All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

8x8 Virtual Office

Voice, video, chat, contact center. In the cloud.

8x8 Virtual Office Reviews

We use Virtual Office daily with great satisfaction. Another plus is also being able to use a cell phone to receive calls. We are not always at our desk so if we are not, it will ring at our desk and then forward to our cell phone which is a huge plus if we are waiting on a very important call!

Pros

I like how easy it is to log onto 8 x 8 website and switch over our company messages under the auto attendant. It is also easy to add and/or subtract people from ring groups. There is also a nice selection of hold music to pick from! I never even thought about the hold music but we do have a lot of customers compliment us on the good hold music.

Cons

We are having issues with our main receptionist not receiving incoming calls, the phone will ring once for her and then goes on to the next person in line to receive calls. We are working with customer service to fix this issue but no solution yet.

Very glitchy

We use this to replace our physical phone lines, but unfortunately it was a terrible experience company wide. This is constantly crashing and has terrible sound quality. I have never once completed a call without the other end asking me to dial back in from my cell phone instead.

Pros

It has a convenient app, which allows you to make global phone calls. It has a text chat and phone services option, allowing you to communicate in different formats.

Cons

The sound quality is horrible. I constantly get complaints that there is tons of background noise (while I am in a soundproof booth alone) or that I sound like I am under water/in a tunnel/have a mouth full of marbles which is hardly acceptable in general, never mind in a business setting. the constant crashing and necessary reboots I could look past and chalk it up to my computer, but the sound quality is a company wide issue.

Great

Pros

I help to set this up for my partners work. I’ve had to help run it from our home to connect to workflows at the office when he is Sada lightin I help to set this up for my partners work. I’ve had to help run it from our home to connect to workflows at the office when he is working from here and was super easy. Extremely reliable we’ve never had down time dropped or missed calls. I actually haven’t had to access customer service at all.

Cons

I actually don’t have any cons. And I have nothing to report from their office as a con. I don’t for see any problems at the moment, maybe it’s because that we run a small office of less than 30 people…?

Decent Service, Terrible Customer Service

It's pretty sad when the call center you contact for service can't get in touch with your account rep or his supervisor for over a week.

Pros

Decent service for internet calling. Web application is fairly easy to navigate unless you're looking for customer service or tech support.

Cons

Customer service/tech support department don't communicate with each other and so one doesn't know what the other is doing or has done. Sales Rep/Account Manager is very, very hard to get in touch with but that is who I am always directed to call...

Love it! Have been using the software for 4+ Years!

Best VOIP phone system, free e fax, call record, meeting, etc. We use this daily in our dealership where we receive 50+ inbound phone calls per day to 4 phone lines.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to install, the Customer Service reps are Great! It is priced competitively compared to most of the competition.

Cons

During the initial set up there were a few bucks during the installation that we did on a weekend. Unfortunately, there were not customer support reps to help on a Sunday. Not sure if that has changed, but when else would you install a new phone system!??

get in touch with all coworkers and clients faster than ever

Pros

Before i started to use this app i haved a slow perfomance when i try to keeped in touch with my team becouse we live in diferent areas, but when we find this app, things change, now we can keep in touch all the time any moment, just like we were together. the software run on multiple plataforms so we dont have to adap to the software. The tools to integrate all the team members in one screen, i love it

Cons

the price is a little to hig for smalls bussines. Altough works in multiple plataforms, the perfomance tends to change depends on wich system you are, for example: In iOS system works great but in Android divices some times get bugged

Flawed, but not terrible

It's been ok. Gets the job done. Has its issues, but not a bad platform overall.

Pros

User interface is fairly intuitive. It's really easy to use instant messaging, access voicemail, and find contacts. The instant messaging feature is probably the best tool 8x8 Virtual Office has to offer.

Cons

It's very buggy. There will be times where it says I have unread messages when my mailbox is clear. It also crashes on me a lot. These are annoying issues, but they could also be much worse.

