Scout Reviews - Page 3

Scout for petsitters

Good. Good support. The support staff is always willing to help with a problem or walk you thru a tutorial

Pros

Customers like receiving the daily reports and being able to keep track of their pets while away

Cons

Takes awhile to book visits for a vacation where we are visiting a home 4x a day. Would be much easier if there were a screen where we could quickly check "breakfast, lunch, dinner, bed" visits and then select the dates. Done. Not individually adding a breakfast visit for x days and then individually adding a lunch visit for x days..... Also, need an admin app where I can see when my staff is checking in and checking out etc. I know I can get on website and look at data but, I'm out in field as well.

Experience with SCOUT is amazing. Everything from email replies to their software is exceptional!

Saves me a ton of time, I am able to compete with big businesses, and customers love it

Pros

Looks great, very modern, and easy to use. It keeps getting better and better with time. I tried many others and no one matched SCOUT.

Cons

Thanks for the sparkling review, Esteban! I appreciate you recognizing our commitment to continually updating the software with new features. We hope you like our next release!

I love Scout!

Pros

I have been using the scout app for about 6 months now, and I love it! I never have issues with the app, and customer support is great. No complaints! Everything is very customizable to fit my needs.

Cons

I haven't run into any issues yet! The app always runs smoothly, I've never run into any problems with it not working correctly.

World-Class and Cost-Effective App!

This software is "Made by Dog Walkers for Dog Walkers" (they should be using that tag line somewhere!) , so they definitely get it. It's not just some tech folks building something because they think it's cool and can be useful. It's built becuase they know what needs to actually be in the app to create value for their user base. For me personally, the key value is the automation of many manual processes and providing mobile, real-time data.

Pros

User interface, functioanality, and performance.

Cons

Need to get full front-end functionality of the app on mobile. Most of it is there already, but they are working on it in the new version coming out so no worries on my end.

Scout software is exactly what I needed to better organize and manage my growing business.

Pros

Simple, easy to learn, very affordable. Customer reps are amazingly responsive to questions and open to suggestions.

Cons

Would like option to customize billing cycle for each client. Wish there was ability to create a template for regular clients so don't need to enter visits each time.

Thanks for the feedback, Cheryl!

Great features and has made scheduling, billing and payroll much easier

Pros

Really smart, innovative and comprehensive features. The interface is intuitive and attractive. Scout makes scheduling easy and significantly cuts down the amount of time I need for billing, payroll, and texting/emailing with clients. Scout's customer service is very responsive and helpful. Best dog-walking business app I've seen out there.

Cons

Having a dynamic percentage-based payrate for staff, that adjusts based on special discounts and the like, would be great. Scrolling features within the app for staff can be wonky at times if you are prone to writing long notes, like myself.

Thanks for the feedback, Grant! Much appreciated!

Best software and team

Pros

Love the continuous improvement and features.

Cons

Very little bad to say, they always listen to input.

Essential!

Pros

Great software a must for pet sitters & walkers, the GPS option is excellent and helps my clients feel at ease. The pet report could be a little more elaborate but works well.

Cons

The APP for Pet sitters should have the same options available as the desktop site. At the very least it would be helpful to bill clients from the app instead of having to login to the desktop site

Scout made running my business much easier!

Pros

Scout made running my business much easier on a day to day basis! Scout allows me to checking and view my appointments via the app when I'm on the go, and I'm able to set up and add clients through the web portal as well. My clients absolutely love getting information and pictures from the app during and after my visits with their pets.

Cons

I think most of the cons I have will be address fairly soon - more customization over billing, more admin options via the mobile app, and a faster camera. I wouldn't say these are necessarily cons, but more like need tweaks. Scout is a great product!

All in one simple app

Scout has made my life much easier. Instead of taking 1 day a week to invoice and bill clients it is all setup and done for me at the end of each billing cycle.

Pros

Ability to book clients as well as invoice, bill, and assign employees all relatively easily. Gps tracked walks and pet report cards is a great selling point for my business and it’s all included with scout

Cons

Wish there was an easier way to make changes as an admin from my phone. The app is for employees or pet parents admin must pull up web app and make changes. Works flawlessly with my laptop though.

Wonderful solution

Pros

It meets all your needs and more, and the team is always making upgrades which is really great.

Cons

It would be great if Scout could be mobile friendly for business owners. But this is the only con, and it isn't really a big deal.

We love Scout!

