All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

8x8 Virtual Office

Voice, video, chat, contact center. In the cloud.

8x8 Virtual Office Reviews

Great for working remotely

Pros

We were able to all work remotely on some days and 8x8 allowed us to do that. We had ease of access to everyone.

Cons

We would have a lot of voicemail issues. It was very hard for our office to access individual extensions. It was a very long learning curve with this product.

Useful for VOIP and in house messaging

Overall my experience was very positive.

Pros

8x8 was useful for VOIP, voicemail, recording client calls, and chats with other employees. I used it as an employee of a small law firm and the chat function was especially useful to touch bases quickly.

Cons

After I started my own law firm, to keep my costs low I ended up going with other options. 8x8 is not the least expensive option for a business line, but it is a good paid option.

8x8 is a great tool, we love it.

Easy communication, phone calls & text!

Pros

I like that there's a text message integration. That is really helpful & handy. Easily our favorite feature.

Cons

A lot of times the call log does not load. It will show me missed calls on my screen but in the call log, not have a list.

The sales team was awesome, the phone service itself is a 7 out of 10, Support 0 of 10. Awful

Lots of time lost, ineffective analysis, a poor decision overall.

Pros

It was priced competitively, they allowed us to purchase equipment over a 12 month period. They promised live reporting and analytics.

Cons

The reports never matched. Never. The analytics misses days of data, the request for support is nonexistent. They only tell you someone will get back to you in 48-72 hours. That never happens. We have been a client for more than 18 months. Not one item resolved. The use a call center with people reading scripts, and have zero technology ability to resolve or even answer questions. It is costing our company lot of amount to switch to another company, not considering the man hours to switch. We are so disappointed.

Great Value, Beta Product

Customer service is off-shore and usually takes a day or two to solve the issue. However, they have been able to to correct every weird mishap, every time.

Pros

Our monthly costs have dropped dramatically with VoIP service through 8x8. The sound quality blows analog lines out of the water as well. They run promotions from time to time that give you an easy way to get brand new Polycom Phones at low or no cost.

Cons

They have transitioned to a new web platform with the X2/X5/X7 plans which gets you a different management portal than Virtual Office Classic. It is still rather buggy which is not something you want in a phone system. Weird error messages will appear, sometimes it takes several times for a feature change to implement. If they are able to improve it, I can see it being an excellent product.

8x8 Virtual Office

Used them for years and was positive. Seems like when we started having issues, we continued to have issues. They logged into our servers, etc, but nothing seemed to work. We changed from them, but they are a good reputable company.

Pros

Great features and started out very strong product for us. The features are great and I know many who use 8x8 and recommended to us. I've used to call from computer, phone, and desk phone, and nice product.

Cons

There is a big delay when using it over data. Also, there can be distorted sound while using the Virtual Office. We changed and went to landline but thinking about going back or to a similar VOIP provider.

Makes life easier to track your calls and hear your voicemails.

Pros

I love how simple and easy the interface is. When I have missed calls or voicemails it only takes a moment to access them.

Cons

Sometimes the system gets a hiccup after listening to voicemails, and it takes a couple tries to delete old voicemails.

The 8x8 app is great for working on the go.

Pros

Using the 8x8 desktop and Android application makes connecting with clients much easier, especially on the go.

Cons

The 8x8 desktop application freezes frequently, making it difficult to successfully complete an outgoing call.

I'm a Huge Fan of 8x8

Pros

The call quality is excellent, comparable to a landline. I will rarely have a call drop or otherwise mess up. Also, their excellent customer support is excellent.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Years ago, I had a less-than-perfect (although not all that bad) experience with a technician, but I haven't had any problems since.

Overall great software for big offices!

Pros

8x8 was very useful in a big office where you do not know all employees extensions. You can easily call, transfer phone calls, listen to your voicemail from the software/app and even 'text' your coworkers

Cons

The design is pretty attractive and easy to use but the software encountered a lot of bug and internal issues that were very disturbing for daily users.

Cool Admin Features

8x8's account manager gives me the ability to easily set-up, change and perform general administrative functions for the phone system. All kinds of cool features - reporting, recording virtual faxing, ring groups etc...

Pros

Ease of changing membership of ring groups Virtual fax can route to up to 5 emails ease of conference call set-up

Cons

Skill of customer support reps. varies widely Pro bundle features cost too much for the value they add Would like to be able to record conference calls set up through conference bridge

Overall it serves its purpose.

You can message with your coworkers easily.

