SmartAddresser

Mailing software for managing verification and sorting

visit website

SmartAddresser Reviews

Pros

It has all of the options I need to regularly process mailings with ease, and the customer service is fantastic.

RT

Rick T.

I like the fact that the programmers take user suggestions in order to improve functionality and the support staff is very experienced and helpful.

SK

Stuart K.

Wonderful, helpful, efficient, intelligent, English speaking, kind, resourceful.

vc

vicki c.

Cons

Some of the error messages are misleading or too technical. Hard for the average person to understand.

DG

Debbie G.

MD

Michael D.

SmartAddressor suffers from the same "follow my workflow" rigidness that every other postal processing software we've tried has.

CL

Chuck L.

4.6

...been a user when DataTech owned the license to this CASS & PAVE software. Always been a pleasure

It's made me good money and happy clients over the last 30 years.

Pros

....ease of use; very intuitive; fast and powerful, with a built-in Foxpro command center for building scripts to manipulate data. Excellent built-in database manger. And always had great technical support!

Cons

I have been using this software for 30 years and watched it grow to what it is today. I don't find much fault with it. I came from a DOS environment using presort software named Archlist by Group 1 this was pre-postnet barcode days. In 1995 when the US Postal Service required a postnet barcode for automation presort discounts, Group 1 couldn't get their act together. It was at this time I found Accuzip...

Ed - that is incredible to hear - I had no idea your history with us stretched that far back! Thank you for your loyalty through the years, your comments are warmly appreciated.

Great mailing software

Pros

I like that you use it's functions in a simple or complex way, depending on your needs. I never have any major issues. Small issues are fixed promptly and customer support is very knowledgeable and have been working there a long time. It does everything I need.

Cons

Some parts can be a little non-user-friendly though it is easy to use once you figure it out.

Thank you very much for your kind words, Evan. We are very happy to have you as a customer and always great for our support team to get such positive feedback for all the hard work they do.

It has been a challenge, the book does not train for less technical savvy users.

Don't have to hand sort by eye balling zip code very often.

Pros

Search, dupe, saved setting, find individual or group features. Can print on labels, envelopes or printers.

Cons

Frequent updates. Bad addresses that appear to be ok. Does not accept word wraps or if it does I am not technical savvy enough to figure it out with book. Can't delete templates simply.

Lisa: Thank you for your honest feedback. It sounds like we should do some one-on-one training to address a couple of your points. I will have our support team reach out to you, they will be more than happy to help out where possible. Kind Regards. Tony

Overall, very happy with the package and pricing, would like to see 48 month added soon

As mentioned before, we are very happy with the functionality of the software. We use it daily for our every day operations and would be lost without it.

Pros

Great package, accurate and easy to use. High value for the money. Have always been very happy with the technical support and the speed with which they fix our issues. Occasionally a little difficult to get someone though.

Cons

Would like to see a full license at 48 months as soon as possible. I currently have to send my over 18's to another vendor and incur a minimum. Also would like to see a list enhancement suite offered where we can easily get apartment append and DSF which again, I have to send out to an outside vendor and incur a minimum charge on each one I do.

Thank you very much for your feedback Tom, and you will be pleased to know that 48-month NCOA is on its way imminently. In fact, you will be the very first person we contact - we know you have been waiting for us to add this : ) Look out for an announcement shortly, Regards, Tony

Without the rapid and efficient customer service, it might be inline with other software products.

Pros

Overall, they have not changed the way that most of it functions which is quite helpful in getting updates. To have to virtually relearn a software package after major software updates is time consuming. For the most part, it does everything we need to do to process client lists for mailing purposes.

Cons

If I run a list through the NCOA link, it isn't always marked on the forms and then gets rejected by PostalOne when uploaded. I find the print queue to be tedious when changing information on the form when information should be retained for specific customers and a window offered to change if necessary.

Linda: Thank you so much for your feedback - our support team is indeed the best in the business! I will pass on your kind comments to them, they will appreciate your feedback. I will also pass on your NCOA issue to our dev team, who should be able to get to the bottom of that for you, Thanks also for your continued patronage! Regards, Tony

Been using this for for over 15 years. It does everything I need in mailing software.

I could not run my business without it.

Pros

Versatility. It performs many functions very well. Especially like the commands -- they add a lot of functionality. Customer service is SUPERB. They have helped with very esoteric requests that I needed for our customers. The Software stays up to date with current postal regulations very well. It's quick and it's thorough.

Cons

The fonts are small and hard to read when writing commands or looking up undeliverable addresses. Would like the type to be bigger -- especially as I age! It can be too finicky in determining whether an address is deliverable. It someone misspells "Ave" as "Av," the software kicks the address out as undeliverable. It should be more flexible.

