All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Revelation Pets

Online software for kennel and cattery management

Revelation Pets Reviews

Helen K.

Read the full review
Customer service responds instantly and solves all issues and helps to come up with creative solutions. Love the ease of use and the modern design.

Emmily B.

Read the full review
My customers love it for its professional design and the clarity of the information I am able to pass on to them. The customer support is excellent.

Carolyn T.

Nicholas M.

Charity S.

Read the full review
I was always a bit fearful that I would find it too complicated and although have had a few trials and the rep was always so patient with me, I still hesitated.

Carole G.

Read the full review

Great features, support and development

Automation of bookings saves us a lot of time. Payment processing saves time and helps us report. Professional experience for our customers. Record keeping and security checks. etc. Ensures that pets are all up to date on vaccinations.

Pros

ease of use. Good elegant design both technically and human interface. Good integration. Good software development path with new features being added.

Cons

I'd like the Credit card/Stripe integration to be a bit neater. I find it a little confusing. sometimes it is not obvious if your payment has gone through. Same for refunds. Stripe and Revelation pets can become out of sync if you do a refund on the stripe console for example you have to replicate it in rev pets. When taking payment it is not always obvious that payment has been sucesful so I have to go into the stripe console to check. The payment options in the drop down list could do with refining e.g. credit card, debit card and stripe. I have been caught our and clicked on credit card when I should have selected stripe.

Revelation Pets Boarding Software

I am so glad I switched from my old provider to this one. I thought my previous provider was good but this has far out weighed the expectations I had at the start - it has a neat, clean and tidy appearance. It is specifically for boarding animals which is brilliant. The team take on board suggestions and try their best to help and sort out any problems.

Pros

The ease at which it can be accessed from ipad, laptop and phone from anywhere with wifi. The ease of creating an invoice and sending it to a customer. The variety of reports that can be created. Individual Pet profile for boarding animals. If there is a problem then the Rev pet staff get back in contact quickly. The use of vaccination information is an excellent feature and related reports and how this can be integrated into communications with guests. The use of electronic payments for things like deposits and appointments. the appearance is clean and slimline and looks very professional. I like that the rev pets team are willing to listen and take onboard improvement suggestions and are continually striving to improve their product

Cons

it is still being improved and just a few little things need to be quickly ironed out such as the available appointment times being specific not just general. a few things can only be updated by the admin once a pet profile has been set up eg adding a vet details

Used to be good until it was bought out by a big corporate in April 2020

Pros

It is reasonably intuitive to use once familiar with the product. It has a well rounded feature set including customer reminders, various adjustable report settings and integration with third party software.

Cons

For the first 3.5 years of using this software, it has been very reliable, and the developers were very proactive and responsive to suggestions for changes and improvements, and it was not uncommon for the software to be improved upon every couple of months. However since the software was bought up by Gingr in April 2020, there have been no new updates at all, and it has become unreliable and I no longer trust it to give me accurate information. Unless changes are made, I will be looking elsewhere for other alternatives.

Hi Matt, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We understand how important feature updates and improvements are to the facilities using Revelation Pets and we intend on continuing to provide this going forward. I would like to provide some background regarding why we saw these updates and improvements slow down. Revelation Pets was acquired by Togetherwork in March of 2020 shortly...

Tested Everything in the Market

From migrating into it, to our daily use, we love Revelation Pets and it has been a great experience. We tested 3 other dog hotel software and all failed to tick all the boxes except RP. Try it out, you will not be disappointed.

Pros

This software is robust but with an easy user experience. I found this the hardest feature to find and it was the most important to us. We had previously worked with software that was incredibly robust and useful but training was a nightmare. No one could learn it on a one off. Revelation Pets is intuitive. A new employee can sit with it for 20 minutes and quickly understand the basic functionality. It integrates with Square amongst other payment gateways. It's online booking for clients is also easy and has a nice UI. It has all the features we need without clutter or confusion. Best of all is the customer support. It is the best of any software I have ever used. They are prompt and attentive.

