Unit Trac Reviews

4.78/5 (55 reviews)
Pros
  • The ease of use, easy to learn, not complicated
  • Easy to use Customer Service liked with stripe
  • Easy to use Quick accounting process Customer friendly
  • How easy it is to use! Would 100% recommend this for anyone.
Cons
  • The ease of use. It does everything for you.
  • Some customers have had issues using the portal.
  • Would like to see more report options for analysis.
  • Not much at all. A few minor changes and Unit Trac will be Superb.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
COLLEEN ROTH-HORNUNG

So Glad I Chose Unit Trac!

Reviewed 2017-09-19

Customer service is absolutely the best! This software features everything I need to efficiently run my units. The price can't be beat. I'm very happy with this software!

Pros
Customer support is second to none! I get a real person on the phone or by email each and every time I have a question. One of them is always patient and has an answer for me.

Cons
There are a few small features that would be nice and I understand they are being created right now. Nothing major as this software is fully functional as it is! One thing that would be great is to be able to combine invoices. I have customers with multiple units and would be nice to have those invoices on one page rather than individual.

Response from Unit Trac

Thank you for the positive review Colleen! We're glad that you chose Unit Trac too. It's our pleasure to work with you. We appreciate your feedback on invoicing - our team is working continually to make Unit Trac even better.

Hadi Feltham

Easy and affordable!

Reviewed 2017-04-25

Unit Trac is a fast and easy way to run your storage facility allowing more time for what you want to do. The ease of setting up accounts and the speed of processing makes Unit Trac the best software I have tried. Taking credit card payments has never been easier and with automatic monthly processing for the accounts that need it make it easy for your customers.

Pros
Easy to use Quick accounting process Customer friendly

Response from Unit Trac

Thank you for providing the review Hadi! We are glad that Unit Trac allows you to be more efficient and focus on what you need to do.

Elizabeth Firestone

Unit Trac review

Reviewed 2019-05-25

Great

Pros
The ease of use, easy to learn, not complicated

Cons
Need more flexibility for niche businesses. We are an RV storage facility and need better website options to accommodate our message

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the review Elizabeth! We appreciate your honest feedback - please keep the suggestions coming and our team will work to make the updates.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Samuel Lanning

Lincolnville Storage Review

Reviewed 2018-12-19

Being able to track move in/out rates, and keeping my website up to date is the best!

Pros
Easy to use Customer Service liked with stripe

Cons
I cant send mass emails to all customers would like to see a link for pay pal

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the positive review Sam! We have some updates under development that will allow for easier communications with your customers.

Jeremy Craft

Great Service & Software

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-05-26

great experience from customer support even 'after hours' to ease of using this software. Customer support even set up my facility map for me!

Pros
Ease of using the software. Allows me to keep all of my records accurate, organized, & up to date.

Cons
Would like to see more report options for analysis.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the feedback Jeremy! We will pass this along to our developers. We love helping our clients - from setting up the facility map to helping anytime - we are here to help. You're off to a great start and the website looks great too!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Alvina Hughes

Convenient on-line access.

Reviewed 2017-09-29

You can access information from the office or the field.

Pros
Program was easy to install and use. This program has an excellent Support team. Support is easy to access and prompt with responses.

Cons
I would like to see a little more ability to personalise reports and screen views. The Leases list by unit number and the customer list appears alphabetically by first name. There should be a way for each user to pick what works best for them.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for your feedback Alvina! It's our pleasure to work with you. Our service team will follow-up to get more input on the personalized reports and screen views that you are looking for. We are continually working to make Unit Trac better for everyone and your feedback is important to us.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Joe Roberts

Simple Set-Up

Reviewed 2019-05-21

I appreciate the patience that the Unit Trac team showed since I’m a new storage owner. They know the industry and it shows. The software is simple to use and the online rentals make it easy to do business with new customers.

Pros
The Unit Trac team was great! They helped me set-up the site map, uploaded customer info, create the eLease and helped with our website. Everything was ready to go the moment we closed on the facility!

Cons
None - the software will make running the facility easy. It has what I need.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks Joe! You're off to a great start. It's exciting to work with clients who are new to the self storage industry and we are glad that you selected Unit Trac to ensure that your new facility is operating efficiently.

Anthony Krahn

Extremely easy, straight forward to use. The customer service is second to none!

Reviewed 2017-05-03

Managing my storage facility to the utmost, extremely time effective.

Pros
Ridiculously easy to use, straight forward navigation, awesome support staff. Automatic credit card payments.

Response from Unit Trac

Thank you for the positive review Anthony! Unit Trac was built to be straightforward and we are delighted that you feel the same. It's our pleasure to work with you.