Bob, Thank you for the wonderful feedback, it is very much appreciated. I will pass on your comments to our support and development teams. Kind Regards, Tony

smart soft is very user friendly and the support team is always there when you need them.

time is of the essence in this business and the quick steps while processing data and printing of reports and the knowledge you retain with the help of smart addresser staff is exactly needed in this business.....

Pros

User friendly, the steps used to prepare your data is very efficient and expedient ! FRIENDLY STAFF.... training with software team is easy to work with.

Cons

ok, so here is what I can say.....I don't have any least feelings about the software . updates are always on time and the staff of techs are very knowledgeable. so there isn't anything bad to say.

Dwayne: Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback. I will forward to our support team who will be thrilled to hear such enthusiasm for the work they do. Thank you too for your continued business with us - we appreciate it. Regards, Tony

Tried a different mailing software and came back to SmartAddresser5

Pros

1) It's user friendly and follows a sensible flow to producing a mailing. 2) Priced competitively - you get more for the same price as other similar softwares. 3) Sales reps are quick to respond, friendly and helpful. 4) Support knows the product and quickly responds with solutions. 5) Free Print Only version makes it easy to print your labels/envelopes from any computer

Cons

The Saved Settings portion of the Presort Window seems to be in an awkward place. I think it should be at the top of the left column rather than almost at the end of the right column.

Thank you so much for your kind words Rebecca - it is great to have you back : ) I will pass on your comment about the Saved Settings to our product team.

Offers comparable functions and plug-ins to competition. Excels at EDDM/simplified.

If you have a mailing background with other software this is easy to learn. Similar features. It has an excellent simplified address engine/database.

Pros

The EDDM/simplified functionality is exceptional. The scaled down interface is easy to use and puts the basic meat and potatoes of mailing right at your fingertips. Advanced users can alter reports and labels. Customer/Tech support is very good.

Cons

Sacrifices many advanced reporting, database, and format features. The support website is still being fleshed out. There are some tutorials but no user forums or online learning sessions/webinars. Pricing could be more competitive.

Thank you for your feedback Katrina, it is much appreciated! Within the next couple of weeks we will be launching a new Support portal for our customers, so look out for an email announcement soon.

Top-notch software with not too much overhead

It sure does sort our mail lists and keep us up to date with the constantly changing postal regulations.

Pros

Cost is a big consideration. We do like how much value we get for our money. Compared to other solutions, like BCC's Mail Manager.

Cons

add-ons can pile up and lead to some incompatibility issues across our processing solution architecture.

Mark: Thank you for your great feedback, and thank you of course for your continued support, Tony

Great customer service-very user friendly product

We could not operate as smoothly or complete our mailing restrictions and paperwork without it. We have been solicited by several other software companies, some which are less expensive, but our team prefers Smartaddresser.

Pros

Ease of use and how available their support team is when needed. We like the emailed updates and downloads instead of waiting for them to be mailed by the post office.

Cons

Maybe the restrictions to having the software on one computer, but we understand the reasoning behind that.

Shannon! Thank you for your feedback - we appreciate you too. We are very proud of our support team - the best in the business - and I will forward your comments to them. They always appreciate hearing from satisfied customers. Thank you too for your continued support, Regards, Tony

Smartaddresser 2020 is a common sense software that meets all the USPS sorting needs of my company.

Lower postal rates, list editing, list manipulation, data massaging and ease of use.

Pros

The software is not bloated with options I don't need. It doesn't force me into workflows which I like. I'm able to bring my data in, make edits and perform functions with its powerful foxpro engine. When I'm done editing the sorting is easy and the options are common sense.

Cons

The software gives errors when I try to sort and I have to close and reopen on almost every list I sort. This is annoying because we sort a lot of lists daily. I've never been able to work the issue out with support.

Michael - thank you for your great feedback, it is very much appreciated!

wonderful, helpful, efficient, intelligent, English speaking, kind, resourceful,

amazing, incredible customer service. The software stuff is great, but without people behind the scenes helping customers like me-it would be an epic fail. Maybe some people can figure all this computer lingo out on their own, but I honestly admit I am not one of them. I 100% rely on your customer service team and they have never let me down !!

Pros

At any time I can call and get amazing customer service. I do not get a computer prompt, I do not get rerouted a thousand time-I get genuine, helpful advice from intelligent individuals that are kind and professional. As you are probably aware, the mailroom is a very time sensitive department. I do not have time to sit on hold or wait for long periods of time to receive assistance-and that is what you have going for you. Your people are speedy and efficient. Please know that just my needs alone have earned them all a raise !! I would not be able to do my job as efficiently as I do, if it were not for your customer service dept. (primarily Greg)

Cons

any issues i have the support team is fantastic.

