DaySmart Vet Logo

Cloud-Based Practice Management Software

DaySmart Vet Reviews - Page 3

JW

Jen W.

Amazing software all the way around...

My practice would not even exist if it weren't for Vetter software. Truly, without it, I could not have realized my dream of founding a professional AND very personal house call practice. I knew, as a small start-up house call practice, that I could not afford the "traditional" softwares that I've used at various clinics. But trying to figure out how to assemble templates, how to invoice, generate...

KK

Kay K.

Help Team

We can keep track of uses on invoices so we can get proper payment for inventory on hand. I like the ease of creating and closing invoices. Keeping track of inventory is some what better, still depends on entering and use. Still learning about the uses in the inventory and how to set up the item.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use. If you need assistance their help team is amazing. There are several ways to access different screens like billing and payments, etc.

Cons

Sometimes things are not clear and are confusing but the help team can walk you through these times of misunderstanding. I have come across different changes and needed helpeither accessing or learning to utilize the change.

HD

Heather D.

This software is the future of veterinary medicine!

Pros

- Vetter provides monthly updates/upgrades and the development team is constantly improving the software based on user feedback -User friendly from day one - Accessible from any device, and at home! - Very cost effective as compared to traditional server-based software - Automatically saves all content as you type it - Customizable for small and large clinics

Cons

- Constantly having to login when changing devices slows down appointments and checkout - New features/integrations often have an additional price tag associated with them; the advertised monthly costs for using Vetter can be misleading, as they charge extra for things that are essential for the software to function (such as the Authorize.net integration) - Unable to enter appointments or tasks by searching for patient name; this can only be done by searching by client name

AG

Alana G.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Vetter Software is easy to use and continues to improve in functionality as the product matures.

Cost effective software that organizes our medical records in an easily accessible way. I only work part time so the cloud based software allows me to interpret results from home if needed.

Pros

I enjoy the easy to use formatting of Vetter. It contains most of the basic functions that I need to run our dog sanctuary medical department efficiently. I am complimented on a regular basis regarding the detail and organization of our records. Tech support is very helpful.

Cons

I dislike a few of the features (such as a repeat appointment feature of "every month" schedules a repeat appointment for the next month on the same numerical day vs. four weeks from the date on the same day of the week). I wish there were a few other modifications to entering charges/records that prevented human error (i.e. requiring certain fields or being able to connect different records to a reminder field)

Mark B.

Data reports

Pros

Product is so easy to use that new employees are making appointments within their first shift of using it.

Cons

Reports. There are so many reports that are important to a veterinarian that is right there in the data. However, Daysmart Vet can't produce, or many times, offer the report. For instance, it would be great to know how long the average pancreatitis case stays in the hospital. That information can also tell how the animal was treated during its stay. I might find that the shorter stays get a certain treatment that helps more than the cases being treated differently. Unfortunately, Daysmart can't produce a diagnosis report for a certain diagnosis, during a certain date range. Right now, Daysmart can't even produce a diagnosis report at all.

BS

Beverly S.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

What veterinary software should be!

With the greatly increased efficiency of use we are better able to serve our clients/patients & keep up with our workload. In turn, this create a happier work environment & elevates morale. Happy employees are more productive & Joy is contagious 😁

Pros

The difference between our prior software program & DaySmart is like night and day. DaySmart is very user friendly & has more than tripled our efficiency. Our clinic is so happy to have this software program

Cons

I wish there was the ability to go back, page by page. To compensate, I just opt to "open in new tab" whenever possible. I wish this program had an integrated feature to address the fairly recently required drug counseling

MT

Megan T.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Cloud based options/ large animal ambulatory

Pros

Cloud based software allows immediate multiuser feedback, even with staff working remotely or on the road.

Cons

I’d like the option to apply the same treatment/vaccines/services to multiple patients at a time.

DN

Dr. Nicole B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Second to none

We opened our cat hospital over a year ago and Vetter has been an integral part of the practice right from the start. Vetter works seamlessly with our busy little clinic, and truly meets all our medical record keeping needs. But it is much more than that.. we use it to manage scheduling, inventory, lab reports, accounting reports, communications and reminders. I never have to worry about security breaches,...

Pros

Comprehensive, easy to use software that does it all for our clinic. No back-ups to worry about, and we use Mac computers so compatability isn't an issue.

Cons

dependent on a good internet connection, so it's sometimes slow on the weekend. Also sometimes kicks us off so we need to log on.

SM

Sandra M.

