Adobe Connect Logo

Adobe Connect

Web conferencing solution for schools and organizations

Adobe Connect Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.96/10

Reviews by rating

Easy to do recording of sessions and has a special attendance (roll count) section for better customer use. Has a great playback quality enabling better recollection for later.
The video sharing, screen sharing and breakout room features are great for virtual events. The audio is good when it works and the chat and poll features are useful too.
My overall experience with Adobe Connect has been extremely positive. Admittedly I do not use it too frequently, but when I use it I'm always impressed by its ease of use and its numerous functions.
Had issues with getting set up to start, however, when I was doing so, there was a known problem with their testing server. When trying to run a test connection, it would always fail.
Adobe Connect does not work well on a mobile phone with all the pod being shrunk and many features downgraded. I also know that this software is very expensive.
The only downside to this is that at first things can appear to be a bit cluttered.

Andrew B.

SEO Manager

Chemicals, 10,001+ employees

Adobe Connect User Review

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Andrew. I'm an SEO manager. I would give Adobe Connect a four out of five....

BB

Ben B.

educator

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Good Functions for use!

Transcript

Ben B.: Hi, I'm Ben. I'm reviewing Adobe Connect. I'm a school counselor. I give that product a five....

Cynthia R.

Information Services, 10,001+ employees

Adobe Connect and I

Adobe allows our company to work with work-at-home agents using the same materials and software as in a traditional training room or conference.

Pros

I was a bit hesitant about using Adobe Connect. I thought it would be a software that would be complex and non user friendly. I was surprised to discover the opposite is true. Adobe allowed my training class to be engaged with user friendly options to be apart of the classroom. You can raise your hand, ask a question, provide feedback and even express thoughts in the moment. It is equipped with a white board, chat and options for getting the instructors attention without disrupting the class. the interface is easy to use and appealing. It is secure and private and as a company we often have several training classes going at one time as well as conferences via the Adobe Connect.

Cons

I am very impressed with Adobe Connect and don't have many critiques as far as cons go. Visibility of icons are the common criticism. Once you get acclimated to where things are then the icons themselves are not an issue.

LINA MARIA V.

A software that allows us not to leave pending assignments for later

Pros

Due to my duties within the corporation where I live, we have to make trips to the interior of the country and abroad in order to attend petroleum meetings, chemistry or simply go to recondite places where it is presumed there will be future oil exploitation. In this absence to our natural workspace, Adobe Connect plays a fundamental role, since, among its many benefits, one of the most important...

Cons

When I have had to set up an online room to set up meetings, complications have arisen based on some complex tools that the software has. While it is not a problem in itself of the functionality of the software, it is a point that should be taken into account so that the next updates are easier to use and so everyone can use the software in a simple way.

SR

Sean R.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Adobe Connect with teaching

I would say that I am thankful I used Adobe Connect. For simply screen sharing, and limited VOIP audio, it did a decent job. The worst parts of the software were really in the setup. Once it was up and running it was pretty much streamlined. I think it did a good job; I just really feel Zoom to be the superior product hence my review at the level of 3.

Pros

My institute had a license for Adobe Connect for several years. I began to use Adobe Connect around 2016 to facilitate lecture delivery in a large classroom. In my case, I had a room where students had a poor viewing angle of the screens and whiteboard. Initially used the software to solely screen share. As I became more comfortable, I also began to share audio when students could not attend a lecture. This was a help with being prepared for the Covid-19 online transition. As it turned out, I used another software en lieu of Adobe Connect (Zoom) as it was better setup to facilitate captioning and cloud recording. Nonetheless, Connect was a good software package.

Cons

I found that the UI was not plug and play. Every time I setup a new course/lecture it was moderately involved to get it to a situation in which I could screen share with the students. It did work but ultimately in comparison with Zoom or Blue Jean it was more involved on the setup end. Setting up a recurring meeting was not an option that I ever found. This meant that I was using a single link for...

Amanda h.

Semiconductors, 1,001-5,000 employees

High quality videoconferencing

Adobe Connect has features that stand out and make it an effective choice. It reduces costs and optimizes the company's communication capacity.

Pros

It has a pleasant and easy-to-navigate user interface. It has a reduced learning curve. It allows you to connect in an easy and agile way, from anywhere and at any time, using any media, device or operating system. Security and scalability are two characteristics that stand out in this platform. It enables effective videoconferencing and screen sharing. It offers a library of content stored in the cloud for easy access.

Cons

Although this platform is very robust and versatile, it is necessary to have a good bandwidth to enhance the experience and enjoy all its features to the fullest.

David H.