Almost there

We are a small, mostly mobile company, so the ability to be seen as a cohesive unit is a great value proposition for us. Be warned to know when your anniversary date on your contract is, they will roll it over without warning and you cannot change it until the anniversary date.

Pros

The option for our associates to work from anywhere and seem to the client like they are at the office is key and is one of the BEST features about this software.

Cons

The setup is relatively easy, but the costs associated are not easily communicated to the business.

Very happy with 8x8

We have been very happy with 8x8. We serve clients that use lots of other VoIP options and we get to see inside when we provide service...and what I see makes me like 8x8 even more. 8x8 has proven to be very reliable. The call quality is great and managing our settings is super simple. I have referred 8x8 to several of our customers that have also grown to love it.

Pros

Great call quality. Easy to use. Overall good value.

Cons

Can't upload your own custom voicemail greeting via the user portal. You have to send it though their customer service department, but it's usually pretty quick.

Great software

8x8 has made working from home much more seamless than it would otherwise have been. It's a fantastic replacement for a desk phone as it has much better features for meetings and also video calls.

Pros

Great for calls and meetings, I can be anywhere and receive calls on my office number. Ideal for mobile and home workers, all you need is a headset. Very reliable too.

Cons

Cons? I can't think of a single one! Features are great and it's easy to use.

Easy to use!

Pros

This software is very easy to use on my laptop of mobile phone. We collaborate a lot with international offices and 8x8 makes it really easy to call internationally from my phone or laptop. They also send voicemails directly to your email, which is a nice feature for people who work remotely.

Cons

Every once in a while it crashes and I have to restart the app. Also, sometimes it hangs when I try to shutdown my Mac so I have to force-quit to turn my laptop off.

Cloud based PBX and contact center.

Our company recently moved from an on-prem system to 8x8 as a full cloud based solution for phone services. We were able to move all our services, and port over all our numbers with no impact to our clients.

Pros

Flexibility and mobility of deployment anywhere. Single dashboard to report on usage per user or per line Compatible with our existing phones Mobile App

Cons

The PBX solution is very easy to use and convenient. The contact center while its easy to use it is managed through a web browser. This took a new learning curve for our staff to get used to and be able to properly use the system.

How Virtual Office by 8x8 is helping our business

Pros

To start with vendor, we have used 8x8 since 2007 and they have always been helpful in sales and, occasionally, technical support. The product is reliable, performs well and is fairly priced. When we have experienced a problem, it has almost always been our fault and 8x8 has helped fix it promptly. I spend a lot of time in the UK and the Virtual Office by 8x8 helps keep me in touch with our US headquarters and clients in both countries - and saves me a fortune on cell phone charges. I no longer worry about call duration, or if a call is costing more than it is worth to our business.

Cons

I can't think of a response to this question.

Good, but cumbersome and under-supported

Pros

- The ability to fax electronically. Being able to have updates emailed in about received faxes come was helpful for my HR team and having faxes come in as .PDF's made them much more malleable with our paperless systems.

Cons

- I have had numerous people comment on the horrible audio quality while talking over the mobile app (Android). - The limit of one account in the organization with the ability to fax was highly annoying. It limited the potential for the application in our use (Windows). - The GUI could have been organized more intuitively. It always seemed more complicated to change Forwarding settings than it needed to be to get the set up I needed (which was complex, but not the reason for the problems I was experiencing). (Windows and Android)

Very difficult to use!

Pros

8x8 was referred to me by our IT person and the switch went great. The team that connected us and got everything set up was really good at everything they did. Maybe a little more training would have helped. There price is great however since I always had to reach out to my IT to work within the interface I can't say much money was saved.

Cons

This software is so extremely packed with different items to choose from and to maneuver around within the system to make any changes is definitely challenging. I wanted to simply forward to phones one weekend which should be an easy process but it involved so many steps that I had to get our IT involved which in turn cost us money of course.

