SimpleConsign Reviews - Page 2

Great Software!

Great experience - the product and customer service is wonderful!

Pros

Very user friendly - visually clear, logical, and well organized. Customizeable - easy to adapt this system to our specific needs, run custom reports, use some features but not others etc.

Cons

Updates often seem to change layout or visual details that seem unnecessary - eg: fade effect on calendar setting, while there are other features we would love to see updates on to improve function eg: ability to discount multiple items at once, but not having to discount the entire sale. Or the ability to see trends of sales data on different time frequencies - monthly, yearly, etc instead of just "all time". However, some changes that we have wanted to see have been implemented, which is wonderful! eg: search function in brands feature. Is there a connection to QuickBooks?

Sara, Thanks for taking the time to respond. We appreciate you titling it "Great Software!" We do connect with the installed version of Quickbooks and we're working on an integration with the online version as well. Check with Tech Support about discounting items at the time of sale. Again, thanks for taking the time to give us a 10 out of 10!

Playback Sports

I feel like the staff over at Simple Consign are all part of my company, working for me and frankly are the highest functioning part of my business. I appreciate them everyday when I turn on the system and it buzzes to life having safely stored all of my data through the night.

Pros

Super user friendly and easy to onboard new employees. Love the consistent and seamless (mostly) updates. Also love the recent refreshed look and feel. Even though I don't often ask for special features its clear to me that the company overall has their pulse on what consignment stores need because new features consistently address issues or needs that we are having.

Cons

Sometimes there are printer challenges but it's less likely about the software than probably compatibility with operating systems.

Karlan, thanks for taking the time to give us a review. It does our heart good to hear you say you feel we're a part of your company. That's our ultimate goal...to partner with you in your business. The fact that you rated us a 10 out of 10 and gave us all 5 stars is just the icing on the cake! Thanks. About those printing issues...get those Support guys on the phone and make sure there isn't something they need to do!

Lifeline for the Learning Curve

Our small, local, family-focused shop has benefitted greatly by the structure SimpleConsign has added to our consignment record-keeping as well as the relative ease of shopper transactions. Our next dream is to own an affordabe all-in-one credit card swipe/chip system that is compatible with Traxia to thus delete our antiquated, quirky swipe-to -a-desktop-printer system for receipts....no one wants to bother with ink, paper, storage. Saving up for that investment....

Pros

Our techno media manager discovered Simple Consign at a crucial time in our new-to-owning-a-business saga. Purchasing a wonderful (but a bit unorganized) little mom-and-pop consignment shop meant adopting some "used" software and all of its wonderful little glitches ----just at the height of the season. SimpleConsign rolled over all past records, self-taught our employees, and eased our frustrations.

Cons

Our only negative in these early months of adjustment is really still a positive: SimpleConsign contains many more options than we currently need. But we hope to continue exploring all its options and implementing additional task as necessary.

Dawn, thank you for this amazing review! We appreciate the time you took and especially love that SimpleConsign "self-taught your employees, and eased your frustrations." It's wonderful to know your life has been made easier by choosing SimpleConsign. Check out our partners page https://www.simpleconsign.com/partners/credit-card-processing/ and chat with one of our integrated credit card processors. They may work you a deal! Thanks again!

Sweetpea's customer of SimpleConsign

I have been with SimpleConsign for over 5 years. I love that it is easy to use and has all the features necessary for me as a small business. Simple Consign gives me the tools that I need to be successful and to feel as thought I am a much larger business than I truly am. The support team is wonderful and they are always available to help with an issue big or small. I ran my store for 4.5 years without SimpleConsign and truly don't know how I did it.

Pros

SimpleConisgn allows me to track inventory, transactions and revenue. The wide availability of reports are so beneficial for me to be successful. These reports allow me to track sales daily, hourly, monthly and yearly with a few clicks. I am also able to track inventory sold by day and consignor.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. When I have had a issue I contact customer support and it is taken care of almost immediately.

