Fresha Logo
Fresha

Online booking platform for beauty and wellness businesses.

visit website

Fresha Reviews

User ratings

4.9

1.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend9.71/10

See full reviews by rating

Top 3 alternatives

Brilliant great managers that keep you on track to make sure you are optimise all the features that are constantly being updated.
It makes my business run more efficiently, at a higher profit and a seamless experience for my clients. Everything about this system just works, the team have done an excellent job.
I like that it’s an easy program to use with great functions that are improving all the time.
The customer support service is terrible - I have had payments taken from clients that have not been transferred to me causing cash flow problems.
You will also be manipulated and pressured and lied to to get you off the free system and onto the payment system.
Even though your no show fees could end up paying for the fees, if you do not have any no shows a lot of your earnings are then left to pay for the fees.

1,275 reviews

Michael K.

President

Retail, 1-10 employees

THIS software is shaping up to be THE SALON SOFTWARE YOU WANT in your establishment

Transcript

Kenyon M.: Hello there. My name is Kenyon, and I'm a beauty and hairstyling professional and a serial...

Vincent P.

The best

Pros

I am a professional in hairdresser and I highly recommend this booking system. easy to custom or to use. It does what you looking for. Vincent hair passion.

Cons

Should be able to have more pictures, it is limited to 4 on the venue. And please if you could add some pictures for each services would be fantastic!

CW

Carley W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Highly highly recommend fresha! Just try it out, you'll thank me later!

Love love love fresha! I'm not paying an arm and a leg and the people that work at fresha genuinely care about you and want to make your business grow. These are Canadian locals that want to help Canadian businesses. I recommend fresha to everyone who needs a booking software... They are just that great I want to support them like they support small businesses!

Pros

I'm somebody who has difficulty just using Google sometimes. Fresha is so easy to set up and use, everything is straightforward and uncomplicated. They're booking software is free to use and when you get their POS machine, and you will want to, you don't pay a monthly fee, just a tiny percent (like 2.6% or something close to it) on purchases made only with the POS machine.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike but one suggestion I would make would be with the cancellation policy, I wish there was a way that you could make it so that you could pick and cost different parts of each tier of the cancellation policy.. something light like if they rebook or cancel 24 hours before their appointment there is no penalty but a no-show gets charged 50% of what their bill was going to be.

RH

Richard H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

The system does not work well

Overall poor. Support don't seem to acknowledge or understand issues that are raised and offer 'solutions' that either ignore information they have already been given or are just not relevant to the issue. I have been fobbed off on many occasions and nothing improves. I have £6k worth of vouchers sold through Fresha in the last 6 months so moving to a different system would be a nightmare but staying is a nightmare too.

Pros

Fresha is affordable compared to many other similar systems.

Cons

The voucher system is NOT fit for purpose. A client with a voucher cant put in a code and use it to checkout like you can with EVERY other voucher system. We have had to duplicate every single massage we offer (including for each time variation) and have "voucher only" booking so they put the code in as a note and we manually check the voucher off the system. We sell vouchers for specific massage...

EE

Emily E.

Great Fresha Booking Software

Booking appointments, contacting customers, sending out marketing messages, keeping track of daily sales. Analysing our sales totals at the end of the month with reports. Checking staff sales and commissions. It is a system which covers all the basic booking requirements of the salon with much more including a payment system.

Pros

It is so easy to use and it helps us to know at a glance what's going on in the day. The staff can login and see what's going on in their day and the little notes at the bottom mean I can always leave a little note for them about a client or they can, or the client can when they book online. The easy features mean it's not too time consuming to book a client, especially if you have them on the end of the phone, you can quickly take their details and before you know it, they have their booking confirmation in their inbox. I like the additional features like upselling and memberships which our clients take advantage of regularly.

Cons

It's all pretty good really, hard to fault, they always listen to customer feedback and help you out if you're stuck. I think it might be good to have an easier way of selecting customers who haven't been for a while to send out a marketing message just to those specific people. Maybe looking at what treatments they had so we can be more specific in our message. Also what might help is easier folders on the inventory, to store your products, something we are looking to increase.

MR

Michael R.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Ideal Booking and Payment for small business

Client payments and booking appointments is now a breeze, their support/onboarding has been engaging and helpful. The 'pay as you go' model is ideal for a small business starting out, but powerful for those already going full steam

Pros

Amazingly straightforward to set up and start using, many advanced features for scheduling and payment transactions

Cons

Not yet syncing with my google calendar, this is important to avoid scheduling conflicts

IR

Ivy Rose P.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Lifetime Partner

Wherever I go, I could use this software easily and make some bookings whenever I need them.

