Fresha Logo

Online booking platform for beauty and wellness businesses.

Fresha Reviews - Page 2

1,393 reviews

MR

Maya R.

System is Intuitive

I am UTTERLY pleased. After a NIGHTMARE of crappy customer service, buggy system, and overall a NEVER AGAIN experience without last system (vagaro) Fresha was just that a breath of FRESH-Air.

Pros

The system is very intuitive. It is easy to learn and use. It is easy to set up the catalog - for everything and I love how you can quickly move things to be in a different order than just in the order they were made. You can send forms manually there is a GREAT product and inventory tracking system. their customer Service is TOP NOTCH, I especially recommending spending the money to get an account manager- totally worth their weight in gold and is VERY reasonably priced.

Cons

Is it perfect? Nope they have some things to address. Even with the issues that need to be addressed, this is, by far, the best system I have used. I have used Massagebook, Square, Vagaro, Wix, and Meevo. I am highly impressed and LOVE my account manager (can’t remember the title you all give them).

VF

Valerie F.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Use with caution

I tried updating my bank account information and it took MONTHS! The process is so incredibly difficult that it makes me want to just find a better software. You have to upload several documents, wait for it to be verified which can take weeks, then you have to take your card terminal offline and wait for it to be reprogrammed which takes several days, then you have to re-board your terminal which...

Pros

Very simple for people that just need a basic software

Cons

Hidden fees like charging 20% for "new clients" even if they are existing clients that book with a new account. Sometimes existing clients will forget their password and just create a new account to book an appointment out of ease. Fresha claims they will recognize emails and phone numbers and not classify them as a new client but this is false. They will charge you 20% and the software doesn't allow you merge the clients together. You have to delete the new account your client created and then re-book with their existing account and then try to help them get a new password. It's absurd.

RP

Rocio P.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Un software que a cumplido todas mis expectativas !!

Mi experiencia es fantástica !!Uso Fresha y espero seguir utilizándolo !!Es una herramienta ahora mismo clave para mi centro !!

Pros

En realidad todo !! Me a ayudado mucho a conseguir más organización en mi negocio !!

Cons

Lo único que no me a venido bien es que han eliminado los descuentos que podemos hacer sobre nuestros productos !!Trabajo para clientes de un hotel que no suelen repetir y no podemos realizar comunicación con ellos otra vez !!Son clientes de paso !! Estaría bien poner una opción para esto !!Gracias

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

BC

Belinda C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Fantastic system for any business!

It’s fantastic, have recommended it to many and had some friends sign up over the last few years. You can modify your system to be as simple or complicated as you want to with treatments, services, products, commission for staff, reminders, text or email promotions honestly the perks are endless!

Pros

Fresha is a fantastic program and I have been using it now for over 2 years. I have been very happy with the system since moving over from Timely. I have contacted customer service a few times and they have always been amazingly accommodating.

Cons

I only have one little bit of feedback, it would be great to be able to select some Treatments being only available on certain days but all in all great program.

CW

Carley W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Highly highly recommend fresha! Just try it out, you'll thank me later!

Love love love fresha! I'm not paying an arm and a leg and the people that work at fresha genuinely care about you and want to make your business grow. These are Canadian locals that want to help Canadian businesses. I recommend fresha to everyone who needs a booking software... They are just that great I want to support them like they support small businesses!

Pros

I'm somebody who has difficulty just using Google sometimes. Fresha is so easy to set up and use, everything is straightforward and uncomplicated. They're booking software is free to use and when you get their POS machine, and you will want to, you don't pay a monthly fee, just a tiny percent (like 2.6% or something close to it) on purchases made only with the POS machine.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike but one suggestion I would make would be with the cancellation policy, I wish there was a way that you could make it so that you could pick and cost different parts of each tier of the cancellation policy.. something light like if they rebook or cancel 24 hours before their appointment there is no penalty but a no-show gets charged 50% of what their bill was going to be.

RH

Richard H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The system does not work well

Overall poor. Support don't seem to acknowledge or understand issues that are raised and offer 'solutions' that either ignore information they have already been given or are just not relevant to the issue. I have been fobbed off on many occasions and nothing improves. I have £6k worth of vouchers sold through Fresha in the last 6 months so moving to a different system would be a nightmare but staying is a nightmare too.

Pros

Fresha is affordable compared to many other similar systems.