Wow Kristine! Thank you for a fabulous review! We really appreciate you taking the time. We've enjoyed growing with Sweetpea's. Nothing better than 5 out of 5 stars and a 10 out of 10 recommendation! Thanks for letting us partner with you. We look forward to many more years working together.

My silent partner

It was easy to set up and it was an asset from day one.

Pros

I started my resale business with Simple Consign and I'm so thankful that I did. It tracks my inventory, is the center of my point of sale, and charts analytics and compiles financial report that are necessary for my day to day operation. The Simple Consign team has expanded the software to dovetail beautifully with Shopify to help me create a seamless integration between my bricks and mortar store...

Cons

Anything that could ne improved gets improved so nothing comes to mind.

Thank you for Maureen we're happy to be your silent partners!

SimpleConsign makes running our Park Avenue Marketplace smooth.

Saving Time! A business takes time to run properly and SimpleConsign saves TIME. I just filed my monthly sales tax report and it took 2 minutes to get the information off of SimpleConsign and nearly 40 minutes to file with the state. The State needs to take heed to what SimpleConsign is doing with their software. Our Consignors love the online access to their sales as well. Happy Consignors means happy business.

Pros

Record keeping by far is the big advantage to SimpleConsign. When the end of the pay period comes, it is a 5 minute process to run the payments. Simple Consign is always working on the system to improve the process and the latest change is more evidence of that. I have kept the Consignor records manually in the past and this system is worth every penny. Monthly reports make filings easy. And our Consignors love the online access to their sales

Cons

I can't find much about SimpleConsign that I don't like. We do not use all aspects of the software, but there is little that I do not like.

Thanks Lawrence for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We're so glad we've made it easier to manage Park Avenue Marketplace. The Ohio state motto of "With God all things are possible" obviously doesn't include speedy tax filings. Thanks for being on Team Traxia!

Simple Consign

Overall my experience has been very good.

Pros

Simple Consign is excellent software for businesses such as ours - where you have multiple vendors. It allows us to easily process a sale as well as look up history, etc. it pretty much allows us to do everything we need to in order to run our business. Great value for the money. Also, our vendors can see their sales online at any time. They love being able to do that. Tech support has been very helpful whenever I have had questions.

Cons

The reporting is not as flexible as I would like it to be. All fields should be available to select from for a custom report. Also it is not possible to change an item description after a sale has processed. Also, It is practically impossible to get a modification done.

Hey Tammy, thank you for your review! We are continually looking to expand our reports, if you would like to reach out and let us know more of what you're looking for in your reports we can make sure that if it's not possible, that we make it possible.

Consignment Art Gallery

SimpleConsign literally saves me at least 10 hours of bookkeeping each month. My artists love the Consignor Access which frees me from having to email statements, saving me additional clerical hours. I also like remote access, so I can see how my business is doing while I am off site. When I travel, I seek out businesses like my own, and have had several conversations with gallery owners, singing the praises of SimpleConsign.

Pros

Ease of access to information. I have 169 artist/consignors and being able to access their sales and inventory at any time is extremely useful. It took an incredible amount of time and work to enter all the inventory in my gallery, but I now know that I hover around having 11,000 items on hand.

Cons

As a consignment art gallery, entering duplicate inventory items (keeping the same SKU) for a particular artist requires having two consignment tabs open to verify the correct SKU. For example, I need to add five mugs for artist/consignor 103, I type "Mug" as the item, and the software will give me every single mug that I have in the gallery, not just those that belong to that artist/consignor. It...

Best System I've Used

I have been using SimpleConsign by Traxia for almost a year and I have been beyond impressed since my first initial contact with the company. The software does absolutely everything (and then some) that I need to smoothly run the technical aspect of my store from printing labels to inventory management to vendor management down to the POS system. It does so much stuff that I haven't even actually...

Cons

Thank you for your review Darcy! Your review went far above and beyond, and we can't thank you enough!

Easy to use software, not perfect for consignment shops that also buy used merchandise.

I've had a good experience, overall. The support staff is awesome and I never have to wait long to get a response and it's always taken care of immediately.

