BlueJeans Logo

BlueJeans

Video, audio and web conferencing platform

BlueJeans Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.02/10

See full reviews by rating

BlueJeans always keep on updating their user interface due to which it becomes interesting using it. The video quality used in the platform is just awesome.
The ease of setting up a video conference call mixed with the video/audio clarity (barely any freezing) made this a beautiful application for my time with it in 2015.
More consistantly reliable than other teleconference software. I had a setup issue and their Customer Support was AWESOME.
Being invited to, and joining a meeting is FAR more painful than it should be. It's a poor experience for the people that you are inviting.
Also sometimes when you have weak signals give an indication to the other participants that there is a signal issue so that there is transparency.
It can be frustrating and I definitely think it is a little creepy to have someone see you when you cannot see them.

Jason S.

Director of IT

Retail, 1,001-5,000 employees

Bluejeans offers great audio and video quality in a Web Conferencing environment

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Jason I'm director of IT. I'm reviewing Bluejeans today. I give it a five star out...

James B.

Digital Marketing Executive

Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Updated and more stable

Transcript

James B.: My name is James. I'm a digital marketing executive, and I give BlueJeans a four out of five....

Bridget H.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Facilitates conversations , regardless of geographical distance.

Bluejeans is specifically used for communication between myself and team-mates at work, regardless whether they are in the same team, department with me or not. Among the huge benefits that I have gotten from Bluejeans is that I can communicate with anyone of my colleagues, regardless of their geographical distance from me.

Pros

The high-definition quality of Bluejeans meetings creates a real-life feel for my video meeting interactions. Likewise, I like Bluejeans breakout sessions and I have relied on this feature to initiate smaller group discussions with fellow meeting attendees, during departmental-wide video meeting conferences.

Cons

There is no parity when it comes to features , functionality between Bluejeans on native desktop and when I use Bluejeans on my computer web browser. Will be fantastic to be able to access the same array of features and functionality, on whatever platform I use Bluejeans.

Ana A.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

The effectiveness and ability to provide answers to problems presented are fast.

It allows the user to share several screens at the same time, which is very easy to access, since the user determines what he/she wants to share and hide. It is also possible to work remotely. It offers an integrated and synchronized interface with other applications that have work agendas, which makes it easier to use by the user, since he/she will be working from calendars or work agendas. Taking...

Pros

You can access and work with it through various devices, just by having the platform installed on it, since it uses high-definition technology for both participants and presenters. In short, we can say that this tool is easy and quick to handle for all those people who are interested in interacting, communicating and making their work more agile, efficient and effective, either in person or remotely from the company for which they work. And last but not least, organizations have bet on its usefulness because it has been positioned very quickly and conveniently in the cloud. Therefore it has been a tool of great ease, effectiveness and connection between the users of an organization, since users can interact in a dynamic and real way being in a distant process.

Cons

Users cannot join the videoconference due to quota limits and when there is no quota limit, video calls and video conferences become slow with the use of mobile devices.

Rishi G.

Computer Software, self-employed

Good application for online meetings!

Pros

There are a few things that I really like about BlueJeans - 1. All the scheduled meetings are displayed in the "Upcoming" section, so it acts as a constant reminder for future meetings. From the "recent" section, I can switch between different meetings easily. 2. UX is good. Every option that's necessary for quickly setting up the meetings is right in front of the eyes. 3. The independent option...

Cons

More than a couple of things actually - 1. First, it's very pricy and only comes with the Pro and Enterprise models. There should be a standard model with decreased charges as well. 2. Unexpected crash while switching from internal to external webcam. The application freezes and crashes. There are no logs generated for the problem, so it's hard to find why the issue occurred in the first place. 3....

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Rarely get Good Quality Video & Audio

Overall I find myself often frustrated that I didn't hear someone at a critical moment. not always - but just enough times to leave a bad taste. I know this is also per connection quality - but when other similar software works with the same connection, you start to wonder.

