanie Layson

Class Options at the International Conference

Reviewed 2014-10-16

My 2nd year as an attendee and the refresher courses as well as new software implementation classes are great! I would love to see advance course classes when attending next year's conference. For example, I came with the question of how to keep track of laundry bags for customers to return. David Jensen shared his experience with keeping track of products that are not a rental item, but yet leave our warehouse with the customer. Perhaps have the class specific to the industry; party, equipment, etc... and have q&a with POR panel and perhaps long term customers on the panel as well. I really enjoy learning from other companies and how they handle certain POR procedures. I really enjoyed the 4:15pm - 5:15pm time on Wednesday meeting with POR staff with questions.

Nick Ward

Very poor initial training

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-03-21

Very bad initial set up, not enough time given to training. Extra training costs a fortune. Didn’t deliver what they promised when it came to reproducing forms, had to constantly push for action. A year on and still not using it.

Pros
Nothing. Very disappointed with the whole package.

Cons
Too generic, does not fit my business, very basic looking interface, it looks like it’s just a Microsoft Access programme, dated looking.

Response from Point of Rental Software

Thanks for letting us know there's been an issue, Nick! The issues you cite happen to be two issues we're investing a lot of time in right now - both a new interface and video training courses are in the works as I type and should be out later this year. I'll try to get someone on our UK team to reach out and see what we can do to help get you using the software in the meantime.

I think once you're actually set up and are able to get the most out of it, you'll enjoy it a lot more. =)

We appreciate the feedback - it only helps us as we strive to provide the best hire and rental software experience available.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Cary Gordon

Top notch Service!

Reviewed 2015-07-24

Point Of Rental has been there 100 percent, every step of the way as our company began the journey of getting our rental equipment online and finding a place to inventory our products online. Any problems, Brian McBroom and Evan Fort have gone out of their way to make sure they were solved and they have exceeded any expectations multiple times over. if we needed something adapted to our needs, it was taken care of quickly and rolled out to the whole system. It has been nothing short of an extreme pleasure to work with these guys! A+!!!!

Bruce Adkins

Rental stores

Reviewed 2017-04-04

The point of rental software is wonderful for rental companies. The sales part needs work as far as when it converts to an invoice. I didn't pay for the support but they have the FYI section and a chat with reps. I would recommend this soft ware to any rental store it takes a little bit to figure out but once you have it its easy

Response from Point of Rental Software

We're glad to hear you're enjoying our software, Bruce! We're happy to see the Did You Know section is helpful; our training staff has put lots of time into it.