TeamSnap Reviews

TeamSnap

Sports team, club & league management software & apps

TeamSnap

Great to keep updated!

We have been using it for two years since my kid started soccer and it's just really great overall.

Pros

We have a soccer complex that tends to flood.... this app is able to alert every player and parent to last-minute changes in scheduling or locations. You can also follow allow with the live game if you're unable to attend.

Cons

Nothing. This seems to work great for our team. And now I'm just going to say try it out because I have to fit the word minimum and I have no cons about this app! :)

TeamSnap for T-ball

This software was perfect for keeping the T-ball team up to date on the games and practice schedule.

Pros

I used this software for my son's T-ball team. It was great to keep in touch with the team parents and update on games.

Cons

This was a great software to keep organized during the T-Ball season. The only negative part of this software it the notifications were not easy to keep track of new messages. It does notify you but the notification goes away and you have to go into the app to view.

We use this to manage our traveling soccer team.

The cost of this product is great for the amount of information you can quickly manage your team.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly, helps manage and coordinate with my players and parents all in one app.

Cons

This software gives you the opportunity to manage multiple teams but the ability to see all teams at one time is an additional cost to the base.

Awesome product for keeping sports teams organized and in the loop!

All you need to do is designate a "Team Mom" to maintain the account and all your worries as a coach are gone.

Pros

Everything is organized from practice, to games and tournaments. The best product out there for teams to stay organized throughout the season.

Cons

There is not a single thing that I dislike about TeamSnap!

Winner

Pros

Great product for teams and families; Love the ability to export dates into iphone calendar; Ability to communicate through texts, emails, or alerts to groups or individuals.

Cons

Would like to be able to share a location or event through text outside of software; Would like to see an overall calendar view.

Does the job!

It's been positive and I wish my kids' other coaches would use the same app so everything was in one place!

Pros

Pretty easy to use for our entire soccer team. Our Coach chose it after switching from another app. It has messaging where you can message the whole team or individuals. The coach puts in all events and has links to locations, etc. which makes it easy to just click and open it in your navigation. Has a team roster and the coach can add stats. Everyone can add photos. We use the free version I am pretty sure but there is a paid version that is Ad free.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any. The ads are annoying of course, but I get it. They gotta make money somehow! You can buy a paid version without ads.

Great APP for all sports teams

This free APP is perfect for all team sports. It gives up to date information on practices and games . It also lets you communicate with the coach for games and practice status.

Pros

The ease of use. Its super easy to download.

Cons

When I downloaded the app, it brought me to our former soccer team, not our current one.

Great product for Baseball

TeamSnap provided a great experience since it removed the need for a group text messages which can get messy if parents have different phones (IOS/Android). This way everything is in one spot and parent can update the availability which greatly reduced the need to reach out to the parents.

Pros

I love how parents can update their child's availability and how you can send parents messages without having to keep a group chat via text messages

Cons

I wish there was a one time fee instead of a monthly payment. The monthly fee is very small however it would be nice to have the option of an annual fee. The fee is to remove the ads from the app.

TeamSnap Love

Using for team sports use and love for our youth volleyball league.

Pros

Easy to set up Group Chats & Team Notifications. Also has a feature for adding other team family members allowing for text or email notifications.

Cons

Would like to see a feature letting you know if members are not receiving messages (bad number or invalid emails).

Thanks for the review! We do let you know in most cases if the email is bad or there is some other email error.

Great for organizing a team (which is never easy)

Good team organization, keeps players accountable.

Pros

My hockey team uses TeamSnap to track availability each week. It's better than the alternative which was to send an email to 15 guys and watch as everyone hit's reply all. There are additional features such as assignments (ex. who brings the beer) but we don't really use that.

Cons

I don't know if this is the app or my team manager but we tend to get a lot of emails asking me to confirm my availability. Once I select "Yes I'll be there" I don't want to get more emails about it. But this could be my manager selecting some option for that.

Great Communication Product

Pros

Our local mountain biking team uses this to communicate with parents. I has been so great to know exactly what it going on and when.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like I get to many reminders...

Convenient Tool for large groups

It’s been a good app that has allowed me to be connected to others in the organization and also parents and students who are members of our organization. Every week they are automatically reminded of rehearsals. Everyone gets the emails and text notifications promptly. Also for instance this week, we sent out notice cancelling our rehearsal in view of Covid-19. Didn’t have to send individual emails, just had to update on Teamsnap.