Pros

Bluejeans generally works, you can have multiparty video conversations with presentations, recordings. it's pretty easy to combine outsiders and insiders on the calls, usually, you just click the link and it works. It's easy to use your 'personal' standing meeting or set a special code for a named meeting. Like I said - it generally delivers on the promise of video conferencing with people.

Cons

There is a lot amiss. I've used it many times from many connections and never gotten really good quality audio and video. You often get latency and breakups in situations where Hangouts or even Facetime would sail through. The chat window is hidden and in my experience almost never used. you can't control who you see (just a few modes), and there's often trouble recognizing headphones etc. So quite buggy.

ST

Shreedhar T.

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

One of the best audio/video conferencing solution for your business

We are using BlueJeans since last 4 years and we are happy with it. It helped us lot in COVID when all users were working from home. Conversations over phone calls were not sufficient at that time. So we were using BlueJeans for meetings and conferencing. It is saving not only our valuable time but also lot of money on traveling as users don't have to travel to HO for meetings. They directly get connected through BlueJeans.

Pros

1) HD quality audio or/and video conferencing. 2) Meeting can be access through browser or mobile also. No need to install application. 3) Cost effective solution compared to others 4) Dolby atmos technology helps to clear external noise and best audio quality while meeting. 5) You can share screens, raise hands, chat in private. 6) Support all platforms i.e. windows, iOS, Android 7) Meeting can be recorded for future reference 8) It encrypts data using standard protocols like TLS, SRTP etc

Cons

Sometimes it does not work if there is no sufficient bandwidth. It keeps hanging untill we get proper bandwidth. Instead of taking 10-15 minutes it should check minimum bandwidth first and give alert or error message so user can know exact issue.

Kate D.

Medical Devices, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 2+ years

Always BlueJeans for better work efficiency

It is excellent tool to have online video calling. It is very user-friendly and easy to use tool. It is only because of BlueJeans that I am able to work outside the office. It has made easy to travel around the world and I get log in through anywhere anytime.

Pros

I personally have to be on excessive travels, due to the nature of my job, it was very difficult for me to get along with other team members, without having a real time, face to face experience. Now I am using BlueJeans and I have overcome this distancing issue. It is excellent tool for conducting online meetings.

Cons

I have been using BlueJeans for years and getting great services from this online meeting application. While using this tool I face some problems while sharing screen with other participants, otherwise I have nothing to say in dislikes.

Jaclyn B.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Great option for large organizations

Great option to have in our suite of programs for virtual meetings, interviews, and presentations.

Pros

Great for large organizations looking for an affordable virtual meeting software option. Works great across our large university.

Cons

Functionality could be more intuitive, user experience and design could also be improved

PJ

Puneet J.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Bluejeans is easy to use

Pros

The best part about Bluejeans is they keep providing mobile updates and upgrades to their tool. You don't need to install the updates. They automatically install them on your machine. This makes it a hassle free tool.

Cons

Making another person a host is painful in Bluejeans. I have faced this issue several times when I went on PTO and no one was able to run my meetings as they couldn't make another person a host.

Gabriel B.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Communication and videoconferencing software like no other.

Virtual backgrounds are included, and the scheduling of repeating meetings is also fantastic. It has a fair amount of functions. It works nicely on my laptop, smartphone, or any device and is more fluid than competing video calling platforms or programs. Its user interface and mobile app were well planned out. With other partners or clients, BlueJeans is simple to utilize.

Pros

For our videoconferences, Bluejeans has been a dependable and comprehensive option. We typically hold meetings practically every day, and I also use it for basic technical support when I need it; it is practical because of the screen sharing feature. Our meetings are interactive since we have a board, notes, document sharing, and other very collaborative technologies. Remote work has also worked quite well.

Cons

It actually contains the features I require. The background blur feature, however, is not very helpful. I'm hoping it will fit better when I'm at home because it doesn't look good if the background is disorganized. Regarding the other most crucial features, everything works flawlessly.

Alesia L.

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

A/V/W Conferencing Software

Audio, video and web conferencing.

Pros

BlueJeans eradicated traditional conferences by enhancing webinars and online meetings.