Semiconductors, 1,001-5,000 employees

Versatile solution to streamline communication

Adobe Connect permite organizar el trabajo colaborativo, proporcionando una comunicación interna altamente efectiva.

Pros

It has advanced chat functions that allow you to create groups, use messages and notifications to send to your contacts. It allows quick simple selection surveys to better identify user preferences. It is easy and very useful to share PDF files on the screen with participants. It is very easy to create interactive content and present it in virtual classrooms.

Cons

It has presented problems to play long videos and when you are a new user it is necessary to document yourself well to take advantage of its full potential.

SA

Sueda A.

Computer Software, self-employed

So..

Pros

I used adobe connect to join my online classes. Actually I don't like it at all. It looks like an old software and I don't like to use it. There is a lot of better options. So I would not use adobe connect again if I don't have to.

Cons

Absolutely the interface. I don't like it. It looks really old.

Nigel D.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

So much potential but failed to deliver

The team put a HUGE amount of effort into converting our existing materials to Adobe Connect. We loved the all of the functionality that the platform provides - some of which are not available elsewhere to my knowledge. We ran the first few sessions on the new platform but it was just too unstable. The video quality for just about acceptable but the audio was just unacceptably unstable and was interfering with the learning process. Very disappointed to have had to drop the whole thing after so much effort went into making it work. Lots of promise but just did not deliver.

Pros

I absolutely love the concepts that Adobe have created in relation to online classrooms. The ability to create rooms and screens and views with elements that can be switched on and off is fantastic. The best feature for me is the ability to save these set-ups and re-use them over and over again. Run a session; save it; refresh it back to the start-up and run another session.Breakout rooms are great and with some work it is possible to set up shared whiteboards that the facilitator can monitor in real time without entering each of the rooms.

Cons

The biggest issue was the audio quality - or lack of it. It was OK most of the time - not great but useable. However it was often very poor and it became too much of a hurdle. We had to ditch the whole thing and revert to MS Teams. Most disappointing.

Vikram S.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Best Tool For Web Conferencing

Adobe Connect is best Web Conferencing and real time collaboration tool . It has best GUI n which we can easily find associate ,create breakout ,chat and polls. It provides HD audio and video web conferencing and recording . It provides great features for interactive sessions.

Pros

I am using Adobe connect from last 3+ year and I found It best tool for web conferencing . We are using this for online training with team also it provides recording meeting feature so we can share this with absentees.It is very secure tool. It also provide virtual breakout, chat and poll feature.

Cons

I haven't found any issue yet. It is working very smooth and perfect for me.

Travis B.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Why I Choose Adobe Over All Others

My Overall Opinion With Adobe Is Completely Satisfied, Once You've Achieved The Knowledge of What your doing within their software, Anything you Want to do can be done, Don't Believe me? Requires Patience And The Willingness to Learn. Thats All You Need.

Pros

Once You Learn how to use Adobe Software in general it makes it Sooo Much Easier for Future use of Their Software, I Love Adobe's Features like Adobe Connect Due to it Being Super Easy and Simple To Get Quality Results Within Minuets. Quality? I mean what other software offers Top HD 1080p Quality as there Standard Format?

Cons

Only Down Side With Adobe, Unless you Learned in school how to use properly, Youtube is Your Best Friend Teaching You how to even navigate within their software. Needs to be a tad more user friendly.

SM

Sahar M.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Just another virtual meeting tool

Average. Nothing incredible

Pros

I didn’t find anything unusual about it. It’s just another meeting tool.

Cons

It’s not as popular as Zoom and Webex and when rest of the colleagues and stakeholders prefer Zoom, AdobeConnect has lost its worth and popularity.

RS

Ray S.

I use to sell Adobe Connect...Best Reliable Conference Platform on the Market

This was the best conferencing tool. Sold it and used it daily.

Pros

You can customize your conference room depending on how and what you want to share. There are pods within your conference room which allows you to have a document sharing pod, a video sharing pod, a chat pod, survey pod, etc. To many to name. You can host one on one as well as one to many(Events). I use to train clients on this tool and the feedback was always positive. The interface dashboard...

KB

Kenatu B.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

80-20 Split

Adobe connect is a stately gentleman that ladies wished would be a little bit more of bad boy for that extra excitement. If you are looking for a higly relaiable, stable profesional, no nonsense web conferencing tool, then we have a winner. Adobe connect has it all except the excitement factor but that is Adobe's trade mark...Give you that 80% and leave you wanting the little 20% extra.

Pros

It has a rich list of feature that make a web conferencing experience for host ans user very interactive. You can turn your past sessions in to archives after making your own edits. This adds value ro repeat sessions and online learning facilitattions. The in session Q&A and provate chat faciliations are also a big plus.