Pros

It allows for repetitive messages to be sent to a large group. It’s convenient to send an urgent message or reminder or direction to a large group of persons all via email and text messages.

Cons

The price is quite high for the facility. Many groups are using this app especially sports groups, the yearly membership should be reduced.

A good way to post schedules and keep everybody informed

Pros

For our travel ball team, we wanted a way for everybody to be able to easily see what is going on, where it is happening, and when exactly said events were taking place. We found it pretty straightforward being able to upload schedules, enter them manually, or perform other day to day operations. It also looks a lot better than me just writing it and posting a picture, and parents see it as a professional tool and definitely feel they are getting their money's worth.

Cons

It could be a little more user friendly in certain areas. When having to add some events manually, it would take me a very, very long time to get all of my information in.

Appreciate the feedback. We would love to hear more on how we could make the scheduling area easier. If you haven't already, please drop our support team a line with your specifics at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/

Team Snap

Overall I like Team Snap. The entire team in one place, easy to coordinate practices, games, snack schedules as well as notify one another of any updates.

Pros

I like that I can send my schedule to my calendar. Can send emails, messages to multiple people within the group.

Cons

There isn't an option to refresh, I have to exit the app and restart it.

Very Complicated

Pros

This software seems to have most/all of the bells and whistles, but it's very complicated to use. If you're running a big organization or league, then it probably makes sense, but if you're just a team it's definitely overkill. We use about 10% of the features.

Cons

Customer support is mediocre. The help files seem to frequently be related to a previous version of the product or for some other reason I'm frequently unable to make it do what the help files say it should. Really the software is just WAY to complicated to use, I think given all the features if they did some usability design, they could make a really wonderful product, but the current interface...

Sorry you found the product confusing. We pride ourselves on ease of use. We would love to hear any places that you found confusing so we can work on them. Ken General Manager

Coordinating events, games, practices with several people on a team is a snap!

Pros

The ability to send out mass communication to several different team members is huge. The ability to track scores for games and stats is a bonus as well.

Cons

Team Snap makes managing all my children's activities so much more manageable.

Pros

I love that the schedule connects to my icalander. Changes update automatically. No more digging through dozens of emails. Everything is in one place!

Cons

I can't think of anything. I love TeamSnap! Everything works smoothly with my iPhone but Other phones seems to have troubles with photo features

Team updates

Pros

Ease of app and document loading - updates pics etc

Cons

Sometimes the desktop app is the only way to add

We love Team Snap!

Pros

It is easy to use, very intuitive, and extremely helpful. We love that it syncs calendars and makes communication easy among a team.

Avoid

Terrible. Customer support is useless and condescending

Pros

After using TeamSnap for years, I upgraded to the organizational TeamSnap and purchased the Tournament Application. The package came with a hefty price tag of over eight hundred dollars. What I was unaware of is it took hours of tutorials to learn how to operate the organization TeamSnap functionality. This, too, after I had already used the very simple TeamSnap for individual teams for years. That's...

Cons

Not enough bracket templates. They created a tournament application that does not have basic needs for tournament organizers

Can't imagine managing teams with anything else

I've been using TeamSnap for a variety of teams for more than five years. As a league registrar for Little League and Youth Soccer, team manager and coach in those sports plus youth basketball High School Golf and Soccer teams I've used lots of league management software solutions. I've used CountMeIn, ngin, Korrio, League Athletics, Sports Affinity, Bonzi plus a few more. Each has their strengths...

Best Sports App

Pros

Scheduling for the league is super easy. Can message the entire league with a click of the button. Can send Alerts right to participants phones for any last minute changes.

Cons

Sometimes need to force quit the app to refresh the schedule.

Great tool to keep track of team attendance!

Pros

The ability to track past and future attendance at team events is really excellent but the best feature is the fact the system sends automated reminders to team members on upcoming events which save me time. This function alone makes it worth getting.

Cons

Sometimes the application doesn't load quickly or sometimes freezes which makes it frustrating. And on occasion, switching between the schedule and roster tabs does the same thing.

Best Sports Team App

Pros

The ease when using this app is by far the best part. Can see all the different team schedules I play on whether its Hockey or Soccer. Super clean and neat. Love it

Cons

The only issue I have with this app is when you create a league, the app doesn't show you the league schedule only individual teams.

Drop us a line and we can talk about options for the league scheduling issue you mentioned. We probably can help you with that.

Great Team App

Pros

Love the ability to have the schedule as well as the ability for team members to opt in or out of the games. It also allows you to keep live score updates during games

Cons

only downside is that it is not that customize-able