Cons

I have never detected any flaw while using BlueJeans.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good overall, always room for improvement

We use bluejeans for intensivied contact between HQ and our operating companies globally. Also in larger countries, sales teams use it for sales calls.

Pros

Bluejeans nicely (and stable) integrates with outlook (incl O365). Scheduling calls is as any other with the plugin Although development on features was relatively slow from a user perspective, the last year Bluejeans caught up with newcomers by adding loads of new features, making it a true competitor (again) Admin features are really nice, including command center (extra cost), giving the right insights in users, meetings and trends And last but not least, it can connect anything to a meeting (apps, dialin call, roomsystem h323, even other platforms)

Cons

Video and audio seem more out of sync than with other solutions. Requires more bandwidth in comparisson (although not an issue in these days) The background image option is causing high cpu usage (could be improved, but only causing the fan to blow harder) On admin side: more reporting on users and sync between user mngt and command center usage reports would be nice (for example show historic meetings of all users vs users currently holding an account). Also time dimensions not always export properly to excel

Stéfano B.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Great tool for companies with teams in different locations

Bluejeans is suitable for every enterprise meeting with teams in different places. It makes easy to connect, to talk through audio and text, also share video showing the team and sharing the screens, enabling the user to select specifically what he wants to share and hide everything else, which is very important for privacy and especially in a work environment. Inside the Company it offers integrated interface with Outlook for example which makes it even easier to operate, and the access for people from outside the company is also simple, making it a great option if you're talking with outside teams, suppliers, and others.

Pros

Easy to set up calls and have access links available for users from both inside and outside of the company. You can also share the screen for presentation, making it possible to share only one app and hiding the others (for privacy) or selecting which screens you want to share (if using multiple screens). Meeting recording is also available and is a valuable function for important and long meetings, to review the meeting minutes taken for future reports.

Cons

Connection sometimes lags when having too many attendants - for example, over 15-20; If BlueJeans could offer any mic filter software that would be great, sometimes people that connect have terrible mics that can every noise that's around and makes the meeting a lousy experience. Of course, the equipment can be changed, but a function to have a better noise filter within the software would be excellent; Easier connection for people outside the company, which don't have the app installed. Sometimes it is confusing for suppliers that are not used to the app and have to connect.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Are All VideoConference Systems Alike?

We've been using BlueJeans for three years or so now and have seen the product improve and found it essential to handling remote work conversations and for bringing in our international team for all-staff meetings. It's difficult to pinpoint the cause when there are issues: lag and sometimes ill-synching with audio/video can have many causes throughout a network throughout the world so I won't put that on BlueJeans. It's a rock solid piece of software.

Pros

Screensharing and the ability to annotate on screen are really good features. The desktop and mobile apps are relatively simple, elegant in design, and don't suffer the feature bloat that many other vid conf systems suffer.

Cons

I honestly hear "Welcome to BlueJeans" so many times a day that I just find myself wearying of the voice. :-)

MS

Malek S.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

A fantastic platform for hosting online meetings

The collaborative features offered by BlueJeans have increased our capabilities as a team to stay connected in all circumstances, which has had a significant positive impact on our performance. BlueJeans has become an important component of our system, where we can schedule meetings and hold them on time. In addition, we can send invitations to colleagues to share updates and prepare reports.

Pros

BlueJeans is one of the best platforms for hosting virtual meetings because it offers sufficient flexibility to organize all stages of virtual meetings and provides a large number of tools to assist with the organization process. Even if they do not already have a BlueJeans account, I am able to easily coordinate contacts and send them the invitation link, which enables them to take part in the meeting...

Cons

I haven't run into any complicated issues while using BlueJeans; the user interface seems to be very straightforward, and I believe that anyone should have no trouble using it.

IJ

Ishrat J.

Research, 51-200 employees

Sessions in BlueJeans Meetings can be began as a simple click

one of the best cloud-based video conferencing platform that enables enterprises to host video meetings with ease.