Cons

The voucher system is NOT fit for purpose. A client with a voucher cant put in a code and use it to checkout like you can with EVERY other voucher system. We have had to duplicate every single massage we offer (including for each time variation) and have "voucher only" booking so they put the code in as a note and we manually check the voucher off the system. We sell vouchers for specific massage...

CG

Carly G.

A nightmare transition

It was a terrible transition and we received little customer support. Our clients have rejected the software, people really hated the experience during the transition. I think maybe if you're starting fresh, it would be a good solution - but for an established business? Skip it. I'm going back to mangomint.

Pros

I was drawn in by the supposed "free" price and the integrations with Google and Facebook booking. I liked that my clients were able to buy packages online as well.

Cons

We are getting complaints from many clients about the amount of notifications they are receiving. One of our clients told us she received 4 reminders yesterday all within half an hour, and 2 today. Clients are also complaining that they are receiving excessive reminders about completing their intake forms through Fresha. Our clients also dislike the 4-digit verification necessary to charge a card...

JA

John A.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Very good but not perfect

We have used Fresha (Shedul) for over 4 years. The product has been consistently improved over the years and we are thankful for that. The booking process is really great. The product is (rightfully so) built for commission salons. We are not a commission salon and it would be great to have some reports and features that would work better for us. Unfortunately, as stated earlier there have been some recent updates that have made things more difficult. However, I would choose Fresha again and again. It has been an essential part of our business. Consistently working well for both our clients and our staff.

Pros

Uptime is great. Appointment booking is easy for the client online and also for our staff. Inventory management is good, though it could use some tweaking in the low stock/reordering process. Ability for customers to buy products and vouchers online is a plus. The iOS app is great. Credit card integration works great with our Fresha card terminal. Client reminders work very well. Reporting is really good. Lots of ways to get essential information in the report area.

Cons

Recently, there have been frequent updates to the platform that have created a more difficult checkout process. Flow was disrupted and essential parts of the POS process were put in hard to get areas making them easy to forget (ex. assigning staff member commissions on products). Bottom line, it takes more clicks to check a client out than it did before. Fresha payouts to our bank account are slow...

KA

Kimberley A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Excellent booking system, helpful knowledgable staff, a must for any beauty business

Just wanted to give my feedback to anyone who may be on the fence about upgrading to the paid version of Fresha. I had a call 2 weeks ago about the changes and arranged a face to face call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] last Friday. I was initially scrambling to look at other systems and went into the meeting with a notepad full of reasons why I didn’t want to upgrade. Don’t get me wrong, I am so...

Pros

It makes my business run more efficiently, at a higher profit and a seamless experience for my clients. Everything about this system just works, the team have done an excellent job.

Cons

5 years in and haven't come across anything I don't like yet, their system is constantly evolving and they take feedback and requests from clients VERY seriously (ie. they make the changes needed)

JR

Jessica R.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

BADASS company and customer service!!

Pros

We all have to like customer service! They are so fast at we replying normally within a day if not hours! I have NEVER dealt with anyone rude (I go to them more than I should, I'll just say I'm total computer dumb), and they legit send me step by step instructions with little picture of icons that help me with every step of whatever I need that go around! I LOVE EVERYTHING about this software and...

Cons

Absolutely NO CONS! They are working on the software ALL the time! LEGIT, LOOOOOOVE THIS SOFTWARE AND THE BADASS COUSTOMER SERVISE! You're already missing out if you haven't already clicked to sign up!

GL

Gus L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Wolve in sheeps clothing

As described above.

Pros

Ease of use....some functions in analytics

Cons

Their new Fresha pricing system is hidden in there description words of the product. Be very careful of what you get yourself in for. Their payment system back to you, the user, with Fresha plus is not described till you start using it. They have 4 processing times done over 24 hrs meaning payments took up to 7 days to be paid out. They describe how much you should be getting daily but I found i would only receive 20% of what I should have been getting. You will also be manipulated and pressured and lied to to get you off the free system and onto the payment system. Our business was in the number one position in Australia of all users for 5 stars for Fresha. I definitely don't recommend them. We have left for a much better online system.

DB

Dylan B.

All Around Great Company/Brand

Not only do they have great software, but they have an amazing culture. I saw an advertisement for them, commented on my experience with their product, and congratulated them on their exposure and success. They sent me a PERSONAL message. Emoji’s and everything! In response to that comment. They are getting everything right.