Anne Briere

Unit Trac is great!

Reviewed 2019-05-26

A+

Pros
It is simple and easy to use. I went from manual tracking in an Excel spreadsheet to using Unit Tracs’s online software. It’s affordable and simple to use.

Cons
Absolutely nothing . They are easy to use, responsive and affordable.

Response from Unit Trac

Thank you for the positive review Anne! Glad that Unit Trac has made it easier to manage your business.

René françois MENNECIER

my new storage management companion

Reviewed 2019-02-10

I was able to easily migrate from my current system to this tool. I was using 3 excel files, and files folders. I have now only one single tool where everything is. Great support team reactive and really friendly.

Pros
interractive maps showing easilly where are located the non paid rent interractive map showing the free spaces self service map udaptes and creations great support team !

Cons
you can't create by yourself additionnal repporting. You need to ask support to make them.

Response from Unit Trac

Thank you for the feedback René François! We have some updates coming to the reporting that I'm confident will be the solution that you need. Grateful that you now have all of your information in a single tool...managing will be much easier now.

Diana Knowles

Unit Trac has changed my business for the better.

Reviewed 2017-04-25

I couldn't be happier with the unit trac software and the customer service is phenomenal! Customer support representative walked me through it with patience and had me up and running in no time. I used to dread the time consuming process of recording payments and now with Unit Trac, so much time is saved. From batch payment recording to the customer portal feature, tedious time at my computer is minimal compared to what it was. Payments that customers make online are automatically updated in my Unit Trac account. Outstanding leases show up upon log in and have helped me keep track and get paid! The site map is another of my favorite features. Since Unit Trac is web based, I can access a map of available units from anywhere. A couple of clicks on my smart phone and I'm conveniently in my site map. I just can't say enough about Unit Trac and wouldn't want to run my business without it!

Response from Unit Trac

Thank you for your kind words Diana! We are glad that you selected Unit Trac to help you manage your facilities and look forward to continuing to work with you.

Ann Herrmann

Great Software!

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Pros
I love the ease of use, the details you have access to, and the support is fast and accessible!

Cons
Some of the accounting detail I would love isn't available - yet. Unit Trac has made several improvements already in the time we have been using the system.

Response from Unit Trac

We appreciate your review Ann! The accounting updates that you are looking for are under development and we appreciate your suggestions to make Unit Trac better. Stay tuned - more coming soon.

Ronald Keck

Unit Trac has been a lifesaver

Reviewed 2017-09-19

As a new owner, unit Trac allowed me to create invoices, keep track of all current and delinquents units, and allow me to create my own web page so customers see pricing and availability.

Pros
The software is extremely easy to use and customer support has been excellent. I have always spoke with customer service when I call customer support and she has been awesome to deal with. I wish I had employees like her.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks Ron! We think that you are off to a great start in the self storage industry. We truly enjoy helping our clients and glad that you selected Unit Trac to help you manage your new business. Excited to watch it grow!

Gina Reese

Excellent time saver for us! And very convenient for our customers.

Reviewed 2017-08-15

Simplifies operations, emproves cash flow, eases inventory management. Incredible time saver!

Pros
Easy invoicing. Recurring payments. Improves cash flow. Customer portal very convenient for our customers. Web interfaces give us a seriously professional and functional website

Cons
So far, we really haven't found anything we don't like about it. Really looking forward to expense accounting functionality.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the positive feedback Gina! Unit Trac was built to be a time saver and glad that you've put the functionality to use to make it easy for customers to do business with Little Kingdom Storage.

Adelene Martel

Awesome product

Reviewed 2018-02-08

Pros
Very intuitive and easy to use. Doesn't take lessons to be able to use. Information is very organized and can be accessed from different avenues. Super easy to set up. There are lots of options available to trailer to my businesses needs. Customer service is excellent: timely and friendly. Price is fair and is dependent on number of units so I can start out small using this program and grow as I'm able.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for kind words and positive review Adelene! It's our pleasure to work with you. Glad that you are off to a great start.

Gary Droessler

Simple, affordable software for Mini Storage

Reviewed 2017-03-02

From the "cold sales call" to the online activation of the program and website, it was a "breeze". The support was second to none and the program is relatively easy to learn and navigate. I especially appreciated their concern with my concerns, and their willingness to modify, on their end, were possible. I've been looking for just such a program for several years and found that most where geared to "very large" facilities. Where Unit Trac can handle "very large" requirements I felt it was a good fit for me, a smaller storage facility owner. I'm very pleased with the overall experience with an emphasis on the one-on-one "real person" help when needed. The programs functionality, ongoing help when needed and the included web site just added to my appreciation of this program. I would recommend this program to anyone.

