Fresha Logo

Online booking platform for beauty and wellness businesses.

Fresha Reviews - Page 3

1,393 reviews

SA

Sable A.

Great Place to Start

Pros

It was easy backend to use and update. It also has a free option

Cons

There was a constant issue with clients booking online and it caused confusion for my guests

EE

Emily E.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Excellent System to book appointments and manage your salon

Great thank you, think I've covered everything in the feedback but thank you for all your hard work and friendly emails they are so appreciated.

Pros

Very easy to use, not too fussy and also very comprehensive. They are a forward thinking company and rarely stand still and the competition changes. I love the little notification bell which comes up with all their new features as they arrive. Some nice little surprises there! I love that they listen to us as the customers and take on board what we say. Love the new Gift Cards by the way!

Cons

Nothing really to dislike but it could be worth considering adding an option on the Blast messages where you send one email then a reminder email goes out a few days later or when you want to send it automatically. Could work well for Black Friday for example when everyone's trying to get customer's attention! Could do a package where the second email is a bit cheaper than the first if you want to re-send.

KM

Kat M.

Fresha is INCREDIBLE

Fresha makes running my business so much easier. All the features I use are just so easy and sleek. The booking calendar, reminders, payments, stock taking. The customer service is second to none.. any issue or query is answered so quickly and always resolved.

Pros

The booking system is so easy to use, I love every feature. Booking, confirmation, payment, reschedule.. the holding card details

Cons

That I can’t sync it to my google calendar

Kevin P.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Avoid Fresha

Poor. I was over £400 down from using Fresha (16 appointments unpaid for)

Pros

The Fresha Website looks nice and easy to use.

Cons

Trialled Fresha for a few months. Previously used Treatwell. Wanted to set Fresha up to allow for appointments that were pre-paid. This is no possible. Instead had to set it up where customers had authorised card details. This is where Fresha fails as a booking system. Of the 28 appointments booked through Fresha we were only able to charge 12 of them. 16 appointments booked through Fresha were unable to be charged for.

Hey Kevin, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear that our service did not satisfy your expectations. With Fresha, clients are never charged in advance as we've found that charging upfront deposits or fees can discourage people from booking. Clients are charged after their appointment at checkout. If a client cancels late or doesn't show-up, you can charge...

TG

Tamar G.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Makes my life so much easier & efficient

Pleased with the all round system and will continue to partner with them until I’m not. Or that they start to fall behind what is needed in their system to run my business to the best of its ability. Right now they are doing a great job and moving forward. And this is accompanied with fab customer service. So just keep doing what you’re doing.

Pros

I initially joined as the set up was free. After using this free account to run my salon for a couple years I decided to upgrade to Fresha plus to receive the extra features that will be beneficial to my business. Customer service through messenger and once assigned an advisor was great. Very helpful and attentive.

Cons

I know the team are constantly working on new features to launch, however I’m impatient and sometimes wish they could work a bit quicker. I’m desperate for the consultation forms feature to be finalised so I can use it for all my services which is so important to have in the beauty/aesthetic industry. I also hope their targets can turn into actual dates to adhere to. The social media pages say things are coming but we have no time scale and sometimes waiting seems like forever. These are minor things though with what they have achieved up to now. I’d also like to be able to control how many of each service can be booked in one day or back to back, a cut off point so to speak of certain treatments.

LZ

Laura Z.

Investment Management, 201-500 employees

Mi ha semplificato la vita per le mie prenotazioni

Pros

Fresha Viene utilizzata come piattaforma di prenotazione online e della gestione degli appuntamenti per attività di bellezza e benessere.personalmente ho utilizzato la piattaforma in diverse occasioni. L’applicazione è semplice e molto intuitiva, permette di fare le proprie prenotazioni in maniera molto semplice scegliendo data preferita, orario preferito e permette anche di pagare e accettare pagamenti online.Infine, Fresha offre una vasta gamma di integrazioni con altre applicazioni, come il software di contabilità e le applicazioni di marketing, il che rende il lavoro ancora più efficiente.

Cons

Anche se Fresha è efficace e ben progettata, Può avere un costo elevato per diverse attività inoltre, in secondo luogo, l’integrazione con altre applicazioni potrebbe non essere semplice o sufficiente per alcune attività, ma nel complesso è un’ottima applicazione.

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Jz

Jose z.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Discriminatory pricing

Frustrating.

Pros

It promise easy enrollment and easy to use for clients.

Cons

I was really disappointed at the pricing of this software. You would expect to pay the same as any one using the software but I was been charged way too much just for a booking system. Fresha charges a percentage of the price of the appointment even if you don't want or need to used their card processing. So if another similar business to mine is charging lower prices they would pay less for the same usage. I try to talk to them but all they wanted was to push me to use their card processing "to see the benefit". This kind of pricing should be illegal. A business prices should not have anything to do with the pricing of the booking services. Fresha need to select a price for their services and not charge based on the business' prices.

LC

Lam C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Used to be good

Im a fan and a loyal, but looking for alternative.