Pros

I appreciate its good customer support and it is very easy to use and make bookings.

Cons

I wish to have more features so that I could explore more about this software, and I wish to have customized themes for my display.

Danilo B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

bad customers services, not access to speak with someone over the phone.

Pros

easy to use over the phone for me and for my employee

Cons

not customers services and not be able to speak with anyone. Also before i start to use fresha their sale team used to call me everyday now i use the app over a year, i cant reach them its very frustrating.

ED

Edvina D.

Great

So far good for my existing clients, for new ones not the best.

Pros

I like that Fresha is constantly growing and adding new features to their app. Also like the "New Look". I like they help you pushing how to even do promotions as I can imagine not everyone is aware what some businesses do to attract their old client back. The costumer service is good, responding is fast as we all like that.

Cons

I feel it is harder to attract new clients.

KL

Kaitlin L.

Amazing

Pros

So extremely easy to customize and use and the customer support is unparalleled

Cons

You can’t add many photos, and live support is limited

CW

Camecia W.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

The most effective and easy to navigate software app ever

Awesome

Pros

It's easy to use, it helps me stay connected to my clients, my clients love that they are reminded and updated about the appointments and I love that my clients can leave their reviews and suggestions.

Cons

If I have two clients that uses the same contact it tells me to merge contacts but then the two separate client become one when booking etc, maybe I am not understanding this aspect.

JA

John A.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Very good but not perfect

We have used Fresha (Shedul) for over 4 years. The product has been consistently improved over the years and we are thankful for that. The booking process is really great. The product is (rightfully so) built for commission salons. We are not a commission salon and it would be great to have some reports and features that would work better for us. Unfortunately, as stated earlier there have been some recent updates that have made things more difficult. However, I would choose Fresha again and again. It has been an essential part of our business. Consistently working well for both our clients and our staff.

Pros

Uptime is great. Appointment booking is easy for the client online and also for our staff. Inventory management is good, though it could use some tweaking in the low stock/reordering process. Ability for customers to buy products and vouchers online is a plus. The iOS app is great. Credit card integration works great with our Fresha card terminal. Client reminders work very well. Reporting is really good. Lots of ways to get essential information in the report area.

Cons

Recently, there have been frequent updates to the platform that have created a more difficult checkout process. Flow was disrupted and essential parts of the POS process were put in hard to get areas making them easy to forget (ex. assigning staff member commissions on products). Bottom line, it takes more clicks to check a client out than it did before. Fresha payouts to our bank account are slow...

SC

Sarah C.

Thanks Fresha and team

I think I’ve said everything at the top. I do feel the positive change in going with an app. I don’t know how I managed without it. I know there may be other apps about, but I’m happy with the pay as you go that Fresha do.

Pros

Before Fresha, I was using a pencil and an book. Clients had to call by phone to book an appointment or send a message through social media. On my day off, I would carry the book with me and divert calls to my phone. This wasn’t great if I was out and about shopping or just having a needed switch off /quiet time. I can honestly say that going online with Fresha, has changed my business. Clients can...

Cons

If there’s anything I’m not sure about, I feel I can get in touch and ask. I’m not so keen on the card payment device. It’s a bit slow and clunky. Also- with the no show- sometimes people clear their account so you can’t take the payments they owe. I don’t think there’s much you could do with that. I would like the client info to merge better for people who one week book in with their maiden name of Scott and other times decide to be ‘oh.. is it under the name Wilson?’ And have 2 different client a counts ..or use different emails.

KA

Kimberley A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Excellent booking system, helpful knowledgable staff, a must for any beauty business

Just wanted to give my feedback to anyone who may be on the fence about upgrading to the paid version of Fresha. I had a call 2 weeks ago about the changes and arranged a face to face call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] last Friday. I was initially scrambling to look at other systems and went into the meeting with a notepad full of reasons why I didn’t want to upgrade. Don’t get me wrong, I am so...

Pros

Cons

5 years in and haven't come across anything I don't like yet, their system is constantly evolving and they take feedback and requests from clients VERY seriously (ie. they make the changes needed)

JR

Jessica R.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

BADASS company and customer service!!

Pros

We all have to like customer service! They are so fast at we replying normally within a day if not hours! I have NEVER dealt with anyone rude (I go to them more than I should, I'll just say I'm total computer dumb), and they legit send me step by step instructions with little picture of icons that help me with every step of whatever I need that go around! I LOVE EVERYTHING about this software and...

Cons

Absolutely NO CONS! They are working on the software ALL the time! LEGIT, LOOOOOOVE THIS SOFTWARE AND THE BADASS COUSTOMER SERVISE! You're already missing out if you haven't already clicked to sign up!