Pros

it is easy to use and understand. Support team is always there when needed and never have issues when submitting to the post office. Always error free in upload

Cons

Have continual problems with the drop shipment paperwork. Support team helps as best they can but the drop shipment background always disappears when printing it out. Was hoping a patch could resolve it but as of yet nothing.

Thank you for the great feedback, Marcy. I will pass on your comments to the support team, and forward your note about the paperwork to our dev team for review, We appreciate your business and look forward to many more years supporting your company.

Customer support is fantastic! They will even help walk you through a difficult situation.

It is an indispensable part of our comany because it is mandated by the USPS. It is the heart of our services.

Pros

Customer support. They are always available and ready to help. The way that they design their qualification reports is done very well. The continuous running total is very helpful.

Cons

Thank you Debbie! I'll pass on the kind words to our support team. They love to assist and get feedback. As for the error messages, we've recently created a new user guide for reference. Reach out to support and they will be happy to share it with you.

Best Solution for Us

Pros

The team at datatech has helped us to script out our processes and as a result, we've been able to process more campaigns faster than ever. The support team is fantastic and helped us solve every challenge that came up. Out of the box it worked great, but the value for us has increased dramatically as we've been able to customize the software around our workflow.

Cons

The updates are large and annoying to install. Overall not a big deal

Thank you for your kind words Stephen. I will pass on your compliment to our Support team - we are happy to help!

Smart soft

Pros

Customer support is unparalleled and report generation is easy.

Cons

It should include command structure for creating and implementing the basic scripts needed to customize the app

Thank you Robert, our support team will be thrilled to hear that you think so highly of them. They really do care about each and every customer, and pay detailed attention to each support request.

We find this software very useful

Pros

The software is pretty self explanatory, not too difficult. In our business this software is very beneficial in keeping our addresses.

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons but if I have to say something it would be that: the software costs money to use it and there are a lot of character spaces to fill in

Thank you for your kind words, Stephanie, and thank you for your continued support.

I've been using this software for many years, and it is very reliable and easy to use.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes the updates have had issues that cause errors in the presort. Also the updates are pretty large and take a long time to download.

Thank you Stuart - you feedback and continued patronage is very much appreciated!

Very helpful tech support

Pros

Tech support is always available when needed and always solves the issue. They always return my phone calls ASAP.

Cons

I don't like when I have a software glitch. However, this is usually corrected in the next update which is wonderful

Thank you so much Sandra - I will pass on your kind words to our tech support team - they do appreciate positive feedback for all their hard work.

It Has Served Us Well For Many Years

We have been users and customers for at least 10 years.

Pros

The support team is very responsive, personable and persistent. A real person talks to you is respectful and they do keep working with you until problems are fixed.

Cons

It can be difficult for users who are not comfortable with technology.

SmartAddresser 5 Review

SmartAddresser 5 allows me to process an large amounts of of data list in an efficient manner. After spending some months learning the software I quickly found an appreciation of the NCOA certifying feature as well as the presort tool. This product allows our organization to save money by handling the sorting process in house. We send a lot of campaigns first class so we benefit monthly from this software.

Pros

Overall quality and workflow of the software. Software definitely makes life easier by processing an mass amount of records in minutes!

Cons

The software could be a bit easier to use. Maybe even offering a short tutorial that highlights the main functionality of the software.

Thank you for the great feedback Jerome! Tony

Overall a very good experience

Pros

I like the ease of use. I don't use the technical support very often, but when I do they are always prompt and helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the Mail Tracker is slow to update and makes it difficult to track some mail jobs through the postal system.

Have used this software many years to maintain the quality of postal addresses in our database.

Pros

There are many pre-set selections, sorts, and edit options, or you can create your own. We can look up and correct individual addresses, or selections. If you need help building a command support can do it for you.

Cons

I would like a better way of tracking how many NCOA credits I have left. Since we are not a mail-house we only use this option twice a year, so the credit information disappears.

Thank you so much for the kind words, Sharon. We do appreciate your business and loyalty.

WHat I need most

Well, we find that because of smartaddressor we are seeing more bulk mail business which obviously saves the University money, which is really important to me.Customer support is very nice although you almost never get them when you call, you have to leave a message usually..

Pros

I do like that customer support is always willing to help and login to your computer to see if they can 'fix' the problem i am having.

Cons

I struggle because I have been here 13 years and never trained on it. The most difficult thing is to try to figure out how to create and save a good template. Also, to go through all the pre-made templates would take way too long to discover which one might work.

Thanks for the great feedback Mark. We provide training at no cost so I will have someone reach out to you to schedule some online time to work on template setup and any other questions you may have. Tony