Pros

Fresha got 5 stars before it gets to good. They promised to be FREE FOR LIFE for all members in the begining. They have sms and email reminders free in the begining. Businesses are happy with it and gave them 5 stars in the early stage. Ive been using it for 7 years, we put so much effort and feedback to help them grow.

Cons

As they get better, they start charging businesses too much and greedy.1-Text messages are not unlimited anymore as promised, they start limiting down each month less and less. So we buy more reminder TEXT each month. That's fair. BUT2-Clients found us from FRESHA market= WE being charged 20% of the services they booked. Clients never howed up or cancel, we los the money. Economy is bad already, this is the last draw.We salons earn by % of services and carry a lot of fees, but this is ridiculous

Alain R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Thank you for a great product.

I have been with Fresha since its inception when they were called shedule and I have enjoyed using this program ever since. [sensitive content hidden] is usually great at answering questions quite quickly and I’m grateful for that. Thank you.

Pros

The ease of use, the comprehensive tools available

Cons

I’m honestly having trouble answering this question because I don’t think there’s anything I don’t like.

Bernardo F.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Doesn't work for most hair salons

Overall, when there is an actual way they can help you, you get a straight answer but when you have an issue with a feature that they don't have, you get emails back with answers not related to your initial question. I'm guessing also that this app is made by developers who haven't consulted with salon owners and it shows.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Interface is well designed.

Cons

Does not work for all hair salons! You cannot choose two service providers we hen clients book online. E.g.. One of our staff is a stylist and her clients visit other colourists in the salon for their colour. You can't book two separate people so the client is forced to make one appointment at a time which is frustrating for them. Also, they haven't set it up so you see when the next available time or day is so the client has to check day by day to find an available spot which is also annoying for them.

Sorry to see this, Fernandez. Actually, we have 40,000 Salons using us globally, have won Most User-friendly, Most Popular and Most Affordable for 3 years in a row, so the team definitely know what they are doing ;) The Support team spent a lot of time responding to your emails and finding solutions for your very specific requests. If we don't have a feature, of course we'd try and find a solution for you, and if not, it would be added to the to do lists. You're welcome back anytime but we wish you luck with your continued search :)

Lucy K.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

The staff are all really helpful, the system is reliable and it’s really easy to use.

Pros

ease of use, online booking features and accessibility.

Cons

Most of the time the response on email for urgent issues is quick but it is annoying not having a support line to ring.

KS

Kellisha S.

Poor customer care

Horrible can never reach anyone $200 balance that 90% should not be charged for

Pros

Nothing. Dishonest company. Can never talk to a real person to get things resolved. They charges things by fraud

Cons

Dishonesty. Charge for things they should not. They book fake appointments to collect 20%. They charge for existing clients. Too many glitches and always an excuse like the owner is using links incorrectly. So they have a link that no mater who schedules from it, we are charged 20% I’ve emailed 5 times in a week and have asked for someone to call and have yet to get a response

FS

Faith S.

Farming, 501-1,000 employees

Making your everyday the best with Fresha.

This is the most affordable and secure software for getting clients or marketing my medical work on my farm.It is easy to use and understand.

Pros

Have been using it to get unlimited bookings for my farm medical services.Fresha has really boosted my sales and have used it to attract more customers through online bookings.It zero monthly fees making it affordable for everyone.Have been updating my clients via automated texts.

Cons

No Cons about this amazing software.Has really helped me in strategizing my company.

TR

Tristin R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Severely limited, bad long-term choice

Shedul is a deceptive piece of software because it is clean, good-looking, and easy to get started. But it is a terrible option in the long term, unless you plan to be a small business that never grows or you plan to pay someone to manually handle all of your scheduling and business-flow processes forever.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use. My staff were able to pick it up right away with minimal learning curve. The online booking system for clients is simple and clean.

Cons

No Google Calendar integration = dead end software. You cannot automate *anything* with this software, meaning you will be stuck manually handling everything related to booking for as long as you use this software. This means you will have some serious pain as your business grows. Worse yet, the online booking system is more a marketplace than anything else, making it very simple for your prospective clients to inadvertently end up on a competitor's booking page. Ouch!

Hey Tristin, sorry to see this! If you're looking for growth, your account is 100% unlimited so you can add as many staff, locations, services etc as you'd like. SMS and client notifications are also free & unlimited as part of your free for life account so the sky is the limit! We're all about automation so clients can book online rather than needing full time staff to manage your calendar....

Heather W.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Looks good on the surface- but cumbersome- NO CUSTOMER SERVICE other than email which is only occasssionally answered

I do not understand all the glowing reviews. This is a Buggy program with little customer service. Definitely a hassle. Won't let you do some basic things a med spa needs.

Pros

Price point Visual is ok Theoretically some features that are nice (but often awkward to use)

Cons

Customer service is HORRIBLE. NO PHONE to call anyone. They don't always respond to emails and when they do it's never the same person so ongoing issues are difficult to resolve. The demand screenshots even when you adequately described the issue and it is easy to u understand- this is frustrating when it's intermittent (like it doesn't want to integrate the credit card payment) They deploy new features, but it is difficult to utilize them sometimes as the instructions are vague.