DB

Dylan B.

All Around Great Company/Brand

Not only do they have great software, but they have an amazing culture. I saw an advertisement for them, commented on my experience with their product, and congratulated them on their exposure and success. They sent me a PERSONAL message. Emoji’s and everything! In response to that comment. They are getting everything right.

Pros

This software is very user friendly: Simply organized- Uses basic interfacing structure that makes everything easy to find, allowing us to perform tasks efficiently and easily, and it very easy to train staff. Easy on the eyes- I am a people person, not a technology person. I don’t like the big flashy nonsense, crazy fonts and colors and the disappearing and reappearing functions on some of these...

Cons

Honestly I have not found something negative about using this software. I am not the one who customizes our particular account, I am a user only. However, from a user perspective at least, this software hits all the check marks.

<3 <3

TW

Ted W.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Spa Management and POS software that will be LOVED by Spa Owners and Managers who implement it!

Many, if the company will be doing such a great job, in near future Shedul will be the Spa Management software to go! My wife spa is very customer oriented and this software allows us to accommodate our customers request much easier, quicker and with fewer errors. I love it!

Pros

There are many areas of this software that I really like (even now, when the software is limited in certain functions BUT, it is continuously updated with new functions. In a year or so it will be the best software that is available to manage spas and salons. And, it might be the software of choice for spa managers and owners due to the fallowing few reasons: Ease of Use, multi-platform compatibility,...

Cons

Right now the application does not have the interface to setup a merchant account (Credit Card processing) though they are working on it and it should be ready in the next few months. You can setup two different tax tables (sales and service) but in the reports so far there is no specific report that you can calculate a sale tax. Never the less, you can manually calculate it since there is a report...

TP

Tracy P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Shedul is amazing and their team is simply unbeatable in their support and response time!

Before we opened our salon in April, we researched and selected Shedul because of its many features that are truly outstanding. What drew my eye first was the ability to use it at no charge. How could they offer so many features and benefits without the high charges other companies have? I wanted to give it a try without the hassles of "trial periods" and training videos. You have got to experience...

Pros

I am always interested in making things smarter, faster, easier, etc. I have found a perfect partnership with the team from Shedul. Responsive team at Shedul Online Booking SMS texting/Email for confirmations, reminders, thank you's, etc. Email to associate who has the booking with additional email to receptionist/owner/manager, whoever you need notified. POS Barcode scan in Products or hand key them in to see at POS. Rebooking feature Able to see calendar weekly or daily Run numerous reports Security levels for different team members The list is really much more than this, these are a few of the many features to be found.

Cons

There are no Cons. You will never regret going with Shedul for your business!

MC

Milan C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing software, developers have nailed it as they have captured all the features we need expertely

This software is exactly what we have been searching for. It has the features we need, is powerful enough to maintain all of our client data, appointments for multiple staff, sales dashboard, generating reports, import/export data, online booking buttons for social media websites including Facebook, and much much more. I have worked with various software and client relationship managers previously...

Pros

Everything we need is here with the ease of access required for all staff members. It's great that we can see daily appointments, sales, revenue etc from the dashboard and can easily generate reports and export to excel. Adding different services and products (i.e. retail add on products) is extremely simple; you enter in the service and include price and duration etc which makes it very easy when...

Cons

The company has pretty much nailed it with their software though if I had to put something, I could only suggest adding the ability to further customise options, page layout, which data to display or not display etc; this would be great.

Mark A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

A great experience so far...

Pros

We switched from Booker, who we had been with for 8 years, and so far the experience has been great. I love that Fresha works great on all devices and that our customers can do pretty much anything from their phones, including make and amend bookings, complete consultation forms, add payment cards, see their history etc. It's easy for our customers to book and check availability with their favourite therapist in a few clicks. The integrated payment system is good value and Fresha provide everything .. so no separate card processing, payment gateways or machine rental charges. The UK support is helpful and friendly and there are lots of articles, videos etc to help you get set up.

Cons

New features are being added all the time (you can see what's planned on their community pages). Features not currently available but in an ideal world I would like are, the migration of appointment history and existing gift vouchers, discount codes that can be promoted to clients and entered online and more options for sending out emails along the lines of MailChimp. Some of these are planned so it's still a great choice.

DK

David K.

