Fresha Logo
Fresha

Online booking platform for beauty and wellness businesses.

visit website

Fresha Reviews - Page 2

1,293 reviews

BC

Belinda C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Fantastic system for any business!

It’s fantastic, have recommended it to many and had some friends sign up over the last few years. You can modify your system to be as simple or complicated as you want to with treatments, services, products, commission for staff, reminders, text or email promotions honestly the perks are endless!

Pros

Fresha is a fantastic program and I have been using it now for over 2 years. I have been very happy with the system since moving over from Timely. I have contacted customer service a few times and they have always been amazingly accommodating.

Cons

I only have one little bit of feedback, it would be great to be able to select some Treatments being only available on certain days but all in all great program.

CW

Carley W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Highly highly recommend fresha! Just try it out, you'll thank me later!

Love love love fresha! I'm not paying an arm and a leg and the people that work at fresha genuinely care about you and want to make your business grow. These are Canadian locals that want to help Canadian businesses. I recommend fresha to everyone who needs a booking software... They are just that great I want to support them like they support small businesses!

Pros

I'm somebody who has difficulty just using Google sometimes. Fresha is so easy to set up and use, everything is straightforward and uncomplicated. They're booking software is free to use and when you get their POS machine, and you will want to, you don't pay a monthly fee, just a tiny percent (like 2.6% or something close to it) on purchases made only with the POS machine.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike but one suggestion I would make would be with the cancellation policy, I wish there was a way that you could make it so that you could pick and cost different parts of each tier of the cancellation policy.. something light like if they rebook or cancel 24 hours before their appointment there is no penalty but a no-show gets charged 50% of what their bill was going to be.

JA

John A.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Very good but not perfect

We have used Fresha (Shedul) for over 4 years. The product has been consistently improved over the years and we are thankful for that. The booking process is really great. The product is (rightfully so) built for commission salons. We are not a commission salon and it would be great to have some reports and features that would work better for us. Unfortunately, as stated earlier there have been some recent updates that have made things more difficult. However, I would choose Fresha again and again. It has been an essential part of our business. Consistently working well for both our clients and our staff.

Pros

Uptime is great. Appointment booking is easy for the client online and also for our staff. Inventory management is good, though it could use some tweaking in the low stock/reordering process. Ability for customers to buy products and vouchers online is a plus. The iOS app is great. Credit card integration works great with our Fresha card terminal. Client reminders work very well. Reporting is really good. Lots of ways to get essential information in the report area.

Cons

Recently, there have been frequent updates to the platform that have created a more difficult checkout process. Flow was disrupted and essential parts of the POS process were put in hard to get areas making them easy to forget (ex. assigning staff member commissions on products). Bottom line, it takes more clicks to check a client out than it did before. Fresha payouts to our bank account are slow...

KA

Kimberley A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Excellent booking system, helpful knowledgable staff, a must for any beauty business

Just wanted to give my feedback to anyone who may be on the fence about upgrading to the paid version of Fresha. I had a call 2 weeks ago about the changes and arranged a face to face call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] last Friday. I was initially scrambling to look at other systems and went into the meeting with a notepad full of reasons why I didn’t want to upgrade. Don’t get me wrong, I am so...

Pros

It makes my business run more efficiently, at a higher profit and a seamless experience for my clients. Everything about this system just works, the team have done an excellent job.

Cons

5 years in and haven't come across anything I don't like yet, their system is constantly evolving and they take feedback and requests from clients VERY seriously (ie. they make the changes needed)

JR

Jessica R.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

BADASS company and customer service!!

Pros

We all have to like customer service! They are so fast at we replying normally within a day if not hours! I have NEVER dealt with anyone rude (I go to them more than I should, I'll just say I'm total computer dumb), and they legit send me step by step instructions with little picture of icons that help me with every step of whatever I need that go around! I LOVE EVERYTHING about this software and...

Cons

Absolutely NO CONS! They are working on the software ALL the time! LEGIT, LOOOOOOVE THIS SOFTWARE AND THE BADASS COUSTOMER SERVISE! You're already missing out if you haven't already clicked to sign up!

DB

Dylan B.

All Around Great Company/Brand

Not only do they have great software, but they have an amazing culture. I saw an advertisement for them, commented on my experience with their product, and congratulated them on their exposure and success. They sent me a PERSONAL message. Emoji’s and everything! In response to that comment. They are getting everything right.

Pros

This software is very user friendly: Simply organized- Uses basic interfacing structure that makes everything easy to find, allowing us to perform tasks efficiently and easily, and it very easy to train staff. Easy on the eyes- I am a people person, not a technology person. I don’t like the big flashy nonsense, crazy fonts and colors and the disappearing and reappearing functions on some of these...