Pros

This software is very user friendly: Simply organized- Uses basic interfacing structure that makes everything easy to find, allowing us to perform tasks efficiently and easily, and it very easy to train staff. Easy on the eyes- I am a people person, not a technology person. I don’t like the big flashy nonsense, crazy fonts and colors and the disappearing and reappearing functions on some of these...

Cons

Honestly I have not found something negative about using this software. I am not the one who customizes our particular account, I am a user only. However, from a user perspective at least, this software hits all the check marks.

<3 <3

TP

Tracy P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Shedul is amazing and their team is simply unbeatable in their support and response time!

Before we opened our salon in April, we researched and selected Shedul because of its many features that are truly outstanding. What drew my eye first was the ability to use it at no charge. How could they offer so many features and benefits without the high charges other companies have? I wanted to give it a try without the hassles of "trial periods" and training videos. You have got to experience...

Pros

I am always interested in making things smarter, faster, easier, etc. I have found a perfect partnership with the team from Shedul. Responsive team at Shedul Online Booking SMS texting/Email for confirmations, reminders, thank you's, etc. Email to associate who has the booking with additional email to receptionist/owner/manager, whoever you need notified. POS Barcode scan in Products or hand key them in to see at POS. Rebooking feature Able to see calendar weekly or daily Run numerous reports Security levels for different team members The list is really much more than this, these are a few of the many features to be found.

Cons

There are no Cons. You will never regret going with Shedul for your business!

Celeste d.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Best point of sale system

Exceptional. There hardly ever is an issue with the app, but when there is, the turnaround on client service enquiry is just a little slow. Happy none the less.

Pros

I have worked with many POS systems and this is by far my favorite one. The fact that I can manage everything from my phone is a massive bonus! Easy to use and the developers have really thought of every aspect of running a beaty business. Thank you Fresha!

Cons

The fact that I cannot copy a voucher number onto my phone from the 'voucher purchased' list to paste at checkout when a voucher number is asked. It used to be like this in the beginning but was changed with the latest updates. Now I have to write down the number before I can check out a client on my phone.

Mark A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

A great experience so far...

Pros

We switched from Booker, who we had been with for 8 years, and so far the experience has been great. I love that Fresha works great on all devices and that our customers can do pretty much anything from their phones, including make and amend bookings, complete consultation forms, add payment cards, see their history etc. It's easy for our customers to book and check availability with their favourite therapist in a few clicks. The integrated payment system is good value and Fresha provide everything .. so no separate card processing, payment gateways or machine rental charges. The UK support is helpful and friendly and there are lots of articles, videos etc to help you get set up.

Cons

New features are being added all the time (you can see what's planned on their community pages). Features not currently available but in an ideal world I would like are, the migration of appointment history and existing gift vouchers, discount codes that can be promoted to clients and entered online and more options for sending out emails along the lines of MailChimp. Some of these are planned so it's still a great choice.

DK

David K.

Retail, 11-50 employees

LIGHTYEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION

I made the switch from Mind Body, and within days, my whole team absolutely fell in love with it. Afterwards, my clients have now done the same

Pros

The interface for both clients and operators, it's smooth and never glitchy, it's EASY as can be, the price is unbeatable, and the customer service is excellent.... Like a Tesla, this is software that gets BETTER overtime. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Cons

Still waiting to find one. I suppose the marketing items could be expanded, but they keep us posted about that which is very nice.

JN

Jessica N.

Consumer Services, self-employed

The best software for business owners

Love it.

Pros

The fact that its so easy to use and modify menu for specials. Its simple and easy to the eye. The customer service is excellent they are super responsive with me since I started with them when they were shedul. Love this app.

Cons

I haven't quite figures out how to transfer all my great reviews into google reviews. Google is a big thing for consumers so its important to have a link where this transfers or they automatically load into google is huge.

al

anoosheh l.

Scammers and dishonest

Do not trust this company with your credit card!Fresha was free until it wasn't. I started with Fresha when it was free. after building up over 3000 clients on their software, they started makin shady charges to my card. for example, I started asking to store credit card info for NEW clients. but they started charging my existing clients. They claimed it was a glitch in their system. So, I reversed...

Pros

easy to use, and relatively easy to set up.

