shopVOX Reviews

4.63/5 (164 reviews)
Pros
  • I like that the software is always changing and being updated.
  • It is very customizable and they have set all the normal formulas so you can really start using in a couple of​ days.
  • Job information is saved without backing up our servers and can go from design to completion seamlessly with minimal interaction of employees.
  • Their recent switch AWS servers made it a lot faster. Support for printing and sign shops. Customer Support Ability to integrate with Quickbooks
Cons
  • Sometimes can be a little slow but getting better..
  • Random shutdowns for maintenance. Price Steep learning curve.
  • There is a learning curve if you want to get the full benefit of the software.
  • My least favorite feature is the reports, as I wish they were more customizable.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jordan Campos

Really great for managing a lot of jobs (200 + jobs w/12 employees, we are not in the sign biz.

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Organizing jobs with a team centered focus, sending proofs to customer.

Pros
organizing jobs by step, there are so many different veiws to set up as, and its easy to switch between them. Uploading and sending proofs is nice and customers can approve or enter changes right through the system, and it will auto move the job fwd or backward right in the system.-in real time!

Cons
There is a steep learning curve, but an awesome support team. They give me tutorials, directions, and have even added features or debugged the code for me upon request. Right now I have the settings for "thumnail in email " off for the proofs but customers still see it , and reply to email instead of using the buttons. which is annoying because we can 100% trust the system , but the IT team is working on getting the issue fixed , im sure it wont be too long to see a solution.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the awesome review Jordan. Sounds like you are really using shopVOX and experience great benefits. It's great to see that you are managing so many jobs at once and using the proofing system. We are glad you are using our support team -- we are here for you as we know there is so much to learn with shopVOX. The more you learn and the more suggestions we are given, the better shopVOX runs and the better your business will run! Thanks again - we appreciate you!

Doug Donaghue

The software works well, has few issues and does what we need it to do.

Reviewed 2017-12-21

The software is a great help in running our office, from pricing to workflow management. It is well designed and incredibly helpful.

Pros
The flexibility of the software is incredible. I can customize it to a large degree and it allows me to take very direct control of our processes. It has more features that I have even had time to explore and I know that the more time I invest in learning it the more it will optimize our workflow, pricing, time management, etc.

Cons
The complexity is great, but I feel that we are under utilizing many of the features and not using several others. The training / online resources do not adequately show how to use all of the features in my opinion and are not easy to follow. Also, without paying for advanced setup you are left with a limited capability to use the software until you overcome an incredibly steep learning curve. It does seem that they have done more training materials / videos than were available when I first signed up and I am hopeful that as I continue to explore them I can implement the unused features in time.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Brittany Goodwin

ShopVox - great value!

Reviewed 2019-04-01

We used to use multiple systems and had many errors from repeated data entry errors. ShopVox gave us a single source to keep up with each job from sales lead to final invoicing and archiving.

Pros
ShopVox takes you from initial lead, through manufacturing, scheduling and final invoices. There are too many features to list, but most everything can be customized to fit you specific business. There are many resources for questions and 'human' support is responsive. There is a constant desire to improve the software, so there is a good chance your request for a specific feature will be implemented.

Cons
There is a learning curve if you want to get the full benefit of the software.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for reviewing shopVOX Brittany! We are glad to see that you were able to trim down the amount of systems that you were using because of shopVOX. It's nice to see that you are taking advantage of how customizable shopVOX is. Thanks for being part of the shopVOX family!

Kathy Anderson

Shopvox in the screen printing arena

Reviewed 2019-03-12

The small business that employs me does not currently take advantage of the full range of activities the shopVOX system can capture but as we grow the company, the system is always there with the solution for our needs. I think that shopVOX is so flexible that it will work as well for us when we are a huge player in the industry as it does for the small business that we are now.

Pros
I found it very transparent to the user and was able to learn a lot just by working with it (no teaching involved). If I ran into difficulties, the customer support was prompt and their directions were easy to follow.

Cons
I think that anything I don't like about it is related more to my ignorance than anything about the software!

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for your nice review Kathy. We appreciate knowing that shopVOX is easy to learn. That was one of our main goals when designing it. As you grow, make sure you do take advantage of more of shopVOX's features. They truly do save time as you have seen!

Michael Gassira

Easy to use, customizable, great support structure and a must have for any signage or print shop.