Cons

The cons I can think of are things I cannot do with it yet that are really just specific to my use. Like, I could use the ability to also sell grooming packages or handle recurring monthly services but that doesn't speak to the software as a whole, that's just us.

This software is a great value for the money!

Pros

Number one is the web-based functionality. I can update things on my phone or iPad, and I don't have to lug my laptop around with me. I really like the ability for my customers to be able to set up bookings online, as it frees up my staff's time to take care of our business. I also like the different tracking features, such as vaccines and birthdays. The customer service is excellent, and they are very good about incorporating user feedback into updates.

Cons

There are a few things that I think operate a little clunky (such as blocking off daycare runs when boarding runs are full) and take more clicks than they should.

Revelation Pets

My overall experience with revelation pet was very positive I thought that it Inc. efficient and effective communication between clients during boarding and daycare visits.

Pros

what i loved most about this software that’s how user-friendly it was and efficient for clients to use and book boarding and daycare visits and appointments.

Cons

what I like least about the software was some of the formatting however once you got used to it it was easy to maneuver

Non Support

Initial eagerness to support. At critical times support is non-existent. Only support contact is via non responsive help application. Billing is increased without notification and ZERO recourse to questioning re:billing. Looking for an alternative, just had enough of this support shame.

Pros

It worked most of the time, if you were prepared to "learn" the non intuitive user interface.

Cons

Complete lack of support once they "got you" loaded. Suddenly loosing booking without support to explain why or offer assitance.

We sincerely apologize that you have not been fully satisfied with Revelation Pets. We strive to provide an exceptional level of customer service and we will work hard to give you a more positive experience in the future!

Great

Pros

User friendly, quick response from their customer service, simple and useful report for boarding kennel owner

Cons

What a relief to have found a system like this.

Everything is in one place and you can access it from anywhere.

Pros

All the kennel data is in one place and is accessible to all my staff wherever they are. The fact that Kinder Kennels has been able to grow with Revelation Pets makes it very much a partnership.

Cons

It has helped me a lot to manage my kennel business

I've been using this software for several months and now I spend my free time helping more dogs and their owners

Pros

It's very easy to use and to set up. The customization features to add logo, business name, address, prices and forms of payment make your business look serious. It's very helpful to have all the features you need in one place to manage kennels's booking and vacancies, customers, pets, vaccines, payments. Reports are very important for my business because they allow me to keep record of the arrival and departures, dietaries and vaccines notes and overall improve my service.

Cons

I would love to have the PayPal plugin as a payment processor to charge my services with it, lot's of my clients use it

We love the software from Revelation Pets.

Pros

We have a small but rapidly expanding boarding and daycare facility in New Zealand and to have a supported software package that is constantly updated and kept in the cloud is an true asset to our business. Anyone can use the product with ease and you can suggest enhancements which the team at Revelation Pets will develop for release to all without further costs back to their clients. Our customers...

Woodrock Animal Rescue review

Exceptional support and improvements since we started. We still have a problem with the accounting side regarding invoicing (accrual basis versus payments basis and payments in advance). In terms of generally accepted acoounting principles we have to account on an accrual basis and payments received in advance are to be treated as a liability and not income. We also have trouble reporting on invoicing for a specific period (invoicing for that period of bookings) as opposed to the booking report. Also the booking report does not give totals and exporting to excel does not allow us to autosum due to our different currency.

Pros

simplicity and clarity

Cons

accounting side is not on par with the rest of the software

The leader of the pack!

I cannot rave enough about this software and the company behind it. We have a 60 room cattery in Tasmania, Australia and we made the move from a paper based system to Revelation Pets after months of reviewing all of the software available. To us, Revelation Pets were head and shoulders above the competition because of the features and the ability to give it a really good test run of all of those...

Pros

Feature rich Great UI Customisable Web based - always up to date software and available on any device with a browser Scales well to work on mobile phone browsers No lock in contract Amazing customer support

Cons

It would be a minor concern if we lost power or internet access at the cattery, but then we have our mobile phones as a back up :-)

LOVE REVELATION PETS!!!! ONE VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!!

