All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

8x8 Virtual Office

Voice, video, chat, contact center. In the cloud.

8x8 Virtual Office Reviews

8x8's inability to get our service running

When I signed up for 8x8 my company was in the process of moving all of their employees to one centralized office. As soon as we signed our lease I began signing up for services such as 8x8. Initially, I really liked 8x8. Their reviews were solid, my account manager was friendly and I thought I'd made the right choice. Unfortunately, when it came time to set up all of our phones, I felt mislead....

Pros

Price, domestic customer service, features.

Cons

Lack of transparency about their systems limitation.

Suited for everyone, from small businesses to large companies

This product offers pretty much everything you'd expect from a high-end VoIP without the high-end price, including call recording and faxing. For most the faxing functionality is just a "nice to have" but for us, it was a feature we were specifically looking for. It also integrates with Salesforce and Microsoft Outlook, so old timers in the office will be more comfortable using it over some of the other VoIP options out there.

Pros

Cons

Not to be particular, but the interface is pretty ugly and clunky. Think login web portals in the mid-2000s.

One service instead of many.

Key differentiator for me is that it allows unification of service and abilities. I can be just as productive ( maybe more so ) at home or in the field as I am in the office with the 8x8 app! Also, being able to text from my work number has been a big differentiator and a key capability for some of my customers!

Pros

Allows for easy integration and is device agnostic.

Cons

Sometimes gets confused on phones after software updates.

Call center review

Pros

The data provided by stat reports and real time monitoring window

Cons

occassionally when trying to monitor a live call I will click on a specific agent but I obtain a different agent's line instead. This is an intermittent problem and not consistent enough for reporting value

Great Software highly recommended

Pros

I did a lot of research on virtual offices before going with 8x8. From what I could find they provided everything we needed a reasonable price. Us going with them probably had more to do with the lack of viable options for small businesses then 8x8 but we are happy.

Cons

The set up was not the most fun like most of this software and it is okay from an ease of use standpoint but could definitely use some improvement.

Good solution for small to medium-sized organizations

Pros

This is cost effective solution for small and growing companies and it's easy to use

Cons

Needs better app integration functionality; quality is an issue as an organization scales from a workforce of a few hundred to thousands.

Great product/service at a very affordable price.

I am with a Non-Profit Organization and started to use 8x8 after dealing with a very old phone system. All I can say that is that we get great customer support, great service, up to date technology and best of all very affordable. I definitely recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Up to date technology, great customer service, very affordable, many options to keep in communication with your clients and customers.

Cons

None that I can think.

8x8 has been good to us

There 8x8 service had helped me respond more quickly to voicemail messages.

Pros

Since the phone service is internet based, the best part is accessing my voicemail from and device.

Cons

Sometimes when I dial a number within our Network, occasionally it doesn't connect.

User Friendly

Pros

What I liked about this product is that I am notified via email about voicemail messages. I often neglect the blinking light on my actual office phone due to not knowing if the voicemail is specifically for me or for another department.

Cons

Not quite sure how fast the email notification come in after voicemail has been received.

I had to Cancel my order

Absolutely none.

Pros

The quote I received was very good, I was going to save my money per month to transfer my 2 lines with similar features.

Cons

As of the date of this review: Pictures can not be sent via text using their mobile app. It was becoming a burdensome to finalize the transfer, I kept getting emails that the transfer was not complete, and there were errors, I called them gave them all my account information and still no luck on getting transfer complete, after almost 3 weeks of trying and a couple of calls, I decided to cancel order. It has been over 45 Days since I cancelled the order and they have not refunded the initial payment, which according to the terms of the agreement I was entitled to, I keep calling and I get transfer from department to department. Case # C1214093, Case # C2542447, Case # C2542551, so that 8X8 Can check what went wrong.

Not worth the effort

Pros

I love the idea of it; you can block numbers, make calls from a remote location, etc. And the conference call setup is really great, love being able to set something up for a one-time or on-going basis and I can access it from any phone, anywhere.

Cons

It resets itself whenever a software update occurs. So all the blocked numbers are lost. Also, people who don't use the features like making and receiving calls using your office number from your desk phone, cell phone, computer or tablet, video conferencing, etc. often don't remember how to do it and subsequently just don't use the software at all.

8x8 Virtual Office

Overall it has been a great transition a way from cisco products.