Reviewed 2018-01-31

Automating the quotation process and implementation of a much more easier workflow.

Pros
The ability to manipulate the software to do almost anything you want it to do. Creating products is easy, entering materials via the csv upload works seamlessly as it is also easy to update the materials, costs, margins etc ShopVOX offer a lot of variation options to format and customize your own ShopVOX user experience that suits your own unique business structure. The user interface (UI) is so easy to navigate and find my way around each and every feature and function of ShopVOX. The biggest Pro is the support from ShopVOX and the team. It is available around the clock and is endless. All the staff at ShopVOX are VERY knowledgeable, helpful and offer the best and fastest support available.

Cons
Entering data such as customers and vendors can be cumbersome but still works well. System Maintenance scheduled times can be annoying for us users in Australia as the software goes down at our busiest times, but not a big issue considering the number of updates and feature upgrades that ShopVOX constantly do to make the software better every day.

shawn marko

This software has dramatically increased our profitability

Reviewed 2018-02-07

Efficiency in production and sales has drastically improved, nothing gets missed when invoicing,

Pros
-how to videos and webinars are extremely helpfull -customer service is bar none -able to suggest new features (they actually implement suggestions!!) - Import customer lists -import catalogs from vendors -able to easily track costs of material and labor -you can have the shopvox team customize forms that suit your needs -total shop awareness of all outstanding jobs -job board automatically updates -easially track any jobs progress -our company has SEVERAL different processes (embroidery, sublimation,screen printing, digital print, sign making, UV printing, thermal printing, laser engraving) and shopvox is flexible enough to make a streamlined workflow for all of these very different processes. -

Cons
-it can be very intimidating to start with all the different options -can be expensive if you have a very large team that needs access to the program -

Kristin Moore

Excellent Software, Easy to Train New Users

Reviewed 2019-10-11

ShopVOX has really helped our shop with keeping track of all of our production steps, staying on top of due dates, and quickly and easily quoting and invoicing clients. I really like the flexibility of being able to create work flows that are specific to our industry. I love that we can upload art and other documents to the software so that even remote employees can access all of the information that they need. Any time we have run into an issue, the support team has been very responsive and helpful.

Pros
I like that the software is always changing and being updated.

Cons

Response from TechVOX

Thanks Kristin for the thoughtful review. We love that you take advantage of so many features and our support team.

Christi Thayer

With all of the programs out there SHOPVOX has been the best for our company's needs for a sign shop

Reviewed 2017-09-27

Production wise our company is able to track all jobs

Pros
My favorite feature with SHOPVOX is how user friendly it is, navigating is a simple task when you have a customer standing in front of you. Also on an accounting end SHOPVOX is very user friendly when searching for payments. On the production end SHOPVOX makes it very easy to keep track of ALL jobs whether they are in a QUOTE, SALES ORDER or if the job has been invoiced. Something that our department like as well is the roll up feature, it makes it simple for customers to read.

Cons
All in all I have nothing bad to say about the software. The communication with customer service is NOT good at all. You end up having to figure stuff out yourself, Especially when it comes to syncing

Response from TechVOX

Hi there Christi - we're very happy to hear that you like how user friendly shopVOX is.

I'm sorry to hear you've had a less than great experience with our support team.

I'd love to hear more about your issues.

Please shoot me an email - so that I can look into it.

Todd Wigington

Excellent Software

Reviewed 2019-05-18

I started using ShopVox from the very beginning when they started out. I used to be in a company that developed the printshop management software called PrintSmith. I used my knowledge from that experience and tried to pass on to Shopvox from the beginning. I got out of the industry for a few years but now that I am back in full swing I noticed they have used a lot to my suggestions. It is imperative for the survival of any software company that users pass on what t​​hey like​​ and​ dislike.

Pros

Cons
I would like the software to get set up​ with​ the more modern wrap templates like The Bad Wraps so when​ picking​ a vehicle for the wrap you get the total square footage automatically.

Response from TechVOX

Appreciate the review Todd. Glad you are back in the industry and back with shopVOX! We wish you much success!

Ali Given

A for Awesome!

Reviewed 2017-04-11

SignVOX has been one of the best finds since the digital printer! It seamlessly (and paperlessly) takes jobs from design to completion and makes quoting a breeze! Signsmith LOVES it!

