shopVOX Reviews

4.63/5 (164 reviews)

Pros
  • You can use as many or as little of the features as you want
  • It is an easy platform to adapt to and you can access it from any computer.
  • well thought out and coded.... still find a few bugs, but they have mostly been fixed.
  • It allows myself and my company to stay organized and produce products quickly and efficiently.
Cons
  • Sometimes it times out on Google Chrome, but other browsers seem to do fine.
  • I haven't run into anything specific that is negative even after using it for over 3 years.
  • I can't point out anything cause any issue I had as far as my memory was resolved withing minutes
  • Some email proof don't get to the customer. We are still getting used to it so...so far so good
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Shawn Smith

A no-brainer for increasing a shop's efficiencies and maximizing profitability! So good!

Reviewed 2018-05-18

Pros
shopVOX has increased our productivity, minimized mistakes, streamlined our quoting and invoicing processes and has greatly reduced our consumption of paper with keeping track of production on a large monitor in the shop. shopVOX has had a positive effect on our bottom line as well as maintained a lower accounts receivable. We could never go back to the days before implementing shopVOX into our business! Also, the customer service has been simply amazing!

Cons
No real issues...and of those that have arisen, shopVOX has been super responsive in resolving them.

Evelyn Paul

Great Software

Reviewed 2019-03-22

Shopvox is great

Pros
The fact that its cloud base and all my information can be accessed anywhere in the world. Most times my customers don't even know i am not at desk when I respond to them.

Cons

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the awesome review of shopVOX Evelyn. We love that you are taking advantage of the ability to work away from your desk. That certainly makes work more enjoyable!

Crystal McCawley

This software has changed our company and taken us in a complete 180 degree turn!

Reviewed 2018-06-14

This has sped up our entire turn around time and eliminated 75% of our mistakes we had before switching over (from paper order forms)

Pros
It is MADE for signs, graphics and etc. We never have to worry about if they understand what is going on, because each of them have worked in the industry. If we have an issue they will schedule an online/phone consultation and help walk us through everything.

Cons
Some times the software can be a bit laggy... Training on the software was a bit harder than expected because there really isn't a training manual. I still learn new things the software can do each month.

Stephanie Hansen

Shopvox is great!

Reviewed 2019-02-28

Pros
Love this program so much. We used to just hand type all of our numbers and really on track through Quickbooks and now with this software, we are able to not only track everything easier but also increase prices and target where we are losing. This has helped make us more profitable, accurate and organized in our day to day business.

Cons
The online portal tends to "think" a lot and on days when updates are made it makes it frustrating. But overall, not many complaints.

Response from TechVOX

We love knowing that you are more profitable, accurate and organized with shopVOX!! Thanks for the feedback Stephanie.

Scott Wallace

ShopVox Referral

Reviewed 2019-03-18

Our invoices are more streamlined, redundant tasks are minimized & customer feedback has been very positive.

Pros
It is an easy platform to adapt to and you can access it from any computer.

Cons

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for reviewing shopVOX Scott! We like knowing that you find shopVOX easy to adapt to. That is important! We will continue to enhance shopVOX and look forward to being there for you as your business grows.

Jonathan Doléans

We are a signage company, every day we manufacture signs for our customers.

Reviewed 2017-09-26

Time saving and accuracy of estimates.

Pros
This software is very complete, it allows to correctly estimate each work, to think about every detail, in a simple way.

Cons
The software is translated into French, but there are still a few words in English, For example, on the invoice model.

Response from TechVOX

Thank you for your review Jonathan. We do still have a ways to go for the French translation - but if there are missing words - please let our support team know - so they can get them fixed.

Casey Cotter

ShopVox helped us connect with our client and employees

Reviewed 2019-12-05

Pros
ShopVox helped us all be on the same page on a project by project basis. It has made us look much more professional to our clients. Especially when sending quotes and asking for project approvals. The reporting features are also a huge benefit.

Cons
ShopVox communication system is great, but adding more features and re-formatting how the information is displayed would be greatly appreciated. Adding "daily digests" for tasks. Having a 'Slack' or ' G Hangouts' style messenger that integrates with projects would be a great addition.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the great review Casey. So awesome that you are all able to be on the page for each project and that you appear more professional to clients. Huge benefits!! Also, thanks for the suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

Branden Engele

The Ultimate software for Sign & Print Shops

Reviewed 2018-09-27

Overall, it will speed up our business operations in terms of quoting and communicating with clients. It will create consistent pricing for products which does not exist for us to date. It will allow us better communications about in progress jobs. And finally, it will assist in company growth as less time will be spent with pen and paper opening up more time for client relations.