Decent communications suite for in-office and remote users

Pros

Overall, Virtual Office is easy to use with a nice set of tools. The mobile application allows for calls to be taken seamlessly on the go. Meetings and conference bridges can be configured quickly and there are available browser extensions that extend the features.

Cons

The virtual meeting has improved since it's introduction, but it is cumbersome to use when compared with similar online meeting offerings.

We switched to a new phone system because of flaws in 8x8

Not the worst but not the best phone system

Pros

It has all the functions that are desirable in a phone system. Calls, IMs, faxing, etc. It is a classic phone system that can meet your minimum requirements and the dial-in app for creating meetings works well.

Cons

Our company switched to a new phone system because we would have frequent dropped calls and the IMs would not notify when a message was sent until hours later.

Useful Product, but Suffers from QA Issues

Useful product that could use some additional QA TLC

Pros

Virtual Office includes a good number of features and options to link in to my phone, such as online chat, messaging, VM, Fax, and in-app meeting invites. The product is getting some attention from the dev staff in-house and new features are being rolled out at a reasonable pace.

Cons

There is a disparity between the "Classic" version and "New Look" in which features disappear from one to other. So you need to choose between a full featured app with an old clunky UI or a slick UI with limited features. We also suffer from frequent disconnects from the messaging service. As a result, we would often receive messages sent a day or more earlier.

I hope you speak Filipino or Tagalog.

Very poor service. Their call center is based in the Philippines and a huge language/sentence structure barrier exists. Every level o support you are transferred to you have to explain yourself multiple multiple times. It is exhaustive and a giant time vacuum. Their administration dashboard is very easy to navigate, but there are 2 to 3 different administration portals that you can access for reporting...

Pros

Response time from support is quick. Online self service portal is a good source of info as well.

Cons

Support language barrier, limited or no Mac OS support, Overly complex reporting features and analytics.

program freezes often

Team members are able to accept/transfer calls. Having the queue system helps with work flow.

Pros

The UI is fairly easy to navigate. Also, the reporting and monitoring features come in handy for data collection and analysis.

Cons

The program freezes quite frequently. Team members are forced to restart the program on an almost daily basis, which ends up wasting a fair amount of time.

Using 8x8

Pros

Very versatile platform and features that are just perfect for a start-up or existing business. I've used the mobile app overseas without any issues and I'd highly recommend them.

Cons

sometimes (and it did happen) the phones that we've ordered failed within several months but they were replaced promptly. It's worth to invest in a better phone.

8x8 Review

I enjoyed using this in the office and liked how it would integrate with my salesforce to have one place to use

Pros

I liked the fact that the interface is able to have it's own window, which makes it easy to see all of your text messages and phone calls, and rolodex

Cons

The one thing that bothered me was how much it crashed. I feel like a lot of times, it would crash when I needed it to work, and then I would have to sign back in. I also hated how you'd have to change your password so many times

Mobile App is very Glitchy

Pros

We use 8x8 for our office and we typically don't experience issues with our in office phones. The service is pretty reliable for in office phones.

Cons

The mobile app is SO glitchy. There is a large delay from when a call is received in office versus when it starts ringing from the mobile app. It causes a lot of our calls to be missed. Sometimes, the app won't open fully in order for us to hit the answer button. It will freeze a lot and requires a lot of forcing close and reopening the app so it will function properly.

Fantastic!!!!

Pros

We switched to 8x8 almost 3 years ago and it has been an amazing solution for our ever growing company.

Cons

I honestly do not have anything negative to say about 8x8. If there was one thing I could comment on it would be the price of their phones. Some of their competitors offer the phones for free when you add an additional line.

8x8

We are using this software to better attend to calls and faxes.

Pros

Product is a very easy to use product that helps when taking calls and getting faxes, as well as sending a co worker a message.

Cons

The only con is sometimes because its internet based it takes a few minutes to first load in the mornings.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.