Pros

With Dolby Voice positional audio, dynamic sound leveling, and background noise suppression, I'll be able to hear everyone clearly. By clicking a button, I can add a video or audio call to any Google, Microsoft Outlook, Robin, or FreeBusy calendar invite without entering a PIN, conference ID, or password. I can attend or lead meetings from anywhere you have an internet connection using your choice compatible device. Whether in the office or on the go, employees may quickly host or join meetings using straightforward desktop or mobile software. They can also use a supported browser without downloading any additional software or add-ons. I can share my screen with others during the meeting to encourage participation.

Cons

Despite the fact that I can exchange films between participants, BlueJeans does not allow me to send simple files or documents. Some long-time users have claimed that the content isn't always recorded in its entirety, with parts missing. In comparison to its competitors, BlueJeans has a greater latency rate.

Angel R.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Very organized and through which we can hold meetings remotely with ease

With BlueJeans Meetings, we were able to complete meetings remotely with ease, as scheduling meetings, sending their invitations, recording them and preparing their minutes was smooth.

Pros

The best part of BlueJeans Meetings, which distinguishes it from the rest of the applications, is that it makes us focus more on the content of the discussion in the meeting and not distract our thoughts by recording notes, as BlueJeans Meetings has the capabilities of recording meetings and converting content into texts, which enables me to purify them at a later time and take useful information from...

Cons

I haven't experienced any negatives, as BlueJeans Meetings is very easy to use, both via the mobile app and from a computer.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Bluejeans is a solid web conferencing product which offers excellent audio and video quality. Once they work through the issues with performance in the software, it will be far superior to others in the marketplace.

Pros

Bluejeans has a very easy interface to use as well as superior dolby sound in comparison to other products.

Cons

The client software has a heavy interface which takes quite a bit of time to install. It alsodoes not run as fast as competitors such as Zoom or Cisco Webex.

NH

Nolan H.

BlueJeans Review

As I mentioned, I'm WFH permanently now, and having a software like BlueJeans is a must within my organization. We use the Microsoft Suite for a lot of applications, including Outlook, and BlueJeans is linkable to Outlook which makes scheduling meetings and adding them to your meeting invites super easy. I hop onto regular meeting, client conferences and one on one training all the time and using BlueJeans has been a great addition to making my workday more streamlined.

Pros

Since going to remote work, it's imperative to my day-to-day that within my organization we have reliable video-conferencing software., and Bluejeans is a very popular service. My favourite aspect of Bluejeans is how simple it is to record a meeting or presentation so it can be shared with others, or referenced back by others if it's a training or instructional demonstration. The recorded videos all live in a simple to use interface in my Bluejeans profile.

Cons

BlueJeans seems to have more connectivity issues than other similar video conferencing software programs. The audio is especially susceptible to turning robotic or glitching out.

Surya P.

Consumer Services, 10,001+ employees

Bluejeans Review

We have been using Bluejeans since the lockdown started and companies gave us WFH. It is simply a brilliant tool for daily meetings, and connecting with your teams and we have seen this product improvement in the last 2 and half years. They just have to check with their recent updates which cause a few problems which I have mentioned in Cons.

Pros

Easy and user-friendly video conferencing and online meeting software. We can share our screen where it has multiple options like sharing a particular app(for privacy) or sharing a full screen. Doesn't require software or application on the other side, they can easily join with web browsers as well. We can record the meeting as well if it is required.

Cons

After the recent updates in Bluejeans, there are some seriously lagging and syncing issues. Even if a person already left the meeting, he/she will still showing in the meeting for the next couple of minutes. If they joined user name will not be shown up to you for a few minutes so you will have no clue who is speaking from the next side.

Parsival N.

Law Practice, 10,001+ employees

Bluejeans is an excellent application for videoconferencing

I wear bluejeans every day and at big events, giving support to users where I work, the application is excellent, we have the option to record videoconferences and that makes it a lot easier. The application has integration with Outlook, making invitations to meetings even easier.

Pros

Ease of use, both in user support and in use, excellent quality in video calls. I highly recommend BlueJeans, I have been using it for over 3 years and I like it a lot. it is possible to use on computers, videoconferencing devices, cell phones and telephones, it has many benefits in its use.