Cons

The price tag can make a goat gag but when you have clients that are more comfortable with this platform what are you gonna do? It also requires a high level of technical savvyness but offers everything you need to become that guy. There is no shortage of information to make yo an experton the platform.

Samson L.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 2+ years

Need major updates to successfully move away from Flash

Given that Adobe is such a well-known company, Adobe Connect is certainly not it's top product. Unless you have some history with Adobe, if you are new to Web-Conferencing software, you certainly should look elsewhere.

Pros

Adobe Connect does not have a rich history, at least compare with WebEx. As an Adobe Product, it relies heavily with Flash when it first introduced. It was fairly successfully at the beginning. It's a very common training tools, and that was how I started using it. We used it for training sessions, attendees can interact with various aspects of the program and with each other.

Cons

As Flash is dying, Adobe is in need to make a major move to get off from Flash. However, the new product is not s successfully as the original Flash version. During the current pandemic when web-conferencing software is most needed, there is a lot of downtime. The issue is can be capacity of its server. Subscription is also an issue. You have to deal with retailer instead of directly with Adobe. Also, there is only Annual subscription and lack a shorter term. If you need to host >100 users session, be aware. Although it is dorable, license and technical are both need to be worked out first

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

Wannabe LMS?

Adobe Connect service for meetings and online conferencing works great! Never had any real connection issues or problems setting up profiles, just takes a bit of instruction.

Pros

It gets the job done for the user. If you are looking to make an initial switch to online learning/ delivery of online modules this would be a good first step.

Cons

The administrator role can be very confusing to know where to navigate, how to file things, how to enroll learners, and pull learning reports. Like I said before, if you are looking to test how your users will adapt to a change/ shift to online learning, then this would be a good first step in getting the job done and monitoring how much access/ click through you get on items. It doesn't have much for fancy delivery other than customization links. It acts as a simple serve LMS.

RN

Raghavendar N.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Feature rich collaborating tool

I was using for conducting quick training and attending other presenter webinar

Pros

Allows you to very good Digital training, webinar and collaborative experiences. Compare to other similar tools, Adobe gives you better control to Hosts like add images to back-ground, host can decide the functionalities to be available and as many part on the screen as we like, which will be seen by audience. Custom Layouts allow pre-defined grouping parts, making one structure to class room or webinar....

Cons

Needs improvement in "look & feel" and some areas are confusing to host. Connectivity issues too pops up. Help option is needs improvement

Cathy A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Adobe Connect is Not For Me!

Very poor experience. Here is an unedited cut-and-paste message from their customer service team: Hi cathy, For Adobe connect concern only you need to contact in that number they will help you with the information if issue is not resolved please contact us back with the same case reference number we will help you with information.

Pros

As a presenter, when someone else is hosting a webinar, I have found Adobe Connect easy to use. I have enjoyed the various features and the way the set up looks when I am delivering a presentation. It's clean and seems to provide a good experience for attendees.

Cons

I tried, really tried, to create an account and use this system so that I could offer webinars to clients and potential clients. I am not really tech-savvy but I am not stupid either and I have always been able to learn new systems and make them work for me. Not this time. I needed customer service to set myself up as an admin. I watched quick start videos and tutorials, read user guide materials and even took a live demo. Nope. All of it was so far over my head I could not process what they were saying. When I reached out to through the sales staff they made it clear they were not interested in my business. They want big companies with IT departments, not sole proprietors trying to help nonprofit organizations.

Corine T.

Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Useable and Decent

My overall experience with Adobe Connect was alright. I was able to use it for its proper purpose, but it definitely worked a lot slower than other software. Some of my classes also stopped using Adobe Connect for office hours because it was older and slower than other software.

Pros

Adobe Connect is definitely a useable tool to use, although it seems to be a bit less modern than other tools. I like that there are options for video chatting, voice only, text chatting, and sharing screens. This came in handy for school projects and office hours that I attended in school. I study through an online university and Adobe Connect is what we used to connect with teachers for office hours and for presentations. While having office hours, students were able to easily ask the teacher questions and the teacher was able to share their screen with us.

Cons

What I least liked about this software is that it seems not so updated compared to more modern products that do the same thing. It was also a little bit difficult to use at first. I thought it worked very slowly as well.

CK

Chandni K.

Computer Software, self-employed

Sophisticated and Great Video Conferencing Tool

It is one of the best tools I have personally come across, even given its drawbacks. It helps maintain a consistency in the product delivery and by far, I have not faced any major problems. I would certainly recommend this over the competition.

