Twice Commerce Logo

A platform for renting and selling products as a service.

Twice Commerce Reviews - Page 2

HG

Henry G.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Simple, easy to use and powerful.

Online Reservation and Checkout system that keeps track of inventory to prevent overbookings.

Pros

It is easy to create and customize products. The WordPress plugin keeps customers on our site, and products display is ideal.

Cons

I would like to see more integrations with "Make"(integromat) and/or Zapier to better improve customer experience when reservations are rescheduled, cancelled, etc. for triggers to happen and work with other apps such as ActiveCampaing, GoogleSheets, etc.

Many thanks for your feedback, Henry! We really appreciate it :) More custom integrations is something we want to enable in the future, for instance with introducing new triggers to select from in our webhooks. Feel free to keep an eye on our product updates to not miss out on anything:https://updates.rentle.io/

TV

Tim V.

Events Services, self-employed

Using as rental tool for sound/light company.

Overall I'm very happy with Rentle. I love using is, it's very easy. That's also the reason I'm willing to pay the more expensive subscription, because I can't think of doing my job without it.

Pros

I started with Rental when they had a very cheap subscription, so it was the best tool for the buck. It is very slick in looks and is very easy to use. In a couple of minutes I managed to create my first products and could publish the online shop on my WordPress website. When I had questions, I got a really fast response of the support team. I even had 2 videomeetings with them, so they are really into giving good support.

Cons

I still miss the ability to create packages with multiple devices of the same product. This moment you can create packages, but with only 1 item of each product. I contacted the support team and they ensured that they were working on a revised packaging system. I'm really looking forward to that update. Second bummer was the update in subscription model. This made Rentle for me (as a very low user)...

Thank you Tim for your feedback and glad to hear you are happy with Rentle. We are really looking forwards to updating the package product feature and will let you know as soon as the improvement is released. //Joel

ME

Martin E.

Machinery, self-employed

Very active development, which has both pros and cons

When I started my rental business there wasn't really any alternative to Rentle but as I started using them, I realized that it was exactly what I was looking for - a turn-key solution to start renting out equipment, without any up-front costs and quick to get started with. Although there were a couple of features I would like to have it did all I needed it to, and during the time I've used Rentle most of these features have been added. Customer service is great to work with and if they can settle on a pricing model there's very little I can complain about.

Pros

The developers are very active and listen closely to their customers, and they implement and improve features constantly. The integration with either WordPress or a simple, static HTML is very straight forward. Every time I've had a question or concern Rentle was quick to reply and always took my issue seriously. I've even had online meetings with representatives from Rentle where I could elaborate...

Cons

At times it feels like the developers are adding and changing too much which makes it difficult to keep up with new features and functionality, both for me as an admin and for my customers. This also results in a somewhat messy and inconsistent admin interface. Some settings are under Settings, others under Account, and some have their own item in the menu. When the inventory functionality was redone...

Hi Martin and thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. We're constantly working on improving the experience for our clients. Reach out via the in-app chat if there is anything you need help with! Kind regards, Polina

Lasse N.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Revolutionary for rental and activities business model

Superb support and reaction time for problems. I have never experienced such a great attitude towards users from support people.

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use, integrated payment options, broad scope that can be used to make all our activities, rental products, tickets, etc. products available for online booking

Cons

Rentle is still under development so there are many things missing but all the essentials are there to make the business roll. Rentle is developing new features in a rapid phase so the features missing now, might be there tomorrow.

Hi Lasse, thank you for the review and partnership so far.

HG

Henry G.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to Use and Intuitive

Most Reservation software out there is designed for Events (think; a specific time, date and spots to fill). Rentle gives users the ability to create events, but its power is in its ability to manage inventory of rental equipment like no other software I know (think: I have 50 bicycles, horses, or surfboards (inventory) that I want to rent on a daily basis to as many people as possible without worrying about overbooking and maximize profit and customer satisfaction) - that is Rentle.

Pros

I love the recommended products feature for up sales and faster customer checkout. It was very easy and intuitive to set up on my own and the interface is so very clean and appealing to me and to my customers.

Cons

As an e-marketing business using Rentle for its handling of inventory, scheduling, and intuitive user interface; it's missing something else for our business model. That is, and embed capability for the back end usage from our own website to manage reservations, scheduling, cancellations, extensions, as well as the capability to embed it with limited access for employee/managers only for essential tasks as the ones already mentioned.

Thank you Henry for all your feedback. We are really happy to have you using Rentle and we look forward to improving our platform for the needs you listed! Kind regards, Joel

UH

Unique H.

Giving it a try

Overall I am satisfied and as the business grows I hope more features are added.

