SimpleCirc

Subscriber management for magazines and newspapers

SimpleCirc Reviews

Pros

The ease of use is wonderful. After working with a larger circ software program, this one seems like a dream.

Jacey F.

ASHLEY H.

ASHLEY H.

Lisa B.

Amy P.

Amy P.

4.9

Excellent Customer Service

Pros

The SimpleCirc team has been absolutely wonderful to work with. Top notch customer service. They're always there to help with questions and concerns and make you feel like they actually care and value your business. In a world where great customer service is far and few between, with many making you feel like just a number, we've been extremely impressed with SimpleCirc. The software has many great features such as address verification that will save you time. The navigation is very user friendly. It didn't take long at all to learn the new system and the SimpleCirc team was there every step of the way to make sure that things were going smoothly and we were happy before making the switch.

Cons

There are a few minor things that could be improved upon but I'm certain that they're likely to be updated if/when they're brought to the attention of the SimpleCirc team as they're always very receptive to suggestions. One thing, for example, would be that I'd like to see an option for sorting by user when pulling the cash sales reports. We're a unique niche publishing company that is happy to be...

Perfect Solution for the Job and Affordable!!!

Absolutely amazing! I have been able to cut my subscription management expense by more than 75%. The system allows for better management, insight, and control which has improved subscription renewal rates and overall customer satisfaction. Everything a publisher could ask for, the low cost is just icing on the cake.

Pros

The software handles all of our subscription database management and usage needs - including all delivery options and platforms including digital and combo subscriptions. The interfaces is quick and not bogged down by any fluff, and is extremely easy to use. Staff training took only minutes and they were able to efficiently access and use - and even remedy pre-existing problems. I can't rave enough about this program, it makes every other option out there seem inefficient and overpriced!

Cons

Could use some supporting how-to documentation however their customer services is so superior and quick it was not a problem at all.

SimpleCirc is a fabulous product

We were using woocommerce and Subscriptions plugin on our website. It was AWFUL - it took forever, you had to put people in in multiple places, the mailing list wouldn't pull correctly - just AWFUL. I found other software options but they either didn't do quite what I was looking for or they were insanely expensive. When I found SimpleCirc, it seemed like the perfect answer. Even with my frustrations with some of the limitations, it's still been a huge help and I really like it.

Pros

Its SO easy to manage our subscribers, our mailing list and handle renewals and new subscribers. That's really HUGE for us.

Cons

I run into places where I can't do something I need or want to do and that's frustrating. I can't set up postage based on the amount my buyer spends - which I need for back issues and books. I have trouble finding things because I don't know if they are in the overall settings or in the publication settings - a streamlined settings page would help with that. I can't change things I want to change - like editing the sub categories in a custom field. I have to have somebody else do that for me. I can't make global changes, which I would like to be able to do but it's not as important as the things I've mentioned first.

Big Fans!

Excellent. Game Changer.

Pros

how easily it makes renewals and address changes. In general how it manages our subscription list.

Cons

I'm not always clear on how features work or how they are intended to be used to grow my business. I don't know where to find documentation on how to implement and use the. If I ask I get the answers but documentation or videos on how to use them would be better. If you are taking the time to develop a feature you must see it as a value and we would like to do whatever we can to grow our business.

SimpleCirc for use as a newspaper subscriber system

Pros

The cloud-based SimpleCirc software really lived up to its name. For a group of small newspapers with limited circulation, it was just what the doctor ordered. Easy to learn and teach others to use, it doesn't have a bunch of options that you'll never use, and a number of options that you'll love to use. Plus, customer service has been excellent up to and including adding new features to make our experience with the system better. Check it out. Their try-it-before-you-buy-it period is an excellent way to get to know the system.

Cons

My only 'con' was the change in the way our previous circulation software tracked expiration by date, while SimpleCirc counts number of issues remaining. Once I wrapped my head around that, everything else was smooth sailing.

Finally!

Wonderful!