Pros

The software stands out in comparison with competition as: - Quickly connect with clients and co-workers inter large conferencing rooms with a password protection. - You can chat and do video conferencing simultaneously - you can share links, and even upload documents - Pods - the software allows us to upload files into the server which are organised or grouped together for easier downloads. These are highly customisable. - Easy to do recording of sessions and has a special attendance (roll count) section for better customer use - Has a great playback quality enabling better recollection for later.

Cons

Though a very straightforward software, it has its own challenges: - It seems very cluttered to begin with. You have to do customised re-arrangement for better visual appearance. - Sometimes it randomly removes people from the conference room. It was a major issue in the beginning but seems to be improving with time. - There is a problem with uploading certain files like word document, while some like pdf documents need to be resized constantly.

DH

Dinidu H.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

The Best Web Conferencing Platform

It's the best tool of this kind on the market as it has all the features needed to organize and coordinate online projects. It's expensive, however, the annual subscription offers a good discount.

Pros

It is a premium product from a trusted brand. Features like dynamic participation and video recording make it a useful tool for any team that is looking for an all-inclusive web conferencing software.

Cons

It's an expensive product. It comes in three pricing plans with monthly and annual billing options. Fortunately, there is a 30-days free trial. The Meetings module is free for up to three participants.

CS

Carolyn S.

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Adobe Connect

My overall experience using Adobe Connect has been very positive. The software is very reliable and offers features such as video conferencing, recording, presentation, and attendee management which are essential for online teaching and learning.

Pros

The features are most impactful are video conferencing, presentation feature and real-time chat. These features offer the opportunity for participants to feel more connected with co-workers and students.

Cons

The pricing is the least favorite part about this software.

Thomas L.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Works great for hosting meetings

Pros

Adobe connect has a very robust set of tools for hosting meetings. It's easy to manage and switch between different tools and roles. Adobe makes it easy for clients to connect to meetings.

Cons

Broadcast quality leaves a lot to be desired. There's no way to set up crystal clear output for others to view and sharing pre-recorded video makes for enormous lag while it cuts in and out. It also seems to go offline fairly often, and customer service is very difficult to get a hold of to ask questions.

AK

Alex K.

A good program, but were forced to refuse

Pros

We decided to use this solution because of its functionality. But they did not calculate that it would cost so much. Indeed, the product does not require the installation of additional software and has a wide cross-platform. All you need is access to the Internet. However, the price just killed. The cost of a package for 5 students with installation on the server of the company and technical support cost $ 30. Our need was to expand the package to at least 30 people. Here also consider.

Cons

The main disadvantage - the price. It is easy to find affordable solutions cheaper, albeit not so convenient.

BW

Braden W.

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Solid for Classroom Environments

Overall Adobe Connect is a solid software, however I think that its application is geared more towards education than anything else. Although the plethora of dynamic features is nice, I'd say for the average small-medium sized business it would be overkill. Additionally, there are free solutions for virtual meetings that can accomplish the goal of putting you e-face-to-face with others if that's all you need.

Pros

Adobe Connect is packed with functionality. In comparison to some of its immediate competitors in the virtual meeting space, Adobe Connect provides a customizable layout plan that allows you to feature a lot more than just your screen or your face (or whatever is on your webcam). It's document share feature allows hosts and participants to share documents quickly between one another, and moreover you can actually have the system narrate a document if needed!

Cons

A big area for improvement is the mobile application. Adobe Connect's mobile app consistently has connectivity issues, which I have experienced both via a WiFi and Cellular connection. The connectivity issues have been both in just joining a meeting, and being unable to do so from the start; and also during a meeting.

RN

Ravindu N.

Textiles, 5,001-10,000 employees

Adobe connect for video conference

In my overall experience adobe connect is the best software for video conference because it has very useful and unique features.

Pros

Using adobe connect, we can design our visual room and create custom experiences. It has ability to create different layouts. After we design our virtual room, we can save it as a template, and this is really useful for future meetings. Adobe connect also includes many number of power features. Presenter only area and preparing modes are my favorite features in adobe connect.

Cons

Well, in my experience adobe connect has not user friendly interface and it is more complicated than other tools. In fact we need a little time to learn those features. Otherwise there are no big issues with adobe connect.

A B.

Design, 1-10 employees

ADOBE

Hi Adobe is the best suits and with out adobe its difficult to do all the editing works and jobs

Pros

I ALREADY TRIED ALL THE ADOBE SUITE IS THE BEST SUITES I LIKE ADOBE LIGHTROOM ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CC AND ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR ADOBE LIGHTROOM AND ADOBE PHOTOSHOP USE FOR EDITING AND ENCHANCEMENT PURPOSE ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR USE FOR DESIGNING PURPOSE

Cons

improve the speed and upgrade the plugin in all versions of softwares