Pros
It simply has everything. You can use this software with very minimal setup. Or, you can go completely robust and set up your products, materials, and pricing to calculate and display the way you want. This aids in providing consistent pricing amongst your company, as well as fast, effective quoting with just the click of a few options. Also, never lose track of a project or sales lead. Every person in the company will know what is going on at all times with the job board. Communication is key, and this software does it all.

Cons
I don't have anything negative to say. If anything is missing or not functioning correctly, the shopVOX team does a great job listening to recommendations of its users and implements them as they can.

Casey Burke

Shopvox makes my job possible

Reviewed 2018-10-04

I am able to work hand in hand with a third party company and see the progress of my jobs from beginning to end, and this greatly improves the communication between our company and their production staff. The organization and workflow work great.

Pros
Shopvox is utilized by a third party production crew, separate from my company. The software allows me access to upload my jobs, see their progress, and have constant communication with the other company's production team. My job would not be possible without it.

Cons
Sometimes it times out on Google Chrome, but other browsers seem to do fine.

Mark Kasson

My experience with ShopVOX has been very positive. The customer support staff is very supportive.

Reviewed 2017-11-24

Increased efficiency, improved communication with both customers and staff. Our pricing is easier to do, and is more accurate. We are better able to control profits because our pricing more closely represents true costs.

Pros
ShopVOX is constantly evolving - - new improvements are introduced on a regular basis. The development team is responsive and as a result, the software is ever-improving.

Response from TechVOX

Thank you Mark for your comment. We greatly appreciate you!

Dawn Bent

ShopVox has been a key component in our sign companies increased productivity & profitability

Reviewed 2017-08-17

Pros
ShopVox allows all the staff, in real time, to monitor sales leads and orders, production workflow from design to delivery. Our client's are able to easily communicate with us through online portals. ShopVox has enabled us to have a cohesive efficiency where we used to get bogged down.

Cons
As with any software there is investment required to learn all of the capabilities. There are some "work arounds" we've implemented to make ShopVox more optimal for our company.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Dawn - just wanted to say thanks so much for your review. We're very glad that shopVOX has enabled better efficiency in your shop.

If you haven't already - definitely send the details of those "workarounds" to our team. It might be something we could address.

Thanks.
- Bryant from shopVOX

Kristina Joy

Reviewed 2019-01-04

shopVOX has allowed my whole team to be on the same page for jobs that need to be produced. It allows us all to see what needs to be done so we can get everything done on time and correct the first time. It keeps all of our info for customers and products offered in one spot so it is very simple to go back and look at a past job, or product.

Pros

Cons
I feel like there are a lot of wasted screens that we have to go through when starting a job for a customer, but I am sure that is just how my company has it set up.

Susan Sutherland

Review from the Sign Pad

Reviewed 2016-10-05

Hello, loving this product. The enhancements over SignVox are wonderful. Still working out bugs as we had SignVox streamlined well for our organization. Job board not quite as easy to use as SignVox, wish Task List just had a summary so more showed up on one screen, still some enhancements I'd like to see but know this ongoing. Your support staff is great... sometime I can stump them though. Glad we switched

Pros

Cons
Some of the ease of use features in SignVox don't seem so easy in ShopVox.... mostly the Job Board where we could change status/job easily

Mike Davis

Shopvox has made workflow and estimating much easier!

Reviewed 2018-02-26

Pros
Easy Estimating and Invoicing Integration into Quickbooks Workflow Management CRM Tools While Shopvox is not perfect is is by far the best cloud based management/estimating software i have found. I can manage my shop and do estimates from anywhere!

Cons
Quickbooks integration can be buggy If the service is down you cannot access your company file

Jason Brooks

Great POS software for any sign shop

Reviewed 2019-07-10

ShopVox has significant variables to plug-in for shop labor and materials. They also give us the ability to create custom catalogs for our clients needs. Other than a few minor issues with QB transfers, the software delivers.

Pros
Love the functionality and the ability to plug in multiple variables for shop time and materials into the pricing templates

Cons
There are no plug-ins for pricing Channel Letters other than an Outsourced product. Would be nice to be able to calculate pricing by variables when producing in-house.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the review and suggestions Jason!

Harlen Fleming

Amazingly easy to implement and use. Very happy with our choice.

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Pros
Almost thinks for you. Very intuitive in function. Crossover from our old system was very easy, and now running reports takes minutes, not hours. Everyone is very happy with the choice.

Cons
Occasionally it runs slow, when several people in the office are trying to access the same information.

Response from TechVOX

Harlen - thank you so much for your review and feedback. We really appreciate you and the rest of the team at Dr. Graphx.

In regards to the slowdown - I'd be happy to have our team investigate it further for you. If you can send me the details via email - I'll get them on that.

Dan Winchester

way better than paperwork and everything is at your fingertips

Reviewed 2017-08-17

organize work flow and team members are always up to date with projects.

Pros
organizing jobs, due dates, letting employees know who is doing what. the data base is so nice to have.