Cons

Honestly I have not found something negative about using this software. I am not the one who customizes our particular account, I am a user only. However, from a user perspective at least, this software hits all the check marks.

<3 <3

TW

Ted W.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Spa Management and POS software that will be LOVED by Spa Owners and Managers who implement it!

Many, if the company will be doing such a great job, in near future Shedul will be the Spa Management software to go! My wife spa is very customer oriented and this software allows us to accommodate our customers request much easier, quicker and with fewer errors. I love it!

Pros

There are many areas of this software that I really like (even now, when the software is limited in certain functions BUT, it is continuously updated with new functions. In a year or so it will be the best software that is available to manage spas and salons. And, it might be the software of choice for spa managers and owners due to the fallowing few reasons: Ease of Use, multi-platform compatibility,...

Cons

Right now the application does not have the interface to setup a merchant account (Credit Card processing) though they are working on it and it should be ready in the next few months. You can setup two different tax tables (sales and service) but in the reports so far there is no specific report that you can calculate a sale tax. Never the less, you can manually calculate it since there is a report...

MC

Milan C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing software, developers have nailed it as they have captured all the features we need expertely

This software is exactly what we have been searching for. It has the features we need, is powerful enough to maintain all of our client data, appointments for multiple staff, sales dashboard, generating reports, import/export data, online booking buttons for social media websites including Facebook, and much much more. I have worked with various software and client relationship managers previously...

Pros

Everything we need is here with the ease of access required for all staff members. It's great that we can see daily appointments, sales, revenue etc from the dashboard and can easily generate reports and export to excel. Adding different services and products (i.e. retail add on products) is extremely simple; you enter in the service and include price and duration etc which makes it very easy when...

Cons

The company has pretty much nailed it with their software though if I had to put something, I could only suggest adding the ability to further customise options, page layout, which data to display or not display etc; this would be great.

Mark A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

A great experience so far...

Pros

We switched from Booker, who we had been with for 8 years, and so far the experience has been great. I love that Fresha works great on all devices and that our customers can do pretty much anything from their phones, including make and amend bookings, complete consultation forms, add payment cards, see their history etc. It's easy for our customers to book and check availability with their favourite therapist in a few clicks. The integrated payment system is good value and Fresha provide everything .. so no separate card processing, payment gateways or machine rental charges. The UK support is helpful and friendly and there are lots of articles, videos etc to help you get set up.

Cons

New features are being added all the time (you can see what's planned on their community pages). Features not currently available but in an ideal world I would like are, the migration of appointment history and existing gift vouchers, discount codes that can be promoted to clients and entered online and more options for sending out emails along the lines of MailChimp. Some of these are planned so it's still a great choice.

SB

Sashana B.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

Very Simple and User Friendly

I am a freelance makeup artist who has been searching tirelessly for a scheduling app that can make booking easy, track my clients and their appointments, and accommodate discounts, gift certificates and group and appointments. My experience with Fresha has been great thus far, and I don't see myself moving away from it anytime soon.

Pros

First, Fresha is really easy to use and the layout of the software is quite beautiful. All the symbols and labels are found to the left of the screen. They're clearly visible, they're accurate and are easily distinguishable from each other. Also, The process of setting up and creating your booking website is very simple and straightforward. There really is no need for a tutorial of any kind. However,...

Cons

I like Fresha, but there is one main feature that is missing. There is no option to create or incorporate add-on's for appointments when booking. Add-on's are offerings which clients may desire to receive and pay for in addition to their original booking. Those other offerings are charged separately, but their incorporation may not necessarily lengthen the service time. To incorporate add-on's, you have to create a whole new service and incorporate those extras as options, or calculate the actual total after having sent the client an invoice through Fresha. So, the client cannot get their true total initially if they want to add any other options to their service. There is definitely a need for the 'add-on' option, as its absence is really felt in a great way.

DK

David K.

Retail, 11-50 employees

LIGHTYEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION

I made the switch from Mind Body, and within days, my whole team absolutely fell in love with it. Afterwards, my clients have now done the same

Pros

The interface for both clients and operators, it's smooth and never glitchy, it's EASY as can be, the price is unbeatable, and the customer service is excellent.... Like a Tesla, this is software that gets BETTER overtime. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Cons

Still waiting to find one. I suppose the marketing items could be expanded, but they keep us posted about that which is very nice.

EE

Emily E.

Great Fresha Booking Software

Booking appointments, contacting customers, sending out marketing messages, keeping track of daily sales. Analysing our sales totals at the end of the month with reports. Checking staff sales and commissions. It is a system which covers all the basic booking requirements of the salon with much more including a payment system.