Cons

The App will disconnect after 30 minutes if the moderator does not enter and that makes it a bit difficult, as I need to connect the meetings 1 hour before the moderator enters, I believe it is a good point to work with this limitation.

TS

Tami S.

Bluejeans

I hop onto a Bluejeans call every single morning at 9am, so using it has become like second nature to me. Within my org we use a few different video applications but BlueJeans is the most widespread.

Pros

I like how it's easy to sync BlueJeans up with my outlook calendar, and I REALLY like how simple it is to record a meeting so you can go back and review, and share the recording with others.

Cons

I feel like in comparison to similar software BlueJeans tends to freeze more often, and have connectivity issues with audio (people sounding like robots). I also do not like how when I blur my background it makes everything else on my laptop move so slow, I seriously can't do anything when in a meeting with a blurred background.

William V.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

BlueJeans - a great tool for your audio meetings

BlueJenas has helped a lot in my day - to - day business development and brainstorming with my team. A very useful app and tool to have and use, as it will bring you benefits for sure.

Pros

BlueJeans was mostly used by me when it comes to audio meetings and audio conference calls with my team. The fact that the quality of connection is perfectly clear and stable is what makes this tool so good and usable. The data transfer is fast and reliable and the app itself is easy to use and simple.

Cons

As much as it is good for audio conferencing, video side is not my favorite. It glitches sometimes, the image quality is not the greatest and these are the things that should be worked on as the app develops. Again, it is an amazing tool and helps a lot but it has space to improve.

CB

Christi B.

Hands Down Best Video Communications Software

It is easy to host and join meetings with employees in other offices or that work remotely. It's also easy for me to join meetings when I am working remotely. This is super beneficial that just because I am out of the office I don't have to miss an important meeting.

Pros

Easy to use, always reliable, clear sound and pictures! I love that this integrates with Google Calendar and we can add a Blue Jeans link to a meeting invite when creating it. The technology of this software is super impressive. We hold meetings all the time with several offices and people around the world at the exact same time and there is little to no delay in their responses. It is also very convenient to be able to copy and paste the link to another employee to click on and join within a matter of seconds without any hassle of them having to log into an account, etc.

Cons

There is not anything that I don't like about this software. I only have a suggestion. It would be great if a large message could pop up on the screen or a voice could remind those that are remoting in to mute their phones or mics when they first enter the meeting. There have been several occasions where the meeting is already in full swing and someone joins later and we can hear them driving, eating, texting, etc and have to request they mute themselves. Their microphones need to be muted the moment they join the meeting so there isn't any interruption.

PW

Paul W.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

What I Didn't Expect.

Great experience and easy implementation. It is fairly priced and has packages that fit any sized business. I would highly suggest for companies that have offices across long distances.

Pros

We have 21 warehouses across the company with 150 full-time salaried employees we need to stay connected to. I knew this would help with collaboration but what I didn't foresee was the since of connectivity it creates amongst teams that do no work in close proximity together. All in all, it was one of the best decisions we have made bringing on this technology.

Cons

The equipment needed for in-office video conferencing isn't cheap, but it is of great quality. We have had ours for over a year now and have had no issue. However, you don't have to have the equipment, just a computer or cell phone to get the benefits the system provides.

NA

Nour A.

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Easy-to-use and convenient app for remote meetings.

In my opinion, BlueJeans is the best option for anyone who wants to make use of capabilities like live sharing and video conferencing that aren't available in the same quality in other similar applications.

Pros

BlueJeans is a great online meeting and interviewing platform. Easy to use, with high-quality broadcast technology, you can increase productivity with high-profile meetings and audio recordings; It efficiently simplifies the management of meetings with live meeting controls, notifications, and analytics. With one click, we may join the meetings regardless of the type of equipment of the subscribers. Accepting invitations is simple with your own user interface that provides all the necessary information. As a result of using BlueJeans, I have been able to participate in many conferences, lectures, and meetings that I did not expect to attend. Great job defending our company from malicious attacks and building trust with everyone present.

Cons

There aren't any drawbacks to using BlueJeans because it does its job well and has an intuitive user interface that's easy to learn and understand.