Pros

Ease of use. Even my senior employees can navigate the system. I like how easy it is to keep track of taxes, sales and consignment inventory.

Cons

I don't like how it keeps my purchased consignment items in the system after they sell. I understand that it is there for items that are new and re-ordered, but we purchase a lot of used items and I would like the system to show "sold" once those items are sold. I would also love a pop up alert when a consignor goes into "ingrace" status.

Jill, thanks so much for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We appreciate it. We're especially glad you feel the Support Staff is "awesome." Thanks also for your suggestions for store-owned items. We're always looking to improve. Our professional plan with Consignor Central lets consignors see whether their items are "in grace," "expired" or "sold." You might want to consider it. Thanks again.

Best solution we found - 3 years running

I can't imagine our business model operating efficiently without SimpleConsign.

Pros

SimpleConsign offers flexibility that we couldn't find in other packages we tested. I'm sure everyone who does consignment does things a little differently, and everything we dreamed up before we opened our doors SimpleConsign was able to do right out of the box. Being able to provide a web interface to our consignors has improved our service to them; allowing them to find stock levels, etc. without having to wait for a return call from us.

Cons

I wish there were more ecommerce functionality "out of the box" instead of having to develop our own.

Chris, thanks for leaving a review! It's fun to hear that SimpleConsign is your "dream" software. We're happy to hear your consignors enjoy their real-time consignor access as well. We want to remind you that SimpleConsign now integrates with Shopify, making online sales even easier. Chat with sales (sales@traxia.com) to get more information. Thanks again!

Simple for Consignment

Pros

One of my favorite features is that consignor's can access their accounts to view account balance, what items have sold, and what items are still active. The software is also fairly easy to understand and use once you have gotten accustomed to it. I thoroughly enjoy the option to edit inventory in bulk, as it makes it much easier when removing clothes from the system at the end of the season.

Cons

While it is easy to use, it's almost necessary to watch the training videos provided to understand exactly how the software works. One irksome issue I've stumbled upon, is that when entering the brand name, a drop down menu appears and on occasion the system has automatically chosen a pre-entered brand that is not the one I am trying to use at that time. When creating/printing reports you must be VERY specific about the information you are looking for, or it will not be correct. This is also frustrating at times.

Hi Connie. Thanks for leaving a review. We obviously have some work to do when it comes to providing you with Customer Support and Value for the Money! Please contact Support and have them set up custom reports for you so that you get the specific information you need. We hope, in the near future, to gain your confidence and trust to earn 5 stars on everything! Thanks again.

i LOVE Simple Consign!!

I have had a great experience with Simple Consign. Every time I have needed to get help hooking up a printer or had any questions about how to do something, I have always been met with the nicest, (and most patient) people! They never make me feel like I am asking for help with something I should be doing on my own, or that they would rather be doing something else. Simple Consign has a GREAT customer support team! And you can't that about all companies!

Pros

I tested out about 4 or 5 other POS systems before choosing Simple Consign, and the main feature I needed was having a set-up that would link my in-store inventory to my website. I needed a system that would easily allow me to keep my items in sync, and Simple Consign does it seamlessly! Plus after having looked at several other systems, I just liked the look and ease-of-use of the Simple Consign Back Office. Also, I LOVE that all of my info in in the cloud, so if I am away from the office, and need to know something, I can look at it on my phone! So cool!

Cons

Well, in the beginning, it was that it wasn't completely compatible with MAC computers, but they fixed that!! So..... Nothing!

Wow Carrie! Can you see us blushing? Thanks so much for the fabulous review! We're thrilled you are thrilled with SimpleConsign. We so appreciate you choosing us to partner with you!

#1 Software for Consignment Store

any time we have run into an issue or had a question the customer service/tech support has been outstanding. They stand behind thier product and listen to the needs of thier customers.

Pros

SimpleConsign rarely has any downtime or bugs. It works perfectly for our busy furniture consignment store. Although we are a Canadian company that pays monthly in US funds so it can be a pricy when the exchange rate isn't great, it is still worth it. We have recommended this software to others we know that also have consignment stores and will continue to recommend to our friends.

