Successware Logo

Business management software for the field service industry

Successware Reviews

Suggested alternatives

jobber
kickserv
service-fusion

I am a CPA working for a Plumbing/Heating company and like that the accounting package is very robust and secure. Having come from a QuickBooks environment this is far more advanced and professional.
Love the ability for the employees in the field and in the office to share and enter data.
Complicated, Difficult, UNuser-Friendly, Poor and Insufficient Training.
And the guilt I feel about not using everything it has to offer.
Not sure what the problem is. I am hardwired into the computer.

JM

Judi M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Try it you will love it!

Prior to Successware21 we were hybrid QuickBooks and paper. Very small company struggling to get it together. Successware21 made it possible to achieve the business success we risen to...could never have done it. CPA complains occasionally but he understands my joy is with the front end of the system....would never ever go back or to another software program. Aint broke not changing.

Pros

Almost intuitive software. Adore spell check! After 16 years using the historical data is amazing. Can find answers before clients even know how to ask. Have work history for years of reference. Can roll all the location history over to new owners of properties. Easy to edit and make changes.

Cons

I have to manually move jobs on the dispatch board job by job...I'd like to be able to highlight and move jobs not done for the day to next day so I don't lose them 'in the past' and wonder did we get that job done. Technicians have difficulty understanding the difference between a job number and a call number...but that's an education issue.

Judi, Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We love and appreciate our customers. We want to thank you for your continued business all these years!

DK

Devry K.

SuccessWare Fan

SuccessWare allows us to run all aspects of our business in one central location. It is the centralized mother ship of our company. It is so convenient to have everything in one place.

Pros

I really enjoy the enormity of the software program and that is all inclusive to every aspect of our industry.

Cons

I don't think there is anything that I personally don't like about SuccessWare. What I think some companies find is that due to the enormity of the program and the way that everything flows together if they don't stick with it or are not confident in their training it can be very easy to become frustrated. So the very thing that I love most about the program is also what I feel people find the most...

JF

JC F.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Plenty of data, just tricky to use

Overall the experience has been good. Given the other big names that are out there that do the same thing, we are still with SW21. What the other platforms offer in simplicity, they lack in hard data.

Pros

The options for accounting, data etc are almost limitless. There is a report or tool for just about anything. It offers deeper levels of data to ensure accuracy.

Cons

It sort of feels like working in DOS. The software itself has a high learning curve and can be hard to train new people on given its complexity. There are some QoL changes that would greatly increase the usability of the program, especially from the inventory management side of things.

DW

Debbie W.

SW Feedback

I implemented SW at my last place of employment and set up financials at my current position. I feel SW is very user friendly and is very helpful for inside staff and the field staff as well.

Pros

I like the accounting , call taking and ispatch features.

Cons

Running Reports to retrieve information. It may be a matter of training and taking the time to learn. I have attended the training class in Phoenix, but have not been able to implement other than a few items since I have returned.

VV

Vaibhav V.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Empowering Business Management Solution

Successware Software is a perfect solution for service-based businesses. Its very easy to use and provides powerful features like scheduling and dispatching capabilities, streamlined invoicing processes, powerful reporting and analytics tools, etc. I wholeheartedly recommend Successware Software to any service business looking to streamline operations, enhance customer service, and drive growth and profitability.

Pros

I have been using this software for my company's service-based business, and I can confidently say that it helps lots to manage my operations. The software allows me to effortlessly create and manage appointments, assign jobs to technicians, and track their progress in real-time.

Cons

I face some minor issues on Purchase Order and Exports Reports but it was quickly solved by the support team.

KC

Kyle C.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Powerful, but frustrating

Pros

It's robust and provides a complete package for our HVAC company.

Cons

Almost nothing is user friendly. Few things allow for automation.

DK

Dwayne K.

Needs Updates

Good at first but we have evolved - software has not.

Pros

All in one stop shop for accounting, dispatching, and call taking.

Cons

Aged - No major updates in 8 plus years. DE was more focused on their software vs ours. (Unify) Users need multiple other software programs to do what other competitors do in one - online reviews, Annie unplugged, Call Center, bank sync, SW Remote, etc.

GG

Gunnar G.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Successware 21 for service provider

Well rounded product. Just needs a face lift and nav improvements.

Pros

Multi functional. C all aspects of business from dispatch to accounting and payroll.

Cons

Navigation is not clear. A tab or drop down function would be mare familiar to most users. Never sure if I should use top and bottom nav or if the field is active.

EY

Elaine Y.

Successware opinions

I enter the accounting in Successware. It took me several months to learn and get caught up entering everything. I am still correcting all the errors of entering information incorrectly. We needed more training in the beginning. It is a very complex software.

Pros

It will let us do job costing and split out the financials by department

Cons

It is a very complicated software and took a long time to learn. There is no storage space to upload the invoices or backup so we have to get another storage to upload all documents entered. There are so many steps to all entries. I do a lot of accounting and our old system was so much easier and user friendly.

KB

Kevin B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

SW21

Pros

I like the integration with SW Remote and the ability of my field employees to have access to customer history.