Pros

The main reason I choose Rentle over a different platform was for the booking feature. I needed a calendar that syncs with 2 different rental products.

Cons

I really do wish the online store had way more customizations to make it look more polished. I was advised to embed Rentle into a 3rd party online store platform to get more custom features that I need. At this time I am trying to keep costs low so I will deal with the lack of customizations for now. Adding simple things like, better home page layouts, adding pages for FAQs, email collection for site visitors, etc. Also at this time, I have no information on site visitors, traffic, SEO, ETC.

Many thanks for your feedback! I am happy to let you know that adding more customization options for the online store is already part of our roadmap. I'd encourage you to subscribe to our product updates and not miss out on anything new: https://updates.rentle.io/

CB

CHASE B.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Review on Rental

It's a great platform that makes renting items easy to do for businesses. I would love to have credit card on file added, and to be able to negotiate rates.

Pros

Ease of use Clean interface Inventory and booking options

Cons

Cost per transaction could be lower. I would rather pay a flat rate, vs paying a % per order. I would ideally like to have the ordering processing fees to be sub 4% for stripe and rentle combined, and will explore alternate payment options to see if there is a way we can get there. Paying close to $600 per 10k in sales is too much.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review, Chase! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you liked our interface and found the company to be aligned with your company goals. Unfortunately, we cannot lower our commission fees, as only a part of it goes towards our development and maintenance, while the rest goes to the payment processor. As your business is scaling up, it might be beneficial to switch to another plan — the difference in transaction rates oftentimes covers the price increase — for example BUILD would bring your commissions to a sub-4% level (+$0.30 per transaction). If you have any further questions or want to discuss alternative plan options, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Best, Twice Commerce team

LC

Lewis C.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Amazing Software, Perfect for my Needs

Pros

From the start, the software was very intuitive and easy to use; I could start adding products straight away. The professional-looking storefront is an immediate attraction to the software as this represents my business. While slightly confusing at first, differentiating between products, articles, and SKUs is very logical and has helped to organise my inventory.

Cons

There are a few annoyances that you might expect for software in development. Things like: in your inventory, when changing which columns to view, you would expect this to be a permanent change as then you're only viewing the information that's important to you; the ability to add specifications to an article is great, however it would be really useful is these could then be shown on each product as well; Finally, the ability to add more than one custom field at checkout would enable me to get more info from a customer, before placing their order. These are only very minor gripes at what is a truly amazing piece of software that is really making a difference in the e-commerce world.

Hi Lewis, thank you for your review and comments! And also thanks for the feedback, even the minor gripes are very much appreciated by our product team.

CG

Carlos G.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Great software, if you have a developer on your team the software can do even more!

Is great!!! The UX/UI is well implemented

Pros

The API and customer support, they are always willing to help and improve. The software has a lot to deliver

Cons

Pricing, the software is really valuable but it can improve on pricing

Glad to hear you are enjoying the UX of our platform and thank you for all the feedback! Kind regards, Joel

GP

Gary P.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Helped us get started, but not a long term solution

Fast to get started. Great to be able to get basic functionality online in less than a day. Support has been good. But ultimately lack or pricing flexibility, payment provider limitations and costs. and inventory management limitations make this a short term solution for us.

Pros

Fast to set up and use. Low learning curve. Works well for what it is.

Cons

Extremely limited pricing capabilities. Can't set different prices for different times of year or day.of week. This has cost us thousands in lost revenue. Can't take a boat out of service for scheduled time (routine maintenance). Boat is either in service or out of service and Can't for example take it out of inventory for Tue and Wed without blocking it for the entire future. Have to resort to work arounds like fake bookings. Rentle adds an additional surcharge on top of Stripe fees, which are already high. Can't select my own payment processor. Reporting is extremely limited.

Thank you Gary for taking the time to write us feedback, we really appreciate it! I've just checked with our product team and introducing more flexible ways to price your products as well as improvements to our inventory management are high priority on our roadmap. Today we have released support for choosing whether to renting or selli your products which already introduces a lot of flexibility when creating your product catalogue. Hopefully we are able to release the improvements you are waiting for very soon. We will keep you updated. Best, Joel

Tim B.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

The best rental platform for businesses of any size.

Rentle have provided me with an extra dimension to my bicycle rental business. They have enabled a cost effective digital booking system without the need for hardware. Their team are fantastic and always on hand to solve any questions or problems I have had. I've been so impressed with their positive approach and have always felt valued as a customer.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and can be adapted to fit a variety of different methods of working. The software is very intuitive and adaptable and allows for surface level engagement through to in-depth use depending on need.

Cons

I would like the booking confirmation / end user engagement to be more customisable. At the moment it is a generic email confirmation which is fine but would be improved with ability to send more bespoke confirmations / engagement.

