shopVOX Reviews

4.63/5 (164 reviews)

Pros
  • Comprehensive, clean UI, ease of use, plenty of features included without need for extra subscriptions.
  • Fairly easy to train new staff, ease of use, nice interface and continued development. The online support
  • Easy to use. Captures all of our clients information and takes our sales process from quote to invoice, ie A to Z.
  • Organizes and helps streamline custom work flow. Appears to be scalable so no concerns of outgrowing the software quickly.
Cons
  • finding enough time to explore all the features
  • I would like to see more Apparel catalogs in the options like adding S&S active to SanMar and Alpha
  • - setup does take some time (we are not completely setup yet) - didn't receive alot of initial training
  • Servers go down or have issues from time to time but has become very few and far between in the past year
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jasmine Ruth

Terrible product, they don't know their customers, little support.

Reviewed 2017-08-15

None

Pros
I can't think of much. Truly, nothing good about it at all for our business. Perhaps this would work well for a small business with only a handful of products.

Cons
We've been using ShopVox for over 2 years now so we have a lot of (terrible) experience with this product. We have had nothing but trouble since using this program. It is not easy, it doesn't flow well, it doesn't make sense. They create problems and then make the fix a paid "feature." For example suddenly everything runs together even when you type it out in nice paragraphs. In order to not have this happen they say you must pay for this "feature." Unbelievable. The communication is horrible, not only language but just general understanding. They blame things constantly on a local server then will report an outage weeks later. It takes them months to fix seemingly simple things. When features they have don't work, they just say not to use it. Worst service I've ever had with any type of software. They corner you into using it since all your data is now in their "cloud" and who wants to start over with another software program yet again. We can't even build pricing, it simply doesn't work. It doesn't connect well with quickbooks, I can go on and on, it causes us more work than if we were to write this out by hand. WE have to manually price out everything because we're unable to successfully build pricing forms.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Jasmine - I'm very sorry that you feel this way.

I'm sure you're very busy and I can understand how not having your pricing configured correctly would be frustrating.

I'm more than happy to help you and your team create the pricing templates for your products. And I've already been in-touch with D.Rose from your team about this.

If you'll provide the specific details of these other issues, our team will surely look into them for you.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Jamie Rayford

ShopVox Review

Reviewed 2017-11-13

Pros
ShopVox is constantly updating and adding new features to the software which makes it easier to work with our customers! The software definitely streamlines things on our end, so we can continue giving our customers great service.

Cons
ShopVox has a few bugs now and then where some features are down for a couple hours, but you can instantly report it to their techs using the chat feature and it's usually resolved fairly quickly.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Jamie - just wanted to say thanks for your kind review and that we very much appreciate all your team's support.

I wish we could have 0 bugs 100% of the time - but we are working hard to improve every day.

If there's anything I can do to help - please let me know.

Thank you!

Jeff Smith

Great product!

Reviewed 2018-10-03

My experience has been very good. I am not using everything the software is capable of, but what I do use is a huge timesaver. As my business grows, I will begin to use more of the shopVOX features.

Pros
I looked at several systems before deciding on shopVOX. The software does a great job and will take care of my business as I grow. What I like best is the customer service. I have never waited more than a few minutes to receive help. The help is there 24 hours a day. I also like that shopVOX works great for a small business with just a couple employees and will easily handle a very large business with hundreds of people. You will never have to change systems due to expansion and growing.

Cons
There is a small learning curve, but shopVOX is really great about having online help to show you how to manage the system.

Jay Alame

Feature-packed software, absolutely nothing like it.

Reviewed 2017-08-18

Pros
Its functionality and the features/options available makes it possible to customize the listing of any product. THere is no software similar to it in the industry. Its very flexible.

Cons
The learning curve. One has to be tech savvy to figure out all the features however, if you take your time reading the documentation and the tutorials, you'll be ok.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Jay - thanks for your review. I'll agree with you on the "nothing like it" claim.

I hear you on the learning curve thing - some of the pricing setup and options - take people a little longer to figure out.

Were there any tutorials or documentation you thought we were missing? Would love to hear your take on it.

-Bryant from shopVOX

JOSE GARCIA

Great software!

Reviewed 2018-01-05

Pros
The software offers me real time reports when I need to know how much have I sold during the whole year so far, as well as daily sales, open invoices, payments, etc.

Cons
does not have certain capabilities yet, I am sure they will improve it soon, for example, if you have a customer that is a reseller, but begun as a regular customer with regular tax, then sends you a reseller certificate, sometimes, is not possible to just take out the tax, you need to void the invoice and create a new one, even if you have changed the customer details from taxable to non taxable, it is simply not possible just to uncheck the tax. I am pretty sure they will fix that, because in some cases, the software allows it and in some it doesn't.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Jose, thanks for the review. Appreciate it and thanks for being our customer.

w.r.to the question you have about making an Inv non-taxable (for resellers) this should be doable 100%. Please contact our support chat 24x5 and you should be able to do this.