Over the years I have looked at a number of booking systems for my Doggie Day Care / Boarding / Training facility. Several years ago I came across Revelation Pets and tried it out. It offered several things I liked but I had my own way of doing things and was looking for a system that could meet some very specific needs such as a visual calendar that was easy to use to enable us to view our bookings...

Pros

Easy to use - Easy to train staff - Well thought out - Gets better and better.

Cons

The ONLY thing I would wish for at this point is the ability to insert/add a run where I need it to go based on how my kennel is arranged. At this point my only option is to add it at the end of the list which makes it less effective when viewing availability by size or location.

Daphne’s/Fetch dubai

I’m loving it, grateful for the support, and appreciate the constant improvements

Pros

-Online booking, -Instant check in, -Making sections of the registration mandatory, -Booking appointments online without having to book daycare/boarding

Cons

- not being able to see the total of a clients’ bill, especially if there are outstanding payments, unless you go into their account. It would be nice to have it come up when there is movement on their account. - in statements, having itemised summary of appointment, instead of just a summary total. - being able to have “store credit” where clients pay in advance, and services rendered deducted...

Could not be happier!

Pros

We are constantly blown away by this software program! It is so easy to use and very seamless. They are constantly doing updates because they actually listen to their customers and their requests. Even though customer support is on the other side of the world, their promptness in replies and support is so great. Probably the most amazing thing that we are getting from the software that we did not expect is the fact that they prompt our customers to give us a review. Because of these reviews, that we are able to link to our website, our business has exploded this year. And so much of it is because people have seen so many great reviews on our website. They tell us that themselves. We attribute a lot of our success this year to Revelation Pets.

Cons

The one thing they do not offer yet is the ability to easily upload photos that can be texted to the customer without having to text it directly from our phones. But as forward thinking as they are I'm sure that it will become a reality in the near future.

A must have for any kennel or cattery business

We use it to run our business. Its an integral part of our daily work and a joy to use.

Pros

Easy to use, helps us meet our licence requirements for record keeping, access anywhere, reliable, great support , ongoing updates improve functionality, works on multiple devices, easy to customise, cuts down on admin time, they listen to customer feedback and use it.

Cons

Its at the top end of what we would like to pay but so long as the development continues then the price is acceptable.

Fabulous software

I have had a strictly paper system since opening in 2009. Such a pain to keep track of vaccines, etc. But I have a small kennel (7 runs, 2 crates, and 3 cat cages) so the cost of software was prohibitive. Especially as I only board, no other services. I was comparing two or three equally priced options, but Revelation pets offered me a small business discount which makes it easily affordable for me,...

Pros

Intuitive, very easy to figure out just “playing” with it, but there are how to videos if you need them.

Cons

A few features I would like that aren’t in the program...yet. For example, having multiple clients share a run (parent/child who want their dogs together); also allowing for one of the owner’s dogs to have a different length stay in the same run (one dog stayed one night, two dogs stayed 2 nights)

Comprehensive, user-friendly, problem solving software

We have been able to decrease the amount of time we need to spend in the office by using the automated features, like vaccine expiry alerts, booking reminder emails, and online booking. When we first started using Revelation in July 2014, as a small, 6-run kennel, it was the perfect software for us. We have grown over the years and Revelation has kept right up with us. It is still the best software for our 25-run kennel and will continue to be the perfect fit for us as we grow.

Pros

As I was trying to think of what I love best about this software, I realized it really is the MVP of our kennel and we would be terribly lost without it. It is easy to use, can be customized for any sized business, and the support is amazing. My (very) technologically challenged assistant is able to use Revelation with minimal frustration.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about this software.

RevPets for Small Pet Boarders

The main benefit so far has been creating a more professional business image and made the management of the business much more streamlined.