Thank you Tim for all your feedback. We are really happy to have you using Rentle and we look forward to improving our platform for the needs you mentioned! Kind regards, Polina

DS

Danny S.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Rentle - grows with you great

Our business foundation is built off of Rentle and we're thrilled to scale with rentle as they continue to increase the number of features offered.

Pros

We are early on in our business, and my favorite part about rentle.io is the ability to expand on the platform as needed. We were able to test it for free in a trial environment, and then expand to use more of their product features with their "block" upgrade system.

Cons

I don't love the way the pricing breakdowns for various rental lengths. I would like to see a more intuitive sliding scale where rental rates decrease by a % or flat rate for each additional day.

Thank you for your feedback Danny! We are introducing more flexibility for the product pricing settings and your comments are very valuable for our product team. Best, Joel

HS

Henri S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 employees

Rukakeskus

Overall experience has been good and I'm glad we made the decision to switch entirely to Rentle for this season!

Pros

I liked the fact that we got rid of the paper rental agreements. Rentle helped us increase our sales because the program itself offers extra items for rent, VIP packages etc. Program was easy to use and learn for our employees.

Cons

- Little more flexibility on the modifications. For example it would be nice if administrators could change the texts that Rentle displays after a customer has completed filling his info. - Reports are OK, but I would like little more detailed reports. We have three rental shops and now the report is from all three together. - It would be good to be able to stay on track on individual items rental history. For example; scan the barcode from a ski and from that get the rental history of the ski.

Thank you for your kind review, Henri! It's nice to hear that in most parts the experiences with Rentle have been good. All the cons you mentioned (reports based on location, individual item's rental history, and more flexible text fields) are currently in the development, and we're excited to launch them before the start of the next winter season.

JS

John S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Articulate Order Management Solution

Pros

Twice Commerce has a focused inventory management solution, which brings accountability.

Cons

Twice Commerce is professional, and it articulates all the inventory management solutions.

GF

Gary F.

Retail, self-employed

Local Lego Set Hire goes nationwide

Great, and we've had the first nationwide rentals without a processing issue and I hope this helps boost the business further.

Pros

The support has been invaluable. Setting everything up as a novice is not easy adding 67 sets and some in multiples. There are lots of settings needed, and support helped me to find the right methods of offering my services.Now my business has started, I will be contacting support again to ask for tips and tricks to make the most out of this system.

Cons

The hire store does not have a search bar, so poeple can't simply search for their preferred Lego Hire set, they have to scroll through all.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, Gary! Adding a search bar is something we definitely want to add to the Rentle Store. Keep an eye on our product updates, we'll post it there first, as soon as it will be available: https://updates.rentle.io/ Let us know anytime if we can be of any assistance! Best regards, Bianka

BR

Ben R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

TheRecoveryClub

We are very happy with Twice commerce and would definitely recommend to anybody looking to set up a rental website similar to ours. It is easy to use and quick to set up, with good advice offered when help is needed.

Pros

We liked the ease of the website. We looked around for the right provider and found Twice to be the best around for the price. It is easy to use, easy to set up and there is plenty of help on offer should you need it.

Cons

Occasionally the website can be hit and miss. It hasn’t been a problem for us yet, but we feel we may have lost out on a couple of rentals from the rental calendar having a bug

Kevin K.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Rentle solves a problem for rental owners

Pros

I like that Rentle has multiple pickup locations enabled, and the interface is simple, easy to learn. It is smooth functioning on my Squarespace website and looks beautiful. Provides a no-code solution to take payments and deposits.

Cons

I wish there were more options to customize the calendar function of Rentle, and also, remove the Privacy Policy popup. Last nitpicky thing is I wish that renters can select the pickup location first, before they select the date that they pickup the car, and before the calendar part.

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the kind review! We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed our interface design and embedding capabilities. The customisation-related features are something that we keep in mind and are working towards - so be on the lookout for some exciting news coming out soon! We're also here to update you about the pop-up notifications: the only window your customers get is related to cookie tracking, which can be modified through the admin. Best, Twice Commerce team

JA

Jacqueline A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Why we switched to Rentle

Overall we really like Rentle and it fits are basic needs.

Pros

We switched from Six Booking to Rentle for the inventory feature and ease of use. It was easy to set up and met all our important needs.

Cons

I would like more options for editing the online store. The layout is very limited.

Many thanks for your review, Jacqueline! glad to read you found Rentle's inventory beneficial and easy to use :) I am happy to let you know that further customization options are already part of our roadmap. Feel free to keep an eye on https://updates.rentle.io/ to not miss out on any updates that might interest you! Best, Bianka

AM

Alex M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great Rental Software!