Excellent product, unmatched customer support, very user friendly

Accessibility from anywhere with an internet connection, I don't need to worry about security and backups, reports functions are excellent, tech support is fast, efficient, responsive and effective. This product suits my needs perfectly, at a reasonable price point. Very happy to recommend it!!

Pros

After using more complex software products like Cornerstone, Vetter is a breath of fresh air. Capable of everything I need it for, without getting lost in a forest of detail and complexity. LOVE the fact I have access to it from anywhere, as long as I have an internet connection. I can dictate medical records using my iPHONE, check reports, review files on the fly. Being a mobile service, it is just what I need.

Cons

As it is a web-based program, there are times few and far between that the system may go down temporarily.

MW

Molly W.

Excellent software

Pros

Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. I loved all of the reports that I could generate to maximize my understanding of how the business was doing as a whole.

Cons

Scheduling patients to their known provider did seem more time consuming. Learning how to refund to a card was a learning curve and I needed constant refreshers because I didn't do regularly and this was not as intuitive as the remainder of the functions.

AA

Alyssa A.

would recommend

I enjoy using DaySmart Vet. Very user friendly and easy to learn/train new employees.

Pros

It's great that you can open DaySmart Vet on any device that has access to wifi.

Cons

Unable to search for the patient when scheduling an appointment. DaySmart requires that you search for the client first and then select the appropriate patient. It is sometime easier to search for the patient instead of the client when actively scheduling an appointment.

Michael G.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Good software but need more attention to who is outside USA

Pros

Easy to use, simple interface, good pricing, no contract

Cons

Integration with IDEXX outside the USA is almost impossible and the support team has no clue or way to fix it while other alternatives are integrated in no time. No possible integration with Stripe or other payment gateways that support international accounts. The software in total has 1 control for all practices worldwide, when someone touches something affect the workflow cause disaster and we had many ruined days. Typical reply from the support team is 12 hours or more while the daytime in my city is different than the support schedule time .. we had days that we did the billing manually in the paper until the software started to work again .. by contacting the management, only last support ticket has been looked at which was 14 minutes and rest just been ignored.

YL

Yoon L.

Easy to use, cloud-based software.

Pros

The transition to Vetter Software was difficult at first, as we loved our previous software, but once you get the hang of it, it is very intuitive and easy to use. A necessary change to a cloud-based software in an increasingly paperless business. Cloud base software is easily accessible anywhere. Easy client communication. Tech support/customer service tries their best to keep up with bugs and enhancement requests. No more daily back-ups. Easy lab and xray integration. Printing from any computer. Can customize to clinic needs.

Cons

New features and updates seem to take priority over existing issues. Cash receipts (billing issue). Bugs here and there. Usage dependent on internet speed/access.

PC

Pamela C.

Working with Matt at Vetter has upgraded my practice!!!!

Pros

The portability is that a word? With an ipad I can go anywhere and get my work done. I am a small animal house call practice AND a new clinic nestled in between two medical schools. Our neighborhood also is developing a new tech start-up mecca of business and biomedical research. To say the least-my clients are tech savy and ALL of them are impressed by our ability to meet all of their needs on the ipad. My business mentor is impressed with this software and how it makes my affairs flow smoothly. This software is so easy for new employees: they pick up the ipad and they have it figured out in about 10 minutes. Within a day, they are teaching me.

CR

Carly R.

Veterinary, self-employed

Vetter saves our lives on a daily basis!

Mobile use of a digitalized records system, it saves time in making invoices and medical records, we don't need to worry about making backups to save our records in the incidence of a fire or flood...

Pros

We like that we can access it on our smartphones whenever and wherever we need it. We also like that we can run reports off of it, to use for paying PST, looking at our business' growth, etc. I also LOVE the amazing customer support, I've been blown away by the incredible service so far.

Cons

I dislike that it is not integrated with google calendar. I dislike that it is interfaced with only American veterinary supply companies/labs and not the ones that we use in Canada, because we can't tap into many of vetter's best features.

CF

Charlotte F.

Long time user

I have been with the company since the eraly days of Vetter and they have always respected our OG status. Their customer service is great.

Pros

The highlights for me is that the software is cloud based and travels with us. It's user friendly. The App is helping us to promote clients managing their records more on their own!

Cons

The records can be hard to navigate for referrals

MH

Maggie H.

What a great system. And the transition from my paper records to online was so smooth.