Pros

It is so easy to use and it helps us to know at a glance what's going on in the day. The staff can login and see what's going on in their day and the little notes at the bottom mean I can always leave a little note for them about a client or they can, or the client can when they book online. The easy features mean it's not too time consuming to book a client, especially if you have them on the end of the phone, you can quickly take their details and before you know it, they have their booking confirmation in their inbox. I like the additional features like upselling and memberships which our clients take advantage of regularly.

Cons

It's all pretty good really, hard to fault, they always listen to customer feedback and help you out if you're stuck. I think it might be good to have an easier way of selecting customers who haven't been for a while to send out a marketing message just to those specific people. Maybe looking at what treatments they had so we can be more specific in our message. Also what might help is easier folders on the inventory, to store your products, something we are looking to increase.

CS

Carolina S.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Works wonderfully for temp staffing, too!

Shedul has created a simple scheduling software that works well for any industry. It is a free (or low cost) solution which is awesome for small business like mine. There are plenty of features available that my business doesn't use, but that other businesses could definitely benefit from.

Pros

I run a dental temporary staffing agency and we began using this program around the time it came out. It was very new and the developers were in close contact with us often asking what we liked/disliked about the program. We use it in an unintended and unconventional way but it has worked better for us than any scheduler built for staffing. The ease of adding appointments, changing, updating, and...

Cons

They have been growing quickly and making a lot of changes. The only real issue I've faced is a 3-4 second lag but it has only just started happening in the last couple weeks so I'm sure it will be resolved soon. The support staff is responsive and helpful.

HQ

Helena Q.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

My Search For Software Ends Here!

My over all experience has been a complete pleaser. I am completely cyber challenged, seriously, this is the first Software program that I've ever been abke to use with such confidence. I love it!

Pros

I love EVERYTHING about this Software! I'm in my 50's, yup old school, always felt I was one of those hard to teach an old dog new tricks people. But I downloaded the free version of Shedul, a bit intimidated I played around with it adding my products & sevices etc... very simple to do. I finally got up the nerve to actually start booking clients... but also continued to use my old appointment book...

Cons

There's really nothing that I don't like. I see there's an email you can set up to send clients promotional offers etc. I have to look into that, I'm not sure if it comes with the free version. The only thing more I would like is perhaps an occasional email update from the company to give me tips or provide info about other features that Shedul can do to make running my business easier. Otherwise NO complaints. If an old dog like me can use it with confidence, anyone can.

EDUARDO O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, reliable and very robust.

This platform has allowed us to expand considerably thanks to the marketing campaigns that we can do through our website and facebook pages integrated into this application, in addition to allowing us to make reservations online, another highlight is the inventory control that we have been able to make with this tool, in addition to payments, is a very comprehensive program that offers great functionality, facilitating and optimizing the management of the business, so the team will improve their productivity and efficiency, thanks to the commands made in Shedul. Thanks to this tool our business has grown rapidly and has managed to consolidate in the market and earn the trust and satisfaction of our customers.

Pros

Shedul is a web platform that has a mobile application (iOs and Android), has a very friendly interface, does not require learning curve, its design is very effective and elegant, allows to centralize all aspects related to the administration of a beauty salon, integrates features such as web site customization, booking appointments and recurring appointments, management of employees, inventories.... This efficient tool is accessible from any device, anywhere and at any time via the Internet. In addition, it has a very complete free version and more functional business plans.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this program is very robust, complete and effective, has a high rate of customization, is well structured and offers excellent results.

JT

Jade T.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Great scheduling program

I have been using Shedul as a scheduling tool. This has helped me to be a lot more organised and has prevented me from double booking staff which was happening before. It saves me time when taking bookings because I can see all my staff's bookings for the day on the same screen. I love how easy it is to use and I hope to keep using it for a long time.

Pros

- Shedul/Fresha is REALLY easy to use. We are a surf school, not a salon and I was able to adapt it to fit our needs easily. Even staff who are not good with technology were able to log on and easily use this program. I've used many different scheduling programs and this one has been the best for my needs with this company, and definitely the easiest to learn to use. - Adaptable - I was able to set...

Cons

I'm looking forward to the class feature being added, this will be very helpful for our business. It would be nice to be able to view multiple days and multiple staff at the same time on the calendar but I am happy with how it is currently.

Shayna J.

Choose something else...

I do not recommend this company. The headache and frustration of dealing with them is too much. If I did not already have my clients set up in their system, I would be switching to something else.

Pros

Fresha is easy from a set-up perspective. It’s easy to set up clients, booking appointments, etc. It all goes downhill after that.

Cons

I ordered a debit terminal in December 9, 2020. My business was scheduled to be open for business by the new year. There was no sign of my terminal. I emailed. I got a call. The guy had to “review my details” (which were already provided on the application) to see how much I would have to pay for the terminal. Except on the website it says it’s included in the 2.29% plus $0.20 per transaction fees. I’m...