Pros

I like that it allows you to message with the members of your organization easily. I like that it lets you know when other coworkers are on the phone.

Cons

Very glitchy and causes your computer to run very slow as it uses a lot of computer recourses. Many times you have to shut the program down and reopen it just to be able to toggle off DND or just because it stopped working.

8x8 Virtual Office

Pros

I like the portability factor, I can be away from my workstation and still receive calls on my tablet, laptop or phone. I can even send and receive faxes with the pro version. It makes it easy to work away from my desk and clients and staff can't tell that I'm not at my desk.

Cons

Because I often use more than one mobile device, it would be to be able to remain logged in to more than one device at a time.

VOIP For Small Businesses

Pros

Inexpensive, worked even in offices spread out over an office complex

Cons

Not as robust as some other VOIP software available

The use of the 8x7

It has been very useful to me in my day to day life at work.

Pros

I like that it has allowed everyone in our company to be connected and is very useful with doing phone transfers.

Cons

That there aren't too many features to help manage the average office life besides connecting everyone.

Easy to use, annoying to integrate with CRMs

Pros

Works great on mobile and desktop. The call quality was overall consistently good and it did integrate with Salesforce

Cons

User experience wise, while being integrated with salesforce, there were constant pop ups throughout the day to log in, even if I was already logged in. It was not efficient

8x8 SysAdmin Overview

7 out of 10. For the cost and ease of use it is fine.

Pros

Once you get used to the menu's it is pretty easy. Updates fast and I have had no real problems. The only problems is I have had configuration errors and that was because I wasn't looking at all the menus.

Cons

Not everything is set in the extensions. You have to look at all of the menus for user configuration. You might set a user profile but a old person is still showing up on the phone. Go check the User profiles and get the end user to reboot the phone. We have had some problems with conference phones. Getting support to update the firmware has generally fixed the issues.

Flexibility to Control Your Office Phone System from Anywhere!

Pros

We enjoy having the options to control our phone system from anywhere. On days when we have to work out of the office, the ability to forward phones and use the app on our mobile phones makes it easy to make and receive business calls from anywhere.

Cons

We really don't have any complaints about the product.

Behind the curve on features and below par on customer service.

As a manager for an inbound tech support call center, 8x8 did a decent job accomplishing most of what we needed. It allowed us to answer calls, manage queue schedules and priorities, etc. The agent interface was easy to use, but the admin interface was fairly difficult and required some sort of a programming background to make full use of it. The biggest problem with 8x8 is its lack of features such...

Pros

It's a cloud solution allowing you to employ remote call center agents

Cons

The worst part was the lack of support especially when things were down. Most of my agents used the word 'hate' when it came to the email interface.

Small Office, Big Image

Pros

The helped with setup with all questions that we had. Ease of use with mobile handsets, real phones, or "phones" using your computer.

Cons

Dependent on internet connection. If your internet connection is slow, this may not be the solution/program for you.

great for offices of 5-15

our experience was mixed. At the start of the service, it was great. We had a small group of number and users. as our company grew, the service could not keep up with our needs and the changing communications environment (video conference integration)

Pros

Great software to use for smaller to mid-size offices limited functionality means there is less to mess-up

Cons

Several outages that impacted their support group and our phones limited functionality when it came to routing calls across groups and attempting to integrate video conferencing equipment

Secure Connectivity That You Already Paid For

Virtual Office has been a critical piece in getting our Call Center reps working remotely with complete access during COVID19 stay at home orders.

Pros

Relatively easy to set up and use, came with our new firewalls, so there's no licensing fees (that escalate evrey year for no benefit/platform upgrade, LogMeIn!).

Cons

Occasionally it freaks out and disconnects you, but it's easy to get back in. Screen resolution is meh.

Using this product was great. I never had any bad issues with the software.

I benefited by not having to worry about doing my job on a daily basis because the software was so reliable.

Pros

I liked the fact that it was easy to use and did not give me any problems. I would definitely recommend this software to a company that has a high volume of customer service calls.

8x8 was a great choice!

Pros

Very easy to keep track of calls and viewing caller ID; also good for inter office message communications

Cons

It is runs on the internet so if the internet is out, then our phone system does not work. Also there will be some settings glitches sometimes.

Convenient but annoying

Pros

The 8x8 application is a software that is easy to keep track of callers and a convenient way to check voicemails.

Cons

The 8x8 application is a software freezes at times and sometimes gets stuck at an awkward size where you have to close the app and restart

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.