Pros

Excellent and timely support. Always making improvements and adding features. Available anywhere. As a housecall vet this is extremely important. Never having to do a backup again - it's all taken care of by Vetter. Being able to access my records from anywhere and even print labels at the office from anywhere The online community is very helpful. Basically this has made my housecall practice easier and my records more complete and organized.

Cons

I am having a hard time coming up with a con. I don't use the appointment schedule much and would like to have my Google calendar sync with it if possible. That's about it.

JG

John G.

Veterinary, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

I have a mobile practice and Vetter Software makes keeping track of clients and patients a breeze.

Ability to use it on the road with my mobile practice.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and incredible support. The best part for me is that I can access the software when I'm on the road. I can write up my records when I finish the appointment so everything is fresh in my mind. Most "in-house" software allows this, but Vetter allows me to do it from anywhere in my practice area. Because it's active on my iPad at all times, if I get a phone call from a client, I can view all of the information immediately, again, no matter where I'm at. I also appreciate the attentive support. They can always solve the problem within a short period of time. Upgrades are often based on input from users, so they tend to be helpful. Great product.

Cons

No professional software is perfect, but for my practice, it applies 98% of the time. I would like an easier way to track mileage (have to use inventory to track it now). Would like to be able to design my own letters and be able to email them from within the program without a charge.

Anna R.

1-10 employees

Vettersoftware.com

I've been using this for my mobile veterinary practice and gave been very pleased. I was able to start for free and clients as I grew. The group is very responsive to suggestions and customer support is beyond outstanding. I'm a bit of a computer idiot and have had my hand held with patience every (amazingly few) times that I have had issues.

Pros

Ease of use, good integration between information fields, support, willingness of company to listen to suggestions and implement them. Lots of ability to customize!

Cons

Not happy that it is 100 % cloud based because I travel in areas where reception can be poor. But this is not really the fault of vetter. I keep a backup paper file which increases my work load a bit.

JF

Jennifer F.

Easy to Use Vet Software

Vetter keeps are hospital running smoothly from the scheduler to the SOAP notes, creating bundles and easy check-out. It is an all-in-one package that is great software!

Pros

Vetter's cloud-base software is Easy to use, multi-functional and accessible from any device in any location. Love the fact that we don't need a server or have to purchase expensive software. Accepting payments is easy with their integrated payment processing and we don't need fancy terminals to do it! Great customer service and reasonably priced fees.

Cons

Occasional bugs and glitches. Inventory management needs some improvement with the adjustments.

OH

Oziel H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Best software we have used!

We were about to open a new clinic, and were searching for practice management software, when we found the free trial offer from Vetter Software. At first we were hesitant about cloud software, but wow, I'm so glad we tried it. Vetter software is very reliable, easy to use and had all the features we needed for our practice. I was absolutely amazed at how good the customer service is, as they quickly responded all our emails, or calls with answers to all our questions. The software itself is user friendly, and teaching the rest of the staff how to use it was quick and easy. I really like that they are constantly updating it, and adding even more features. Overall the experience with Vetter Software has been amazing, and I would recommend it always.

Pros

Easy to use, works great and fantastic customer service. And being able to open patient records from our phones or tablets has been a plus for us.

Cons

none

ME

Ms. E.

Innovative, User Friendly, Excellent Customer Support from day one and does not waiver

Pros

Cloud based: makes it easy to utilize anywhere there is a signal. Customer Community Page: a wealth of knowledge, instruction, webinars, topics easily searched by name relevance Affordable for any size practice, Customizable to your unique needs

Cons

Being mobile, we often find that the physical address and the mailing address are different. I would love to be able to see physical address when out on route without having to opt into the notes. Much like the billing address verses the physical address. Although, you can make your notes pop-up to provide the physical location.

KP

Karen P.

DaySmart is the best!

I have been using DaySmart vet when they were Vetter and started out being $5. I started when they started and i tried a different company but i came back because it is so user-friendly and the customer service service is exceptional.

Pros

It is user friendly. It is easy to navigate.

Cons

I wish there was a write in for different options.

LM

Lisa M.

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

multisite user

Pros

Easy to use, could use more reporting features. Reports are limited. Customer service availability has gone down considerably in the past year.

Cons

Reports are limited for what we do. Customer service is lacking

KA

Karen A.

Vetter was Better

disappointed that day smart doesn't;t provide the same Level of "support Vetter did" but these are the times.

Pros

sending patient records to other vet practices

Cons

Bookkeeping! is VERY Frustrating and the support team has not been savvy in this area