Pros

Cons
we are still trying to utilize all that it is capable of, but right now, the only downside I have run into is that if our internet goes out, so does the VOX! Can't have everything!

Response from TechVOX

Thank for your review. It sure does take time to use all of the features. Sometimes trying a new one each month will help. By the end of the year, you will have incorporated many of the features and your shop will be so much more organized. :) And one more suggestion: when the internet goes out, you can use a personal iphone or android hotspot on your phone to connect to wifi until the internet returns. Thank again!

Andreas Rönnqvist

Excellent software for a sign shop, helps control workflow and improve throughput

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Improved workflow and throughput, reducing delays and delivery times, helping staff to plan their work, getting a more professional attitude towards the business, better customer service

Pros
Controls the process from quoting to invoicing. After setup for example the quoting process is very easy but also very powerful. We have improved throughput in our sign shop and reduced delays, thus improving customer service by a lot. Customer service is excellent, quick and friendly response time for any question at any time. Great tutorials, instructions etc. Easy overview of daily work tasks, no more thinking of what to do next. The staff appreciates the more organized way of doing daily business and if a person is off you can easily take up the work they have going. Would recommend this software for any sign shop that has 2 or more employees.

Cons
Setup demands time and effort to work efficiently but that's the case with all systems. Does not work well in Microsoft Edge but other browsers seem fine. Would like the possibility to search by name or text in the app instead of only sales order/invoice number.

Megan McBride

Keep an eye on them - so much potential

Reviewed 2017-02-24

We are a screen print company and are always on the lookout for a phenomenal screen printing management software. We've never been able to find one that meets all of our needs and expectations, but Shopvox came close. And they continue to add features regularly, so we are keeping an eye on them. We are not currently using Shopvox but used them on a trial basis for a couple months to test out whether or not they were the right fit for us and whether we could switch all of our operations over. What we liked: they're online! It's so convenient to be able to track our production and sales from any computer, anywhere in the world. We've paid thousands to setup intricate in-house servers so that our sales staff can access our system when on the road. But have an online system would be so much easier. Customer service is fantastic, and always available to answer questions or go over training. And their training is fantastic - lots of videos, training classes and manuals are available. Their Job Flows and work board are great and make seeing jobs under way very easy. Concerns - We had a couple concerns that prevented us from switching to Shopvox completely. They were not completely setup for apparel printers, having first been a sign company. And their Job Flows weren't setup for larger operations with multiple machines. We weren't able to switch or rearrange assigned machines to fine tune our print schedule. Overall I see a bright future for this company, and as they continue to improve and add features we will be watching and planning for a potential move one day. Something to consider - the flexibility of their system is not just for screen printers. I've recommended their system to family members who own a wine processing shop and need to track intricate steps of making wine. The Shopvox job flow is great for that type of operation too.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks so much for this great review. We appreciate all of the detail that you provided. As you acknowledged we are always adding new features and benefits. We will keep you in the loop with our new features for screen printers.

Rickey Johnson

The Most Bang For The Buck!

Reviewed 2019-09-03

The over all experience with ShopVox is excellent. I love that I can reach out the them and I get a response back with an answer to the problem. I also like that when I need help with something I am not nickle and dime to death. One Price, One Solution, All In One Place.

Pros
I love that ShopVox is always listening to the customer and adding new useful features. They are always in the background look for ways to make ShopVox BETTER!

Cons
For me there was some learning curve. That is was my biggest issue. But once I changed my thought process it really all came together. I am much more productive in my day to day process.

Response from TechVOX

We appreciate your review Rickey. We are grateful that you see our efforts to truly listen to your suggestions and to implement new features from users' ideas. Our customers' ideas truly do matter to us and we will always be attentive to those ideas.

Steve Sopota

Our experience with ShopVox

Reviewed 2019-06-14

ShopVox has proven an excellent tool for providing interaction, cooperation and understanding among the key areas of our business - sales, design and production. It facilitates unity and efficiency. We are a sign company that produces a high level of customised signage. ShopVox has catered for this aspect of our business particularly well.

Pros
Ease of use. Very practical processes that align really well with our business objectives. It give us full and immediate control over pricing of all product areas, and flexibility to adjust pricing to meet specific customer and market requirements. The workflow system is terrific and has been well embraced by our design and production team in particular. Again it gives us great flexibility to modify the processes as required by our business.

Cons
Sometimes can be a little slow but getting better..