Cons

1. dishonest about why they charge your credit card2. constantly thinking of new ways to charge you3. Credit cards captured for no shows, frequently say "insufficient funds" and no customer service help, and in some cases say "code sent to client" to allow us to charge for the no show! Just laughable.4. Nickle and diming for everything for their "Free" app, and shady charges

MC

Milan C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing software, developers have nailed it as they have captured all the features we need expertely

This software is exactly what we have been searching for. It has the features we need, is powerful enough to maintain all of our client data, appointments for multiple staff, sales dashboard, generating reports, import/export data, online booking buttons for social media websites including Facebook, and much much more. I have worked with various software and client relationship managers previously...

Pros

Everything we need is here with the ease of access required for all staff members. It's great that we can see daily appointments, sales, revenue etc from the dashboard and can easily generate reports and export to excel. Adding different services and products (i.e. retail add on products) is extremely simple; you enter in the service and include price and duration etc which makes it very easy when...

Cons

The company has pretty much nailed it with their software though if I had to put something, I could only suggest adding the ability to further customise options, page layout, which data to display or not display etc; this would be great.

MH

Mohamed H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Amazing Software

Pros

For someone who is looking for a comprehensive, user-friendly, and inexpensive software solution for their business, Fresha is the easy answer. I love how they constantly introduce updates that come directly from their customers’ feedback. I love how they treat you like a real partner every single time you ask for help. I have used quite a few business softwares over the years; and I don’t think any of them comes even close to Fresha in terms of ease of access, value for money, or even detailed reports.

Cons

Some features take some time to get introduced. But hey, they’re coming.

CS

Carolina S.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Works wonderfully for temp staffing, too!

Shedul has created a simple scheduling software that works well for any industry. It is a free (or low cost) solution which is awesome for small business like mine. There are plenty of features available that my business doesn't use, but that other businesses could definitely benefit from.

Pros

I run a dental temporary staffing agency and we began using this program around the time it came out. It was very new and the developers were in close contact with us often asking what we liked/disliked about the program. We use it in an unintended and unconventional way but it has worked better for us than any scheduler built for staffing. The ease of adding appointments, changing, updating, and...

Cons

They have been growing quickly and making a lot of changes. The only real issue I've faced is a 3-4 second lag but it has only just started happening in the last couple weeks so I'm sure it will be resolved soon. The support staff is responsive and helpful.

CT

Carla T.

Life saving system

Very happy, wouldn’t mind if it was a bit more affordable for people small like me but I’m happy and grateful for having the system for free. I also would like to mention [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the lady assigned for my area for her phone call yesterday, no hard sell at all, just wanting to know me and my view on Fresha and also offered to help me with the system to see what else I could benefit from, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows that I can’t afford at the moment the subscription and still was very kind offering to look what else I can do with my free account, was lovely and very pleasant to me. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and hope you get this review

Pros

I’ve been with Fresha from the beginning, used to be called shedull. I thought it was to good to be true, free for life?! What was the catch I thought? NONE! Yes free! For me the system it’s just amazing, from online bookings, text and email confirmations for clients, costumer service when I have doubts they are fast with solutions and explanations. I don’t use all of the features as I’m happy with what I’ve got, however if I was to grow my business for sure I would sign up for the rest of the features... only can say good things because it’s been very good for me. Highly recommend it.

Cons

I can’t fault anything... like I said above I do t use the whole systems fully...

RR

Rachel R.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Going Live with On Line Booking

Pros

The Customer Service. Hands down the most outstanding customer service . Fresha is there to answer questions, provide training, assistance and follow through with genuine care and dedication to make your scheduling, on line booking and marketing successful. We are very pleased with the outstanding investment Fresha has brought our Company. The software is very user friendly. Our guests have loved the on line booking upgrade which has increased our sales and made it more convenient our guests to have options and information about the service and treatments that we provide.

Cons

We wish we would have launched Fresha Plus sooner.

oc

olga c.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great choice for small business owners

did not regret a day of using it.

Pros

Affordable first of all, no hidden fees, easy access to customer service, and overall easy to use product.

Cons

The future of charging can be improved.

EP

Emily P.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Fantastic!!

Loved it!

Pros

I love that Fresha is simple and easy to use. Coming from a much more complicated system like MINDBODY, Fresha was so wonderfully easy to figure out and implement. Customer service has always been so kind and responsive and happy to help. I love this software and am So grateful for how they have supported me during the challenges of COVID-19.

Cons

I have been with them for a few years so like any software it has been a gradual build with new features. Online processing/sales and gift cards weren’t always a feature but they are so great at listening to the needs of their customers and making upgrades.