Pros

The ability to set voicemail, how many times it rings and to what device is very helpful. Its is all cloud based. Cheaper than cisco. Installation is easier with an MSI

Cons

More expensive than other phone systems. Isn't has well polished as cisco jabber. A lot of features may be overwhelming for some users.

Outsource VoIP Trouble

8x8 has a combined phone and contact center solution that can do it all: provide inbound and outbound calling, live agent chat, click-to-call, and live routing options. It’s a one-stop shop for all our needs.

Pros

8x8 Virtual Contact Center Helps Software Developer Deliver Support Excellence

Cons

The total united communication integration still got a lot of work to do.

Works great!

Pros

The product works as desired and has all the features of a much more expensive system. And the people are very supportive whenever you need help.

Cons

No excuse to miss calls. Can't hide anymore. Calls follow me wherever I am.

Light on features and a bit clunky

Pros

For the most part, it seems to do the job as intended. It allows me to make/receive business phone calls from my cell phone, receive voicemails, etc.

Cons

I think the integration between platforms could be improved (i.e. between the phone and the phone app and the PC app). I found the app very difficult to set up, especially things like call forwarding. And I think the app signs you out frequently and unless you go into the app you don't know that, so you think you're signed in and ready to receive calls but you're really signed out. I've missed calls for this reason.

8x8 Review

Pros

This product is user friendly. I was able to start using it successfully with little training.

Cons

Sometimes I do not get the info of when the message was left so I'm not sure how old the message is.

Great Product, CS needs improvement!

Switched to 8x8 from another popular VOIP system, due to profit loss issues with other system, and great recommendations from trustworthy business connections. I overall love the experience and the system, how easy it is to use and navigate. However it was a bit overwhelming at first, you get used to how its used fairly fast! If you need help from customer service though, be careful it could become a headache and a lot of wasted time and frustration really quickly!

Not Recommended if you want Salesforce Integration

We purchased 8x8 to be used by our sales team and track call activity in Salesforce. The Salesforce plugin never worked well. Some times it logged calls other times it didn't. Technical support was exceptionally unhelpful. They just suggested reinstalling the Salesforce integration again and again. We couldn't cancel fast enough.

Pros

The basic telephony worked fine. Nothing else to like.

Cons

The Salesforce integration is a piece of sh**. The admin interface is primitive.

A Poor Telecommunications Experience

We changed phone providers due to a dissatisfaction with poor support resources and difficulty with learning and understanding the admin portal.

Pros

8x8 was at least minimally functional while we maintained a physical office. It worked with our physical phones and were able to take and receive calls.

Cons

The worst aspect of 8x8 Virtual Office was dealing with their support. The poorly written support articles were difficult to navigate and talking with their representatives was often frustrating due to outsourced support staff, a lack of dedicated account managers, and long wait times. Escalating through their support hierarchy was nearly impossible.

Nice Service to Track Calls

Pros

This product has made it easy to go in and run reports on days and time periods to determine when phone calls were made and the duration.

Cons

The layout of the website is not very user-friendly. Navigating the website takes some practice but once you have the hang of it and are familiar with it, it becomes easier.

8x8 Review

Pros

8x8 is great because you no longer need an office phone! It is all on your computer!

Cons

Downside is it is a computer phone... So if your computer is down you cannot contact IT.

Great for Telecommuters and More

Pros

I can easily take calls from home when the office is closed. Patients can contact the clinic director without access to any personal cell phone info! It's so cool!

Cons

They took away the fax feature, which was super handy! Now just using adobe's scanning app. It's working well.

Great for team weekly calls!

Pros

You can keep your call organized and share your screen. The team can also comment through the chat and ask questions. You can use either a link or app.

Cons

The connectivity is not the best and we have had troubles sharing our screens once.

Great product

Good. No issues. Technical support is great, but you will pay a premium for it

Pros

Great product. Very useful for team collaboration. Support before the sale is very good. Testing and implementation is very easy.

Cons

The price. With how much this costs, I do not think it is worth it. There are a lot of other options out there that have a lot of the same options, they just do not have the bells and whistles that 8x8 has.

8x8 is ok however I prefer other Voip services

Pros

8x8 is easy to operate. Plug and play . It is also affordable and flexible in terms of pricing. It also work with other tools such as outlook and Netsuite.

Cons

There is no heads up display messaging option unlike what Fonality has. There is no 24/7 support and limited phone selection.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.