Response from TechVOX

Steve, thanks for your great review of shopVOX. Glad you appreciate the flexibility that shopVOX offers and that it has aligned well your business objectives.

Matheus Ostafiuc

We run our entire operations with ShopVox, from CRM and quoting/billing, to material management.

Reviewed 2017-08-17

I can run my business remotely, from anywhere. We use to keep an overview on sales pipelines + production flow. Wouldnt be able to run my business without it

Pros
User-friendly - its quite intuitive, new employees learn it rather fast Easy to write quotes and invoices We can have a full overview of our operation: individual tasks/sales pipelines/quotes and invoices Flexible to your operation - we can adjust several aspects of the program to our operation, which is a great help

Cons
There are some good tools for reporting, but this would be one area for further development

Response from TechVOX

Hi Matheus - thanks for your review.

Can you send me some details via email on what reports you'd like to be able to run within shopVOX?

Our Product team would be very interested to learn more about it.

-Bryant from shopVOX

Edvaldo Bronhara

ShopVox Rocks

Reviewed 2018-11-05

I can have all my customer's info, invoices, receipts, assets and payments all in one place. No need to file papers or documents. Everything related to my customer is easier to find now.

Pros
I love how complete it is. Its the best combination of CRM/POS software for the sign industry I've come across. It gets better and better and all the updates. I haven't learned everything it has to offer because it's just too many. Also I love the fact customer can pay their invoice/down payment right from a simple online credit card form. I've started using it recently and I can't believe how convenient it is for me and my customers.

Cons
It's a little complex, but its because all the option is has... still is a much better version from the former Signvox.

Patrick Clifford

Excellent sales, administration and project management 'sign shop' software

Reviewed 2018-01-16

Excellent administration tool for the sign shop.

Pros
Unlimited opportunities for growth. The best feature is keeps track of every step of the process for making the sign. As the sign industry is so diversified with so many types of signs, ShopVox has the ability to perform. It does it well. No interruptions. When need support, ShopVox is excellent to work with. Their Chat group is available anytime. It provides all our needs with Quoting, Designing, Manufacturing, Servicing, and Customer service.

Cons
With any new software, setting it up is a challenge. This is like setting up a database management program. It's a different thought process when we setup our products and services.

Louise Powell

Increased efficiency all round

Reviewed 2017-08-16

Makes invoicing process a lot easier as all information is in one place and everyone is using the same system.

Pros
Invoicing process a lot easier as all the information is there, we still manually raise invoices in Sage. Having to store less paperwork and supporting documentation. Everyone using same software and working the same way.

Cons
Same numbers being used for multiple documents can get confusing when searching. Due dates changed on Job board do not change on sales orders.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Louise - wanted to say thank you for your review and your feedback.

We do have the ability to use different numbers for Sales Orders and Invoices - but that's a setting controlled by the admin of your shopVOX account.

If you guys would to enable that - just reach out to our Chat Support team. They can enable with approval from your admin.

And you're right - if you change the Job due date - it doesn't update the Sales Order. That's because there could be multiple Jobs on the Sales Order that are due at different times.

If you can explain to our team a little more on how you're using the dates - I'm sure we could figure out the best way for you to handle them.

Thanks.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Tim Smith

Finally a Software that is truly built for Printing, Signage, Award and the Promotional Industry.

Reviewed 2017-09-09

Quick quoting Production management Usable reports

Pros
Before ShopVOX, we had used three different platforms for our sales and shop operations. None of the three had worked seemelessly. ShopVOX has enabled us to manage our workflow, track the sales activities that lead to new jobs, and also use solid costing on our quotes to ensure that we're pricing correctly and maintaining margin with sales. The quoting process is quick and consistent. Pricing templates can handle all aspects of a simple or complex order.

Cons
To be expected you do have devote time into setting up the pricing structure for your individual shop. I blocked out six days to get everything set up.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Tim - thanks for your detailed review. We're very happy that you're a customer and I hope you'll get some value from our new E-Commerce features. As always - if there's anything I can do - just give me a shout.

Elizabeth Howard

We appreciate how team members can login to see the state of all jobs and quick tech support.

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Pros
The overview of where each job is at, the quote & artwork proof portals, and exact calculations of profit margins on each material/product. So powerful to make good biz decisions.