Cons

The accounting is difficult to navigate and challenging to have an outside accounting agency use for reporting and taxes.

BC

Betty C.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Successware 21 Review

We switched to Successware remote a year or two ago and it has made dispatching and invoicing seamless.

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to train new employees. I have used this program for 14 years, it was fairly new to us when I started working for my company. The software has grown and changed for the better with each new release. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

There are a few little glitches here and there, with user support they are worked out quickly. Someone is always available on your support team to help.

Wow, Betty! Thank you for the glowing review. We appreciate it! We are continually working and evolving to give you superior customer service, support and a product that we can proudly stand behind. We wouldn't be in business this many years, if it weren't for the support of customers like you.

KP

Kim P.

Utilities, 1-10 employees

Essential Product

We have thousands of customers, there was a time were we had to keep paper records of every job. Now, the technicians have all the customers information at their fingertips, out in the field, right there on the job.

Pros

As of writing this review, they are implementing and migrating users to the Successware 2.0. It will be even more user friendly than previously. It will allow our technicians to present more to the customer and make more notes for the back office staff in a more timely and easier manner.

Cons

I would like to be able to merger our Excel version of our price book directly into Successware. I am not sure if that would be possible.

SP

Saurabh P.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Innovative Software for Business Management!

Successware software is a powerful and user-friendly solution for service business management. The software allows us to gain valuable insights of our financial performance and also helps us to make data-driven decisions.

Pros

Successware enables all the businesses to stay organized and deliver services in a timely manner. It offers businesses a powerful features to optimize their business management operations.

Cons

The software is very powerful with it's features that helps businesses to improve thier work process. We didn't face any problem with the software till now.

MA

Mitali A.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

All In One Software to Manage Your Sales Reports

Successware is the perfect solution you need to manage your firm and sales reports with most powerful features. The software offers features like Real Time Data Tracking and Billing & Invoicing to generate accurate reports. It will help you to analyse your reports and give an ideas to improve your business.

Pros

This tool is very easy to use and manage your reports through features provided by the software. It help us to manage our sales reports using Work Order Management, Maintenance Scheduling, Real Time Data and Billing & Invoicing features of the tool.

Cons

I was not facing any difficulties with the software till now.

JP

Jeremy P.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Needs to be updated to keep up with the rest of the industry.

Pros

Job board and visual dispatching. Moving calls.

Cons

To many different tabs when closing out. Old format was much better. Report function needs to show conversion % between different types of calls. Demand/Maintenance/Club members. SW21 Keys needs to be more user friendly.

JN

John N.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Success ware 21

Good software but not complete?

Pros

Better tracking and dispatching Better record keeping of maint contracts

Cons

Successware needs better reporting Don’t like having successware for office and another company in the field, causes issues

AH

Amy H.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Holland Heating Review

Wonderful. Customer Support is the greatest!

Pros

There has never been a question that you have not answered for us!

Cons

I wish there was a CRM that integrated :)

DT

Debbie T.

Outdated

This software is outdated and in desperate need of a total overhaul

Pros

There is nothing that is good about this software. We work around and make it work best we can.

Cons

The reports are difficult to create for the information that is needed.

RG

RAVEN G.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Easy to use.

Overall I really like SW21. I miss it more since our company switched.

Pros

easy to maneuver has its own accounting software fairly detailed

Cons

need more filters when it comes to accounting portion of software could use more report needs an updated look

BC

Bob C.

SuccessWare21 Review

Finding out what equipment was installed when customers want to replace their systems.

Pros

Service history of our customers so that technicians are better prepared.

Cons

Learning to use full potential of program

EH

Emily H.

GREAT PRODUCT

Pros

THE EASE OF USE. IT IS RELATIVELY QUICK TO LEARN TO DO ALL NECESSARY TASKS WITHIN THE PROGRAM.

Cons

IT DOESN'T HAVE CERTAIN FEATURE THAT NEWER PROGRAMS DO. IE. TEXTING CUSTOMERS WITHIN THE PROGRAM.

DM

Doug M.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Needs updated, needs trashed and redone

Pros

Financials built in, quality reports but not enough

Cons

Tech end is completely out dated, it is not easy to use. 15 years and there is plenty I don’t know

JK

Jhanvi K.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Highly Efficient Business Management Software

Successware is a highly efficient and customizable business management software that offers wide range of features to make it an ideal solution for businesses looking to improve their business performance.

Pros

It's a comprehensive business management software that offers a suite of features like Mobile Access, Job Scheduling, Real Time Data, Work Order Management, Maintenance Scheduling and Billing & Invoicing that help businesses streamline their operations.

Cons

After using this software I can say that their is no any issues that affect the business to their work.

KB

Kim B.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Support staff is exceptional

The dispatch board is easy to use and the accounting/bookkeeping has been easy to learn. Reports are a little muddy and could be more streamlined.

Pros

The support staff has been very helpful and professional.

Cons

Seems antiquated in many ways especially reports.

JB

John B.

Product Review

Not that impressed.

Pros

Price, reporting.

Cons

The person who set us up did not do a good job teaching it. Not that easy to use.