Pros

I've demo's a lot of rental software companies and used a few of them. Each one had glaring holes in inventory management or were not user friendly on the backend, the customer booking portal or both. In addition, they were usually way too expensive for for being incomplete rental software. Rentle is easy to setup and easy use on the backend and online reservation portal is really user friendly. Clean look that fits with our website's aesthetic. Track inventory, check out, check in, make edits to reservations and tracking bookings is all straight forward and easy to use! Stoked to have found Rentle.

Cons

As soon as online payments in the US are up and running this will be the complete package for us!

Thank you Alex for your review! We are stoked to have you onboard and we are working hard to bring the online payment support to the US!

HL

Henrik L.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to use booking service!

Very happy and satisfied

Pros

Easy to use Free plan Alot of settings/variations Excellent customer service Wordpress plugin Translation support Customization!

Cons

Might be a bit pricy for small businesses

Hello Henrik and thank you for your review. Happy to hear that you have been happy with the ease of use. Let's stay in touch!

GA

Gretchen A.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Best rental software for the money

I have had a great experience so far with the free version. I will be checking out the free upgrade and will update my review once I try it out. I am hoping to add the additional features like promotional codes, variations, and manual order entry. I will review those later.

Pros

Cost for small business just starting out was awesome! Customer service is great. Easy to use.

Cons

payment processing fees, no payment integrations with lower fees available in the US.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Gretchen! We really appreciate it :) Feel free to reach out to us anytime via the chat and we are happy to help you getting started with any of our Blocks as you mentioned discount codes, product variants or manual order creation.

RP

Rand P.

More Flexibility than ever

Pros

The mixture of the online booking process and option of sending manual booking links/payments links has been really great.

Cons

A lot of the customisable features are only available in the premium subscriptions, but the pricing still seems fair.

Many thanks for your feedback, Rand! Gread to read you are finding so many features to make your operations easier than before :) We just recently published new pricing plans - Feel free to reach out to us via chat or email and we'll be happy to support you in finding the right plan for you and your business.

TT

Teijo T.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Very good experience so far

Still early in the process but Rentles support and willingness to get things done is great!

Pros

Rentle is very intuitive, easy to use and has bunch of functionalities. You're good to go very quickly.

Cons

Tricky to suggest an alternative location for a customer that is looking for a specific product in network of multiple near-by locations. If the location preferred by customer has no inventory, by default customer needs to check other locations manually.

Thank you for your review, Teijo! It's charming to hear that we are hitting the mark regarding our mix of functionalities that solve even the most complex rental processes. We will continue to improve, and I can assure you the results will continue to drive the industry forward.

AV

Andressa V.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Overall experience with Rentle

Overall good, good customer service, easy way to use.

Pros

The easy usage and consumer friendly navigation.

Cons

It is really difficult to set up the payment, until today I have not received my money from the transactions as there are still problems with setting up my payment account. It is definitely the most difficult set up I have come across on these type of websites.

Hi Andressa, Thank you for the kind review, we're happy to hear that you found our software to be consumer-friendly :) We're sorry to hear that you've ran into delays during the payments setup. Unfortunately, the verification process can be quite lengthy, since the payments processors we're working with place a lot of importance on the security of transactions. Saying this, we try to provide a lot of support to our users during the process and have now published a detailed guide on the payout schedule — we hope you'll find this material useful. If you have any further questions or insights to share, please don't hesitate to reach out to us! Best, Twice Commerce team

EH

ELIYA H.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Simple interface, easy to understand and outstanding customer service.

We are a small business. We operate at a physical shop and via Instagram. We realized we can improve our sales if we bring our rental platform online, and Rentle provides us just that. It allows us to operate online and send deliveries via post. Customers no longer need to visit our physical store to rent items.

Pros

First of all, I appreciate that Rentle provides a platform for small businesses to try the market and grow. Its free trial contains functional features that allow small businesses to operate the system properly. To us, we appreciate this function and will opt for the paid services once we reach a threshold of growth that enables us to invest more on the system. Its customer services is outstanding. Even when we are not paying customers (on free trial) we received incredible support from the team. This allows us to understand the system better and use all features for our business. The interface is convenient for customers. It is easy to set up and easy for us to understand.

Cons

There are some features that can be improved. The system is created with sports equipments in mind, so most features are targeted towards that. For example, the customer information that can be collected from customers is limited to those related to sports. It can be better if the questions are more general or perhaps, some forms can be left blanks to allow administrators to ask their own questions.

Thank you for your review, Eliya! We are glad you see how receptive we are to the needs and wants of our clients. We hope you like the improvements and thank you for the feedback.