We have tried Time to Pet (no automation), Handlr (customers disliked it), and Precise Pet Care (too clunky and poor interface). We settled on Scout and love it. While it does not have a few features we miss, the features it does have by far and large make it for it. The customer service is great and they actually listen to their customer suggestions!

Pros

It's a breeze to use, customers love it, we enjoy it and it's not clunky or overly complicated. We love the payment automation!

Cons

We wish that it had in-app messaging and that we would see the service that we are providing on the main screen (mobile).

Perfect for a growing business

Pros

Easy to use Grows with you Professional check in reports Accurate GPS tracking Great customization

Cons

Updates usually have a couple of days to work out the bugs No text communication with the owners, just email

It's an overall AWESONE app; but the glitches get in the way of being able to use it often.

It is great for the employee organization within the company!

Pros

The actual automation/customer portal for everything! I really love being able to have clients be involved in scheduling

Cons

I dislike that the business owner doesn't have too much control over invoicing (opening invoices for clients, no ability to prepay via app, maintain customer balances, etc). I feel like the app is running my company, not the other way around. My staff dislikes the glitches, inability to log out, etc

Thanks for the feedback, Kara. We really appreciate it!

Excellent software to help your business!

Pros

Very easy to understand and use both from an owner and client standpoint. Scout's customer service is top notch and they always reply quickly to my questions with solutions that work.

Cons

Currently, there is not admin functionality on the app and that is a huge downside. I know they're working on it but until that's available that's one of my biggest cons.

Thanks a million for the review, Elizabeth! As you know, we're working on a all-new app with admin functionality. I promise it will be worth the wait!

Professionals choose Scout

Scout has provided my business with the technology I needed to provide a professional and polished service to my clients.

Pros

There is the highest level of customer support that I have ever experienced in any company.

Cons

My particular business needs some specialized features. However, the support team has helped with some workarounds and has even added my suggestions onto their work list.

Starting out

Love Scout! Easy to Keep track of schedules and billing.

Pros

I love the ease of Scout, I was able to set up all of the settings myself with little help.

Cons

I wish there was an option to text my clients. I am not a huge fan of the walker platform, but it’s easy enough

Amazing!

Simply amazing, I have used other apps similar but non can compare. I had great customer support and positive feedback from my clients on how much they like this app!

Pros

Smooth interface Loads scheduling quickly for myself and for the clients GPS map of our walks Reminders to clock out (which I truly needed) I absolutely love that the weather is right there in the corner as well!

Cons

Everything is pretty much straight forward, so honestly none!

Must Have for Start-Up Pet Care Business

I've had a wonderful experience with Scout. It' helped my business look and be professional right from the start. I recommend the software for any size pet care business.

Pros

Very easy to use for both me and my clients. Puts my business on a similar level to large companies such as Wag by having map and report card features

Cons

Some app glitches including not showing scheduled appointments. I wish we could send videos to clients

Feels like Apple

Makes my life easier and gives such a good impression with our clients. Thanks

Pros

The UI is so impressive. Ease of Use, video tutorials. I really appreciate Rep reaching out to see how things are going with start up.

Cons

I wish there were more admin rights for staff members that can log into the online access vs only 1 admin account. I want someone to help run the business but not all the access.

I'M HAPPY USING SCOUT

I'm fairly new in my business. As a single user, I find the Scout app to be very helpful to me. Their support is great. The price is excellent.

Pros

The ease of use, pricing, and, customer support.

Cons

Really no cons at this point. I haven't experienced any issues

Great for my small business

It’s been very helpful in my startup pet care company, my clients seem happy and have enjoyed the freedom to book via an app.

Pros

It’s very easy to use and fairly easy to setup.

Cons

Setting up the payments with Braintree..

Amazing app for dog walkers!

Amazing customer service, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has done an amazing job developing this software.

Pros

This app is a must for dog walkers. It gives you and your clients the ability to book appointments, manage staff, automatic invoicing and billing as well as payment collection.

Cons

Absolutely nothing. This app is a must have.

Scout

Excellent! Very easy to use and great customer support.

Pros

This software is easy to use and always updating to include more functions. Feedback is taken to heart and customer service is phenomenal.

Cons

I'm excited for new updates that allow a little more flexibility on individualized invoices and report cards.

PPSVA

Very pleased so far and so are my clients. Excited to see the updated version.

Pros

Easy, user friendly and excellent support! Also calendar synching

Cons

No pre-invoicing and overnights aren't fluent.