Ashley Barnes

The software had a small learning curve from SignVOX, but it's been a great shop resource.

Reviewed 2017-08-25

Pros
It keeps everything nice and organized, and once you get the hang of the software's UI, it becomes easy to not only manage orders I have, but I can also easily see what my coworkers have been working on if I need to pick up a project mid-production for any reason.

Cons
I cannot get a job list of just items I am assigned to work on as a project manager without getting an excel file or pdf that includes all open jobs, so I can't easily populate a to-do list for shop meetings, but while it is a bit of a nuisance, it isn't extremely detrimental.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Ashley - wow! Thanks for the detailed feedback. Great to hear it helps you organize your shop.

On the list of jobs issue you mentioned - there are several ways to do this and I'd be happy to point you in the right direction if you'll send me an email

-Bryant from shopVOX

Mike Fackrell

ShopVox has been a game changer! Greatly improved production management and customer interactions.

Reviewed 2018-07-19

Streamline production control and management so we work more efficiently. Powerful pricing tools for products so things are priced out correctly and consistantly. synchronization with accounting system so no more double entry on orders. This product has saved us lots of time and helps to eliminate errors in the ordering and production process. Has completely changed the way we run our business and it is so much better!

Pros
Production control and management. Wide range of supported product types, Signs, Banners, Apparel, Promotional, etc.. Customer interactions and cPortal option. Flexible and powerful product pricing tools. Integration into accounting system (Quickbooks, Xero). Catalog integration with vendors. Job boards and reporting features.

Cons
basic eCommerce function (but improving). Not able to directly edit PDF documents for production or customer views. No CSS control/override for web views or eCommerce. No limits on input fields for pricing/configuring products.

Shane VanEgmond

ShopVox has allowed our shop to manage many aspects in one location with quick work flow changes.

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Pros
- versatile - holds key sales & product info for future use - multiple users help shop work flow - everything in one location (ie: contact info, quotes, work orders, invoices, PO) - allows anyone on shopvox in our shop to convert quotes to WO and then to invoices, allowing turnarounds faster. - great way to keep customer/contact data

Cons

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the review Shane!! We are glad that shopVOX has allowed your shop manage better and faster!! Always feel free to contact support for any help with setting up. :)

Paul Williamson

We are a ShopVox fan!

Reviewed 2018-12-16

Improved our customer and product data management , product tracking and management overview processes 100%. Without ShopVox, our future growth would be limited. We have over 140 orders (projects) underway at one time, and manual tracking was becoming impossible. ShopVox will allow us to double out size to $4M in sales in 3 or 4 years.

Pros
Provides end-to-end management from initial inquiries (sales leads) through product shipping, including quotes, sales orders, invoices, pricing, design, production,and shipping. Good analysis and dashboards for overview, also details on customers, design, and production processes. I have 6 of our managers (sales, design, production, finance) making inputs to ShopVox, no more sticky notes, Excel spreadsheets, etc. Integrates data bases and all processes. Very good training and implementation/configuration support, including 24 hour chat box.

Cons
Pricing models, while very comprehensive (we have very over 20 complex products each with up to 40 features that have to be priced) could be more flexible. Configuring ShopVox for our rather complex dimensional and carved sign & plaque manufacturing business is time-consuming; we opted for the one-week support option, and it was well worthwhile, within 2 weeks we were using ShopVox at nearly full capability.

Christine Gozza

Very powerful software

Reviewed 2019-09-10

They are responsive to user input and they provide improvements & updates often.

Pros
The automated workflows are very effective. I personally love the software, however, we have a fair amount of older users who are not very computer proficient and they have a harder time navigating, but that has nothing to do with ShopVox.

Cons
Regarding the initial 1 week training on how to set up the back end: rather than have 1 week of training all at once, I would have preferred to have a couple days training on setting up the back end, then a few weeks later, have the other half of the user-side training after I had the back end set up.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for your review, Christine. Awesome that you are taking advantage of the automatic workflows. They certainly save time and help with organizing your workflow.

Leland Watson

Compared to systems I have used, ShopVOX is the most robust of all of them.

Reviewed 2018-02-09

It is a great estimating systmem and streamlines the management of the business. It did take some time to learn the system but the instructional materials, videos, and one-to-one assistance make it quick and easy to learn the basic. Using it continues to make me more proficient.