Retail, 11-50 employees

LIGHTYEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION

I made the switch from Mind Body, and within days, my whole team absolutely fell in love with it. Afterwards, my clients have now done the same

Pros

The interface for both clients and operators, it's smooth and never glitchy, it's EASY as can be, the price is unbeatable, and the customer service is excellent.... Like a Tesla, this is software that gets BETTER overtime. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Cons

Still waiting to find one. I suppose the marketing items could be expanded, but they keep us posted about that which is very nice.

SB

Sashana B.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

Very Simple and User Friendly

I am a freelance makeup artist who has been searching tirelessly for a scheduling app that can make booking easy, track my clients and their appointments, and accommodate discounts, gift certificates and group and appointments. My experience with Fresha has been great thus far, and I don't see myself moving away from it anytime soon.

Pros

First, Fresha is really easy to use and the layout of the software is quite beautiful. All the symbols and labels are found to the left of the screen. They're clearly visible, they're accurate and are easily distinguishable from each other. Also, The process of setting up and creating your booking website is very simple and straightforward. There really is no need for a tutorial of any kind. However,...

Cons

I like Fresha, but there is one main feature that is missing. There is no option to create or incorporate add-on's for appointments when booking. Add-on's are offerings which clients may desire to receive and pay for in addition to their original booking. Those other offerings are charged separately, but their incorporation may not necessarily lengthen the service time. To incorporate add-on's, you have to create a whole new service and incorporate those extras as options, or calculate the actual total after having sent the client an invoice through Fresha. So, the client cannot get their true total initially if they want to add any other options to their service. There is definitely a need for the 'add-on' option, as its absence is really felt in a great way.

MH

Mohamed H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Amazing Software

Pros

For someone who is looking for a comprehensive, user-friendly, and inexpensive software solution for their business, Fresha is the easy answer. I love how they constantly introduce updates that come directly from their customers’ feedback. I love how they treat you like a real partner every single time you ask for help. I have used quite a few business softwares over the years; and I don’t think any of them comes even close to Fresha in terms of ease of access, value for money, or even detailed reports.

Cons

Some features take some time to get introduced. But hey, they’re coming.

CS

Carolina S.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Works wonderfully for temp staffing, too!

Shedul has created a simple scheduling software that works well for any industry. It is a free (or low cost) solution which is awesome for small business like mine. There are plenty of features available that my business doesn't use, but that other businesses could definitely benefit from.

Pros

I run a dental temporary staffing agency and we began using this program around the time it came out. It was very new and the developers were in close contact with us often asking what we liked/disliked about the program. We use it in an unintended and unconventional way but it has worked better for us than any scheduler built for staffing. The ease of adding appointments, changing, updating, and...

Cons

They have been growing quickly and making a lot of changes. The only real issue I've faced is a 3-4 second lag but it has only just started happening in the last couple weeks so I'm sure it will be resolved soon. The support staff is responsive and helpful.

CT

Carla T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Life saving system

Very happy, wouldn’t mind if it was a bit more affordable for people small like me but I’m happy and grateful for having the system for free. I also would like to mention [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the lady assigned for my area for her phone call yesterday, no hard sell at all, just wanting to know me and my view on Fresha and also offered to help me with the system to see what else I could benefit from, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows that I can’t afford at the moment the subscription and still was very kind offering to look what else I can do with my free account, was lovely and very pleasant to me. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and hope you get this review

Pros

I’ve been with Fresha from the beginning, used to be called shedull. I thought it was to good to be true, free for life?! What was the catch I thought? NONE! Yes free! For me the system it’s just amazing, from online bookings, text and email confirmations for clients, costumer service when I have doubts they are fast with solutions and explanations. I don’t use all of the features as I’m happy with what I’ve got, however if I was to grow my business for sure I would sign up for the rest of the features... only can say good things because it’s been very good for me. Highly recommend it.

Cons

I can’t fault anything... like I said above I do t use the whole systems fully...

HQ

Helena Q.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

My Search For Software Ends Here!

My over all experience has been a complete pleaser. I am completely cyber challenged, seriously, this is the first Software program that I've ever been abke to use with such confidence. I love it!

Pros

I love EVERYTHING about this Software! I'm in my 50's, yup old school, always felt I was one of those hard to teach an old dog new tricks people. But I downloaded the free version of Shedul, a bit intimidated I played around with it adding my products & sevices etc... very simple to do. I finally got up the nerve to actually start booking clients... but also continued to use my old appointment book...

Cons

There's really nothing that I don't like. I see there's an email you can set up to send clients promotional offers etc. I have to look into that, I'm not sure if it comes with the free version. The only thing more I would like is perhaps an occasional email update from the company to give me tips or provide info about other features that Shedul can do to make running my business easier. Otherwise NO complaints. If an old dog like me can use it with confidence, anyone can.