Response from Unit Trac

Thank you for providing the review! It's been our pleasure working with you.

Rene Neff

Satisfied

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Unit Trac has allowed multiple owners access to collection records. This is a time and communication saving tool.

Pros
I like that Home screen show a summary of poor standing leases, availability and a breakdown of current leases.

Cons
I have not figured out how to use the software to create and access documents (lease and collection letter) to manage the business paperless.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the review Rene! Our team will reach out and get your eLease set-up. You and your customers will enjoy how easy it is to go paperless.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Richard Reid

I've looked high and low. Finally, I have found a web based solution.

Reviewed 2017-05-02

Pros
I like being able to access tenant info from my phone and being able to update on the go. When someone calls, I can tell them which unit is available immediately.

Cons
I don't want the tenants to see all of the past charges. Only show previous month or two. I don't want to remind them of the money they are spending.

Response from Unit Trac

We are happy that you found and selected Unit Trac Richard! Your input on reducing the payment history is an update that will be made soon. Future improvements are in process.

Jason Ronning

A++++ As a new storage facility owner, this made it easier to become organized and set up!

Reviewed 2017-09-20

Pros
The site plan! It makes getting customers set up and in place a breeze! The reservations for our arena storage are no longer a guess!

Cons
Billing the customers. It is a little hard to figure out, and I keep double billing people! Probably an easy fix on my end though!

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the positive review Jason. Unit Trac was built to take the guesswork out of managing a facility. One of our client service team members will reach out to help you with the billing troubles - we're sure its an easy fix.

Brenda Proudman

Solved all my worries!

Reviewed 2018-11-05

It has allowed me to keep trac of 37 units with ease. I thought I was going to have to try and set up some sort of spreadsheet u til I found this program.

Pros
I was worried about keeping track of 37 units but the Unit Trac programme solved all my problems. This program is terrific!

Cons
The ease of use. It does everything for you.

Response from Unit Trac

Thank you for the positive review Brenda! We are happy that you selected Unit Trac and to help you easily manage Crookwell Self Storage. Your feedback is appreciated.

Matthew Sloan

A+ Unittrac

Reviewed 2018-12-29

One stop software for all your storage units tracking.

Pros
The consumer support is well above par. Our rep is always there to answer any questions and help. You are not calling a call center, you get the same person who knows you.

Cons
Some customers have had issues using the portal.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the positive review Matt! We enjoy working with you and supporting 411 Self Storage. It's also neat to see the Christmas tree business as a part of what you offer.

Lydia Loveless

Amazing!

Reviewed 2019-01-06

Wonderful, I am so happy to this program!

Pros
How easy it is to use! Would 100% recommend this for anyone.

Cons
Nothing. Its easy to use, easy to learn and any time i need help I have received a reply within hours of needing it.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks Lydia! We appreciate your feedback and glad that we had the opportunity to meet you at the self storage conference. Let us know anytime that you have a question. We are happy to help!

Paul Silvis

Absolute Necessity of Tracking your Business!!

Reviewed 2019-05-21

My experience with Unit Trac has been most pleasurable.

Pros
Easy functionality and and systematic approach to a CRM program.

Cons
Not much at all. A few minor changes and Unit Trac will be Superb.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the positive review Paul! We are excited for the upcoming updates and know that Elite RV will enjoy the improved functionality. We are grateful that you chose Unit Trac to help you manage Elite RV.

Jon Keller

Product Reviews

Reviewed 2019-05-21

Our personnel has seen a significant time savings with tracking customers as well as have the credit card information saved internally and automatically processing transactions on a monthly basis. The main personnel will save about 8-10 hours per month with the change to Unit Trac.

Pros
Ease of use; very user friendly; very simple to navigate through the software/website

Cons
Nothing noted so far, but it seems as though any issues were taken care of immediately from customer support

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the positive review Jon! Unit Trac was built for efficiency and we are know that the staff will appreciate the ability to focus on other responsibilities rather than processing the billing. Thanks for choosing Unit Trac to help you easily mange the storage and parking.

Duane & Alice SILER

So grateful for this program!

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-12-28

We have an outside storage facility and I was having a hard time keeping track of billing. It is a snap now! I keep all the client information along with the billing. That makes it easy to look up information.

Pros
1. My service tech set it all up for me. She was always quick to call back when I had a questions, too 2. It is inexpensive 3. It is easy to work with.

Cons
I don't use it often so even though it is easy I almost have to relearn it when I do billings.

Response from Unit Trac

Thanks for the positive review Alice! Our team is happy to work with you and we are so glad that it is a snap to manage your business now. That's exactly was Unit Trac was designed to do.