Pros
The setup, while taking some time because it encompasses so much capability, is straight forward. The use of the system, once setup, is very user-friendly, and can manage a business from estimating, invoicing, integration with QuickBooks and collection. It is well thought out based on industry standards. I would recommend this system to any printing, apparel, sign, and direct mail marketing company seeking more control over their operations, cost-control management, and bottom line.

Martina Brady

Great Software, be lost without it !!!

Reviewed 2017-11-28

Pros

Cons
No Phone App, hard to access when on the road, it would be helpful to have some information to hand when on the road.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Martina
There is a shopVOX Go App available in Apple store as well as in Google Play. Download it.
This app has only complementary features, not every thing you can do on the web. We will be adding more features to this app as we go.

But shopVOX web app is to be responsive design, meaning it will adjust to the device form factor. And you can access everything on the web app on a phone also. Just open Chrome/FF browser on your phone and login to shopVOX with your credentials and you will see how it works.

Hope this clarifies... if not just email support@shopvox.com for further help.

Lesley Smith

Saves Time and Money by minimizing errors and duplication

Reviewed 2017-10-29

We're still in the implementation stages and there are a few glitches to iron out but it is already saving us time and money.

Pros
24/5 troubleshooting and support for myself and all my staff Sync's directly to QB so we don't have to duplicate entries We enter order once as a quote and simply convert it from there, Never have to write the same order twice, minimizing human errors.

Cons
No current Canadian supplier catalogues so we have to enter all our pricing information every order. Having glitches in QB and Email that tech support can't understand or replicate. It stores a lot of information stored but it can be overwhelming to have it all appear, would be nice to 'hide' lost quotes and completed invoices. Would like to re-use sales and invoice numbers that are deleted so the sequence is maintained in QB.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Lesley - thanks for your review. I like to hear that you shopVOX is helping reduce errors.

I believe I'm aware of your Canadian catalog issue and I hope our team will be able to solve that for you soon.

Regarding hiding lost quotes and completed invoices - could you shoot me an email with a little more detail about this?

I don't believe there's anything we can do about the voided sales order numbers - but it is possible to de-couple the Sales Order and Invoice number inside shopVOX. I'd be happy to explain the details via email.

Susan Sutherland

Have been using for a few years and like the product

Reviewed 2017-11-10

The best benefit is consistency in our work flow, the ability to find details of previous jobs (if entered),

Pros

Cons
Some features from previous version not available. Takes a fair amount of understanding to setup complex pricing

Response from TechVOX

Thank you Susan!

Very glad to have you and The Sign Pad as customers.

We're definitely trying to simplify pricing quite a bit in the coming months. BTW we do have about 36 new starter products for the Sign industry that are available to load into your account.

If you're interested - just let us know.

Anonymous

Great software with a support team that is continuously improving the product!

Reviewed 2018-06-25

It has helped us to streamline our production and to have accountability to each step along the way. Production efficiency has gone up, and visibility is improving daily.

Pros
We originally only used the software for quoting, which became a work order, which became an invoice. It worked great for that purpose. We've recently started using it to manage our production as well, and is a great tool there as well!

Cons
The system is a LIVE system that is always updating. This can make changes to the scheduling a little slow, as it is updating with every change. The system overall has a slow response time as well (on the production management end), but ShopVox has let us know of their goals and improvements they've made along the way.

Matt Wallace

Potential to be the leading platform in the customization industry

Reviewed 2018-08-17

Utilizing the job board feature made an immediate improvement on our shop workflow. Within 2 weeks we noticed a significant improvement in our production flow. Helped minimize simple mistakes we made before and gave us a bird's eye view of our projects. I made the mistake of trying to make shopvox work how our shop did versus making adjustments to our shop to make the most of shopvox. Setting it up took a bit more time than expected and we're still making adjustments as needed. However, it has semi-automated some tasks we used to do manually. The software has a lot of potential to be THE software of the customization industry. Anxious to see what improvements come in the next year.

Pros

Cons
It's not 100% clear on how to tailor the software to your shop needs. There seems to be features that could benefit our shop but not sure how to make the best use of them.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Dana Keen

Very user friendly program and is designed with the needs of sign companies in mind.

Reviewed 2017-08-17

Pros
I love that I can use this from my phone and save photos and emails directly to individual orders. I love that someone is always available if I'm having technical difficulties. They listen to suggestions that we offer to make it an even better website. I love how it makes keeping my jobs and customer organized.

Cons
I can't really think of anything negative. I wish there was more ease to create my own personalized reports, but its great otherwise.

Response from TechVOX

From our entire team at shopVOX - thanks so much for the review Dana.

We try our best to provide the best support possible.