Cons

it is pricier than other software that we could have worked with but the quality has made it worth it.

Woo Hoo! Thanks Jordie! What a wonderful review. We really appreciate you taking the time. Traxia works hard at making sure our customers get their money's worth. Our goal is to give you all of the tools necessary to run your business as smoothly as possible. Thanks for naming us the "#1 Software for Consignment Store."

Good software for volunteers

Our experience overall has been great. The reports are easy to run and the few that we've had to develop have worked well. Even though we use an external credit card processor, the interface with the software is easy to use.

Pros

Our staff is completely volunteer, with the preponderance what is considered "elderly". (I don't think of them/us that way, but chronologically, it's true.) They have used Simple Consign for over a year, now, and have become completely comfortable with it. Most volunteer only one day a week, so the ease of use is paramount.

Cons

We have a monthly sale by color the last 4 days of the month we're open, and the color goes for a single price - there is no way in the software to automate this - it allows for only percentage discounts. With the confounding factors of age and infrequency of occurrence, this has really been our only problem that has not been fixed immediately with the support staff.

Bill, thanks for your great review! We really appreciate you taking time to let others know about SimpleConsign. Tech Support also looks at our reviews and keeps notes of customer requests. We love feedback from our wonderful users!

Look no further, this is the software you need for your consignment business!

After using a company for 10 years that claimed to be "The Resale Industry's Favorite Software System" I got wise and switched. I had been searching for a few years and finally came upon Simple Consign. If your just starting out, use this one! If you're wanting to switch, switch to this one - it's simple and I had over 6,000 consignors to switch over between 2 stores. After switching to this company...

Cons

Thank you for your review Nettie!

Met all our needs until it was time for online sales

I am quite satisfied with the product. I just wish they could make it easier to integrate with online sales products.

Pros

We are not your typical Consignment shop, but rather a collective of nine different Arts & Crafts Guild. Even so, Simple Consign was flexible enough to meet our needs . We have a lot of volunteers using the software and ran into few problems. Most users remarked how easy it was to use. Support is quite responsive. I really like how it is cloud-based so we don't have to worry and deployment or updates, and that I could work with it from my home. When we have sales, we have instant sales information.

Cons

I wish it had more global settings, like whether or not a new item gets created when the system doesn't recognize a SKU. The biggest issue for doing online sales with Shopify was that indicating a single item was available online required 4 separate mouse clicks, and that is per item. That was just too tedious. We are currently using WiX for online, but there is no integration. We would like some integration via API so that the two products could communicate.

Thank you for your review Jerik! While we currently have no plans to integrate with Wix, but we will update our customers if and when we decide to go that route.

trend + relic review

over all very good but the glitches above prevent it from being perfect for our needs

Pros

ease of use, vendor portal, inventory ability

Cons

missing features: the ability to archive a vendor who has left so they don't continue to show up on the Consignor tab. Features that would be more appropriate for a vendor/store relationship and not just consignment specific, the ability for the vendors to print their own price stickers without adding the consigner tab to the front office where they can see what everyone else has sold, there needs...

Technical support team is great!

I would recommend Traxia to anyone considering a new system for their consignment store: from setup to day-to-day operations, everything about it worked well for us.

Pros

It was easy to set up, and what questions I had were easily solved by working with the support team. The program is fairly intuitive and easy to navigate with common sense.

Cons

The boxes had too much white space in them, requiring a scroll down (extra step). For example, the new consignor field could be tightened up so that "Save and Close" don't require scrolling down. This came up in other screens, too. The monthly fee to marry with e-commerce sites is very high. However, Traxia operated very well with our link to Shopify.

Thank you for your review Julie, I will bring the white space issue to our dev team and have them look over where we could make some space.

We've used Traxia two years in a row for a one day swap that raises all the funds for our non-profit

Reliable easy to use system with great customer support. Will definitely use again.