Pros

The ease of use is wonderful! After working with a larger circ software program, this one seems like a dream. And if I do have questions or issues, the guys are great with a quick response and usually a fix. They're also really responsive to adding functionality that isn't there yet but that I need. I wouldn't switch back.

Cons

I'd like to be able to have subscribers opt in to auto-renew subs. I'd like to offer both paypal and CC for payment options. I'd love to be able to sell print back issues with the use of a variable shipping costs table. However, even without these things, it's a win!

We are small publisher looking for an affordable cloud based product.

Pros

The fact that subscribers can manage their own account. It has saved us several hours per week of processing and re-entering orders in our server base system. It's very easy and simple to use and being cloud based we never have to worry about off-site backups. The customer support is wonderful

Cons

You have to have internet access in order to use the product and if your in a remote location it tends to lag a bit.

Security.Satisfaction.Sanity = SimpleCirc

We have shed the skin of an overly-complex, expensive data management software, with the help and support of SimpleCirc's accessible staff. They quite literally reply to my questions moments after I ask them, often with a return phone call and a conversation instead of a Q & A menu. The saying, "Garbage in, garbage out" is critically important to bear in mind in circ software. If the user experience is confusing or the management is complex, the exports and reports are doomed. It's a huge relief that SimpleCirc has made it their mission to make the front and back end virtually foolproof with no ambiguity to assure that what comes out is complete and accurate.

Pros

Developed by publishing professionals, SimpleCirc knows that keeping perfect track of subscriptions is essential to success. They know what functions are necessary and, as importantly, which are not so the data is clean and correct.

Cons

No reflection on it, but I hate even slight learning curves. I want the impossible, which is to hit the ground running. It has taken me a short amount of time to realize that the developers HAVE really thought of every possible publisher need and expectation.

The Bourbon Review

A great company with amazing customer service with outstanding pricing. They have gone out of their way to really help us get our subscription management under control and would highly recommend them to anyone needing subscription service help.

Pros

The price is more than reasonable and the customer service is top notch. The SimpleCirc team is amazing at implementing customizable processes and working with us to make our backend the smoothest as possible.

Cons

The UI can be hard to navigate at times and the report feature, though powerful, can be updated.

Easy and simple to use

Keeps track of the payments by subscriptions.

Pros

I like the way it can verify the address.

Cons

There is only stripe which is harder than square .

SimpleCirc

Easiest software to learn.

Pros

Very easy to use. Easy to teach. Easy steps.

Cons

No refunds in system. If I make a mistake on a credit card.

Makes list management easy

SimpleCirc allows management of active subscriptions simple while creating a stress free experience for customers. It also enables us to manage our renewals and expired subscriptions for both publications easily by printing email and direct mail lists for labels. The list management dilemma has been reduced to a few clicks. Thanks SimpleCirc!

Pros

This program is simple from a user perspective and enables customers to check the status of their subscriptions and renew online. It has cut the number of incoming calls to the office by half. We are no longer manually checking subscription status and taking address changes or renewals over the phone because of this customer interface.

Cons

The only draw back to the software is it requires a coder to customize the page. It is not required but in order to achieve some degree of aesthetics it is needed.

Simple Circ is easy to use

The support for Simple Circ was great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] worked through the weekend to get us up and running. When we realized that we needed some additional fields, he made that happen. My experience with Simple Circ has been great.

Pros

There are many things that are great about Simple Circ. It is user friendly. Easy to understand and easy to use. The price is right. The support when starting up was awesome. They helped with adding specific fields and making it work for what we needed. This is a great product to house subscriptions for home delivery or mailing lists.

Cons

If you have single copy or buy sale relations with 3rd parties, this software doesn't accommodate those types of things. If you need to house and manage small lists for mailing or subscriptions, this is a great tool.

Great product for publisher

Customer service has been ultra-responsive to our needs - customer service is top notch.

Pros

Ease of use - you can be up and running literally in 15 mins

Cons

Not really anything- our last fulfillment shop has an e-commerce store for us to sell one-off products like books that this doesn’t have, bit for what it is it’s pretty close to perfect.