Pros

I found this software the most simple to use out of all those that I looked at before choosing RevPets. It has continued to prove mostly straightforward with useful help sections or videos which explain in easy to understand language. You don't have to be a whizz on the internet or a techy person to be able to set up the templates as you would like them. There is a great deal of flexibility in the day to day operation of the system as well as in the background reports and the email designs. My customers love it for its professional design and the clarity of the information I am able to pass on to them. The customer support is excellent!

Cons

The most frustrating thing with RevPets is that there is no phone App so one needs to purchase a computer for the check-in desk or resort to an iPad which has slightly limited functionality compared with using a PC. This was an unexpected expense. I also find it annoying that although the appointments booked on RevPets can be reflected in your phone diary, the boarding bookings cannot, which means a lot of time wasted duplicating times and dates for arrivals and departures onto my phone diary.

Fantastic Software!

Revelation Pets is a great and easy to use booking system - even my mum can use it! I love how myself and team can access the program from any device and at any time, and the ability for my clients to book online at any time is one of my favourite features. They are always quick to respond to my emails and add my feedback to their updates. I'd highly recommend Revelation Pets to anyone new to the boarding world or anyone looking for new software.

Pros

The dashboard, online booking widget, accessibility anytime on any gadget (including Apple) and the quick and friendly support. I like how clear and easy to see all the information is to use and how you can add a photo to each pets' profile.

Cons

The way the session times out and you have to log back in. Working with animals means you don't sit at a computer all day. When people call to book it takes time to log back in.

Amazing software!

Pros

I´m so happy with Revelation Pets and the amazing service I´ve gotten everytime I´ve needed it. Easy to use, and my customers loves it too. It´s such a nice software that you can always trust 100%. It feels so safe to know that the software keeps all details and information about the bookings. Keeping track of payments, latest bookings and sales reports is like a dream, and this makes keeping track of the accounts easy. All in all I´m very pleased with both the software and the amazing service I´ve recieved from Revelation Pets. I recommend this to anybody that´s running their own kennel and/or cathotel.

Cons

I don´t have any negative things to say about this software. I´ve used this software every single day for almost two years now, and I´ve never experienced any errors or dysfunctionalities.

Keeps my business running smoothly

Customer service is excellent, worthy updates and financials all organized. I did some research and selected Revelation pets because it was simple and super effective. I could not be happy with my choice.

Pros

I love the tracking of payments, outstanding payments, ease of use, constant updates (I am actually excited when I know that updates are coming as they always improve the software). I started using the software just before we opened our day camp and in home boarding facility and I could not imagine what I would have done without it. It runs the day to day business side of things. Gives me all the financials I need at the touch of a button. I really like the chart facility to see how my business grows month by month. This booking software has absolutely contributed to the success of our business.

Cons

I like everything about it. I love the new calender page in this new update. That is a very useful new feature. Thank you again Revelation Pets.

My first experience with such software, and find it incredibly useful .

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, straight forward, and not complicated. Absolutely love the online booking function, and so does my clients. Love the ease in editing anything. Like the internal note option. The system is very easy to make it work for my way of charging and storing information. Like how I can connect other software like mailchimp to revelationpets. Revelationpets support is awesome, friendly and incredibly responsive. Love that it is mobile phone friendly.

Cons

That my clients can't pay boarding in advance as a package deal. Wish the reports could show what each client have spent in total. Wish reports were a bit more organised. As we charge daycare by the hour, wish it tallied the cost by the time in and time out. Wish 90/180/365 unlimited day daycare packages was an option in credit packages were available. Would love a 'happy birthday' automated email to become available.

Great product. Easy to use and quick, friendly customer service.

Great price and easy to use

Pros

The ease of use- it's quick and easy to teach new staff how to use the system. Very user friendly. Also love the customer service. Emails are responded to quickly and every effort is made to correct issues. Creators are very open to suggestions for improvement and often implement suggestions when they do updates. Great product.

Cons

No real issues here- all around great program. Improvements have been made in payment options and customization of the program. Creators always seem to strive to make the users happy and modify the program as needed.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.