Pros

Pros: Ease of use - with initial help from Simple Consign's team, the system is super easy to use. They also have good documentation. I have had questions about the reports, but again, all my questions were answered and the reporting functionality is exactly what we needed. Reliability - with our entire budget resting on a one-day sale, having a system that's reliable was crucial. Working with...

Cons

Cons: Wish it was easier to email people from the system. I'd like to be able to send an email prior to the swap to all the consignors in the system. This means exporting all the users and emailing from another system. Not as easy as it seems it should be. I'd also like to be able to send a system wide email giving people access to the consignment portal, but deciding whether or not I want to reset everyone's password. Currently it automatically resets. Seems like it could be more flexible here.

Easy to use tool for managing your consignment store - Best option after researching solutions

We use Simple Consign every day. It's easy to use and makes running a consignment store much easier than trying to keep track on spreadsheets. Other products didn't compare when we were researching a solution.

Pros

- Cloud based makes it easy to access - Easy to use and navigate in the software - Custom Reports are easy to create - Now offers Shopify plugin.

Cons

Could have more frequent updates and new additional features added regularly Printing plugin causes issues from time to time

Aaron, thanks for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We appreciate it! We're so glad you settled on us after researching other softwares. We're looking forward to a long future together.

User friendly system for our small business

Overall, we have been happy with this software. Neither I or my business partner are incredibly computer savvy, and this system has been fairly easy for us to navigate and utilize for our small business purposes.

Pros

This software is relatively user friendly and intuitive. It makes it easy to manage our various consignors and vendors and the real time access to sales is a huge bonus for our vendors.

Cons

There are a few navigational aspects that could use some improvement. We have permanent vendors and it is often difficult to swap the vendor ID for an item that has already sold, if there has been a clerical error. We have struggled with out check printing format and integration to Quickbooks.

Thank you for your review Terri, and for the many years of partnership. As always we are always looking to improve our side of things, and I have noted your concerns so we can discuss with our development team.

Consignment Software Made Easy

I’ve used Sinple Consign by Traxia for seven years and I love how easy it is to use, and how quickly new employees can learn the system. You can run basically an airport you would like, and the support staff will help you create reports. I also love how quickly the support staff replies.

Pros

Ease of use, custom reports and support. It’s extremely user-friendly, has tutorials for new staff members, and in seven years the system has only gone down twice for a couple minutes at a time . The are a small company, so support is usually immediate, even after hours if it is a high priority issue .

Cons

That it’s not 100% for consignment shops and there’s no pop up notification for expired accounts.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review Jill. We really appreciate it. We can't ask for more than a 10 out of 10 and 5 stars across the board. Thanks for being a vital part of Team Traxia!

A great organization

I resisted their services for several years because I was happy with the program I had. Then it crashed and I lost 44000 items. Luckily, I was BOR so I didn't have to deal with not knowing who owned what. I have loved every minute of their services. Every customer service call has been answered quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Great customer service. Great value. Backs up to the cloud.

Cons

I have chosen to use a separate credit card processor. I have seen facebook posts about other users not being able to process credit cards when Simple Consign is out-of-service for some reason. At least when I have to process sales manually, I can still accept credit/debit payments. I think that is an advantage. I also continued to use my manual cash reconciliation.

Thanks Susan. We appreciate you taking the time to give us such an amazing review! So glad you no longer "resisted" and decided to choose SimpleConsign. Thanks!

Time Saver

The best part of this company is their support. The staff is always friendly, patient and most importantly, available.

Pros

I used to have to take a picture of a dress, download it to my computer, upload it to our website, write down the description, item number and price. Then when the dress sold, I had to go in and manually remove it from my site. With SimpleConsign, it was just that-SIMPLE! I can use the app on my phone to scan the tag on the dress and take a picture. Everything would automatically go onto my website and then be removed once the tag was scanned for purchase. This saved tons of time and also assured us that anything on our website was still in the store when customers would call or come in to see the item.

Cons

It is not that I didn’t like aspects of the software, it is just that I was used to using my old software and change can always take some time to get used to. I wish I had started with Simple Consign when I first opened.