Cons
I wish you could combine quotes or sales orders together. And I wish I had more time to learn to utilize all the powerful features they offer.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for your nice review. We are glad that you are enjoying the collaboration features and the ability to be in the know of what is happening in your shop. These are so important! Regarding wishing you had more time to learn more features, we suggest tying one new feature each month. Pick something like sales lead management. Really use if for the month, then add another feature the next month. By the end of the year, you will have more organized shop!

Anonymous

Very adaptable shop software

Reviewed 2019-05-22

Pros
shopVOX cloud-based software gives you a lot of tools to manage your shop, from a variety of pricing models for products and services to production management, online proof tools, etc. All, in a very customizable platform that you can mold to your business. It also integrates with QuickBooks, which is a great feature. While I believe it started as sign shop software, it has been expanded to handle a variety of business types.

Cons
The initial setup can be daunting, but they offer assistance in getting the program setup for your business. Overall, support is good, but sometimes it takes a little back-and-forth to get them to understand the issue you are having.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for your review

Steve Hodel

Shopvox is a great cloud-based estimating and production workflow management software package.

Reviewed 2017-08-17

I am able to quote projects more quickly and accurately. I am also able to follow up on quotes, get customer information quickly. Shopvox is a great tool to keep all information on a project in one place.

Pros
We are able to quote jobs with very accurate cost measurements. We are able to send quotes and invoices to customers very quickly. Accounts receivables are easy to manage and follow up on. Production workflow can be managed very well with this software, down to as much detail as you want.

Cons
Navigating the software sometimes requires too many clicks, too many screens, in particular when quoting. Updates and changes occur to the software often without any notification.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Steve - thanks so much for your review.

I'd like to hear more about the too many clicks issue and specifically what we can do to help to improve the quoting feature for you.

Please shoot me an email so we can setup a time to discuss.

-Bryant from shopVOX

Janet Garman

ShopVox is great!!!

Reviewed 2018-02-24

Job tracking

Pros
ShopVox has been a wonderful addition to our busy office. We use it to track production and accounting for our medium sized business. We love that it will work on the signs side of our business as well as the textile side. With one click you can see where any job is in the production process. It has allowed our team to stay on top of orders and not miss deadlines...and alerts us early on if there is an issue with a product or production. Their support staff is nothing short of incredible. There is a live chat feature and they are usually quite quick to respond and help...even after hours. If the person you get doesn't know the answer they will find someone that does. They are also constantly improving their product. If there is a feature that you feel needs to be added and you mention it to them they genuinely try to make it happen.

Cons
ShopVox was a little difficult to set up...but it has been very worth the effort that was required.

Lakshan De Almeida

Backbone of our shop.

Reviewed 2019-07-30

Before we integrated ShopVox into our shop, we were struggling to keep track of jobs and to provide accurate quotes. I stumbled upon ShopVox through Capterra and after trying 5 or so different print management software, I finally decided to go with ShopVox. Best decision I've ever made. Not only are we more competitive with the market now, thanks to ShopVox I can focus on quick and easy quotes so that the customer doesn't have to wait till we get back. I set the system up myself, however I recommend getting some help through their online support staff if you're going to attempt it. Their support is among the best in the market. 10/10.

Pros

Cons
Random shutdowns for maintenance. Price Steep learning curve.

Response from TechVOX

We are honored that after trying 5 other print management software options, you chose shopVOX. We are glad to know that the AWS server switch has improved shopVOX's speed. We are constantly seeking ways to make shopVOX even better and will continue to do so! Thanks for your feedback Lakshan. We appreciate it!

Clinton Smith

Revolutionized our paper system!

Reviewed 2018-05-12

Time savings for everything from sales leads, to quoting to production to pick up, better consistency in service, presentation and pricing and fewer human errors as we're only recording the information once.

Pros
We have fewer errors, more consistency in pricing and have freed up so much time we were wasting on repetitive tasks that ShopVox eliminates. I love that anyone can access a client file with ease and know exactly where we are in the process and give the client the information they are looking for. Allows us to provide better service to our customers and eliminates a pile of call backs for our sales staff. The newly added Canadian SanMar and AlphaBroder catalogues are a huge time saver. Very responsive customer service 24/5.

Cons
I think it started as a sign industry software and they are still tweaking it for the apparel decoration industry but I am seeing improvements and upgrades all the time. It is still functional for apparel but the language is geared towards signs.