Hi Shayna, Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with Fresha. We're glad to hear you found the set up and scheduling process simple and easy to use. We're sorry to hear about the delay with your card terminal reaching you and the confusion regarding your fees. Thank you for taking the time to speak with us and we hope you have a positive experience using Fresha moving forward. - Team Fresha

TL

Tracey L.

Amazing

Brilliant great managers that keep you on track to make sure you are optimise all the features that are constantly being updated

Pros

A very efficient and effective online cloud based booking system, we get amazing feedback daily from our clients on how easy it is to use, it has practically reduced our no shows to zero . Great for the whole team , great for rebooking clients and the appointment reminders are brilliant.

Cons

I think the updates need to be updated quicker.

JJ

Jess J.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

The Best

Pros

This program is so easy to use, it has all the correct reports easily available.

Cons

The only thing that is a slight inconvenience it the inability to customise reminder text messages and notifications that are sent out to the clients.

TR

Tristin R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Severely limited, bad long-term choice

Shedul is a deceptive piece of software because it is clean, good-looking, and easy to get started. But it is a terrible option in the long term, unless you plan to be a small business that never grows or you plan to pay someone to manually handle all of your scheduling and business-flow processes forever.

Pros

Very easy to setup and use. My staff were able to pick it up right away with minimal learning curve. The online booking system for clients is simple and clean.

Cons

No Google Calendar integration = dead end software. You cannot automate *anything* with this software, meaning you will be stuck manually handling everything related to booking for as long as you use this software. This means you will have some serious pain as your business grows. Worse yet, the online booking system is more a marketplace than anything else, making it very simple for your prospective clients to inadvertently end up on a competitor's booking page. Ouch!

Hey Tristin, sorry to see this! If you're looking for growth, your account is 100% unlimited so you can add as many staff, locations, services etc as you'd like. SMS and client notifications are also free & unlimited as part of your free for life account so the sky is the limit! We're all about automation so clients can book online rather than needing full time staff to manage your calendar....

NT

Natalie T.

Hospital & Health Care, self-employed

Great for a cheap alternative

Great starter software for small businesses not wanting to break the bank for all the bells and whistles. They were great at listening to what consumers/users wanted and upgraded often to stay with the times and have many options available for all types of businesses needs.

Pros

I loved that it was free when I signed up years ago. It didn’t have all the extra features I would have loved, but for the price, it was great to get my business started. I’m sure they have added many more features since then and have an upgraded paid version.

Cons

With the free version I had signed up to at the time, you couldn’t send out custom forms and have online booking. I believe this has since changed but was part of the reason I switched to a different booking software.

FM

Frank M.

Fresha - Salon Management software

All businesses need systems, simple systems work best, just the accounting integration. They get that right, they will have an absolute winner

Pros

scheduling, invoicing, inventory management and marketing. Has good CRM capabilities

Cons

No accounting software integration, tedious/cumbersome CSV export

TI

Trish I.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Best program ever!

I have been in the beauty industry for over 20 years. Have paid ridiculous amounts of money for other programs and the service was no way near as good. I have recommended this program to 2 other salon owners. Cannot speak highly enough! It has everything a salon needs and they are continually improving.

Pros

It does absolutely everything I need it to do and the customer service is outstanding!

Cons

No app on phone but it’s not really a problem as I have it saved in favorites on my phone.

OF

Ocean F.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Best of the best

I have a learning disability. I have to see step by step what’s in front of me. My business is my art. It’s not numbers and spreadsheets. Fresha does the hard part for me and it’s free. I don’t have a receptionist so fresha is mine. I raised my prices a little to cover the transaction fees which are not much at all. I love fresha I’m so happy with everything they do and have done for me. They really do want you to be successful. I know it feels like you’re all alone when starting a business by yourself, but fresha is like the big bother you never knew you needed. I can’t thank y’all enough for keeping me on track!!!

Pros

I like that clients get updates about up services. I also like the reports it generates. My tax spread sheets are easy to do I just plug in the numbers. I like that clients have to book with a card prior to seeing me. It insures me that no one is going to be wasting my time. I love the fresha team and all the support the pour over my head like my fairy god mother’s. Any minor inconvenience I’m going to reach out. They responded and resolved immediately. And I’m back to being a confident business owner. Ever since I’ve started using fresha my business in flourishing.

Cons

I’m just waiting for the membership to roll out!!! I know it’s coming soon.

Vincent P.

The best

Pros

I am a professional in hairdresser and I highly recommend this booking system. easy to custom or to use. It does what you looking for. Vincent hair passion.

Cons

Should be able to have more pictures, it is limited to 4 on the venue. And please if you could add some pictures for each services would be fantastic!