NT

Natalie T.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Great for a cheap alternative

Great starter software for small businesses not wanting to break the bank for all the bells and whistles. They were great at listening to what consumers/users wanted and upgraded often to stay with the times and have many options available for all types of businesses needs.

Pros

I loved that it was free when I signed up years ago. It didn’t have all the extra features I would have loved, but for the price, it was great to get my business started. I’m sure they have added many more features since then and have an upgraded paid version.

Cons

With the free version I had signed up to at the time, you couldn’t send out custom forms and have online booking. I believe this has since changed but was part of the reason I switched to a different booking software.

Scammed by Fresha

Fresha is taking over a fifth of our earnings and not responding to our messages.

Pros

System is pretty easy to use however Fresha has scammed us by placing a book now button on our website which sends customers to fresha.com marketplace to create a Fresha account and take more than a fifth of our earnings. Fresha is not replying to our messages.

Cons

Fresha put a 'Book Now' button on our website that directs customers to Fresha com marketplace. This means every new client we get, which is most of them being in a tourist place, have to create a Fresha account and we get charged 20%. In effect Fresha is taking more than a fifth of our earnings! They are yet to respond to our messages.

NP

Nish P.

Pharmaceuticals, 1-10 employees

Pharmacy vaccine appointments are never an issue

Pros

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE using fresha at our community retail pharmacy! We are independent so we dont have any fancy apps that book our appointments for us! So we started looking online to see if there was anything that we could use that would help us with appointment scheduling! Im sure everyone knows in the pharmacy world that booking appointments for covid vaccines, flu vaccines, and all other types of shots is very difficult during the fall season! this makes it so easy and we even color coordinate our shots so its clear and easy to see

Cons

Fresha charges for text messages to send to people that make appointments which as a small business you may not want to opt into. We actually don't opt in as its pricey however we would love to if it becomes available for free or at least cheaper

FM

Frank M.

Fresha - Salon Management software

All businesses need systems, simple systems work best, just the accounting integration. They get that right, they will have an absolute winner

Pros

scheduling, invoicing, inventory management and marketing. Has good CRM capabilities

Cons

No accounting software integration, tedious/cumbersome CSV export

AB

Adam B.

Fresha Changed the Capabilities of our Day Spa

It has been revolutionary for our business and allowed us to offer our clients exactly what they need and want.

Pros

Fresha has the ability to do everything you need.- Memberships- Vouchers- Bookings- Offline Bookings- Data/Analytics & Reports- POS- Payment Terminal & Wallet

Cons

- The inability to connect Mailchimp via API

Vincent P.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

The best

Pros

I am a professional in hairdresser and I highly recommend this booking system. easy to custom or to use. It does what you looking for. Vincent hair passion.

Cons

Should be able to have more pictures, it is limited to 4 on the venue. And please if you could add some pictures for each services would be fantastic!

MS

Maro S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

It is most comprehensive scalable cloud based solution for any salon, wellness or similar business.

It is most comprehensive scalable cloud based solution for any salon, wellness or similar business operations. It is easily integrated into existing web site application or Facebook page making it one of the most important parts of the business operations and all aspects of it.

Pros

It's most comprehensive solution for managing all aspects of the business. Cloud based scalable and easily integrated into existing web site application or Facebook makes it one of kind. Having privilege and pleasure to use it from the day one of starting our salon business I could not imagine running a business successfully without Shedul and it's valuable support team being core part of the business and deserving credit for the considerable success of Touch of Thai Massage and Spa in Dubrovnik. Croatia.

Cons

Making mobile number verification scripts can be challenging for any software company and the number of mobile phones globally makes this more complex with every day.

Hey Maro thank you so much for the review!! Can you please verify your email address with Capterra, so your review can be displayed on our page? Thanks again! :-)

JF

Jennifer F.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Helpful and Serves Its Purpose

When they aren't changing things every week, we are very happy with the product. We love the new app which makes sure my therapists know immediately when their schedule changes.

Pros

Cost effective, simple and easy to use design, web based.

Cons

They make updates so frequently that you are constantly having to relearn where things are and how to do simple tasks. I feel like they should leave some things alone.

LB

Linda B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Best ease of use and awesome Customer Service!

Manageability of my entire booking system and inventory control. I not only have a finely tuned booking system where clients can make and manage their own bookings; I also have a system whereby I can calculate exactly how much each client visit costs ion real terms.

Pros

I worked for Microsoft for 13 years, have their tattoos all over my body, have my Office 365 subscription... In other words I am fully 100% Microsoft. Microsoft has introduced a new product, which I get for free, with Office 365 called Booking. I was super excited as I thought I could move off Shedul and have nothing except Microsoft running in my environment. WRONG!!! Shedul is in every way a superior product. Microsoft, I still LOVE you, but Shedul kicks your Booking App. Shedul is by far the best product out there!!!

Cons

Only con is that I cannot process Credit Card payments and send directed marketing from the app. But I believe the Credit Card facility will be introduced soon. To be honest it was easy enough to export my database and do a mail merge for my directed marketing.

AN

Annie N.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Recommend for new business owners

Pros

Clients find it easy to use the online booking

Cons

Setting up was harder than other online booking systems, hard to sync with google calendar, not mobile friendly, the fees are high