Not sure if you've relayed what reports you're looking to run to our team yet - but if you'll do that our team will surely take a look.

Thanks
- Bryant from shopVOX

Matt Cella

ShopVOX helps our business

Reviewed 2019-06-06

We were hesitant to switch POS systems again (we were originally with SignVox and Casper before that), but this move has been fantastic. Our entire team is up-to-speed on the software and we are all loving it.

Pros
The depth and portability are it's biggest assets. We are just now digging deeper into the pricing structures to fine tune our products, and it's going to be a game-changer for our business. Quoting and invoicing is a breeze, and teaming up with an online payment portal has been extremely beneficial. And being able to write up orders anywhere is a dream.

Cons
If I had to make a complaint, it would be with the speed and loading times in some areas. I'm guessing the upgrade to AWS will greatly improve this problem.

Response from TechVOX

We are appreciative of your review Matt. We love knowing that you are taking advantage of writing orders from outside your shop, plus that quoting and invoicing is easy to use.

Eric Hoock

Great interface and conformability

Reviewed 2017-08-17

Extremely efficient team workflow

Pros
The overall use is very fluid and user friendly. Too many of there competitors have a dated database look to them that does not flow well. Very conformable and powerful. You can tailer the software to however detailed you want.

Cons

Response from TechVOX

Hi Eric - really appreciate your kind review.

And I do apologize for that last issue we had with our Global Search. I can assure you everybody on the team wanted to fix the issues quickly.

We spent some time wrestling with it - and we solved the major problems with it. Everything is back up to speed now (maybe even a bit faster).

Thanks for being a customer.

Nicole McDowell

Great!

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Pros
The best support help! One on one phone calls, emails with a real person. If there is a quick question the chat is perfect. Lots of great features. Training videos and details are always available. If you need a walk through they will make a video to help assist you. If you are asking a quick question they take snap shots and send them to you so you can see what is being discribed. Many great features within the set up of this detailed system.

Cons
Some items that we want customized are not an option yet however we really like that ShopVOX takes everyone's wants of the system into account when making regular improvements.

Brendan Nolan

The best choice for screen print shop management

Reviewed 2019-06-04

We're very pleased with how shopVOX helps us manage our business, from crunching numbers or ordering product, to the production floor and shipping out orders.

Pros
The vast array of features they offer that enable you to manage and organize just about every aspect of your day to day operations.

Cons
There are a fair amount of bugs/glitches, which is to be expected for a software company constantly rolling out features. But, they respond quickly and fix bugs in a timely manner.

Response from TechVOX

We appreciate your review Brendan. It's wonderful that you are taking advantage of a variety of shopVOX's features to manage different areas of your business. Keep exploring the app for more features and feel free to ask us for suggestions if you need them.

Anonymous

ShopVox has helped us get streamlines

Reviewed 2019-12-12

We feel it has speed up our quotes and proofing and ability to track everything.

Pros
We love the ease of quoting, no longer needing to pull figures out of the air for prices. Our clients and team love the online proofing. Very easy to email quotes, proofs and invoices; as well as get payments quicker than we used too. Complete project management. Someone is always available if you have questions via Chat

Cons
Takes a while to customize and setup for your business. At first I felt like it would be nice just to have someone just manage the software and help train to use it so we could all get up to speed with it.

Response from TechVOX

Appreciate the review and so happy to see that you are enjoying and benefiting from the quote feature.

Simion Bingham

Shopvox

Reviewed 2018-11-17

I have been using using Signvox, and then ShopVOX, for over 4 years now and really like it. It is an easy to use, fast, comprehensive, and scaleable piece of software. Support, when required, is fast and reliable. The tech team are also continually improving the software with tweaks and new features. They obviously monitor the performance closely to ensure smooth running and good server speed.

Pros

Cons
finding enough time to explore all the features

Angelique Burns

Easy to work with

Reviewed 2018-12-10

Very smooth, easy to use. Very professional and courteous help you can email or use the chat and they will guide you thru either teaching you a new feature or helping to fix an error

Pros
It is constantly upgrading to stay up with the industry needs. If an upgrade makes thing less easy or conflicts with a function they will work with us to either change it or help us work with it.

Amazing Sign & Print Software

Reviewed 2018-10-03

Pros
Pros: -Start-up is easy -Constantly updating and improving software for ease of use. -Easy to navigate -Great customer service, never left hanging if an issue comes up -Great price for the product -Awesome integration applications -Reports are great too. -ShopVox University is a great learning tool for the software. I highly recommend using it.

Cons
Cons: -Would like to search 2 things at once without closing out the previous screen - perhaps I just haven't discovered if it can do this or not. -Changing product pricing can be slightly confusing & difficult at first