Cons
it takes a long time (almost 6 months) to get all the database info imputed into the system (thats working on it 2 or less hours a day) totally worth the time though.

Response from TechVOX

Hi Dan - thanks so much for the review. We're very grateful to have you and the team at Ready 2 Run as customers. And I know your past this point already - but we've got a few projects in the works to make the setup process easier.

Christine Gozza

ShopVox for sign shop

Reviewed 2018-09-27

I personally feel it is very powerful and comprehensive. Based on the feedback from others in our shop, I can conclude that it may not good be for people who aren't very computer literate.

Pros
the tracking features are superb. We know exactly when a client opened a quote, approved, viewed. Automated workflows are great.

Cons
several members in our shop have a hard time navigating - mostly the older crowd who are not very computer literate to begin with. Training should have been held after we had the back end all set up. Also, the training for the backend setup was a bit limited as far as categories & how they translate to reports, so our reporting is not quite right with product mixes.

Allison Moz

We started using Vox in the spring of 2017 and continue to learn new functions.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

I can review my teams progress on any job at any time. It's an amazing tool for organizing and planning.

Pros
We love the fundamental function: It's a centralized system that all employees can contribute to. It streamlines our process from CRM to Production to Invoicing.

Cons
There is no manual. It takes a long time to really dig in: ie/ Understanding how it works and learning how to make it work for us. It's a highly customizable program and unfortunately there isn't a manual so I spend a lot of time researching and trouble shooting. That said the customer service team is exceptional and is available via chat but I do find myself asking the same questions repeatedly.

Anita Elliott

ShopVOX for a growing business

Reviewed 2019-06-17

We are fairly new to shopVOX and are still tweaking the fine details. I feel once you get all your pricing and settings in place it saves you so much time

Pros
This software lets us track all of our sales leads, customers, jobs and their progress. I love that once you have built a sales order and completed it, its just one click to convert it to an invoice. It combines a few of our old systems into one program. I love how easy it is to recreate an old job, instead of starting from scratch.

Cons

Response from TechVOX

Appreciate your review Anita. Awesome that shopVOX allows you to combine several of your old systems into one.

Haley Putman

Excellent Cloud base Production Software

Reviewed 2017-11-09

Pros
Shopvox has been the most amazing and easy to use software that we have used for our production-based business. All employees were trained and using the software by lunch time. Very user friendly and if you need assistance with anything the customer service chat is very helpful and responsive. In a fast moving production facility you need a fast responsive team behind you and Shopvox is this Team!

Response from TechVOX

Hi Haley - thanks so much for your kind words.

Glad that your team picked up on shopVOX pretty quickly.

Since you guys have been using for awhile now - I would be interested in hearing your feedback on what else we can improve to make the software more valuable for you.

Helena Koop

Small Company Review

Reviewed 2018-08-21

We are definitely not using it to its full potential, but whenever we want to go to the next level of shop performance and efficiency it's available to us. I would say our experience is great!

Pros
You can use as many or as little of the features as you want

Cons
Sometimes when they are updating (which overall is a good thing) a feature disappears that we enjoy using

Anonymous

Shopvox is a fantastic software

Reviewed 2019-03-06

I’m generating daily quotes and invoices that help my clients see our craftsmanship and quality.

Pros
This software is efficient and reasonably priced. It creates clean lines for quotes invoices and procedures.

Cons
I wish the support spoke better English and they broke things down into layman’s terms instead of from an IT’s brain.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for your feedback!

Doug Pilon

Since upgrading to ShopVox, it has streamlined our processes and added confidence with the users.

Reviewed 2018-07-12

Pros
The features and functionality are awesome. We were able to reduce our working templates from 36 down to 10 that contain virtually everything we do. With drop down menus, required fields, hidden filters and formulas etc. you can totally customize this software to suit your shop. Our sales reps and customer service reps can now, quickly and confidently, produce quotes and sales orders knowing that the right information is in the job, at the right price. Have a problem? No problem, just "chat" with the support staff and they walk you through it right away. That's priceless!

Cons
It's not really fair to call this a "con" but it takes a great deal of work to customize this program before implementing it to your shop and staff. It took weeks to put everything together, building, testing, modifying, and retesting. BUT, that's all in the background and the end user doesn't see the complexity of it, they just end up with a very refined tool.

Shannon Parker

Spots Signs User Review

Reviewed 2019-01-16

We are able to keep track of orders through out our business with out chasing a paper trail or misplacing orders. Able to keep up to date info on hand on our business sales and orders.

Pros
The support and upgrades : We struggle with training our team but shopvox assists in this matter and allows newbies to take control of the platform and learn as they go.

Cons
The input of material and formulas : I find this confusing and we are yet to use this service as we struggle to work this feature.

Response from TechVOX

Thanks for the review Shannon!